Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Fatima yaar..where is the update..??...cannot cannot wait anymore
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rhea_401

Fatima yaar..where is the update..??...cannot cannot wait anymore

Just got back home to Chicago yesterday Rhea...and I have company coming over, but I'll try to put up another update before the weekend is over. πŸ˜›
Rhea_401 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fatima_Q

Just got back home to Chicago yesterday Rhea...and I have company coming over, but I'll try to put up another update before the weekend is over. πŸ˜›

As long as we get the updates:):)...Dying here...
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 62 - A Childhood Bully

One week later...

Meher checked the time on her watch then looked out her window.  Sure enough Preet was out there wrapping up the morning farm chores he had been assigned.  He had surprised everyone by how quickly he had gotten used to the routine.  Her father was already a fan, but had become even more so seeing how dedicated and diligently he worked.  She watched Preet close the gate to the chicken coop.  He'd leave to go into town for work soon, but first, she would give him his breakfast.  He'd try to liven up the morning by telling her a joke or two, maybe even slip her a flower when Kuljeet was not looking.  Then at night, he'd come up with some clever excuse to take her out for a 'date', even if it was just for a few minutes of conversation in the barn.  As far as he was concerned, if they could spend some time together alone, it was a date and worth any harsh words Kuljeet would have waiting for him when he walked her back home.  

Meher shook her head and smiled to herself.   Preet bhi na.  No matter how hard she had tried to shake him, his pursuit of her hadn't wavered in the slightest.  She had tried to hold onto to her anger, but all he had to do was kiss her and she lost track of that too.  It hadn't taken long for her to melt, but they still had some issues to resolve.  Her step-mother and her conditions...his father...Ugh!  She didn't even want to think about him.  She would much rather just focus on the here and now and think about Preet.  Lost in thought, she continued to watch him work, until he came to the pump to wash up.  As he dried his face with a towel, he looked up and saw her watching at him.  He smiled and winked at her making her heart do flip-flops.

Suddenly she gasped.  She had been so busy watching him that she had completely forgotten to prepare his breakfast tray.  Meher raced downstairs to the kitchen.  Kuljeet was there having her tea.

"A little late today aren't you?" she remarked. 

Meher nodded. 

"Good," said Kuljeet.  "You should show him every now and then that you don't really care. That you're not here to wait on him hand and foot."

Meher ignored her step-mother's words and quickly put water on the stove for a fresh pot of tea, then took out eggs, bread, butter and milk from the fridge.  She chopped an onion and some green chilies and whipped up an omelette.  Then added it to a tray of toast, jam, butter, juice and fresh fruit to complete the Continental style breakfast.  She picked up the tray carefully and headed out the back door in the kitchen, only to find Preet walking past the farmhouse.

"Preet!" she called out.  "Where are you going without breakfast?"

"Sorry Meher, I don't have time to eat today," he said.  "They're expecting a shipment at the lumber yard today.  The boss asked me to come in a little early.

"Yes, but...how will you manage without eating anything?" asked Meher.

"I'll manage," Preet waved his hand at her. 

"But I made all this just for...," Meher mumbled under her breath, but it was loud enough for him to hear. 

Preet stopped, turned around, walked up to her and smiled.  "So...you made all this just for me?"

"Just for...just for...just for nothing," frowned Meher.

"Aray yaar, tum bhi na Meher (Come on Meher)," chuckled Preet.  "You get upset on the smallest of things.  He looked over the tray then placed a piece of the omlette inside 2 slices of toast, and took a bite from it.  He also picked up an apple and stuffed it in his pocket for later.  "There...happy now Cinderella?  Acha ab chalta hoon (Okay gotta go now)...or else I'll be late."   

Later that day...

Gurinder sat lazily leaning against a tree.  It was a hot afternoon and the tree was providing him and his stooge Inder just the right amount of shade.  If only there was a cool breeze to go along with it.  He yawned and stretched his arms out before leaning back again.  Yup!  It was definitely a lazy kind of day.  Too lazy to even bother swatting the flies.  He hadn't gone into work for a week and he was definitely not going to go today either.  Not until his boss would agree to his demand for a raise.  So what if he had kept one of the company vehicles for his personal use?  His boss couldn't find a better worker than him even if he tried looking on the moon.  He'd let his boss sweat a little longer.  Just one more day off and then he'd go check on him.  "Hey pankha tez chala na (move the (hand-held) fan faster)! he complained to his friend.  Just then a figure in the distance caught his eye.  He sat up and saw a pretty young woman walking towards them.  He didn't remember seeing her before.  "Hey Inder," he motioned towards her.  "Who's that?"

Inder looked over his shoulder.  "That?  That looks like the Maan girl, doesn't it?"

"The Maan girl?" asked Gurinder. 

"Balraj Maan's girl, Guru," replied Inder.

"Balraj...Maan...you mean Meher Maan?" Gurinder's eyes grew wide in surprise.  "Her family left for Ludhiana long time back, no?"

"Yes," replied Inder.  "But her old man apparently retired, so they've moved back here."

"How come no one told me this before?" Gurinder wondered out loud.  He looked at his friend with narrowing eyes.  "And how do you know all this?"

"I saw her the other day at the fair," explained Inder.  "She was with some of her friends and I overheard them talking."

"You don't say."  A smile crept up to Gurinder's face.  "You know, I had a real thing for her back when we were in school.  I used to pull her hair.  Snatch her book bag and dump its contents on the floor.  Steal her lunch.  All kinds of fun stuff.  Those were the good old days."

"They don't sound too good for her," muttered Inder.

"Arey yaar...girls like those sort of things," said Gurinder.

"They do?" said Inder.

"Yeah...they know it's a guy's way of signaling to them that he likes them," explained Gurinder.  "Come on."  He stood up and straightened out his clothes with the palm of his hands.

"Where?" asked Inder.

"To reacquaint myself with an old flame," smiled Gurinder.  "Today may not turn out to be so boring after all."

Inder rolled his eyes.  It was almost lunchtime and he was in no mood to eat chappals (slippers).  "Don't bother Guru ji," he tried.  "Yeh aap se patne wali nahin hai (you won't be able to win her over)."

"Lagi 100 100 ki (you want to bet a 100 on it)?" Gurinder challenged him.

"Theek hai...haar lein (Okay...but you'll lose)," Inder shrugged his shoulders.

"Why do you say that?" scowled Gurinder.

