Kamal Haasan Has Been Chosen For The Prestigious French Chevalier Awar

janavii thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Kamal Haasan Has Been Chosen For The Prestigious French Chevalier Award!

August 22, 2016
facebooktwitterredditgplus

Kamal Haasan

A. Prathap

Actor Kamal Haasan has another achievement to his credit. Kamal Haasan has become the second Tamil star after Sivaji Ganesan to be honoured with the Chevalier de L'Ordre Arts et Lettres (The Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government.

The Order is part of France's premier award, the Legion of Honor. Haasan's spokesman on Sunday told media, "The distinction...is in recognition of his high level of artistic excellence and his distinguished career achievements."

Dedicating the award to his  "admirers and audience", in a special audio message, Kamal Haasan said:

"On this occasion, I bow before my more deserving forerunners Satyajit Ray and Sivaji Ganesan who made even the common man realise the value of Chevalier award. I dedicate this award to my admirers and audience who give me the tenacity of purpose to pursue to this day and moment my arts."

Additionally, he also said that these awards and recognition humbles him. He expressed his sadness that his parents are not alive to see their son receiving such an honor.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats to Kamal Hassan!! SRK received this award too right? 
hasini009 thumbnail
😆

Congo Kamal, the truly deserving 👏⭐️
Breath-Mark thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Curlylocks

Congrats to Kamal Hassan!! SRK received this award too right? 

Yup in 2014.

In Tamil Sivaji and Kamal have got this award. In Hindi, AB Sr and SRK
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Highly deserving..He is one of the  greatest actors of all time in Indian movie history 👏