AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow Maria banner looks v colourful
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rhea_401

Firstlyyy a biggg hug for the double surprise... 🤗 ...

You left me like 😲

Coming the Blind date - So a hottie falls for a plain jane... Classic... Must say put in Preet Juneja style... 😉 ... yaar aisa mera saath kyun nahi hota??...

can so imagine Preet as a boss... can't blame Meher... poor girl... anyone would have been nervous AF...It's the 'Preet Juneja' afterall... 😆

Do do write more Fatima...As they say

An OS a week .. keeps Meetians at peak... 😆 ... bad one but nonetheless posted it:P

As for the update... Kya kahun...finallyyy Preet is on a roll... Getting his due... and Meher sucha rockstar she is ... scolded the hell out of that client...she proved that biwi chahe toh praan bhi waapis la sakti hai yeh contract kya cheez hai 😆

And the anniversary- never knew Meher could be so naughty huh... meena kumari turns into mallika sherawat ..:P... amazing

I see the problems getting sorted as we are heading towards the end..., 😭 ... do you plan to write more??

Thanks for reading and leavin me detailed feedback Rhea..really appreciate it.

The Blind Date...cute na?  Meher had a crush on Preet not realizing that he had a crush on her all along.  Rom-com fluff, I know...but it's what I enjoy writing. 😆

As for Ishq Bulava...finally...and I mean finally...Preet got his break...and things are looking up for Meet.  Still got a lot more things that need to happen...but yes the FF is in its last stage. 

Will I write more? 

I would love to.  I even have a great idea for another story,.  If I start a story I always finish it.  But II'm so busy these days, and hardly anyone reads, so I don't know if it's worth putting in the time and effort. 😕

Still...never say never...so...let's see.
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 69 - Baby Blues

One month later...

Meher paced back and forth worriedly pausing only momentarily to glance up at the wall clock.  This couldn't be happening to her.  It was all a mistake.  She must have made a mistake.  After all, she was human and humans were bound to make mistakes.  Another couple of minutes and everything would be clarified.  She was confident she would get the result she was looking for.  Everything was going so well.  Preet's business was flourishing.  They had settled into their new home.  And then...she missed her period.   The first time it happened, she didn't think much about it.  She was too busy getting ready for university, but this was the second time.  Why?  Why now?  She wasn't ready.  Okay..., she took a deep breath.  Calm down Meher.  You must have done it incorrectly the first time, and this time you were more careful, so the result will definitely be different.  She took a deep breath and walked into the master bathroom.  A used pregnancy test lay in the trash.  She picked up the second one she had performed a few minutes ago.  Her heart sank.  It was still positive. 

Legs shaking, Meher slowly sauntered out of the bathroom and made her way to the bed.  She sat down and took another deep breath.  They had been so careful...well...most of the time anyway.  She was pregnant.  She wasn't sure how she felt about it.  And what about Preet?  How would he react?  Meher suddenly felt the energy drain from her body.  She laid down on the bed, curled herself up into a ball, and shut her eyes tightly.  The mental exhaustion took over and she was soon fast asleep.

Later...

"Meher, I'm home," Preet called out as he walked into their home.  He placed his briefcase on the hall table, took his coat off and loosened up his tie.  "Meher?"  That's strange, he thought.  Meher usually always greeted him at the door.  He walked over to the kitchen and peaked inside.  She wasn't there either.  Maybe she had to go to the library or something.  He walked into the bedroom to change and found Meher asleep on the bed.  He put his coat and tie away in the closet then quietly went and sat next to her on the bed.  She looked so peaceful, he almost didn't want to wake her.  Reaching out, he gently touched her cheek.

"Preet...," she mumbled.  "When did you get home?"

"A couple of minutes ago," said Preet.  "Hey are you alright?"

"Yes.  I...uh...I had a bit of a headache, so I lay down.  I didn't realize I'd fall asleep for that long," sighed Meher.  "You...you must be hungry.  I'll get dinner started."

"It's okay," Preet gave her a soft smile.  "If you're not feeling well, we can always order something, or go out even."

"Sure," Meher said listlessly.  "Whatever you want to do is fine with me.  I'll go get you something to drink."  She slowly rose to her feet and walked out of the room leaving Preet to wonder what was wrong.

A short while later...

Preet sat across from Meher at the dining table, watching her push the food around on her plate rather than eat it.  Something was definitely bothering her.  "Hey Meher, you know that French company I was trying to win the contract from?  They called me this afternoon and gave me the green signal."

"That's nice," Meher said absentmindedly.

"Yeah, I've been working really hard for it," agreed Preet.  "Who knew all the French I picked up in Canada would be an asset to me in my own business one day."

"Hmm," Meher gave him a weak smile.

"Uh...I'm thinking of moving into bigger office space," said Preet.  "The realtor says he has a couple of good ones in mind. The only problem is they're on Mars, so my commute will be longer."

"I'm sure you'll think of something," said Meher.  She pushed her chair back and stood up.  "If you're done, I'll take your plate."

"That's it."  Preet put a hand on her wrist as she reached out for his plate.  "You're not going to do a single thing until you tell me what's wrong."

"Wrong?  Nothing's wrong," said Meher

"Yes there is," insisted Preet.  "I've been talking non-stop for so long, but you haven't even been paying attention to anything I've said."

"Yes I have," said Meher.

"Oh really? said Preet.  "Even the part about moving my office to Mars?"

"Mars?  When did you say that?" Meher asked in surprise.

"Is it university?" asked Preet.  "I know it can be hard going back to school after a gap, but you've only got one year to finish.  And just think of the sense of accomplishment you'll feel when you hold that degree in your hand."

"If I don't drop out first," Meher muttered under her breath.

"What?  Drop out?  Why?" Preet asked worriedly.

"I already told you it's nothing," Meher said, as she chewed on her lower lip nervously.

"It's not nothing Meher," insisted Preet.  "I've been watching you.  You've been quiet all throughout dinner, doing not much more than push the food around on your plate.  I mean, you're usually chatting up a storm about your classes or about how my day went."