"I heard she was involved with some NRI," said Inder.  "I think he was a doctor or something like that.  So...why would she care for some small town farm boy?"

"Hey!  Who are you calling a farm boy?" Gurinder grabbed Inder by the collar.  "I...I've been to the city plenty of times."

"Relax Guru.  I'm on your side," said Inder.  "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"You don't know anything," argued Gurinder.  "Meher and I have a connection.  A pencil box connection."

"A what?" Inder looked confused.

"Nevermind," Gurinder rolled his eyes.  He patiently waited for Meher to pass by then hopped onto the dirt road after her.

Meher walked towards town with a tiffin in her hand.  Preet had skimmed on breakfast, but she wasn't going to let him miss lunch.  He had been working so hard.  Seeing her bring lunch for him would be a nice surprise.  Just then, she heard someone behind her.  She turned to see two young men walking not too far behind.  Although they smiled at her, she did not recognize them.  She turned back and continued to walk on.  Within minutes, the men had caught up and were walking alongside her.

"Oh main kehya...soniyo...tussi kithe chale (Hey sweetheart, where are you off to)?" grinned Gurinder.  "Is that lunch, you've got in the tiffin?  Let me guess...sarson da saag, te maki di roti (Mustard greens, corn flat bread)?  We'll be more than willing to share?"

Meher ignored him and continued to walk.  She had almost reached town and the lumberyard was not too far away.  If these 2 jokers knew what was good for them, they'd leave her alone.

"Hey Guru, she's avoiding you like the plague," laughed Inder.  "Looks like I've got a 100 bucks coming my way."

Gurinder stopped walking and glared at his friend.  "Hey!" He scowled as he walked up to Meher and grabbed her hand.  "Sunayi nahin deta kya (Didn't you hear me)?  I was talking to you!"

"Haat chodo mera (leave my hand)!" frowned Meher.  "Warna ek chamat laga ke tumhara moon suja doon gi (Or I'll smack you so hard you'll be left with swollen face)!"

"Lagaye lagaye...kam se kam iss bahane haat toh lagao gi (Go ahead...at least it'll be an excuse for you to touch him)," teased Inder.

Meher looked at the tall scruffy looking young man and frowned.  "Tumhe sharam nahin aati, aise kisi ladki ka haat pakadte huay (Shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself, grabbing hold of a girl's hand like this)?"  She tried to break free from his grip but he was too strong for her. 

"Perhaps you didn't recognize me?" he said.  "Myself Gurinder.  You remember me from grade school, don't you?  I still have the pencil box you gave me in first grade."

"I don't care who you are," said Meher.  "Let go of my hand!"

"You know Inder, she used to have the cutest little pig tails.  I would pull on them sometimes and make her cry.  Then I would eat her lunch," Gurinder smiled at her as she continued to struggle to free her hand.  "But just look at you now..."  Meher winced and backed away as he tried to touch her hair.  "Tu itni badi ho gayi hai (you're all grown up), aur badi ho ke aur bhi ziyada soni ho gayi hai (and you've grown up to be very fine looking)."

"And you're still a bully," said Meher.  "Let me go!"

"No no, not a bully Meher Ji...friend," Gurinder shook his head and placed his free hand over his heart.  "I just want to be your friend.  Special friend.  Let's see what's in that tiffin."  He reached out for it, but Meher hid it behind her back.

"It's not for you!" she cried.  She kicked him in the shin as hard as she could. 

"Ow!  Damn it!" he yelled.  He let her go, and bent down to rub his shin.

"Stay away from me," warned Meher.  "Or next time I'll kick you somewhere else."

Gurinder stood up straight.  He threw his head back and let out a hearty laugh.  "Hai mai marjawan (Just kill me why don't you)!" he grinned. "Isko kehte hain asli punjaban! (Now that's what I call a real Punjabi girl).  Ab toh tu chahe kitne laatein mare, tera tiffin toh main aaj kha ke hi chodoon ga (Now no matter how much you hit me, I'll definitely eat whatever is in your lunchbox)."

Meher tried to side step him, but Inder blocked her.  "Move!" she said eyeing the shops in the distance.  They were too far to really call out to anyone for help, but she didn't have to let him realize that.  "Ek cheekh maroon gi toh 10 auntiya yahan jama ho jayein gi tujhe tiffin nahin chappal khilani ke liye (I'll scream once and 10 aunties will gather to beat you with their slippers)."  She turned and tried to pass again, but Gurinder stepped in front of her.

"Man, you're cute as hell when you're angry," remarked Gurinder.

A truck passed by.  Meher used the momentary distraction to try and push past him, but he took hold of her hand again.  "Chodo mujhe (Let me go)!" she squirmed in his grip.

"Tsk Tsk," sighed Gurinder.  "Itna gussa sehat ke liye acha nahin hota Meher ji (so much anger can be detrimental to your health)."  He looked down at her hand in his and smiled.  "Hai Rabba!  Yeh gori gori kalayi bilkul malayi jaisi naram hai (Oh God!  Her wrist is so fair, soft and tender, just like cream)."  

Suddenly someone placed a firm hand on Gurinder's wrist.  Meher looked up and relief washed over her face.  It was Preet.  "Let her go," he ordered.

"Ab tu kon hai bay (Who the hell are you)?" Gurinder was annoyed.

"Either you take your hand off her or I'll take it off your wrist," replied Preet.  He looked down at Gurinder's hand and frowned.  He was still holding onto Meher's wrist.  He tightened his own hold on the man's hand and jerked it hard, forcing him to let go of her. 

"Preet," she whispered as she quickly ran to his side.

"Tum theek ho (are you alright)?" he asked her.  She nodded quietly.

"Aye chikne (Hey pretty boy), why don't you mind your own business?" said Gurinder.  "This is between me and my girl.  Kabab mein haddi banne ki koshish mat kar (Don't try to be he 3rd wheel here)."

"Your girl?" Preet raised an eyebrow in surprise.  "I think you've let the heat go to your head man.  Chalo (Let's go) Meher."  He took her by the elbow and began to lead her away, when Gurinder suddenly pushed him from behind, sending him hurtling forward.  He winced as the rough ground scraped his hands.

"Preet!"  Meher ran to his side, but he shrugged her away and stood back up to face his opponent.

"Oh!  Toh is chikne ka naam Preet hai (so this pretty boy's name is Preet).  I told you na...mind your own business," Gurinder sneered.

"Anything to do with Meher is my business," Preet said through clenched teeth.

