Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhea_401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Fatimaaa...Thank you for the update...Lots of love dear...
What an update!...I almost fell from my bed reading the bedroom romance scene - Kuljeet's dialogues scaring the hell out of Preet...haha...

Loved the Meet romance on the hayloft...Made my heartbeat go like mmm...

That Loser Gurinder watching them is sure a bad omen...Will create trouble in Meet's paradise for sure...😑😑

And you killed me with your upcoming update precap- An injured Preet...😭😭...But hopefully Meher would be nursing him...and there will be some more Meet romance...😳

Jaldi jaldi update karooo...(Update asappp! πŸ˜› )
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rhea_401

Fatimaaa...Thank you for the update...Lots of love dear...

What an update!...I almost fell from my bed reading the bedroom romance scene - Kuljeet's dialogues scaring the hell out of Preet...haha...

Loved the Meet romance on the hayloft...Made my heartbeat go like mmm...

That Loser Gurinder watching them is sure a bad omen...Will create trouble in Meet's paradise for sure...😑😑

And you killed me with your upcoming update precap- An injured Preet...😭😭...But hopefully Meher would be nursing him...and there will be some more Meet romance...😳

Jaldi jaldi update karooo...(Update asappp! πŸ˜› )

Thanks so much for the feedback Rhea πŸ€—

Reader feedback has fallen off completely so yours is very much appreciated.

The next update will bring a new twist in Meet's life...but a much needed one at that.
Rhea_401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Fatima_Q

Reader feedback has fallen off completely so yours is very much appreciated.

Yes it's really disappointing for the writers...There is no motivation to write...:(
AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Maria u changed user ID sigh
Oh well liked old one sweetchick 😭

-

*waving* to Fatima and Rhea I c here.
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 64 - An Accident

"Did you see that Guru?" asked Inder, as he and Gurinder walked on the dirt road leading away from the Maan farm.  "Did you see how that guy was holding Bhabi Ji in his arms?  Aur toh aur...phir un doono ke beech mein chumma chaatee bhi shuroo ho gaya (On top of that, they were kissing)!"

"Will you shut up about that already!" cried Gurinder.   "He was forcing himself on her.  Didn't you see how she pushed him away and he still grabbed hold of her and kissed her?  After all these years, Meher came back to Ambala...for me.  It's nothing short of fate I tell you."  He hit his fist against his palm.  "And if that city boy thinks he can waltz in here and steal Meher away from me, he's got another thing coming?  In fact, I have a good mind to go back there and punch his lights out!" 

"Do you really think that's a good idea Guru?" asked Inder.  He had already witnessed his friend lose a fight to Preet once, and he was not interested in being on the receiving end of another potential beating.  "Uh...I mean, he did warn us to stay away from Bhabi Ji."

Gurinder grabbed Inder by his shirt and shook him.  "You think I'm afraid of him?!"

"No no," Inder shook his head.  "Not at all."

Gurinder let his friend go.  His mind was racing after seeing Meher with Preet.  "Maybe we should go back, make some noise and get Mr. Maan and the neighbors riled up.  Unko jab pata chale ga ke unke khetoon mein Dirty Picture chal rahi hai (Once they learn that the Dirty Picture is running in their fields), I'm sure they would join me in pulverizing the punk."

"But wouldn't that tarnish Bhabi Ji's reputation too?  And...how are we going to explain us trespassing on the Maan property in the first place?" asked Inder.  "We can't very well tell Mr. Maan, that you fancy his daughter and have been watching her night and day like a peeping Tom.  What if she accuses you of harassing her on her way to town?  Maar maar ke sab ganja kar de ge humay (They'll beat us until we're bald)."

"Hmm...maybe you're right," grumbled Gurinder.  "But I'm still going to teach that punk a lesson."

A few days later...

Meher smiled as she watched Preet.  He was so busy making notes in his little black diary that he hadn't realized she had come into the barn.  "Ahem," she cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Oh hey Meher," Preet looked up and smiled at her.  "When did you get here?"

"A couple of minutes ago," she replied.  "What are you working on?  More plans?"