"Well, maybe I don't feel very chatty today," Meher shrugged her shoulders.  She tried to leave but Preet stopped her again.  He rose to his feet and looked her in the eyes.

"Meher, I always thought that we were more than just husband and wife...that we were also best friends," he reminded her. 

"We are," said Meher.

"Then why won't you tell me what's wrong?" sighed Preet.  "Whatever it is, I'm sure we can work it out together."

"You think so?" Meher asked hopefully.

"I know so," Preet gave her a soft smile as she looked up at him. 

"Preet...," she whispered.  "Preet...I...I'm so sorry Preet.  I know we had a rough start and...and we're just starting to get our footing...and we're not ready.  I don't know how it happened.  Oh God, I just know you're going to hate me!"  The tears she had been holding back welled up in her eyes.  She threw herself against his chest and started sobbing.  Preet held her in his embrace and tried to comfort her, but she continued to cry. 

"Hate you?  Meher how could you even think such a thing?"  He tried to comfort her, but she continued to sob uncontrollably.  "Okay Meher, you're freaking me out now," Preet said worriedly.  He made her look at him then wiped the tears from her face.  He then held up a glass of water and made her take a sip, before leading her to the living room to sit down.  "Now, take a deep breath and start from the beginning."

"I missed...I missed my...," began Meher.

"You missed your class?" Preet interrupted her.  "So what?  People miss classes all the time.  Just ask a classmate for notes."

"No Preet...I missed my...," tried Meher.

"You missed your assignment?" Preet interrupted her again.  "Relax...just tell your professor you had a good excuse and ask for an extension period."

"For God's sake Preet, I missed my period!" cried Meher.

"You missed your...," gulped Preet.

"I thought it was just from the stress of everything that's been going on...," continued Meher.

"But...?" Preet asked anxiously.

"I was feeling a bit off...so...I took one of those pregnancy tests you can buy at the pharmacy," explained Meher.

"And?" Preet was chewing on his fingernails.

"It came out positive," said Meher.

"Are...are you sure?" asked Preet.

"Twice," nodded Meher.  "I'm afraid we're going to have a baby."

"We're going to have a baby..."  Preet repeated her words as if in a daze.  "We're going to have a baby..."

"I know a baby wasn't in our immediate plans...but...," Meher looked at him apologetically.

"We're going to have a baby," said Preet.

"Yes," sighed Meher.

"Main...Main baap bane wala hoon (I'm...I'm going to be a father)?" Preet stood up and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Yes," sighed Meher.  She wasn't sure whether he was scared, confused or happy.  The ever changing expressions on his face were showing all of these emotions. "Are you mad?"

"Mad?  Why would I be mad?" asked Preet.  He broke out into a laugh, then sat down next to her and gave her a hug.  "I'm going to be dad!  We're going to have a baby!"

"So...you're not upset?" Meher slowly began to smile.

"Upset?  I'm ecstatic!  We're going to have the pitter-patter of little feet running around here!" grinned Preet.  "I mean, don't get me wrong.  I love you and all...but you can be a bit boring at times."

"Preet!" Meher punched his arm playfully.

"Do you know if it's going to be a girl or a boy?" asked Preet.

"I think it's a little too early to tell," chuckled Meher.

"We...we should tell someone..."  He started pacing back and forth, then pulled out his phone.  "PB...and Heer Bhabi.  They'll be so excited.  Your dad of course.  Oh and let's not forget about Gaurav and Sam..."

"Preet...abhi nahi (not yet)...please...," said Meher.

"Meher...khushi bantne se badti hai (happiness increases when you share it with someone)," he patted her cheeks then dialed a number on his phone.  "Hey PB, what's up?  Is that so?  Well...wait until you hear what I have to tell you.  Meher and I...we're going from 2 to 3.  I mean, we're going to have a baby!  I mean, Meher's going to have the baby, but I had a hand in it too."  Preet laughed out loud.

Meher smiled and watched in amazement as he continued to talk to his brother and then Heer.   His excitement was definitely contagious.  She was suddenly starting to feel a lot better about everything.

Later that night...

Meher turned in her sleep.  Her arm reached out towards Preet, but landed on an empty space instead.  "Preet?" she mumbled.  She turned on the lamp on her bedside table, sat up, rubbed the sleep from her eyes, then looked over to the other side of the bed.  It was empty.  "Preet?"  She slipped out of bed and slowly walked out of the bedroom.  She found Preet sitting in a chair by the window.  He was busy scribbling something down in a diary, pausing every now and then to glance outside, collect his thoughts, and then return to his writing.

"Preet?" Meher called out.

"Hey Cinderella, what are you doing up?" he asked.  He put his pen and diary down and rushed to her side.  "Are you okay?  You're not going to throw up or anything are you?"

"No, I'm fine...I...I didn't find you in bed...so I came out here," she explained.  "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah...yeah...everything is just great," said Preet.  "I...uh...I just couldn't sleep.  Too much excitement I guess...you know with the baby news and all.  Everyone was so happy for us."

"Hmm," Meher nodded.  She pointed to the diary he had been writing in. "What's that?"

"This...," grinned Preet.  "This is for you."  He picked up the book and handed it to her.

"For me?" Meher said in surprise.

"I was going to give it to you later," said Preet.  "...but it's okay if you see it now too."

Meher opened the diary, turned to the pages with writing and began to read out loud.  "Daily Routine Table...Oh ho, kya baat hai...

Waqt pe khana khana hai (eat on time)

Khoob pani peena hai (drink plenty of fluids)

Kam se kam 8 ghante sona hai (get at least 8 hours of sleep)

Aachi achi kitabein padni hain (read good books)

Aur meditation ka music bhi sunna hai (and listen to meditation music).  Very good.

Aur ziyada se ziyada araam karna hai (get plenty of rest).  Kitna araam karoongi main (How much do you expect me to rest)?"