"Is that so?" said Gurinder.  "Well then I'll just have to teach you otherwise."  He lunged at Preet, but this time he was ready for him.  He jumped to the side letting him fall flat on his face.  In an instant Gurinder was on his feet again.  "Why you!" he growled.  He took a swing at Preet, but he easily blocked him with one hand and punched him squarely in the jaw with the other sending him falling backwards into Inder's arms.

"Tum mujhe sikhao ge (You'll teach me)?! Preet glared down at him.  "If I ever see you come near Meher again, I'll break both of your legs and hand them to you!  Got that?!"

"Preet!" Meher rushed to his side again.  "Preet come on...let's just go...please," she urged him.

With one eye still on Gurinder," Preet reluctantly agreed.  He took Meher's hand and led her back to the truck he had been driving.  "Get in," he said as he held the door open for her.

"Guru...Guru!" cried Inder as he watched the couple drive away.  "Are you alright?"

"Chal hatt (get lost)!" barked Gurinder.  "Where were you when I needed you?  Why didn't you help me?"

"Uh...Guru...you were telling everyone to mind their own business...so I thought...," said Inder.

"Oh shut up!  Coward," grumbled Gurinder.  "He insulted me in front of Meher.  I'll not leave him!"

"Guru...ladki ke saat saat...aap ka truck bhi le gaya (He took your truck along with your girl)," said Inder.

"What?" Gurinder's eyes grew wide.  "That's right, that truck he was driving, that's the one I usually drive.  Come on, we have to get to the lumber yard fast."

Meanwhile...

Preet sat on a small bench under a tree outside the lumberyard waiting for Meher to return.  She had gone to the office in search of a first aid kit.  His mood had soured since his interaction with Gurinder, but he forced himself to smile at her when she came out. 

"Here, let me see your hands," she said as she walked up to him.

"Meher I told you it's nothing," said Preet, but he didn't object as she carefully picked up his hand and examined it.

"Your knuckles are bleeding," sighed Meher.  She poured some antiseptic on a cotton ball and began to clean the blood from his hand.  She shook her head as he grimaced from the sting of the liquid.  "What were you thinking Preet?"

"Thinking?  What was I supposed to think?" frowned Preet.  "That jerk was hitting on my wife!  How else was I supposed to react?"

"He probably didn't know I was married," said Meher.

"So what?  That still doesn't give him the right to harass you," frowned Preet.  "No girl deserves that.  I would have stepped in even if it had been someone else.  The fact that he was harassing you just made it more personal."

"I just don't like fights," sighed Meher.  "Besides, there were two of them.  You could have gotten hurt."

"I don't like picking fights either," said Preet.  "But you saw what he did right?  He came at me from behind like a coward, so I let him have it.  Who was that joker anyway?"

"Uh...that...um...no one," Meher gave him a weak smile.

"He didn't seem like no one," Preet looked at her with a raised eyebrow.  "He seemed to think you belonged to him or something.

"Uff Preet!  I told you he was no one," Meher rolled her eyes.

"And does this no one have a name?" asked Preet.

"If you must know, that was Gurinder," explained Meher.  "We used to go to school together.  Remember Sam told you once about the kid that would bully me in school?"

"And steal your lunch?" added Preet.

"Yes, that was him," nodded Meher.  "We met on the road into town just now.  I didn't even recognize him."

"But he sure recognized you," frowned Preet.  "You should never have given him your pencil box.  The guy is still holding a torch for you."

"Over a pencil box?  Come on Preet," laughed Meher.  "We were in first grade."  She wrapped some gauze around his hand.  "Wait...don't tell me you're jealous."

"Of course I am!" cried Preet.  "You're my wife Meher.  Mine!  Why would I be okay with another guy hitting on you?  I didn't like it.  No one should be hitting on you besides me.

"Hai Rabba!" Meher shook her head.  "Mr. Angry Young Man, can we please change the topic?  Look what I have."  She held up the tiffin for him to see.  "I...uh...I thought maybe we could have lunch together."

"Lunch?" said Preet.

"Yeah, I figured you must be hungry since you didn't even have a proper breakfast," said Meher.

"So...you're inviting me to a lunch date?" grinned Preet. 

"Date?" muttered Meher.  "No...I just thought that since it's lunch time...and I happen to have this tiffin with me...we could just eat...together that is."

"Hmm...I'll have to think about it," said Preet.

"What?" Meher's mouth fell open in surprise.  "Why?"

Preet got up and shrugged his shoulder.  "Because I have another lunch invite too."

"Another invite?  Who?" demanded Meher.  She started walking after him.

"Someone...I really like," said Preet.

"Someone you like?" Meher repeated his words.

"Yeah...I'm amazed at how close we've become these past few days," remarked Preet.

"Close?  How close?  Uh...I mean...how come this is the first time I'm hearing about it?" frowned Meher.

"Because you never asked," said Preet.  "With you it's always...No, I don't have time to talk...No, I can't do this...I can't do that...Kuljeet is watching...Don't touch me.   When did you ever ask...Preet...how was your day?  How far are we from our goal of 10,000?  When are you going to take me away from all this?  I hate to say it, but in our relationship, I'm the one making all the effort.  It gets a bit tiresome after a while."

Tiresome?  Her mouth fell open again.  Was he getting bored of her?

Preet stopped walking and pointed at the tiffin she was holding.  "Let me guess...you made gobi (cauliflower), right?"

Meher's face turned red.  He was right.

"I told you once that it was my favorite vegetable and you automatically assume I want to eat it all the time," said Preet.  "See...tiresome."  He started walking towards the back of the manager's office again.

"But Preet!" said Meher.

"Sorry Meher...not today...," Preet waved her off as he disappeared behind the small building.

"Preet Juneja!" Meher ran after him.  "I swear if you're cheating on me with some cheap floozy...I'll chop you into little pieces and feed you to the..."  She stopped mid sentence.  Behind the office was a small yard where a table and some chairs were set up.  A little girl who appeared to be about 6 years old stood with her arms folded across her chest and tapping her right foot impatiently.

"You're late," she complained to Preet.

"Sorry Sneha," Preet held his ears.  "But I...uh...I have a good excuse."

"Let's hear it then," frowned Sneha.

"Well you see...there was a princess, and she needed some rescuing from some bad guys," said Preet.

"I hope you got them better than they got you," Sneha remarked motioning towards his bandaged hand.  She looked past him towards Meher.  "Is that her?"

"Uh...yes," smiled Preet.  "Let me introduce you guys.  Sneha this is Cinderella..."

