From demon,to Ram,to father!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

From demon,to  Ram ,to father

I once was known as a monster! not a vicious one  but one with a gentle  heart

Life was a dream   seen with open eyes  and   I was  my very own dream merchant  smart

The light of my household  was  I ,the torch  which  shone in every  eye of my  clan

It was   I, who  brought a smile  upon  my father's lips  ,the country bumpkin  with no fan

But for me he was one who always had the time to spend with me, laugh at my jokes.

My mother a beauty in looks not so by heart, only saw me  as a tool  to  gather wealth for which she hopes

My princess dadi taught me right from wrong , respect , compassion  for  the less fortunate

I left home to better my chances in life, and it drizzled with the vigour of living it to the full!

Till   to my roots  I  returned on my birthday!   the waters of mother Ganges give me my welcome home gift,  the gift of pure  Ishq

Day break it was,  out of the  pure water  sprang forth  the purest  figurine  of white plaster, surreal..

I still recall  it was a guessing game , guessing   her age ?but what of that ?  young as  she was but none the less wiser..   I found out later

I remember my friends watched my performance.  As I swam across   the holy waters of the Ganges

Viplav  watch  your way here! it  was not avant-garde  Delhi  but conservative  Banaras

roost to widows

Only  her  I saw,  a goddess  rise from the  pure waters,   blind to the  white stigma  she wore and bore

I failed to differentiate  her marked difference from the rest of the world..

her unspoken alienation

To me she was a wager, a bet  I had to win in the face of my friends!

that's  how  I was..unruly,  brazen

A  widow, but for mine eyes  only a woman! fragile like  the white lotus,

Prasad?  I held my hand , politely

instead  this young  widow screwed her nose!  told  me all the things about myself  I  didn't

want to know .. dicey! feisty!

She held against me celebrating my birthday   on the boat with  Raj and pakhuj .. so what

if I had  a few drinks?

Smelly  drunk !she  made me feel!  never gave me the  offertory  ,was  I so  obnoxious?

Impudent  repugnant?  she  gave  me a glimpse

Viplav never loses a bet  and this will not be a bad joke on him ! but on her!   I made sure

Stalked her to the temple , did  the unthinkable ,poured beer in her  small silver  pot !

For my dastardly deed the young widow got flack from the whole of Banaras !  something turned inside me , hurt a lot

I felt discomfiture, what did  I gain? unsure , but  that day seeing her behind bars

I  lost  something from  within  me , a bit of tranquillity ,  but on the contrary caught   a  faint  sparkle of  some  stars

With Dhani .. young , feisty ,somewhat  innocent woman,   it was not love  at first sight ! it was more she wound me up!

Not that she challenged my  station and breeding it  was  her composure that

troubled me!

My interest  grew in  Dhani  two folds!   her disinterest  in me was engaging  ..

how could that be? as  I was  always the life and  soul of every ones' business

The young ice maiden in white  roused a strange sentiment in me felt like never before..

Many came and went in my life but Dhani,  lingered on, each time  I met her  she occupied  me more

Yet Dhani  denied me, being more to her then necessary ! thats what she was conditioned

to think as a widow!  denounced,  detested and despised

Babba died  and  I lost  one who gave me quality  time  , a fathers love..

I learnt from him to spend meaningful moments  with one's own child

I was shattered,  the one who ho gathered me was  Dhani! love shaped from sympathy , understanding,  friendship

We fought the world, traditions, family , to gave a  name to our  relationship the colour of our Ishq

Love had to be tested,  people, misunderstandings , created  gaps between us  I misjudged her

Dhani walked out of our  marriage  , my life , and  I was left with nothing but memories of how things were ?

Viplav was no loser!he found  her cause to promote  .. create a  safe ,  haven for the many widows of Banaras !

I too moved on .. had too,  for a personal  pressing reason..a boy child  for which  I was blessed

I lived for five years , a  sullen , joyless life  with all hopes of ever meeting   Dhani again  repressed

Till one day my  good deeds paid off.. the gods smiled at me and  I found my flower fairy, Vidha!

The father in me leapt with joy  and for the very first time in five years..