"Keep reading," said Preet.

"Hari sabziyan khani hai (Eat green leafy vegetables)," continued Meher.  "Dieting?  Nariyal khana hai takay bachoon ke baal ghane hoon aur achi skin ho (Eat coconut so that the child has a think head of hair and good skin)."

"That's very important," Preet pointed out.  "Because although I'm sure I got my good hair genes from my mother, there is always a chance a bit of my father's Eid ka chand snuck in."

Meher shook her head and laughed.  "Let's see, what else?  Soup peena hai (Drink soup)...and...Wow Preet!  You've made a routine for the entire 9 months.  Where did you get all this information from?"   

"Uh...doctor, internet and books," said Preet.  "And I've added a couple of things from my side too.  I want to make sure you're well taken care of.  I still have some things to add though."

"You've already written everything, what else can you possibly have to add?" asked Meher.

"Arey is diary mein toh ye bhi likhna hai ke jab hamara bacha bada ho jaye aur college tak jaye ga toh usse kya kya karna hai (I still have to add what our child needs to do from when he's little until he reaches college)...," explained Preet.  "Matlab poora (meaning, an entire) routine from January to December."

"Until he reaches college?" giggled Meher.  "Preet...tum na...deewane ho gaye ho (you're crazy)."

"Deewana toh main hoon hi tumhara (I'm crazy about you)," Preet gave her a kiss on the cheek.  "Acha suno (listen), I looked up a couple of good doctors in town.  I personally think Dr. Anita Gandhi is a good choice, but I've written down the names of 2 other doctors for you to consider.  We should make an appointment for prenatal care as soon as possible."

"It's amazing," Meher shook her head and smiled.  "I still can't get over how excited you are."

"Shouldn't I be?  It's our first baby," said Preet.

"I know," sighed Meher.  She sat down on the sofa and waited until he sat down next to her.  "I have to admit, I wasn't really all that happy when the pregnancy test first came back positive.  I mean...it was like a dream come true to be able to finish my degree.  My classes just started, and then boom!  A baby.  It just seemed so untimely.  Maybe I was being selfish, but I...I didn't want to drop out."

"Why would you drop out?"  Preet took her hand in his and gave it an affectionate squeeze.  "Meher, a lot of women go to school, work, travel, even run companies while they're pregnant.  You can too."

"Thanks Preet," smiled Meher.  She let her head rest on his shoulder.  "Knowing that you're with me means a lot.  I'm still scared though."

"Well...," said Preet.  "If we're being completely honest, I am scared too." 

Meher looked up into his eyes.   For the first time since she had told him about the baby, their was a flicker of uncertainty in them.

"I...uh...I never had a good relationship with my dad," stammered Preet.  "Growing up...I always felt unwanted...almost like an outsider.  What if I screw things up?  What if I don't turn out to be a good father either?"

"Oh Preet," Meher smiled at him softly.  "I can't ever imagine that happening."

"You're right, because I won't ever let that happen, Preet shook his head.  "I'll have a great relationship with my kid, because I'm always going to put him or her first.  We'll go to the park, play catch, and ride on the see-saw and swings, finger paint, and play with legos...well maybe wooden blocks to avoid a choking hazard...and of course the baby's first word is going to be Papa...so don't be jealous, eh.  And I'll teach her the names of all the different countries' capitals...and...be there for the first day of school and..."

"Preet...," Meher interrupted him.

"Huhn?" said Preet.

"I love you," she smiled before kissing him on the lips.

One week later...

Preet and Meher were waiting inside an OB/Gyn's office.  Meher looked over at Preet.  He was acting strangely.  Slouched in his chair, he was shielding his face with a magazine.

"Preet," hissed Meher.  "What is wrong with you?  Why don't you sit up straight?"

"That girl," whispered Preet, as he motioned to the young woman sitting across from them.

Meher looked up at her.  Surprisingly, her eyes were fixed on Preet.  "What's wrong with that girl?" asked Meher.  "And why is she staring at you?"

"Uh...I...uh...Heh-heh...I kind of...sort of...dated her," whispered Preet.

"You what?!" cried Meher.  She suddenly realized that she had cried out too loudly and lowered her voice.  "You what?"

"It was a long time ago," Preet said apologetically.

"She's very pretty," Meher eyed her competition.

"She was a complete nut job," sighed Preet.  "She wanted us to wear a vial around our necks with our blood in it.  In any case, I told you, it was a long time ago, so what difference does it make now?"

"If it doesn't make a difference, why are you hiding your face?"  Meher snatched the magazine from him.

As if the young lady had finally gotten a confirmation of his identity, she smiled, rose and walked right up to Preet.  "Preet?  Preet Juneja?  It's me Naina."

"H...H...Hi Naina," Preet gave her a weak smile.

"Long time no see," smiled Naina.  "How are you?"

"Married," Preet replied quickly.  He placed an arm around Meher and pulled her close.  "Very happily married."

"Hi, I'm Meher," smiled Meher.

"Hi, I'm Naina," Naina smiled back.  "Imagine running into you guys here of all places.  It's a small world isn't it?"

"Too small," muttered Preet.  "Um...your husband didn't accompany you?"

"We're divorced," explained Naina.  She pointed to her protruding belly.  "As soon as I deliver his heir and hand it over to him, I can move on with my life.  Of course I'm going to squeeze every penny I can get from him in return."

Meher frowned at her words.  She seemed to have no emotional attachment to the baby she was carrying.  She spoke about it, as if it was some commodity she was waiting to sell.

"You know...Preet and I used to...uh...never mind," chuckled Naina.  "You're a very lucky girl Meher."

"I know," replied Meher.

Just then a nurse walked up to Naina.  "Mrs. Khattar, the doctor will see you now."

"Thanks," said Naina.  "Well...it was nice meeting you Meher...see ya around Preet."

"Um...no...I'm married, remember," winced Preet.

"Whatever," Naina shrugged her shoulders and walked away.