Meher rolled her eyes.

"You're Cinderella?!" Sneha gasped.  She quickly ran to Meher and began to inspect her from head to toe.  "You're very pretty, but how come your hair isn't yellow?  And where are your glass slippers?"

Meher shook her head then held her hand out for the little girl to shake.  "Hi Sneha, I'm Meher.  Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," grinned Sneha.  "Have you come to join us for lunch?"  She pointed to the stuffed animals waiting for her at the table.

"Well I...," said Meher.

"Yes," Preet spoke up as he took the tiffin from Meher's hand.  "But none of your play food today...because this Cinderella brought the real stuff.  He opened the various containers and placed them on the table.  "Muttar paneer, gobi (cauliflower), haat ki roti...yum!"  He took a whiff of the delicious aroma rising from the food then rubbed his hands anxiously.  He broke a piece of the roti and was about to take some gobi when Meher picked the container right from under his nose.  "Hey!  What gives?" he complained.

"Oh I'm sorry," scoffed Meher.  "I thought you were bored of eating my gobi.  Here Sneha, you on the other hand can have all you want."

"Thanks," Sneha smiled as she took the container from her.

"Cute kid," Meher whispered to Preet. 

"Yeah," smiled Preet.  "She's Mr. Kundra's daughter.  He manages the lumberyard.  He's a widower, so when he can't find someone to watch her during the day, he brings her to work.  She reminds me a lot of Chahat."

"You miss her don't you?" asked Meher.  She tried to look him in the eyes, but he avoided her gaze and reached out for the container of gobi.

"What I don't want to miss is this gobi," said Preet.  "You know Sneha, this is my favorite vegetable."  He ate a morsel.  "And the way Meher makes it...Mmm...too good."

Just then there was a commotion at the front of the office.  Preet, Meher, and Sneha looked at each other in surprise, then went to see what was going on.  When they reached the front of the building, they found Gurinder and Inder arguing with Mr. Kundra the manager.

"How dare you?!" cried Gurinder.  "How dare you give my job to someone else?  I've given this company 10 years of service!"

"I've got a business to run Gurinder.  What else did you expect me to do when you refused to show up?" said Mr. Kundra.  "Preet is 10 times more hard working than you ever were, and he's honest."

"What are you trying to say?" Gurinder grabbed the man by the collar and shook him.  "Hum chor hain kya (Are we cheats)?"

"Papa!" cried Sneha.  She ran to her father's side and began to hit Gurinder with her small fists.

"Get lost you little pest!" yelled Gurinder.  He gave her a shove that sent her reeling to one side. 

Meher ran up to her and caught her before she fell.  "You oaf!" she yelled at him.  "She's just a little girl.  She could have gotten hurt!"

"Meher?" Gurinder.  Surprised by her presence, he loosened his grip on Mr. Kundra's collar, but felt his anger resurge when he saw Preet walk up to Sneha and check on her.

"Preet...my papa...," sobbed Sneha.

"Looks like you need to be taught another lesson," Preet glared at Gurinder.  With lips pursed in disgust and sleeves rolled up, he headed straight for him.  Inder tried to intervene, but Preet shoved him out of the way, and he landed on the ground with a thud.  It was Gurinder's turn next.  Preet grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him back so hard he lost his grip on Mr. Kundra and fell backwards where his friend lay.  He quickly scrambled to his feet and looked at Inder, who pulled out something shiny from his pocket and tossed it at him. 

Gurinder smirked at Preet as he slipped the brass knuckles on and flashed him his fist.  "You like playing hero a little too much.  But let's find out just how tough you are, tough guy."  He took a swipe at Preet's face, but he jumped back just in time.  He tried to strike him again, but Preet grabbed his arm, twisted it around and in seconds had it pinned behind his back.

"If you're not going to fight fairly, at least try to win," Preet taunted him in his ear.

"Ugh!" Gurinder struggled under his grip.  "Let me go!  Hey boss, tell him to let me go.  You owe me, remember!"

"Preet," sighed Mr. Kundra.  "Let him go please."

"What?" Preet said in surprise.

"Just let him go and come into my office," said Mr. Kundra.  "I'll explain everything."

Preet reluctantly let him go.  

"Tujhe toh main dekh loon ga (I'll get you another time)," Gurinder warned him.

"Oh yeah...you and what army?" Preet shot back.

"Hmph!" snorted Gurinder.  He straightened his clothes and left the premises with Inder following close behind him.

A short while later...

Preet came out to the yard where his lunch had been interrupted.  Meher and Sneha were waiting for him.  He seemed unusually quiet.

"What happened Preet?" Meher asked.  "Is everything okay?"

"Huhn?  Oh yes, everything is fine," said Preet.  He put a smile on his face, but she could tell it was forced.

"Preet, thanks for helping my Papa.  Our lunch got cold though," complained Sneha.  "It was all because of that bully."

"It's okay sweetie," Preet bent down and ruffled her hair lovingly.  "We'll have our lunch date another day."

"Promise?" asked Anjali.

"Pakka promise," smiled Preet. 

"And will you bring your Cinderella back too?" Sneha asked hopefully.  "I really like her."

"I like her too," smiled Preet.  "Um...Meher...if you don't have anything else to do in town...I'll walk back home with you."

Meher nodded.  She turned to Sneha, smiled then kissed the little girl on the cheek.  "It was so nice to meet you Sneha."

"I liked meeting you too."  Sneha kissed her back.  "Now it's your turn," she said to Preet.

"Okay," smiled Preet.  He leaned over and kissed Meher on the cheek.  She gasped in surprise.

"Not Meher silly, you're supposed to kiss me," giggled Sneha. 

"Oh right," chuckled Preet.  He kissed the little girl on the head.

They waved good-bye to her then started their walk home.

"That was a cheap shot," Meher jabbed him in the ribs with her elbow.

"Hey, at this point, I'll take what I can get," grinned Preet.