"Actually, I was taking an account of all the work I've done in Ambala," explained Preet.  "The month is almost up and there are still some jobs I haven't been paid for.  It's not a very large amount, but every little bit counts.  I'll have to go and collect on them."  He put the book away in his backpack and picked up a bag of tools.  "But right now, I have to get to my new job."

"You found another job?" asked Meher.  "That was fast."

"Actually, it was sheer luck," said Preet.  "Mr. Kapoor wants a new roof put on his barn."

"A new roof?  But Preet...what do you know about roofing?" asked Meher.

"Not much," admitted Preet.  "But I did build a pretty neat tree house for Veera once."

"That's not the same thing," Meher pointed out.

"I know, but I work for a lot less," said Preet.  "Anyway, how difficult can it be?  I just have to take off the old shingles, patch up any holes, then put up a new tarp and shingles and I'm done.  If I get stuck, I have google and Youtube."  He pulled out his phone from his pant pocket.

"Your phone?  It's working?" Meher asked in surprise.

"Yeah.  When we came home from the fair that night, I took it apart and put the pieces in some dry rice," explained Preet.  "It's a hack I once read about.  It took a while, but it actually worked.  After everything dried out, my phone came back to life."

"That was lucky," smiled Meher.

"So is this job," said Preet.  "I only have a few days left to fulfill Mrs. Maan's condition.  The earnings from this job should be just enough to put us over the top."  He took her hand in his and smiled.  "Your step-mom will have her money and we can finally be together."   

"I'm so proud of you Preet," said Meher.  "You did it.  You really did it."

Preet checked the time on his watch.  "I have to go."  He reluctantly let go of her hand.  "Hey listen, if you're not too busy today, maybe you can come by the Kapoor's farm and we can hang out together while I work."

"I'd like that," nodded Meher.  "I'll come by as soon as I can get away."

Later that day...

Meher hummed to herself as she walked up to the Kapoor farm holding a small basket in her hand.  It hadn't been easy to get away without a thorough interrogation from Kuljeet, but thankfully her father had intervened, and here she was.  She had prepared a small picnic lunch for Preet and herself.  Nothing fancy, just some sandwiches and lemonade, but it would be nice to sit down and share it with him. 

As she approached the barn, she looked out for Preet.  His bag of tools was lying by the barn door, but he was nowhere to be seen.  "Preet?"  she called out.  "Are you here?"

"I'm in here," he replied.  Meher walked into the barn and found him standing on a rickety old chair.  "Hey, you made it."  He smiled at her.

"How's it going?" asked Meher, as she put her basket down.

"Mr. Kapoor had me doing some other stuff around the farm, so I just started checking out the roof," explained Preet.  "This poor thing seems to have been neglected for years.  There are several bad patches in it.  But it doesn't seem like too complicated a job."

"Anything I can do to help?" asked Meher.

"You came...that's enough for me," smiled Preet.  "Let me go check the roof from the top."

"Okay," nodded Meher.  "I'll wait outside for you.  I brought us a picnic lunch for later."

"Sounds good," said Preet.

Meher found herself a place to sit outside as Preet put a ladder against the barn, grabbed his tool bag and climbed onto the roof.  Just then she noticed the tarp.  It lay neatly folded by the barn door.  Preet must have forgotten to take it up with him, she thought.  She picked it up and carefully climbed up the ladder.  She found him squatting on the roof examining the loose shingles.  His half-buttoned shirt was giving her a clear glimpse of his chest.  Why did her eyes have to go directly there?  And what a time for that piece of his anatomy to come to life?  A soft gust of wind blew his tousled hair into his eyes, and she suddenly remembered how much she loved watching him work.  He looked so focused...and...uh...hot!  Damn!  Her hormones were going bezerk! 

Preet rubbed his hand against his mouth.  "You know this isn't the place for that?"

"For what?" Meher asked innocently.  He had caught her off guard.

"You have to ask?" he grinned.  "You were checking me out just now."

Meher's mouth fell open.  Heat spread across her face.  "I was not!"

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, and maybe you'll actually believe it," chuckled Preet.  "It's okay, you know.  You're entitled."  He turned his attention back to the roof tiles.  "Hmm, these are pretty brittle, and there's another weak patch here."  He turned around to see Meher climb up onto the roof.  She took a step towards him and her foot slipped a little.  "Woah Meher, take it easy!" he took quick steps towards her, grabbed her hand and steadied her.