"Mrs. Juneja, Dr. Gandhi will see you shortly," said the nurse.  "We need a urine sample from you first.  There is a lavatory down the hall, first door to your right.  You'll find a cup on the shelf by the sink.  Meher nodded.  "Your husband can join you once the doctor is ready for your checkup."

Preet watched Meher rise and walk down the hall.  He didn't have anything to do but wait, so he picked up a magazine.  Just then a woman slid into the seat next to him.  "Excuse me," she said.  Can you pass me one of those magazines?"

"Sure," nodded Preet.

A short while later...

Meher came out of the lavatory to find the nurse standing next to Preet with an ice pack over his head.  "Preet?  What happened?" she asked worriedly.

"Don't ask," whimpered Preet.

"He had a bit of a run in with another patient," chuckled the nurse.

"A run in with another patient?" asked Meher.  "It wasn't Naina was it?"

"No," sighed Preet.  "It was a complete stranger.  She asked me to pass her a magazine.  I...just asked her how far along she was...and she hit me over the head with her purse and stormed off."

"What?" Meher said in surprise.  "Why?"

"Because she wasn't pregnant," giggled the nurse.

"Oh Preet!" sighed Meher.

Chapter 70: Meet pregnancy and baby! 😲

Link to: Chapter 70

Link to Table of Contents: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136805557

Edited by Fatima_Q - 5 years ago
Rhea_401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Fatimaaa.. You know i was on the verge of tears this morning before i happen to see the message from you.. The update really uplifted my mood..so thank you for that...

Coming to the updateee... brooo it was so amazing.. i mean.. meher's disappointment when she finds out about her pregnancy to Preet's excitement..you penned it down beautiful.. it was like experiencing so many emotions in one go...

Brilliant... 👏
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Fatimaaa.. You know i was on the verge of tears this morning before i happen to see the message from you.. The update really uplifted my mood..so thank you for that...

Coming to the updateee... brooo it was so amazing.. i mean.. meher's disappointment when she finds out about her pregnancy to Preet's excitement..you penned it down beautiful.. it was like experiencing so many emotions in one go...

Brilliant... 👏

Aww Rhea...🤗

I hope all is well...and..I'm glad that the updated lightened your mood.

I really enjoyed writing this chapter.  I wanted to show Meet as uncertain about the sudden new turn of events...that too coming at a time when Meher especially wasn't ready.  I mean she just started university...completing her education is something she has been longing for, for a while now.

Preet with his bad experiences with his father has his own set of insecurities...but they'll pull through...that too...together.

They wouldn't be Meet if they didn't 😛 

Thanks so much for taking the time out to read and leave me feedback. 😃
Really means a lot. 🤗 
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 70 - She's Having a Baby

A few months later...

Preet walked into his bedroom whistling to himself.  He found Meher standing by the bookshelf, looking through one of her course books.  "There you are," he smiled.  "Look what I got."  He showed her the camcorder he was holding.

"A camcorder?  What's that for?" asked Meher.

"That's for us...and our baby," explained Preet.  "Aaj se hum hamari sari batein record karein ge.  Takay jab hamara bacha bada ho jaye woh dekh sake ke jab wo apni ma ke pait me tha toh uski ma kitni queet lagthi thi(Starting today, we're going to record everything we do, so that when our baby grows up, he can see how cute his mother was when he was inside her stomach)."

"Queet?" said Meher.

"Yes, queet," Preet smiled as he tweaked her cheek.

"Preet, I'm standing here in my PJs and slippers, books and papers spread out all over the place with pens and pencils sticking out of my hair," complained Meher.  "I don't think I want the baby or anyone for that matter to see me like this.  So thanks, but no thanks."  She tried to walk past him but he blocked her way.

"Come on Meher, it'll be fun," pleaded Preet.  He began recording her.

"Preet...," Meher rolled her eyes.

"Acha baba ye batao ke andar hamare bache ka kya hal hai (Just tell me this, how is our baby doing inside there)?"  He knelt before Meher and placed his ear against her stomach.

"Preet...what are you doing?" whined Meher.

"Andar woh cricket khel raha hai ya kabaddi (Is he playing cricket inside or kabaddi)?" asked Preet.  "Woh kuch bolta bhi hai ya nahin (Does he say anything or not)?"

"Preet, this is silly," sighed Meher.

"No, it's not," said Preet.

"Yes it is," argued Meher.  "You're obviously either very bored or have nothing better to do, but I'm not interested."

"Oh come on Cinderella, it's our first baby, just humor me for a minute, please," said Preet.

"Alright fine," sighed Meher.  "Batati hoon (I'll tell you).  Woh yeh bolta hai ke jab Papa ghar se bahir jate hain to woh Papa ko 'Bye' bolta hain...aur jab Papa ghar aate hain to woh Papa ko 'Hi' bolta hai...aur jab Papa ghar pe nahin hote toh woh Papa ko bauhat miss karta hai (He's saying that when his Papa leaves home he tells him Bye...and when Papa comes home he tells him Hi...and when his Papa isn't home, he misses him a lot.)"

"Really?" Preet chuckled as he continued to record her.

"Hmm...," nodded Meher, as she slowly inched towards the bed.  "Aur jab woh bada ho ke ye video dekhe ga toh apne Papa ko bauhat mare ga...ke uske Papa uske Mumma ko kitna tang karte thay (When he grows up to see this video...he'll beat up his Papa, because he used to bother his Mom so much)."  She picked up a pillow and stuck him over the head with it.

"Ow!" whined Preet.  "Tang kaha kar raha hoon (How am I bothering you)?"

"I'm sorry Preet," said Meher.  She pointed to their bed.  "But just look at all those papers and books scattered there.  I have an assignment due in 2 days and an exam coming up too.  I have no idea how I'm going to do everything I need to in time, if you continue to distract me."

A short while later...