Chapter 63 Precap: More Meet Moments

Link to: Chapter 63

Link to Table of Contents: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136805557

Edited by Fatima_Q - 5 years ago
x.titli.x thumbnail
RES RES AND RES! πŸ˜‰
---
UNRES! 
---
Kisi ko bohot fikar hai Preet ki? *coughs coughs* Meher! Abb realization to hua naa? You can't live without your Preet. She was really anxious because Preet didn't have a proper breakfast... hubby wifey vibes hehe. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Fatima! OH YES his name was Gurinder? Hain?????😲 Seriously? Bool gayi thi meinπŸ˜› 
I thought it was the same Gurinder as in the show but impossible...🀣well maybe because the way Meher replied back to Gurinder... she was epic in her Punjabi's style. πŸ˜†

Waise Fatima I 😳think Meher would have done the same in the show ... well she slapped Viren atleast...
I'm getting carried away naa? sorry *khaan pakkering in Adi's style* πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

And Preet came to save his lady... what a class Preet Juneja! Muaaah!!!!😎

The lunch scene with Sneha was so cute. The cute princess named our Meher Cinderella how cute! They gave family vibes during the lunch. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
And Preet you'll never stop being naughty right? that kiss UFFF! πŸ˜³

This was such a cute update Fatima! 
So finally a sign of Meet reunion? Or another Gurinder coming soon? πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

Keep rocking! 
πŸ€—
Edited by .sweetchick. - 5 years ago
Rhea_401 thumbnail
Fatima ...Firstly thank you for the update... 
Secondly the update was damn cool...Typical bollywood haan - hero, heroine, villain, fights...haha...

Thankfully Meher has forgiven him...It was fun to see Preet show his nakhras for a change...Let's see how you incorporate the new villain into the story... Looking forward tk the next update...

Scribbler184 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Congratulations for 100 pages!!!!! πŸ₯³
Yayyy!

Chapter 61 was a chapter I was eagarly awaiting and I loved it. Their date was just so β€οΈ

I still have to read chapter 62.

I am really sorry for not commenting, a bit busy with stuff. 

But I want you to know that you are one of the most consistent writers ever. I adore you for that. You are amazing that way! πŸ€—
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Chapter 63 - A Heart to Heart

Meher watched as Preet finished his farm chores then went back inside the barn.  This was the second day he hadn't bothered to get ready to go into town for work.  What was wrong?  She wondered.  Something was bothering him for sure.  But what?  She went down to the kitchen to fix his breakfast tray.  Her father was sitting at the table sipping his tea and looking over the morning paper.  She was surprised to find Kuljeet looking out the window.  "Uh...good morning Papa-ji...Kuljeet Ma."

"Good morning puttar (child)," smiled Balraj.

"Hmm...good good," nodded Kuljeet.  "So...What's wrong with him?"

"What's wrong with who?" asked Meher.

"Junior Juneja, who else," replied Kuljeet as she joined her husband at the table.  "He's been moping around for the past few days."

"I noticed that too," sighed Meher, as she placed various breakfast items on a tray.  "But he hasn't said anything to me."

"He's not in any trouble is he?" asked Kuljeet.  "Because he's not going to win any sympathy points from me you know."

"I'm sure it's nothing," sighed Meher.  She picked up the tray and quickly walked out of the kitchen.  Her father rose and slowly followed her. 

"Meher wait," said Balraj.  He had a huge smile on his face.  "I have something I want you to give Preet."  He held out his newspaper.  It was folded open to a particular story.  "This should brighten up his mood."

Meher put down the tray and looked over the paper.  Her eyes grew wide with excitement as she quickly scanned through the page.  "Is this for real?" she asked her father.

"As real as it gets," nodded Balraj.

"Thank you Papa-ji!  Thank you!"  She gave her father a warm hug before hurrying out.

"Aray!  Uska nashta toh leti jao (Don't forget to take his breakfast)," Balraj called after Meher.  But she was already gone.  He chuckled to himself.  "Ah...young love."

Meanwhile...

Meher raced into the barn and found Preet lying on his cot with his hands behind his head.  "Ahem!" she cleared her throat.

Preet saw her and sat up slowly.  "Oh hey Meher, what's up?"

"Something really wonderful Preet," smiled Meher.  She covered the remaining distance between them with a certain skip in her step singing. 

Aaj main uppar.

Aasman neeche.

Aaj main aagay.

Zamana hai peeche.

Aaj main uppar.

"What's gotten into you today?" chuckled Preet.

She handed him the newspaper.  "Here, read this and you'll find out."

Preet took the paper from her, not really knowing what to expect.  His eyes widened in surprise as he read the page she had it opened to from top to bottom.  He looked at her in disbelief, then read it again.  Rishap Rampal and his wife had been arrested for business fraud.  The couple had been trying to leave the country using aliases.  Although it was suspected that they had successfully moved some of their wealth to offshore accounts, a sizable amount of their assets had been seized.  As more and more investors and other victims learned of their fraud, the list of people filing charges against the Rampals was increasing.  Petitions were being filed to liquidate the seized assets in order to compensate those they had defrauded.  Several companies had also filed charges against them.  Leading the way was Juneja Enterprises, who were the first ones to bring the extent of the Rampals fraud to light.    

"It's happening!" cried Preet.  "It's finally happening!"  He dropped the paper, picked Meher up and spun her around until they were both dizzy and laughing out loud. 

"I'm so happy for you Preet!"  She smiled looking into his joy filled eyes and cupped his face as he set her down.  "You worked so hard to uncover this, and it's finally paying off.  Here," she handed him her phone.  "You have to call your family."

"I don't know Meher," he hesitated.

"Come on Preet," she urged him.  "What's to think about?  Your family must be over the moon about this.  At least call them and be part of their happiness."

"You're right," smiled Preet.  He took her phone and immediately called his brother.

"Hello?" answered Prem.

"PB...it's me," said Preet.

"Preet!  Where have you been little bro?" asked Prem.  "I've been trying to get in touch with you for days now.  Kaan taras gaye thay teri awaaz sunne ke liye (My ears were dying to hear your voice)."

"Yeah...woh...actually...I'm having a little phone trouble these days," explained Preet.

"You're okay na?  Did you work everything out with Meher?" asked Prem.

"I'm fine PB," smiled Preet.  "Meher is fine too."  She waved her hand at him.  "She sends her regards to you and Heer Bhabi.  We're still in Ambala.  Anyway, I didn't call to talk about me.  I just read the morning paper.  The Rampals have been arrested!"

"Yes, isn't it great?" laughed Prem.  "They got caught trying to leave the country.  We've got a very solid case against them Preet.  We're throwing everything at them, from the ponzi scheme to planting an informant in our offices to stealing company information, and whatever else we can think of.  A lot of their assets were seized.  Herman filed a petition for compensation for the losses they forced on us.  There is a long list of people that are doing the same though, so I don't know what will become of that.  But just knowing that they're going to be put away is enough for me."

