Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
@Savitha feminism as such as come to that extend that girls are not willing to give Ram or Krishna a chance to stand by them. Ram or Krishna could protect the woman because they were within limits or maryada of human values. But when the lady cross the limits, questioning, demanding rights all the time how will he ensure the rights for her. They are also bound by societal rules. if we support them, they will also be able to support us. It will be a little hard path. But if you are with the right man it is worth the effort.

I read a review of Pink. It had come in my whatsapp. The question the lady asked was relevant. Yes the movie can give big dialogues but how will you break the perception. This is where I have always felt Mani Ratnam movies, , or Malayalam director Sathyan Anthikad's movies win. Even the Tamil movie Samsaram oru Minsaram. I am not sure who directed it. Balachander or Vichu. Here you get strong female portrayals. But a woman who stands within the maryada or limits, but standing up for herself or for a cause. Only such things can break perception. Movie like Pink I agree is a great attempt, but can only endorse the already existing perception.  
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shruthi ,Jaya and all of you who are interested in reading about Sita. I  came across a site 'Infinityfoundation.com' which has some articles on Indic traditions and Sita. Found it engrossing.
Savita
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Savita, the current society is taking Rama as an example to doubt his wife and Krishna to have multiple marriage or live in relationship. They are not bothered why Rama abandoned his wife or why Krishna was called a Brmhacahri despite him having multiple wives and gopikas. they take example of Shivji marrying Parvati after Sati's death (remarriage of a widower) but never think about him becoming Veerbhadra to kill Daksha and his clans for pushing his wife Daakshayini to death. They take example of Sulochana climbing her dead husband's pyre and how a wife has to either die (as Sulochana) or lead a widow life as Shabari (like a sanyasini).

Yes I do appreciate the pampers of festival and have kept it to some extent and taught my daughter thos evalus like why we need to light Diya, why need to feed Cow on Harvest festival even before we eat, which will make our mind happy. I love Dasara as I belong to Mysore (born and brought up in Mysore) though I live in Bangalore for the last 17 years. but I love Lakshmi Pooja & Gowri Pooja the most as we get to meet more ladies and can mingle with them with free mindset.
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Rightly said Jaya. That has been my lament too, we as a society tend to distort our god's principles and ideals to fit  our own prejudices. My father was from Mysore too, so I too have experienced the flavor of Dusshera there. We used to do the pujas and attend the parade and finish it with the sighting of the illumination of the palace. The celebration of the festivals in our home were in tune with the Mysorian tradition. I still have my grandmother's  traditional Raja-Rani statue carved out of wood.
Shruthi ,I agree that feminism often veers towards the extreme end. But if we manage to find the golden balance between respect and tradition, how many mountains can we scale successfully.
Savita
shruthiravi thumbnail
I too love Navarathri the most. Reason is as Jaya cited. Can meet ladies and mingle with them. It is kind of a woman's festival with Bommakollu, haldi kumkum etc.. I also go to perform Lakshmi pooja for getting that group feeling where many ladies perform it together in the community hall and all.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@jaya the points you put about Ram and Krishna are the ones that are used to degrade the Sanathana Dharma. I recently heard a comment. Who is good. Is it the Ravan who took Sita or Ram who doubted the wife who had done AP. So the fact Ram doubted his wife is embedded in people's thoughts. It came from a guy who is quite younger and used to sit next to me in office. I overheard this while he was discussing Ramayan with his friends.
So drilling of such thoughts in minds of our youngsters and our people not knowing how to defend our culture properly is really having a bad effect on future generations.
I am not talking about religion, but if we have to defend our culture, we will have to ensure the core values of Santhana Dharma reaches the next generation the right way.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sruthi it is not just sanatana dharma, even about our history we have give proper knowledge to our younger generation. For example Gandhiji and Godse, about their real reasons for that ultimate sreps. It took me a long walk of 3 kilometers to make my daughter understand the situation at that time which made Godse to take that step to kill his leader whom he followed religiously.