Preet finished jotting down some notes in the file he was working on.  He closed it and collected all the other files spread out in front of him on the bed, then placed them back into his briefcase.  He leaned back on his pillows, stretched out his arms, then looked over at Meher.  She was sitting on her side of the bed, fully engrossed in the book she was reading.  Between her lips, lay a carefully balanced pencil, while 2 others stuck out from the messy bun her hair had been arranged in.  She would bite down nervously on pencil she held in her mouth, removing it every now and then to make some notes on the side of the page she was reading.  Preet smiled to himself.  His sweet little Cinderella was working so hard.  Too hard, in fact.  She was wound up so tight, he was sure she needed a break.  Heck, he could use a break too.  Something relaxing.  Romance...now that would definitely relax them.  It would surely put him in good mood. 

Just then Meher spoke up.  "Preet...why are you staring at me like that?"

"Who me?" Preet asked innocently.  He hadn't intended to stare at his wife like an overheated school boy, but the fact that the pregnancy had added an extra sexy dimension to her curves couldn't easily be overlooked either.

"Yes you," she glanced at him sideways.  "What's going on in that mind of yours?"

"Well...," smiled Preet.  "...since you asked."  He slowly scooted over next to Meher and put his arm around her, kissed her on her shoulder and nuzzled her neck.  She smelled so good.  And as always, her skin was so unbelievably soft.

"What are you doing?" sighed Meher.

"What do you think I'm doing?" grinned Preet, as he kissed her behind the ear.

"Preet please...not tonight," said Meher.

"Come on Meher," pleaded Preet.  "You were busy studying last night too.  And the night before, and the night before, and..."

"I'm sorry Preet," Meher interrupted him.  "I just have too much on my plate right now.  There's work to be done around the house, classes to attend, term papers to submit, exams to take and let's not forget this constant heartburn the baby is giving me.  Heer Bhabi says it means the baby is going to have a good head of hair when it's born, but for now it's just plain irritating."  She rubbed her chest and winced.

"Well maybe a little break will do you some good," suggested Preet.  "I know it'll do me a lot of good."  He pulled her close to him and tried to kiss her but she placed her hand over his mouth.

"Preet...," she said firmly.  "Not tonight."

Preet pulled away from her, crossed his arms and frowned. 

"Preet please...I really need you to cooperate with me right now."  Meher placed a hand on his arm.  "I'll...uh...I'll make it up to you another day.  I promise."  

A short while later...

"Yes!" cried Preet.  He had been playing a game on his phone.  "Hey Meher, I just beat my last high score."

"Hmm...nice," Meher said absentmindedly.

Preet glanced over at her just as she stifled a yawn.  "You're either very tired or extremely bored," he remarked.

"A little of both," she sighed.  "But what to do?  I have an exam coming up in just 3 days, and I feel like I'm so far behind in my review."

"Anything I can do to help?" offered Preet.  "How about some coffee?  I'll go make some for both of us."

"I can't Preet," Meher shook her head.  "I already had a cup this morning, and too much caffeine isn't good for the baby."

"Oh...right," said Preet.  "Well then how about if I quiz you instead?"  He took the book Meher was studying from her hands.

"Really?" She chuckled.  "And just how much do you know about developmental psychology?"

"Nothing," admitted Preet, as he scanned through the unit she had been studying.  "But I can ask random questions based on the stuff you've highlighted in here."

"Okay," smiled Meher.

Preet flipped a few pages, before pausing to ask a question.  "What is the correct order for the stages in Page...Page...?"

"Paiget's theory," Meher helped him out.

"Right," smiled Preet.  "...Paiget's theory of cognitive development."

"Sensorimotor, preoperational, concrete operational," answered Meher.  "...and...uh...formal operational."

"Correct," nodded Preet.  "Baby Suzy...hey...this question involves a baby."

Meher smiled.

"Baby suzy is enjoying looking at a pretty red ball," Preet continued to read.  "When her mom covers the ball with a blanket, she cries thinking that the ball has disappeared.  She doesn't realize that all she needs to do is uncover the ball to see it again.  Wow...babies are pretty dumb, huhn?"

"Preet please," Meher rolled her eyes.

"Okay okay," chuckled Preet.  "So...where was I?  Oh yeah...which aspect of cognitive development is Baby Suzy still working on?"

"Object permeance," said Meher.  Just then she winced and placed a hand on her tummy.

"Hey are you alright?" asked Preet.

"Yeah, it's just that the...the baby...," stammered Meher.

"What about the baby?" Preet asked worriedly.

"I think I just felt it move," Meher looked up at him with wide eyes.

"What?  No way," Preet said excitedly.

"Yeah...I mean, I know it's normal to be able feel the baby move around the 5th month," said Meher.  "It's just that, it's the first time and it sort of caught me off guard.  Here, do you want to feel it too?"  She reached for his strong warm hand and placed it on her belly. 

They both grew quiet and waited, but there was no movement.  Preet looked at Meher with an uncertain expression.  "I don't feel..."

"Shhh...," whispered Meher.  "Be patient."  She was enjoying the moment with him.  Just then the baby kicked.

"Hey, I felt that!  I really felt that!" cried Preet.  A look of wonder broke out on his face.  "That was just amazing.  Hey it kicked again...and again!  Woah, that's one active baby we've got inside there."  He leaned in closer to his wife's stomach.  "Hey kiddo, it's your Papa here.  Don't be too rough on your mom now.  She's already under a lot of stress."  He looked up at Meher and smiled.  "We've got a real soccer player in there."

"Or a ballerina," added Meher.

"Or an Olympic gymnast," remarked Preet.  "Thanks Meher."  He smiled at her again.

"For what?" she asked.

"For sharing that special moment with me," grinned Preet.  "You're carrying our baby and doing all the hard work.  I mean, my part in this whole baby making process was just plain fun...but you..."  Meher smiled as he placed his hand on her stomach again, marveling at and sharing the feeling of the life growing inside her.  It wasn't long before the baby finally quieted down, but Preet didn't move his hands away.  Instead, he slid them around Meher's waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Preet," giggled Meher as she picked up her book again.  "I thought you were going to go get some coffee for yourself."