"Yeah," agreed Preet.  "I'm really happy for you guys."

"You guys?" Prem said in surprise.  "Us Preet...Us.  You're a part of this too.  We would never have found out anything was amiss if it weren't for you.  Look, I know you and Bauji have your differences, but maybe it's time to let bygones be bygones and just come home."

"Ha-Ha!  What a glorious day it is!" Lalit burst into the room beaming with joy.  Herman and Maya were with him.  "The Rampals are finally going to jail...and will be...how do they say it?...Chakee peesing (grinding on a millstone).  Ha!  And the money...we'll be getting money that was rightfully ours."

"Don't count your chicks before the eggs hatch Bauji," warned Herman.  "Court proceedings take a long time, and the Rampals are going to fight all the charges levied against them."

"I don't care," said Lalit.  "We've got a solid case I tell you, rock solid!  And it's all because of the hard work of my 2 wonderful sons.  Prem...Herman...you are my pride and joy.  None of this would have been possible without you two."

Prem was still holding the phone in his hand.  "But Bauji...Preet also..."

"Uff-ho!  Kiska naam le liya (did you have to take his name)," frowned Lalit.  "I'm on cloud 9 Prem, don't spoil my mood."  He looked at his son with a raised brow.  "Who are you on the phone with?"

"Woh...Bauji...I..."  He checked the line but his brother had hung up.  "No one," sighed Prem.

Meanwhile...

Meher had watched Preet's face go from happy to grim in the time span of the phone call with his brother.  "What happened?" she asked as he handed her phone back to her.

"Nothing," lied Preet.

"But your family?" asked Meher.

"They're fine," said Preet.  "Look, can we talk about something else?  What's a man got to do to get something to eat around here?"

Something during his phone call with Prem had clearly upset him.  Thought Meher.  Maybe he wants to be with his family in their time of joy but can't because of me.  "I'm sorry Preet," she mumbled.  "Meri wajah se tum apni family se door ho (You're away from your family because of me)."  Her face was tense.  She rubbed a spot on the ground with the toe of her shoe.

"Hey Cinderella, don't you dare go blaming yourself for anything," he pulled her into his arms and gave her a warm hug.  "And...who said I'm away from my family.  You're right here with me, aren't you?"  He was about to give her a kiss on her forehead, when Kuljeet walked in holding his breakfast tray. 

"Oh my Rabs!  What on earth is going on here?" she demanded.

"K-Kuljeet Ma aap?" Meher stammered.  Red faced, she quickly broke away from Preet.  "What are you doing here?"

"I was wondering why you ran out to the barn as if your tail was on fire and now I know," frowned Kuljeet.  "Yahan breakfast ke bahaney romance ho raha hai (You've been romancing him under the pretense of bringing him breakfast)!  Well it's not going to happen under my watch!"

"Mrs. Maan we're married for God's sake," Preet rolled his eyes.

"I don't care.  Here take this..."  Kuljeet handed him his tray, and took Meher's hand and pulled her along.  "You can roll your eyes all you want but we had a deal Junior Juneja, and until you keep your end of the bargain...you stay away from her!"

Later that night...

Meher was getting ready for bed when she thought she heard a sound at her window.  She listened carefully.  Nothing.  It must have been my imagination.  She went back to fluffing her pillows.  She paused.  No, she wasn't imagining things.  There it was again.  She dropped the pillow she was holding and walked over to her window.  Clink!  A small pebble hit against the glass of the window.  She opened it and peaked outside.  Preet was standing there with his hand on a ladder. 

"It's about time you looked out," he complained.  "I was running out of pebbles."  He placed the ladder against the side of the house and quickly climbed up.

"Preet, you shouldn't be up here," Meher stopped him at the window. 

"Why not?" asked Preet.  "We were so rudely interrupted by Mrs. Maan this morning, so I figured we could spend some time together now."

"Here?!  But Papa-ji and Kuljeet are still up," said Meher.

"I'll be quiet, I promise," said Preet.  He tried to get in but she stopped him again. 

"Trust me, this is a very bad idea," Meher shook her head.

"Trust me this is a very good idea," insisted Preet.  "Besides, yeh Romeo and Juliet wala window romance baad mein kab karne ko mile ga (Besides when will we ever again get to have this Romeo and Juliet type of window romance)?"

"Yeh na ho ke Romeo ki tarah tum waqi mare jao (You don't want to get killed like Romeo either)," Meher warned him.

"Ha!  Romeo had it easy compared to me," complained Preet.  "The guy took poison and...poof!  He relieved himself of all his problems in one go.  Your step mom shoots poisonous daggers at me daily and I take it all in stride...just for you.  But it's worth it.  You'll see...this whole experience...it's something we'll go on to tell our kids and grandkids about one day."

"Kids?" chuckled Meher.

"Arey socho toh sahi," said Preet.  "Kitne handsome bache ho gain hamare (Just imagine, what handsome kids we'll have)...what with my good looks...and...well...my brains."

Meher's mouth fell open.  "Preet Juneja!" she hissed as she smacked him several times on the shoulder.  "That's it...you're going back to the stable."

"Arey Cinderella...joke tha," chuckled Preet.  "Now let me in."

Meher hesitated for a moment then moved out of the way to give him room to climb in.  "So, how come you bothered knocking tonight?" she asked.  "I thought you'd just climb in and hide in some corner to scare me."

"Actually that's called surprising, and I already tried but the window was locked," admitted Preet.  He had just taken a step towards her when Kuljeet's voice caused him to stop in his tracks.

"Tu?  Tu phir aa gaya (You.  You're back again)?!" cried Kuljeet.  "Yaqeenan khidki se hi aya hoga (He must have entered through the window)."

"Uff ho Kuljeet come sit down," said Balraj.  "It's just a mosquito."

"Phew!" Preet sighed in relief.  "For a minute I thought she was talking about me."

"Actually, there's only one wall separating my room and Papa-ji's room," explained Meher.

"Ek hi dewar ke peeche romance kaise hota hoga (How can anyone romance behind a shared wall)?" Preet mumbled to himself.

"Matlab (meaning)?" asked Meher.

"Matlab it's a dangerous room yaar," remarked Preet.

"Let's see if we can bring that danger level down a little," chuckled Meher.  She walked over to the door and locked it from inside.

"Ah...you mean...hum tum ek kamre mein band ho (You and I locked inside a room together)?  I like it," grinned Preet.  His smile grew wider when he saw what she was wearing.  "Hey isn't that one of those nightgowns I bought for you in Kasauli?"