"You...uh...you forgot the tarp," stammered Meher.  She held the material out for him.

"Thanks," said Preet as he took it from her.  He passed his hand through his hair then looked back down at the roof.  "I still have to check around for other weak spots, but please...I need you to go back down before you hurt yourself."

"Okay," said Meher.  "You be careful too."

Preet gave her a smile, then turned and began to take slow careful steps back to the spot he had been examining.  Meher had just made it back to the ladder when he suddenly vanished from in front of her eyes.  "Preet!!" she screamed as she heard the sound of a loud crash.  "Preet!!"  She literally flew down the ladder and raced into the barn.  She found him sitting in a daze on the barn floor.  "Oh my God, are you alright?!" she asked as she ran to him.  She passed her hands frantically over his ripped shirt checking for cuts and bruises on his arms and chest. 

He took a deep breath, and tried to sit up.  A groan slipped out before he could stop it.  "I'm...I'm okay," he said.  "I just got the wind knocked out of me for a minute."

"Don't move Preet, you could have broken something," Meher said worriedly.

"Just my pride," sighed Preet.  He ruffled his hair with his hand sending a shower of dust and dirt into the air.  The dust made him cough and he winced in pain.  "Ow!"

"What happened?" asked Meher as she watched him rub his hand over the right side of his chest. 

"I think I may have bruised a couple of ribs," sighed Preet.

"Bruised or broken?" Meher said worriedly.  She pulled out her phone.  "We have to get you to a doctor right away."

"Meher, you're over reacting," said Preet.  "It wasn't that big of a fall."

She looked at the hole in the roof and then looked back at him in disbelief.  "It's not just the fall, but the landing I'm concerned about Preet.  You do realize that the shattered pile of wood you're sitting on used to be a chair."

"I'm fine really," insisted Preet.  He tried to get up and winced in pain.  "Okay...then again...I may need some help getting up."

Meher put his arm around her shoulder and was about to help him get up when she heard someone snicker and clap their hands loudly.  Both she and Preet looked up in surprise to see Gurinder and Inder walk into the barn.

"Ha!" laughed Inder.  "You got him good this time Guru."

"I sure did," chuckled Gurinder.  He glared down at Preet.  "Kyun bay hero...tu meri tange todna chahta tha (you wanted to break my legs, right hero)?  Look who wound up on his ass instead."

"Why you!" Preet said through gritted teeth.

"You?  You were responsible for this?" Meher slowly rose to her feet.  She was angry now.

"He sure was," laughed Inder.  "We came out here bright and early and loosened up some boards.  This hero never knew what hit him."

"And he better stay away from my girl if he knows what's good for him," added Gurinder.

"Your girl?" Meher walked up to him with clenched fists.  She was super angry now.

"That's right," Gurinder nodded.  "I saw you two together last night.  Saw the way his hands were wandering all over you.  Had to teach him a lesson.  Had to make sure it never happened again.  Meher ji...you and I..."

"There was never a you and I, you delusional idiot!" Meher smacked him hard across his face.  "He's my husband!"

Gurinder looked back at her in shock, more from the revelation her words had just provided him than from her slap.  "He's your...he's your husband?"

Meher walked back to where Preet sat holding his side with his arm.  "Come on Preet," she said.  "We have to get you to a doctor."

Later...

Meher sat in an examination room of the local medical clinic waiting for the doctor to come by and check on Preet.  Arms folded across her chest, she wore a frown on her face, while her eyes were fixed on him like a hawk.

"Come on Meher, relax," said Preet.  "I've never seen you like this before."

"Yeah well, I've never seen you fall through the roof before either," replied Meher.  "And on top of everything you let idiot Gurinder go."

"Oh...you're still mad about that," sighed Preet.

"Of course I'm mad Preet!" said Meher.  "I'm mad as hell!  We should have pressed charges against him...but no...you had to go all soft on the guy."

"What else was I supposed to do?" chuckled Preet.  "You were right, he didn't know we were married.  He apologized like a zillion times, and he even brought us here.  Besides, that was one hell of a slap you gave him.  You probably shattered a couple of teeth along with his ego."