I smiled   in Mumbai! It was meeting myself after a long while

Hope  rekindled in my heart again,  if  my daughter is around, her mother my love will be  nigh..

Dhani was nearby  but  for me it was more trauma  to bear , than  meets  my eye.

She had moved on ,like  I did, but this time, all is not lost , the flower of our love will  pull us together

Vidha.. Vidha.. my darling daughter, in your hands now lie the flowers  of your parent's Ishq  let them  not wither.

Vidha , present  your parents, the bouquet  of colourful  dreams they once dreamt.. make them reality  again.

Vidha , your demon uncle is a changed man today ,you my angel  have made him into a father

For whom  nothing in the worlds now  matters  !  just so long as  he can have her and  Dhani rather..

Hamlet53 11.8. 16. Commemorating  one year birthday celebration  of Ishq ka rang  safed  10th August 2015~ August 2016

Edited by Hamlet53 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zajedno thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
hamlet ...
you turned me in the PERSON that could not stop the tears. Vidha an angel. Viplav is a Rakshas, Danhi Durga. God, all divine beings. Thank you my friend.πŸ˜­πŸ˜›
Edited by zajedno - 7 years ago
simpleAnna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hammie hammie hammie,
It is such a beautiful poem, I lived all those moments again.
Only her I saw, a goddess rise from the pure waters,   blind to the white stigma she wore and bore
I failed to differentiate her marked difference from the rest of the world..
her unspoken alienation
To me she was a wager, a bet I had to win in the face of my friends!
that's how I was..unruly, brazen
A widow, but for mine eyes only a woman! fragile like the white lotus,
Prasad? I held my hand , politely
instead this young widow screwed her nose! told me all the things about myself I didn't

Brilliant lines ,totally loved it.I found it amazing how u showed viplabs journey from RAVAN to RAM.I personally have issues with d character Ram,as a feminist point of view.yes off course here I found almost d similar mistake done by viplab,which once was done by Ram, that makes him mere human only.

This was a superb idea, to compare viplab with Ram, yes indeed he became d ideal companion as Ram was.always supported his wife, did respect her...but yet made d mistake of abandoning her,for d sake of d world.n see after yrs of seperation our RAM of AYODHYA NIWAS met his own blood vidha,just like d RAM in RAMAYANA met LAB N KUSH.but couldnt recognize her at first.

Really amazing idea hammie, made me think much...d story started from a spoiled brat gradually turning into a good, understanding human being then to a very supportive father figure.Indian tele is all about female leads,Durga n Kali avatars etc etc.but I m glad u focused on viplabs transition from a son to husband to father.
Edited by simple2joy - 7 years ago
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
This is very emotional poem Hammie. 
I am speechless. I don't have words to describe my feelings after reading this poem . 

It is as if my life story was shown to me in a moment. I felt for Vilav as if he was my relative. a man who had every thing , yet ..he has nothing!😭 

Alhamdulillah. Allah is very merciful. each hard time comes to an end..and with his fairy flower guiding him..there'll be a new beginning.a new life and a true family for Viplav.πŸ˜ƒ
Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Dearest Hammie,
Just WOW...me short of words to describe what I feel after reading this...
I went thru' it all in one breath, you know...was visualizing it like a Slide Show In FF mode.. ...honestly I'm not sure how to put it into words.

Hammie, What a befitting 1st Anniversary tribute to our immensely loved show...you are a genius.
THANK YOU DEAR  !!!!πŸ‘

NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ohh Hammie πŸ‘πŸΌ ⭐️ stupendous dear jst fantastic.. u ve covered Viplov's whole life journeyin ths poem.. showing ur bbrilliance. .😳 certainly took ths celebration to some higher levels dear..!! I love each n every word u spoke frm Viplov's side.. viplov can't be summarised better than ths.. my heart jst swell up reading those lines.. I'm grinning on ths thought that I remain stick frm start till end.. I'm actually proud on us all.. will cherish ths journey forever as ur takes n ur brilliant wrk has made ths journey a fairytale fr me Hammie n I love U fr that. .!! I dun hav enough words to praise u im incapable. . Frgve me fr that..bt I kno my emotion reach u fully n u r well aware how much I adore ur wrk fr Ishq.. Thnx..!!
Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zajedno

hamlet ...    hey zajendo... smile😊  my friend...
you turned me in the PERSON that could not stop the tears. Vidha an angel. Viplav is a Rakshas, Danhi Durga. God, all divine beings. Thank you my friend.πŸ˜­πŸ˜›
really pleased you enjoyed the piece of writng... much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: simple2joy