Meher watched as his gaze slowly travel appreciatively from her face to the rest of her body.  It sent shivers down her spine.  "Uh...yeah...I...I guess it is," she stammered as she quickly walked over to her bed, picked up the matching robe and slipped it on.

"What did you do that for?" frowned Preet.

"Do what? Meher asked innocently.

"Put your robe on," said Preet.  "You don't have to hide yourself from me."

Meher blushed and pulled the robe tighter around her.  "Maybe it's better if I do."  She headed towards her dressing table.  He took hold of her hand as she walked past him.

"Haat kyun pakda (Why have you grabbed her hand)?  Haat chod uska kaminey (Leave her hand you scoundrel)!" Kuljeet called out.

Startled, Preet immediately let Meher's hand go. 

"Kuljeet, will you please let me watch the movie in peace?" said Balraj.

Meher giggled as she walked over to dresser.  Poor Preet.  Even though Kuljeet didn't know he was in her room, she sure was keeping him on his toes. She picked up her hairbrush and started to brush out her long brown hair.  Just then, she caught his reflection in the mirror.  He was staring at her, watching her every movement so intently, it made her feel flustered and confused.  She ran the brush through her hair again, then raised her eyebrows questioningly at him.  "Why are you looking at me like that?  Just what's going on in that mind of yours?" 

"Naughty thoughts...plenty of naughty thoughts," Preet smiled as he walked up to her, encircled his arms around her waist, and pulled her into his chest. 

"Naughty thoughts?" said Meher.

"Yeah...you know like...you...me...this dress in a pile on the floor." He pushed her hair away from her shoulder and kissed her there.

"Preet," giggled Meher.  "Be serious."

"I'm being very serious Cinderella," grinned Preet.  He turned her around to face him.  Then leaned in close to her.

Just then Kuljeet spoke up again.  "Oh my Rabs!  What to do about this generation?  Aaj kal sharam to jaise bilkul khatam hi ho gayi (No one has any shame).

"That's it!" Preet muttered in frustration.  He took Meher by the hand and led her to the window.

"Wait, where are you taking me?" she asked. 

"Some place where you and I can be alone in peace."  He pointed to the ladder outside.  "Come on, let's go."

"You expect me to climb down that thing dressed like this?  No way!" said Meher.  "Besides, that ladder doesn't look so sturdy."

"It'll be fine," Preet reassured her.  "Look, I'll go down first, that way if you fall I'll catch you."

"Ha-ha, very funny," Meher made a face at him.

"Come on Meher," pleaded Preet.  "Come with me.  Just for a little while...please."

"And what if Kuljeet comes by and finds me gone?" asked Meher.

"You locked the door right?" Preet reminded her.  "She'll assume you're asleep.  If it makes you feel any better, we won't go very far.  I'll bring you back in an hour.  Dharti Ma ki kasam."

Meher bit her lower lip as she hesitated for a moment.  She wanted to go with him.  She also wanted to find out what had been bothering him.  Perhaps she could coax him into opening up about that.  "Okay fine," she said.   

"Great," smiled Preet.  He quickly headed out the window.  Once on the ground, he held the ladder firmly, so that she could follow.

Meher carefully stepped out onto the ladder and headed towards the ground.  About midway, she looked down at Preet and realized that from his angle he could probably see right up her dress.  Damn!  Why had she agreed to this?  Why hadn't she changed?  She looked at Preet again.  He should look away.  He shouldn't be staring.  But he was, damn it!  She tightened the sash around her robe and quickened her pace. 

The last few rungs of the ladder were broken.  Preets arms encircled her waist as he took hold of her and slowly lowered her feet to the ground.  She turned on him immediately.  "You looked up my dress didn't you?"

"Uh...well...yes," he admitted.  "There was so much there to like it was hard not to."

"Oh God Preet," Meher shook her head and smacked him on the arm.  "You're just awful!"

A short while later...

Preet helped Meher climb up onto a small hayloft like structure in the middle of her father's field.  "Isn't this nice?" he asked as she sat down next to him.  "Nothing but you me, the moon, stars, fireflies...and the occasional mosquito."  He swatted the air around him with both hands. 

"It is nice.  Thanks for bringing me here," smiled Meher.  She linked her arm with his and let her head rest on his shoulder. 

Preet sighed in contentment.  No matter how his day had gone, no matter how small his father had made him feel, nothing mattered more to him at that moment than holding her in his arms.  This was where she belonged.  She was the most precious thing in the world to him, and he never wanted to let her go. 

"It sure is peaceful here," remarked Meher.

"Yeah," agreed Preet.  "I come here sometimes to think."

"And what do you think about?" asked Meher.

"You mostly," grinned Preet.  He placed a kiss on her head.  "And...about...our life together once I fulfill your step-mother's condition."

"Really?" said Meher.  "And what have you come up with?"

"Well...I'm thinking, maybe we should move to Ludhiana," said Preet.  "There are better job opportunities there."

"Agreed," said Meher.

"I've got business in my blood, so I won't work for someone for very long," continued Preet.

"Okay," nodded Meher.

"Once we have some money saved up, I'll start my own consulting firm," continued Preet.  "You've got a year of University left.  Maybe you'd like to finish that up."

"Really Preet?" Meher said excitedly.  "I...I could get a teaching job after that."

"Sure," agreed Preet.  "Before you know it, we'll have enough to buy our own little home and then maybe we can start a family."

"You sure love kids don't you?" smiled Meher.

"Of course," Preet smiled back at her.  "Poori cricket team paida karein ge (We'll raise an entire cricket team)."

"An entire cricket team?!  Baap re Preet!" cried Meher.

"Well maybe not an entire cricket team, but it'll be fun trying just the same," he winked at her.

Meher shook her head and laughed.  "So...how far are we from meeting Kuljeet's condition?  I mean, the month is almost up."

"Uh...yeah...about that," sighed Preet.  "You may have noticed that I haven't gone into town for the past few days."

"I did," nodded Meher.  "Is everything alright at work?"

"Actually Meher...," Preet hesitated momentarily.  "I lost my job at the lumber yard."

"What?  Why?" Meher asked in surprise.  "Mr. Kundra was so happy with your work."

"Yes, but you know the guy I got into a fight with?" said Preet.

"Gurinder?" said Meher.