"Hmph!  Usko jail mein dalwa ke police ke dande bhi khilane chahiye thay (We should have had him thrown in jail and let him taste the end of the constable's stick)," frowned Meher.  "What if you had been seriously injured...or killed even?!"

"Come on Meher, I told you I'm alright," sighed Preet.

"If you don't mind I'd like to hear that from the doctor's mouth," said Meher.

As if on cue, a tall thin man with spectacles and a receding hairline walked in.  "Hello everyone," he greeted them then proceeded to the small sink in one corner of the room.  "I'm Dr. Khan.  Sorry for keeping you waiting.  The Chopra's cow went into labor this morning," he explained as he washed his hands.  "I'm happy to report the mother and calf are both doing just fine."

"Uh...Dr. Khan...are you a physician or a veterinarian?" Preet asked warily.

"This is the country Mr...," Dr. Khan check his chart.  "...Juneja.  This is the country Mr. Juneja.  Country folks tend to wear many hats if you will."  He checked the chart again and grinned.  "So...it says here you took a short-cut on your way down from the roof."

"That pretty much sums it up doc," chuckled Preet.  He winced as the movement made his side hurt.

"Hurts to laugh, does it?  That's not good," Dr. Khan shook his head.  He turned to Meher.  "And from the worried look on your face, you must be his wife."  She nodded.  Just between you and me...my dear...if he's laughing...he'll probably live.  Still, I have to check to make sure nothing is broken."

Preet patiently followed the doctor's orders as he examined him.  All the pressing and probing was uncomfortable, but he put up with it all patiently so as not to worry Meher unnecessarily.

"Good news," smiled Dr. Khan.  "Nothing is broken.  You sir are a remarkably lucky young man."

"See Meher," said Preet.  "I told you I was alright."

"Now hold on a second," said Dr. Khan.  "Nothing is broken, however, you do have a minor sprain to your wrist and a couple of bruised ribs.  I'm going to put a splint on that wrist.  You'll have to wear it for a couple of weeks.  In the mean time avoid using that hand as much as possible.  Keep it elevated and use ice for the swelling.  Ice will help those bruised ribs too."

"Aren't you going to bandage his ribs?" asked Meher.

"No," Dr. Khan shook his head.  "Binding his ribs will restrict his breathing.  He needs to be able to breathe as normally as possible to keep his lungs expanded.  Otherwise you're looking at a pneumonia risk."  He scribbled something on a little note pad then tore the paper and handed it to Meher.  "This is a list of some pain killers that will help.  Read the instructions carefully at the time of administration.  Some of them do cause drowsiness, so no driving or operating heavy machinery during use.  And let me know right away if his condition worsens for any reason."  Meher nodded in understanding.  Dr. Khan turned to Preet and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.  "Take it easy young man.  In about 3-4 weeks, you'll be back to your good old self."

Later...

With his arm around her shoulder for support, Meher led Preet into the kitchen and helped him ease into a dining chair.  He groaned as pain rose from his bruised ribs.  "Sorry," whispered Meher.  She placed a glass of water and a bottle of medicine before him.  Then turned to the cabinets to take out a bowl.  "We have to get this medicine inside you as soon as possible Preet.  It will relieve you of the pain for some time, but you'll have to eat first.  How about noodles?  I can whip up those really fast."

"Sure, anything," Preet gave her a weak smile.

Meher quickly started a pot of noodles on the stove.  She added some chopped vegetables, left over chicken, and a touch of soy sauce.  Moments later, she set a hot bowl of food in front of Preet to eat, then walked over to the fridge and took out an ice tray to make an ice pack for him. 

Preet picked up his fork, but the sprain in his right wrist made it too painful for him to roll the noodles onto it. 

"Here, let me help," Meher offered, as she sat down in the chair next to him.  She rolled the noodles onto the fork, blew on them to cool them down, then held the biteful up to his mouth.

"Mmm, this is real good," said Preet.  "Aren't you going to have some?"

"No, I'm fine," Meher shook her head.  "Let me take a look at that wrist."  She fed him another bite, then carefully removed the splint from his wrist and placed the ice pack on it.

"Ah!"  He flinched and a small cry of pain escaped from his throat. 

"Sorry Preet," winced Meher.  "But Dr. Khan said this would help with the swelling."  She helped him finish his food then gave him his medication.  He took it without making a fuss.