Preet nuzzled her cheek.  "Mmm...it's not coffee I want," he whispered softly.  Being mindful of the baby, he moved closer to her gently.

Meher could read his intentions clearly in his eyes.  Oh God!  What about her exam?  She needed a distraction.  "Preet...," she whispered, as his lips brushed against hers.  But oh how she loved it when he did that.  Kissing her while not fully completing the kiss.  So much for distracting him!  Focus Meher focus!  Meher cleared her throat trying her best to shake off his takeover of her senses.  "Uh...Preet...I...uh...I have an exam to study for, remember?"

It was no use.  He wasn't listening.  Instead he turned her mouth to meet his and kissed her, long and slow, while his hands gently caressed her back and shoulders.  Meher closed her eyes and moaned with delight as he moved the hair from her shoulder and brushed his lips along the curve of her neck.  Her heart felt like it would beat right out of her chest.  "I think Mrs. Juneja," Preet paused briefly to whisper into her ear.  "You've done enough studying for tonight."

Meher let the book she was holding slip from her hands as he kissed her again.  Her arms found their way around his neck, her fingers twisting in his hair.  He nuzzled her neck again, and she could feel the urgency humming through his body, pulling her into a fog of passion, until she surrendered herself to him completely without any reservation.

A few months later...

Meher was in her room getting ready for her graduation ceremony, when Sam burst into the room.

"Meher!" cried Sam, as she hugged her friend.

"Sam!" Meher hugged her back.  "I'm so glad you and Gaurav bhaiya could be here."

"Your graduation, I wouldn't miss it for the world," grinned Sam.  "Just let me get a good look at you.  You look..."

"Fat?" sighed Meher.

"Beautiful...you silly girl!" laughed Sam.  "It's so wonderful to see you in that cap and gown.  I'm so proud of you."

"I can't believe I made it, especially with the pregnancy," smiled Meher.  "My due date is just around the corner.  I was praying I could graduate before the baby came."

"And here you are," said Sam.

"Yes, here I am," nodded Meher.  "Ooo."  She placed her stomach and winced.

"Are you okay?" asked Sam.

"I don't know," sighed Meher.  "I've been feeling slightly on edge all morning.  You don't think the baby..."

"If the baby was coming, you'd know it, trust me," said Sam.  "I'm sure it's just nerves."

"I hope so," said Meher.

"Come on Meher, stop worrying," insisted Sam.  "You're not going to go into labor during your graduation ceremony.  Now let's not jinx things by talking too much about it."

Just then Preet peaked inside the room.  "Meher if you're ready, we should get going."

Sam hugged Meher and kissed her on the cheek.  "All the best sweetie.  Gaurav and I will meet up with you guys at the graduation venue."

Meher nodded as her friend left the room.  Preet walked up to her and linked his arm through hers.  "Your dad called, and so did PB.  They're all going to meet us at the ceremony."  He looked at her proudly and smiled.  "So Cinderella...you ready to graduate?"

Later that day...

Mr. and Mrs. Maan, Sam, Gaurav, Prem and Heer had all gathered over at Preet and Meher's place after the graduation.  Mrs. Maan was standing in one corner of the living room giving cooking advice to a bored looking Sam, while the menfolk sat talking together in the living room.  Meher was sitting at the dining table talking to Veera on the phone.  Heer slid into the chair opposite her just as she ended her conversation.

"That was Veera," explained Meher.  "She wanted me to remind you to send her all the pics and videos you took."

"Ah right," Heer quickly pulled out her phone.  "I'll do that right away.  I'll send a copy to Kulraj Didi too.  She'd like that."  She hit her phone screen a couple of times, then turned to look back at the men huddled together in serious conversation.  "What are they talking about?"

"Business, what else," chuckled Meher.

"Typical," Heer rolled her eyes.  "Don't they ever get tired of that boring stuff?  Well, thank God the kids fell asleep.  I finally get a chance to sit down with you and catch up on things."

"They must be exhausted from the trip over," said Meher.

"Well, Prateek was," agreed Heer.  "But Chahat was too excited to see her Chachu and Chachee."

"We've missed everyone too," said Meher.

"Isn't this exciting?" grinned Heer.  "You graduated.  I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks Didi," smiled Meher.  "It almost seems like a dream."

"What next?" asked Heer.

"Well, I would like to teach.  The university is helping with job placement," explained Meher.  "Although with the baby coming I may have work as a substitute teacher before taking up something full time."

"I still can't believe my little Preetu is going to become a father," Heer glanced over at Preet and smiled.

"He's been super excited ever since he felt the baby kick," smiled Meher.  "He was even more anxious than I to decorate and buy little baby outfits.  He even got me yarn and knitting needles so I could make a baby blanket and booties."

"Did you?" asked Heer.

"No," chuckled Meher.  "Who has the time?  I mean between housework and university, my schedule was pretty tight.  If it wasn't for Preet's encouragement, I don't know if I would have made it through."

"And here you are," grinned Heer.

"Yes.  I still can't believe you and Prem Bhaiya came all the way over here just to see me graduate," said Meher. 

"Well of course we were going to be here," Heer smiled.  "You and Preet may be living on your own, but you are still a very important part of our lives.  We're family.  And family should always be a part of each others happiness."  She placed her hand over Meher's and gave it an affectionate squeeze.

"Thanks Heer Didi," smiled Meher.  "I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me.  So...uh...speaking of family...how is everyone else back home?  Preet doesn't complain much, but I know he misses his family terribly."

"Kulraj Didi and the kids, Herman, Maya...everyone is fine," said Heer.  She paused briefly before continuing.  "And, if you're wondering about Bauji in particular...well...Bauji is...still Bauji."

"Does he know you and Prem Bhaiya are here?" Meher asked cautiously. 

"Yes," said Heer.  "Prem and I have been very open with him about our feeling for you guys.  We want you back home, with us, where you belong.  He may have cut off all ties, but we won't...ever...and there is nothing he can do about it.  You know Prem actually got into an argument with him."