"Right, Gurinder," said Preet.  "He had a disagreement with the manager and wasn't coming into work.  I was basically hired as his replacement, after our little skirmish, he wanted his job back.  Mr. Kundra didn't want to let me go, but he sort of feels obligated to the guy.  His wife went into labor when the weather here was really bad.  Roads were flooded.  Some bridge had collapsed.  Getting to the hospital was next to impossible."

Meher recalled how something similar had happened with her father and Kuljeet.

"Gurinder took them in his truck though some alternate routes, that he knew about," continued Preet.  "They never would have made it otherwise.  The doctors weren't able to save Mrs. Kundra, but they did save Anjali.  That little girl means everything to him."

"I see," said Meher.       

"Don't you worry about anything though, I still have some time.  I'll find other work," Preet reassured her.

"And in any case, you already have the money, right?" said Meher.  "Prem Bhaiya..."

"No Meher," Preet shook his head.  "I don't have that money anymore.  I sent it back to my brother.  I mean, I wasn't going to use it, so what was the point of hanging on to it?"

"Oh...okay," Meher said warily.

"I'm not a little kid anymore.  I can fight my own battles, you know," Preet said determinedly.

"I know you can," smiled Meher.  "So...um...what else did Prem Bhaiya have to say?" 

Preet grew silent.  Meher could tell from the look on his face that he was holding something back from her.  Something unpleasant had definitely transpired during the phone call.  But what?  "Preet...you know you can tell me anything."  She placed her hand on his reassuringly.

"It's nothing," tried Preet.

"It's not nothing Preet," insisted Meher.  "I'm concerned because you seemed hurt.  Even now it's obvious you're upset just thinking about it.  I'm your wife.  You should feel like you can share anything with me, but if want to shut me out...then fine.  I mean, it's not the first time you've kept things from me is it?  I should just go back home."  She got up to leave but he took her by the elbow and held her back.

"No Meher...don't go.  Please...," said Preet.  He exhaled in frustration.  "It's just that...I heard my father talking while I was on the phone with PB.  Everyone was excited about the Rampals' arrest.  He was too.  He kept going on and on about how much PB and Herman Bhai meant to him...but me...he didn't even want to hear my name."

"Oh Preet, I'm so sorry," sighed Meher.

"Don't be," Preet shook his head.  "I don't know why I let it get to me.  It's actually stupid of me to expect anything from my father when he's never given me a second thought.  I can't even say I love the guy.  Nothing he says or does matters to me, and yet..."

"...you still yearn for his acceptance," Meher finished his sentence for him.

He gave her a weak smile.  She knew him so well.  "Perhaps."  He shrugged his shoulders.  "It's always been so hard to watch him be so proud of his other sons while he treated me as if I didn't exist." 

With her eyes brimming with tears, Meher threw her arms around his neck and hugged him.  "I'm so sorry Preet.  I'll never understand how someone could treat their own child so poorly.  And, I'll never be able to forgive myself for making things even worse between you and your father."

"Hey Cinderella," Preet pulled back from her.  "I told you before, none of this is your fault.  Aur tum...rote huay bilkul achi nahin lagti ho (You don't look good at all when you cry).  Placing his hands tenderly on either side of her face, he wiped away her tears with his thumbs.  "Kyun ke...jab tumhari in moti moti ankhon se yeh mote mote aansoon nikalte hain toh tum aur bhi moti dikhti ho (These fat tears coming out of your big eyes make you look even more fat).

Meher's mouth fell open.  "Did you just call me fat?!"  She smacked him on his arm several times.

"It was joke yaar," laughed Preet as he raised his hands in defense.

"Well it wasn't very funny," scowled Meher, as she smacked him one last time.

"Okay okay...sorry," chuckled Preet.  He grabbed her hand with one of his and pulled her into a hug.  "I didn't bring you out here to cry or to tease you."

"Then why did you bring me here?" Meher looked at him with a raised brow.

"For a little...alone time...and for a little...you know...romance under the stars," said Preet.

"Romance?" chuckled Meher.  "Preet Juneja...is that all you ever think about?"

"Only when you're around."  He winked at her.  "See Meher...technically speaking we're still newlyweds.  We should be busy making...uh...making fireworks...under the stars and moonlight, but instead, Mrs. Maan has brought on a total eclipse."

Meher shook her head and smiled.

"Main shaadi shuda hone ke bawajood kunwara ban ke phir raha hoon (Despite being married I'm living alone like a single guy)," complained Preet.  "And on top of that, I have to sleep in the barn with the horses.  Even they don't hesitate to mock me.  That's just plain wrong on so many levels."

"Aww...Tsk Tsk.  Yeh to waqai bauhat galat baat hai (that really is tragic)," giggled Meher.  "Waise aap ka ye akela pan door karne ke liye hum kuch maddat karein (Can I do something to help alleviate your boredom)?"

"I thought you'd never ask," smiled Preet.  He leaned towards her for a kiss, but she pushed him back playfully.

"Preet!" she laughed.

"Kya Preet?  Bauhat ho gaya hai Meher.  Aaj toh main bilkul nahin rukoon ga (What Preet?  Enough is enough Meher.  Nothing's going to hold me back tonight)," he said determinedly.  He pulled her in close and claimed her lips with his in a tender exploring kiss that sent tingling sensations throughout her body and turned her knees to mush.  As the kiss intensified, her hands slowly crawled up his chest and found their way around his neck. 

Suddenly she broke away from him.

"What happened?" Preet asked in surprise.

"I thought I heard something," she said as her brows slanted into a suspicious frown.  "Someone is out there."

"Meher you're imagining things," Preet sighed as he reached for her again.

"No, I'm not," Meher shook her head.

"But Meher...," tried Preet.

"What if it's some constable on patrol?" Meher said worriedly.  "We don't want to get arrested for indecency."

"But we haven't even done anything indecent yet," complained Preet.

"This isn't funny Preet," hissed Meher.  She got up on her hands and knees and carefully scanned the field around them.  It was next to impossible to make out anything in the dark.  "There is someone out there.  I just know it."

She was right.  Undetected under the cover of the tall crops growing in the field, Gurinder sat watching the young couple seething with anger.

Hope you all liked the update. πŸ˜›

Please hit the like button and leave me some feedback.

Credit: Plenty of Meet dialogues in this one...see how many you recognize πŸ˜†

Also the kids dialogue is of course from YJHD

Chapter 64: Preet gets hurt

Link to: Chapter 64

Link to Table of Contents: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/136805557

Edited by Fatima_Q - 5 years ago