"Come on Meher, ab toh smile kar do (at least smile now)," sighed Preet, as she carefully fastened the splint back onto his wrist.

Meher took out some more ice, wrapped it in a small towel and handed it to him.  "I'll smile when you're all better."

"But, you heard the doctor," said Preet.  "Nothing is broken.  I'll be fine in just a couple of days."

"Weeks," Meher corrected him.  "He said weeks."

"Okay...in a couple of weeks," said Preet.  "Don't tell me you're going to walk around with a long face until then."

"I can't help it Preet," sighed Meher.  "When I saw you fall...I...I nearly died.  If anything had happened to you..."

"Hey, nothing happened," he reminded her.  "And nothing ever will."  He put his hand over his mouth as a yawn came over him.  "Whoa, I'm suddenly feeling very tired."

"It must be the medicine kicking in," said Meher.

"Oh...right...so...what was I saying?" he asked.

"You said nothing would happen to you," said Meher.

"Right," Preet yawned again.  He took her hand in his, pulled her in close, then looked up at her and smiled.  "You can't get rid of me that easily Cinderella."

"Who said I want to get rid of you?" smiled Meher.  She put her arms around his neck and placed her forehead against his.

"Oh my Rabs!" cried Kuljeet, as she and Balraj walked into the kitchen startling Preet and Meher.  "What is this?!  What is happening here?"  She glared angrily at Meher and then Preet.  "Did you see how we caught her red handed in his arms Balraj?!"

"Kuljeet Ma, Preet got hurt...and...I was just...," Meher tried to explain.

"I don't care what you were doing young lady," Kuljeet cut her off.  She glanced at Preet with narrowing eyes.  "I can't say much about him, because he's a Juneja, but you Meher...shame on you!  I expected so much better from you.  Instead, I turn my back for 2 seconds and you brought him into the house!  Today you're in his arms...God knows what tomorrow will bring.  It's shameless I tell you!  Shameless!"

"Kuljeet please...," sighed Balraj.

Preet rolled his eyes.  "Mrs. Maan, Meher has nothing to be ashamed of.  We...we weren't doing anything.  And even if we were...may I remind you that we happen to be married."

"And may I remind you Junior Juneja, that we had a deal," Kuljeet looked at him with narrowing eyes.  "Show me the money, and take the girl.  If not, take a hike and get lost from our lives for good."

"Kuljeet!" cried Balraj. 

"Don't Kuljeet me Balraj!" she cried.  "We had a deal didn't we?  If it weren't for you, I would have asked for 10 times the amount I did."  She turned to Preet and addressed him.  "You couldn't do it could you?"

"What?" Preet said as he stifled a yawn.

"You know the end of the month is upon you and you just don't have the money right?" said Kuljeet.

Preet slowly stood up.  "Don't worry Mrs. Maan, you'll get your money."  He shook his head and blinked hard trying to shake the grogginess from his head.  He blinked again and tried to open his eyes wide, then slowly made his way out of the kitchen. 

"Preet!  Preet, where are you going?" Meher asked worriedly, as she ran after him.

"Back to the Kapoor farm," said Preet.  "I've got to finish that roof."

"You're not serious are you?" asked Meher.  "You're hurt!  And you can barely keep your eyes open."

Just then Kuljeet and Balraj came out of the kitchen.  Preet looked at them then looked back at Meher.  "I'm fine," he grumbled.

"Preet beta, you don't have to go anywhere," said Balraj.

"Balraj...," tried Kuljeet.

"No Kuljeet!  This is my house, and I'll decide who gets to stay and who doesn't," Balraj said firmly.  "Meher...you were saying something about him getting hurt..."

"Hmph!  It's all excuses I tell you," Kuljeet shot back.  "He just doesn't want to hold up his end of our agreement.  But then again, I should have expected as much.  An apple doesn't fall from the tree I tell you.  He's just like his father."

"Hai Rabba enough Kuljeet Ma enough!" cried Meher.  "I don't care about you belittling me, I've been used to it since I was a child.  But, I will not stand here quietly and watch you insult Preet, or accuse him of lying, or blame him for the wrong doings of his father!  He's nothing like him!"  She turned to Preet and put a hand on his arm.  "You're not going anywhere Preet.  At least not without me."