"He did?" Meher asked in surprise.

"Yes," nodded Heer.  "He was on the phone with Preet once just after the news of the Rampals arrest came out.  Bauji walked into the room and said something putting Preet down.  Poor Preet heard him over the phone and was so hurt."

"I think I remember this," said Meher.

"Prem confronted Bauji as soon as he got off the phone," explained Heer.  "Trust me, it wasn't pretty.  They weren't on speaking terms for days after that.  Prem was even thinking of shifting over to the London offices, but I was in the last stages of my pregnancy and the doctor advised me against air travel.  Of course, after Prateek's birth, Bauji couldn't keep himself away.  Grandchildren seem to be his weakness.  So...thankfully, things are back to normal between them."

"Hmm...thankfully...," Meher muttered to herself.

Heer saw her frown and smiled.  "Don't worry Meher.  Bauji may take his own sweet time to come around, but he will...eventually."

"I hope so," sighed Meher.  She rubbed one side of her back and winced.

"What happened?" asked Heer.

"I've been having a slight back ache all morning and it's just sort of slowly intensifying," sighed Meher.  "I'm going to get a drink of water.  You want something?"

"No, I'm fine," smiled Heer.  "Hey, did you decide where you want to go out for dinner?"

"I'm okay with whatever everyone else decides," said Meher.  She slowly rose and headed towards the kitchen.  She had just gotten a glass out of the kitchen cabinet when she felt a slight twinge in her lower belly, and then what seemed like a stream of liquid ran down her leg.  She looked down at the floor in disbelief.  Water.  There was a small pool of water around her feet.

"Hey Meher, we were thinking of ordering Chinese," Preet walked into the kitchen.  "What do you think?"

"Preet...," hissed Meher.  "I...I think the baby is coming."

"What?  Now?  Are you sure?" asked Preet.

"I don't know," cried Meher.  "I've never done this before, but I think my water just broke."

"Your water?" said Preet.

"Either that or I just wet myself," replied Meher.

"Hey guys, what's the hold up?  I'm starving." Sam walked into the kitchen.  "Meher, I'm telling you, if your step-mom gives me one more piece of cooking advice...I'm going to..."

"Sam!  Meher's water just broke!" Preet grabbed Sam by the shoulders and shook her.  "The baby is coming!  The baby is coming!  We have to get to the hospital right now!  Saying this, he ran out of the kitchen and into the living room.  "The baby is coming!" he announced to everyone sitting there.

"What?!" cried Kuljeet.  "But we were just going to order dinner."

"I have to get to the hospital," cried Preet.  He ran to the master bedroom, got his wallet, then ran back to the closet by the front door.  In it was a small overnight bag.  He grabbed it and ran out the door.

"Preet wait!  You forgot your wife!" Kuljeet cried as he slammed the door behind him.  She saw Sam bringing Meher from the kitchen and shook her head.  "He left without you.  Now don't you go having the baby in the flat!"

Just then the front door flew open.  "Heh-heh," said Preet.  "I forgot Meher."

Within minutes, the entire household had come into action.  Prem grabbed the overnight bag, and he and Gaurav raced down the stairs to bring the car out front.  Heer had to stay behind with her kids, but gave Meher a hug for good luck.  Meher's parents, Sam and Preet then led Meher to the elevator.

"Ooo...," whined Meher as the first of her contractions hit her.

"Don't have the baby in the elevator now!" cried Kuljeet.

On the way down, Preet called Dr. Gandhi and told her about Meher's water breaking.  The doctor asked if the fluid had been clear.  It had.  Once out of the building, he wrapped his arm around Meher and helped her into the car. 

"Don't have the baby in the car now!" Kuljeet instructed her.

"Mrs. Maan, will you stop it already!  If the baby is coming, it's not like she can do anything to stop it!" cried Sam.

"Well I was just...," tried Kuljeet.

"Come on Kuljeet, Prem is waiting for us in the other car," said Balraj as he led her away.

Gaurav handed Preet the car keys.  "Good luck buddy, he said.  "We'll meet you at the hospital."

"Thanks man," said Preet.  He then ran over to the driver's side and slipped into the seat next to Meher.  He looked scared.  "Everything's about to change.  You ready?" he gulped.

Meher gave him a nervous smile.  "As ready as I'll ever be."

A short while later...

Sam paced nervously in the waiting area of the delivery ward.  While Mr. and Mrs. Maan sat on the chairs on one side.  Gaurav and Prem walked in with coffee for everyone.

"Thank you son," smiled Balraj, as Prem handed him a cup.

"Any news?" Gaurav asked anxiously.

"No," said Sam.  "Prem Bhaiya, you've been through this twice.  How long does it normally take to push a baby out?"

"It varies," replied Prem.  "Prateek came out right away, but with Chahat, Heer was in labor for 36 hours."

"36 hours!" Kuljeet and Sam cried in unison.

"Well, let's just hope Meher doesn't take that long," sighed Kuljeet.  "We were about to order dinner you know."

"Let's hope Meher delivers a healthy baby, no mater how long it takes," countered Sam.

"I still can't believe my baby is having a baby of her own," said Balraj.

"Maybe I should be in there with Meher," suggested Kuljeet.  "You know...to offer encouragement."

"No!" everyone cried in unison.

"Uh...I think Preet being at her side is best," said Prem.  "If Meher needs anyone else, I'm sure they'll let us know."  He turned away and said a little prayer for Meher and his little brother.  "I hope Preet is okay."  He muttered to himself.

Meanwhile...in the delivery room...

A nurse wiped the perspiration from Meher's forehead, then quickly walked back over to the doctor's side to assist. 

"Ugh!!!" cried Meher.  She clutched Preet's hand as the pain from a contraction rocked her body.

"Ah!  Meher that hurts," cried Preet.  "At this rate, I swear you're going to break my hand."