Hammie hammie hammie,   taz x3   
It is such a beautiful poem, I lived all those moments again.   you like verse   .I know that
Only her I saw, a goddess rise from the pure waters,   blind to the white stigma she wore and bore
I failed to differentiate her marked difference from the rest of the world..
her unspoken alienation
To me she was a wager, a bet I had to win in the face of my friends!
that's how I was..unruly, brazen
A widow, but for mine eyes only a woman! fragile like the white lotus,
Prasad? I held my hand , politely
instead this young widow screwed her nose! told me all the things about myself I didn't

thanks for appreciating... it was a  quick images of key scenes..
Brilliant lines ,totally loved it.I found it amazing how u showed viplabs journey from RAVAN to RAM.I personally have issues with d character Ram,as a feminist point of view.yes off course here I found almost d similar mistake done by viplab,which once was done by Ram, that makes him mere human only.
it spells hope...  viplav takes onboard   where he went wrong.. which is a strength itself..
This was a superb idea, to compare viplab with Ram, yes indeed he became d ideal companion as Ram was.always supported his wife, did respect her...but yet made d mistake of abandoning her,for d sake of d world.n see after yrs of seperation our RAM of AYODHYA NIWAS met his own blood vidha,just like d RAM in RAMAYANA met LAB N KUSH.but couldnt recognize her at first.
loved how you picked up the analogy..    Ram .. also stood for challenging evil.. viplav   fought ignorance    in the Ashram..
Really amazing idea hammie, made me think much...d story started from a spoiled brat gradually turning into a good, understanding human being then to a very supportive father figure.Indian tele is all about female leads,Durga n Kali avatars etc etc.but I m glad u focused on viplabs transition from a son to husband to father.
its as a father now he stands... its his daughter  who will be the hope  of their ,his stable future .. thanks for appreciating... much love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

This is very emotional poem Hammie.    helooo awida..  😊

I am speechless. I don't have words to describe my feelings after reading this poem . 

It is as if my life story was shown to me in a moment. I felt for Vilav as if he was my relative. a man who had every thing , yet ..he has nothing!😭 
yes... its the identification  with the  protagonist...  he hopes his daughter will  give him his family back
Alhamdulillah. Allah is very merciful. each hard time comes to an end..and with his fairy flower guiding him..there'll be a new beginning.a new life and a true family for Viplav.πŸ˜ƒ    as humans   hope ,and  faith in good  times  to come ahead.. thanks for reading  and commenting  much love hammie

bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Baji ko tune rula diya bhau.. Tears in my eyes, out of happiness.. What a brilliant piece of writing my dear.. Wow wow wowπŸ‘πŸ‘.. A big roud of applause for my very talented mate.. Supppeerrrbbb.. Can there be anything better than this on Ishq Ka Rang Safed's one year anniversary..?? There cannot be anything more beautiful hammie..
Enjoyed reading it so much.. It was beautiful.. Right from the very first line to the last.. Vidha's flower of Ishq is in vidhu's hand.. Viplav's fairy will not let it wither.. Her parents will be reuniting soon and I am eagerly waiting for that special moment.. 

Bhau, bhau, bhau, bhau.. And I will call u thousand more times like joya didi.. Lekin apun pyar se bulaigi toh ek bar kaafi haiπŸ˜†.. Aa gale lag ja hammie like a Duji hug😳..
Hatsss off to u.. May God bless u.. Always keep smiling.. Tumhare chehere pe smile bohot achchi lagti hogi..😳 Mishal, if he visits this forum ever, should read ur posts specially.. The handsome hunk is indeed much lucky to have such dedicated fans.. 
27th Jan and 10th Aug are the two special dates for us..high5 bhau.. Will be back to read ur next post..
Edited by Barbie_KK9629 - 7 years ago