"What?!" cried Kuljeet.  "What are you talking about girl?"

"I'm putting an end to all this nonsense," Meher said determinedly.  "Preet, give her the money you've earned so far." 

He nodded and handed Kuljeet a small roll of money.  She immediately snatched it from him and began to count it greedily.  "He's short by 1100," she declared.

"Oh for God's sake Kuljeet stop it already!" cried Balraj.

"What?  I'm just stating the facts," frowned Kuljeet.

"Facts?" scoffed Meher.  "Of course...you of all people would be concerned about the facts.   But the fact is while you were busy counting those notes, you completely ignored the hours he spent trying to win me back.  The blisters on his hands.  The sweat and hard work he put in daily in an environment that was completely foreign to him.  A man who's never been without air conditioning or running water was sleeping in the barn with the animals for God's sake!  He put up with everything even when he didn't have to...only because he loves me.  To me that's worth a lot more than that money in your hands...it's priceless.  But, I don't expect you to understand.  How can you?  You've never really loved anyone but yourself."

Kuljeet's mouth fell open in surprise.  She had never heard Meher speak to her like that before.

"Wait here," Meher instructed Preet.  She ran upstairs, threw a few of her belongings into a small bag, then walked over to her dresser.  She rummaged trough the drawers, until she found a small box.  She opened it and pulled out some money from it, then briefly smiled at its remaining contents before snapping it shut and placing it into the bag with the rest of her belongings.  She then quickly hurried downstairs.  Walking right up to Kuljeet, she placed some money in her hand.  "That's 1100.  You can count it if you want."  She then turned towards Preet and said.  "Chalo Preet.  We're leaving here, right now."

"You can't give him the money!" protested Kuljeet.

"Why not?" asked Meher.  "You said the money had to be earned in Ambala, you didn't say how.  Preet could beg, borrow, or steal for all you care, as long as you get your money, right?"

"But...I...," stammered Kuljeet.

"Let's get one thing straight Kuljeet," Meher said firmly.  "I am not a commodity that you can buy or sell.  The only reason Preet put up with your tantrums is because I was upset with him.  And the only reason I'm giving you this money right now, is because unfortunately my father is married to you.  The last thing I need is for you to bury him to death with your taunts about Preet and I not fulfilling your conditions."  She picked up her bag and motioned for Preet to follow her.

"Well!  I never...," cried Kuljeet.

"And you won't again either," retorted Meher.  Kuljeet gasped as she turned back and looked her in the eyes.  "I'm leaving Ambala, not the planet.  If I find out that you've hurt my father in any way shape or form, I'll be back.  And trust me, it won't be pretty."  She then walked up to her father and bent down to touch his feet.  "I'm sorry Papa-ji.  I didn't want things to come to this.  And I certainly didn't want to leave you under unpleasant circumstances."

Balraj placed his hand on her head, then gave her a warm hug.  "Don't you worry about a thing my girl.  I'm with you 100%."  He glared angrily at his wife, then turned to Preet.  "Son...I'm...I'm sorry for everything."

"Aray nahin Sir," said Preet.  "You've always been a great support.  But Meher is right.  It's time for us to move on."

"Take care of my little girl," Balraj sighed, as he placed a hand on Preet's shoulder.

"You know I will," Preet gave him a reassuring smile.

A short while later...

Preet sat on his cot stifling a yawn as he watched Meher mutter angrily to herself while she stuffed his belongings into his bag.  "Ahem...," he cleared his throat.  "Meher tum apni step-mom se naraz ho, lekin ghussa meri cheezon pe kyun nikal rahi ho (I know you're upset with your step-mom, but why are you taking your anger out on my things)?"

"I'm sorry Preet," sighed Meher.

"It's okay," he shrugged his shoulders.  "I've kicked that bag around plenty of times when I'm upset too."

"No Preet, I meant I'm sorry for the way Kuljeet Ma and I treated you when you first came to Ambala," said Meher.  "Sorry for making you submit to her stupid conditions.  For ever being upset with you in the first place."

"It's okay Meher," grinned Preet.  "I learned a lot from this entire experience."

