zaara2212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
welcome back again ðŸ˜Š with a new concept again... wow mujse dosti karogi ðŸ˜Šconcept.. so raj and sanjana are married and geet is probably still in her old memories with broken heart ðŸ˜­
letter to maan was emotional😭
waiting for more update soon pls 😊
Jyoraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Excited for the new story.
Geet has not moved on from her first love and rejected Maan.
nice prologue.
thanks for the pm and eager to read more.
monika1992 thumbnail
Exited to read further updates of this story... 
Cont soon
Waiting... 

micky11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Interesting  prologue 
Continue  soon
anitha_tooty thumbnail
Pretty gud move sister 
chsweety22 thumbnail

kawaii_geet thumbnail

So, finally we start off with this one.
Do leave your feedback!

1. Someone Like You

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.

Cold.

That was the first feeling she felt. She was cold. She shivered and that woke her up. The atmosphere had turned chilly and gloomy. The room was dark and the unfamiliar surrounding startled her. she quickly got off the chaise chair that she was sleeping on and her book fell down. She blinked a couple of times to shrug off that unfamiliar feeling and remembered that she was back at home.

In Shimla!

She had come back home. Sighing, she picked up her book and walked towards the window. The sun had suddenly gone hiding. A thin mist covered the air and it was cloudy. It could rain any minute.  She pulled the curtains close and went back to make herself some coffee. The house was silent, like a graveyard. And it kept her company. She liked it that way. There was once a time when she had been so boisterous and she liked having people around. But time changes. And it sweeps off people in its wave. She had also been swept along. Six months were a long time.

Her phone cried, breaking her reverie and she rushed to pick it up.

Warm steam rose up from the coffee mug warming her palm as she sat on the chaise chair and took the call.

"Geet, where in the world are you?" Pooja screamed from the other side.

"In Shimla."

"And what are you doing there all alone?"

Geet wondered if she had ever heard Pooja even raise her voice. But today, she was definitely angry.

"I am at home..." she stirred her coffee.

"You left London without telling me. Its luck that I happened to be home today and mamma told that you had blackmailed them to let you go. Why are you doing this?"

"I... I just wanted to spend some time here, at home, with mom dad before I left for my studies."

"Ohh god Geet..please don't do that to yourself. You could have called me right? Raj and I would have been there with you." Pooja almost cried.

Geet smiled a bittersweet smile. She looked up to see the picture of her parents on the wall. Something stirred in her. she missed her mother today. she missed her so much. True she had Pooja's parents to care for her, but she was one little lost child today. she had always been.

"Geet, are you listening? Was it necessary? You are all alone and Gosh...you are so stupid! Come back to us, Now."

"I will be back by the end of the week. Don't worry about me and you both take care okay?"

Geet finished the call and sighed. She had always wanted to come back home before she left for her studies. She wanted to come back to the place where she could just hide from everything from the world. She wanted to go back to her own house' and hide in its warmth. Hide herself in that place where the memories of her parents wafted in the air. It took a lot of time to convince Pooja's family but they finally agreed to let her go and find her roots. There are things you cannot fight with and it was so much better to invest your time and energy in something that would keep you away from those things.

Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.

"This is so Cool!" Antara screamed in Joy.

Youngest of the three siblings, she was a pampered princess. And the princess had wished to visit India. And her wishes were their Command. So, they had taken a break from the soiree of The Big Apple and found their muse in Shimla.

"Antara, come on Lets move. It might rain."

She glared at her brother, "Its Ana bro...Ana!"

"han jo bhi ho...who cares. Now lets go else Maan bhai will kill us."

"But can't we stay a little more? The weather is just so awesome."

They walked to the place where they were scheduled to meet their eldest and found him nowhere.

"Where is he?"

Antara sighed, "Did he get his camera with him?"

He made a "ohh-i-forgot" face and rolled his eyes, "Fine. You can enjoy a little more. Bhai and Camera are in an eternal relationship."

It started drizzling and the weather turned colder. The duo walked and hopped their way around the cobbled streets, buying stuffs, enjoy the cold rain, until they saw their brother stand in front of a church and click away pictures after pictures.

"Maan Bhaiii..." Ana screamed and jumped on him, "take my pictures too."

He smiled and wiped off the drops of water from his forehead. He had wanted to hide away his precious camera from the rain but then he couldn't help. anyways, it was waterproof.

"Fine, you both take your poses."

Click...Click...Click..

"Moreee." His brother screamed, laughing. He and Ana made faces and jumped around and Maan enjoyed the sight.

Click...

"Kabir, thats it!"

"Nooo.. bhai... a few more. See, I will make Ana a witch."

Saying so, he ruffled her hair, making her shriek.

"Kabirrr...arrghhh"

They fought like little kids...Kabir and Antara and he enjoyed. Photography was his hobby and he knew it captured priceless moments. Just like the one now where he had clicked Kabir pulling out Antara's hair.

Priceless Moments!

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

She liked the feel of the water on her skin. It soothed her. she had finished her coffee and had walked out. She didn't know why she had wanted to take a walk when she clearly knew that it could rain any moment. She had walked the winding roads of the city that was her birthplace and lost herself in her memories. Her mother, her father, Pooja and Raj.