"Okay Preet, this isn't about you.  You're here to help your wife get through this," Dr. Gandhi reminded him.

"But my hand," whined Preet.

"Just keep holding her hand and remind her to breathe.  In and out.  In and out," said the nurse, as she demonstrated the breathing technique.  "And we'll have that baby out in no time."

"Right.  Uh...breathe Meher...just like she said...out and in...I mean in and out.  I mean...relax, you're doing just fine," stammered Preet.

"Relax?!" cried Meher.  "Do you have any idea how much this hurts?!  Uuuggghhh!!"  She gave his hand another deathly squeeze.

Preet couldn't quite understand how his wife had suddenly acquired super human strength.  "Mmph!  Take it out, damn it!"  He bit down on his lip and hit the side of the bed with his fist.  "Just take it out already.  Quick before she breaks my hand!"

"It will be just a little while longer," said the doctor.  "The baby's head is beginning to crown.  Now Meher, on the next contraction, I want you to push.  Breathe and push."

"Uuuggghhh!!" Cried Meher, as she tried to push the baby out with all her strength.  "I can't...I can't do this," she panted.

"Yes you can Cinderella," Preet encouraged her.  "Come on, we're almost there."

"We?!" Meher glared at him.  She grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him closer to her.  "I never want to do this again.  You understand me?!  Don't you ever touch me again!"

"Never touch you?" winced Preet.

Meher only let out another scream as she pushed again then puffed more air into her lungs.

Preet's eyes grew wide as he caught a glimpse of the hypodermic needle the doctor had just brought out. Pointing at the needle, he stumbled forward and fell off the stool he was sitting on. 

"Mr. Juneja!  Are you alright?" cried the nurse as he pulled himself up on wobbly legs. 

"Oh my God!" He panted.  "D-d-did you see the size of that needle?  What on earth is that for?"

"It's for the episiotomy," explained Dr. Gandhi.  "I'm going to give her a local anesthetic, then make a small cut to her perineum.  It's her first baby, so we want to make sure she has enough room for the baby to pass without any problems."

"Is that really necessary?" asked Preet.

Before the doctor could reply.  Meher let out a loud cry.  A large contraction was forcing her to push.  The doctor dropped the syringe and turned to her just as the baby popped out half way.  "Well, I guess we won't be needing that anymore," she chuckled, as she eased the rest of the baby out.  She and the nurse immediately took the baby to one side to check it's vital signs, clean, measure and weigh it.  The sound of a tiny baby crying filled the room.

Preet hugged an absolutely exhausted Meher, as the nurse walked towards them with a smile on her face.  "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Juneja.  You have a perfectly healthy baby girl."  She placed the tiny pink bundle in her hands. 

"Oh my God," whispered Meher.  "Is she really ours?"    

"She's...she's so tiny...and so beautiful," stammered Preet.  He gently reached out and touched the baby's miniature fingers curving towards her small palm.  "Hey little babe...welcome to the world...and our family."

"Have you guys thought of a name?" smiled Dr. Gandhi.

Preet and Meher smiled at each other before speaking up in unison.  "Gungun."

A short while later...

Preet burst into the waiting room.  He had a huge grin on his face as he ran straight for his brother and hugged him. 

"Preet, is everything...," began Prem.

"PB, main Pa ban gaya (I've become a father)!" laughed Preet.  "Main Pa ban gaya!"

Everyone else came forward and congratulated him.  They were all anxious to see Meher and the brand new bundle of joy they had been blessed with.

Later...

"Congratulations Heer Bhabi!  You've become a Ta-ee," laughed Preet.  He was on the phone with his sister-in-law.  "It's a girl.  She beautiful, just like her mother."

"Eeekkk!!" Heer cried in delight.  "And Meher, how is she?"

"Meher is just fine," said Preet.  "Acha Bhabi, I have to get back to her...I mean them...I mean Meher and the baby.  Gungun.  We've named her Gungun.  Here...I'll let you speak to PB."

Prem patted his brother on the back as he handed the phone to him, then rushed back to the recovery room Meher had been transferred to.

"Isn't it wonderful Heer?" grinned Prem.  "You should see Preet.  He's just beaming with pride."

"I know, I can hear it in his voice," agreed Heer.

"Listen, get the kids ready, I'm on my way to pick you guys up and then you can see the latest addition to the Juneja clan for yourself," said Prem.

"Wonderful," smiled Heer.  "Chahat is going to be so excited to meet her new baby sister."

"I still can't believe our Preet's become a dad," chuckled Prem. 

"Yeah," agreed Heer.  "Wait until the rest of the family finds out."

"Hmm," agreed Prem.  "The rest of the family..."

"Prem...are you thinking what I'm thinking?" asked Heer.

"That it's high time our family was complete again?" said Prem.

"Exactly," said Heer.

Chapter 71: Meet moments with their baby!

Link to: Chapter 71

Link to Table of Contents: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136805557

Chit15 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow beautiful update
Awww Preet and Meher moments during pregnancy period was so sweet
I loved all members heer Prem Sam gaurav mehers dad were present for mehers important day
Gungun is born 🥳
Rhea_401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
what an update Fatima...will leave my detailed feedback in a bit... stepping out for a while
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chit15

Wow beautiful update

Awww Preet and Meher moments during pregnancy period was so sweet
I loved all members heer Prem Sam gaurav mehers dad were present for mehers important day
Gungun is born 🥳

Yes...Gungun is born. 

And of course...the update has to have some special Meet moments too right 

Meher had only one year of University to finish.  She had been looking forward to completing her graduation for so long.  She had almost lost all hope of ever doing so until Preet gifted her the admission as an anniversary gift.  It was nice for all the people who are close to her to come for the special occasion...and they got to be there for Gungun's arrival too...nice bonus 😆

Thanks for reading and your feedback Chitra. 🤗
Fatima_Q thumbnail

what an update Fatima...will leave my detailed feedback in a bit... stepping out for a while

Looking forward to it Rhea 😛