"I hope you didn't mind my announcing us leaving all of a sudden," said Meher.  "I...I just couldn't take it any more."

"No, not at all," said Preet.  "In fact, I'm proud of the way you stood up to your step mother."

"It was long over due," said Meher.  She closed the zipper of his bag then looked up and smiled at him.  "There...we're all packed."

"Right," nodded Preet.  "Uh...Meher...just exactly where are we going?"

"Ludhiana," said Meher.  "Isn't that what you had planned?"

"Yes, but how are we going to get there?" asked Preet.

"Matlab (meaning)?" asked Meher.

"Matlab ye ke, we just gave all of our earnings to Mrs. Maan," Preet reminded her.

"Oh...that's right."  Meher grew silent in thought.  "Um...you said you had some cash of your own."

"What do you think I've been spending on our dates all this time?" said Preet.  He too grew silent in thought.

Meher rummaged through her bag and pulled out another rupee note triumphantly.

Preet took it from her and looked at it.  "200 rupees?  That'll buy us a ticket to exactly nowhere," he sighed.

"Preet, I don't care if I have to walk all the way to Ludhiana, I'm not going back inside my father's house," Meher said determinedly.  "I won't give Kuljeet the satisfaction."

"Don't worry, you won't have to," said Preet.  "I still have to collect my wages from a couple of places, remember?"

"Right," said Meher.  "What are we waiting for?  Come on let's go."  She picked up their bags. 

"Hey, I can carry those," said Preet, as he tried to take them from her.

"No Preet, I'll carry them," insisted Meher, as she pulled them towards her.

"Meher, I'm fine.  They're not very big, I can manage them," Preet tugged on the bags.  In the back and forth one of the bags hit him right in his chest.  "Ow!" He let go of his grip on the bags and took hold of his rib cage instead.  "Damn these bruised ribs!"

"Oh my God Preet!  I'm so sorry," Meher dropped the bags and went to his side to support him.  "I didn't mean to hurt you.  Maybe you should sit down."

"I think I need to lie down," winced Preet.

"Right...of course," said Meher.  "Let me help."

"No!" Preet held out his hand.  "I...I can manage Meher...just don't touch me for like 5 minutes."

"Sure Preet...take as long as you need."  Meher wrung her hands nervously as he took some deep breaths.  "No rush.  It's not like we have a train to catch or anything.  We're...uh...free to do as we please now.  Go when we want, where we want."  She walked over to one of the horses and began to pet it.  "I wonder when the last bus for Ludhiana leaves?  They must have one that leaves late at night.  We can always get that one.  You know Preet, I almost thought Kuljeet would soften up to you after seeing how hard you worked.  And I...I actually thought she would let us keep your earnings as a parting gift.  But...she remained the wicked witch until the end.  No matter.  You said you still have to collect some of your work fees.  I'm sure it's enough for the bus fare.  As long as we're together, we'll manage things.  Right Preet?  Preet?"  She turned around and found him toppled over in the cot fast asleep.  Poor thing.  The medication must have really done a number on him, she thought.  She walked over to where he lay and gently nudged him.  "Preet?"  It was no use.  He was fast asleep.  She removed his shoes, then carefully placed his legs onto the cot.  No matter how much she would have like to leave right this moment, she'd have to wait until he regained consciousness.

Chapter 65 Preview: Meet leave Ambala

Link to: Chapter 65

Link to Table of Contents: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136805557

Edited by Fatima_Q - 5 years ago
sherma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Finally meet together. Poor preet.😭😭
Way to go meher to give back to kuljeet.hpe preet gets better soon. Thanks for pm  do continue soon😊
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: sherma

Finally meet together. Poor preet.😭😭

Way to go meher to give back to kuljeet.hpe preet gets better soon. Thanks for pm  do continue soon😊

Yes...poor Preet.  He's in a lot of pain right now. 

But the good news is...Meet are finally going to be getting out of Ambala, and we'll see them growing into the next phase of their lives.  
AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Oho Fatima happy Wednesday πŸ˜† 😳 πŸ˜›
Wishing Meet all the best for their upcoming life outside of ambala
Chit15 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow Meher gave best reply to Kuljeet. She fought for Preet like a tigress loved her new avtaar.
Loved scenes of Meet
Great update