Raj... the name brought back some bitter feelings that she had tried to forget. she was not unhappy. In fact she was glad that Raj and Pooja found their anchor in each other. It was her who had been the third wheel in their story and it was all because of her that they had decided to break up. But she didn't want pity. She didn't even want anyone to tell her that they were with her or that they understood her. All she needed was time. True, Pooja's family treated her as their own daughter and they took care of her, loved her, pampered her but she wanted to find her roots. And hence, she had decided to complete her studies. She had run away from everything but she couldn't run away from herself. She loved Raj...probably still does. It would take time...a very long time.

She walked towards the church in haste. The wind had picked up speed and she wanted to get back home as soon as possible. She saw people running for covers and she ran too.

"Heyyy..."

Someone screamed and she was startled. She turned to look at the sound.

-Click-

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I'll remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"

Maan frowned. He hated when people photo bombed. He was taking a picture of Ana looking at the church gates with a beautiful expression and he wanted to capture that. Natural.  But this woman just ruined it.
Kabir had shouted her to get away knowing how his brother hated disruptions but the damage had been done. she looked up at them with her fearful eyes and her hairs stuck to her face in the rain.

"Am sorry."

And she walked away.

Just an apology and she was gone. Maan shook his head and kept away his camera.

"Antara, Kabir, lets get back."

"But we have to shop for everyone back home. This is our last day here Bhai." Kabir Quipped.

Maan rolled his eyes, "Fine. Finish it off and let's get back."

They shopped and he kept clicking pictures.

She didn't want to go back home and hence, just roamed around, somehow unknowingly getting captured in the frames of a certain photographer.

You know how the time flies
Only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised
In a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days

She heard voices in her head. Of Pooja. Raj. Uncle. Aunty. And so many more.

"Geet, we want you to see this guy..."

"Guy? For what aunty?"

Mrs Sahani had kissed her forehead, "for your marriage beta. He is a very nice man."

"But I have studies ahead. I have already filled the forms."

"but there is nothing wrong in just meeting him right?
"

She felt terrible. She had been back from Shimla and she had been good. But things like these made her miss her father terribly. She had been in a bad mood.

"Hey hey... Cheer up Miss Universe. Its fine if you don't want to see anyone now. Just Smile okay." Raj had talked to her. She had smiled. A little.

Miss Universe? Why of course...that was what Raj called her.

"If you sulk like this, you will turn ugly."

"I am going to New York, Raj."

"New York? Why?"

"To complete my masters. I will leave in a week."

She heard him trying to convince her not to go away so far. Pooja convinced her too. Everyone did. But she was tired of everything. She was tired of pretending to be okay when she was not. she didn't want the extra love or extra attention everyone was giving her. why couldn't they just be normal and leave her alone?

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I'd hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

The New York air was like a new balm to her loneliness. She thought of people back in London. They tried to make her feel wanted. She didn't want that. She was happy that finally Raj supported her decision to let her go. She would start from scratch. Back home, nothing helped her forget things. If at all, everything and everyone reminded her of how broken she was or that she was all alone in the world with no one to turn to.

She was glad that she got scholarship for her studies. And whatever money her father had left behind, it helped her settle in a small rented apartment. Her phone buzzed.

"Reached safe, Miss Universe?" Raj teased.

"Stop calling me that." She smiled.

"Why not? Tum ho Miss Universe."

"Raj, stop that, I am Geet and not any miss Universe or something."

"Fine Fine. Just tell me, did you find the apartment? I had given your number to your landlady."

"Got it. I just got into the apartment. Its warm and nice and cozy." She sat on the bed with a thump.

"Nice. Listen Geet, if you need anything...just anything, remember, you have me and Pooja with you. Okay?"

"Ummm."

"Your scholarship is granted right? If its not then maybe I can send some..."

"No. Raj. Its okay. I am fine here. I will let you know if I need anything."

"Good. Here, Pooja wants to talk to you."

She let out a defeated breath. People just didn't seem to leave her alone. And all she ever wanted was just that.

Nothing compares
No worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes
They are memories made.
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

Maan fell back on the bed and felt angry. That same woman had been captured in lot of frames. When they were shopping, when they had their coffee and some random things they did that evening. Was she a stalker? Never in his life had he felt such disappointments with his own photography. He browsed the pictures to find that particular one in front of the church and took a closer look.

Her eyes were brown. That was the only feature he could see. Rest of her face was conveniently covered with her hair. And her eyes felt sad. He sat up and checked other photographs just to be sure that she wasn't a stalker. He could see her face in a few but they were a little blurred all due to his focal lenses. He was glad that she wasn't prominent but then she was just present in a lot of the pictures, doing something or the other. He felt like deleting everything.

Maan Singh Khurana never liked distractions.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I'll remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

He looked at the one picture of her, in front of the church and cursed his luck. He viewed the options and pressed what he had planned to.

Delete.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>For pms, pls send a buddy request to ashypmlist.

>>The song in question here is "Someone Like You" by Adele.
Pls do hear the beautiful song.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZv5ZU7yknc[/YOUTUBE]

Next: Chapter 2

Edited by kawaii_geet - 6 years ago
heemasomani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Fastic update
geet is totally broken and wants to be alone
she came to shimla
maan and his sibling are also there
he was clicking pics but she was coming in between
Edited by heemasomani - 7 years ago
heemasomani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
will read and comment tomorrow
IMA9167 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Geet wanted to b alone
But all were in a mission to pamper her...
Finally Raj let her go to find herself.
Geet wants to live alone but was always distracted by someone r other...
Geet was captured in maan lens well that should b eyes...
Waiting dear