Adharma can be defeated with dharma and Purusharth

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Today in the inspirational speech Ram gave to his vanar sena he stressed on the importance of Purusharth. That is knowledge along with wealth and power.We say courts or justice is manipulated using wealth and power. 
Yes we have to accept that wealth and power have their place in the society. If you want to preach dharma or right knowledge, you should have wealth and power. Because society respects people with purusharth. 
And the major mistake people make is in understanding wealth and power. Yes they are needed in material terms but more than that we have to cultivate relations which is our real wealth. Lakshman he is Ram's real wealth and trust of your loved ones that is your power. Sita, her trust on Ram that becomes his power. 
We see the wealth and power in material terms when vanar sena comes in, but we need to understand the hidden Purusharth of Lakshman and Sita. 
Also we need to see how Ram gets Sugreev. It is by enabling him, supporting him and delivering on his trust. When you create allies based on trust, it is long lasting. 

Look at MB. What is the wealth of Pandavas. The unity between the brothers. What is their power. Friendship between Arjun and Krishna, trust of Arjun on Krishna. 

If you look at any war whether Ramayana or Mahabharatha you will see Purusharth. Only thing you see in the dharma side is that in addition to the material purusharth, they cultivate the real purusharth in form of relations and trust. And that is why the final victory goes to them. 

So understand Purusharth. Understand the purusharth by head which is material wealth and power which you need in this society and the purusharth of heart relations and trust which you need for your ultimate victory and peace of mind. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Well said, Shruti!

One of the best lessons in the Ramayana is the importance of family and friendship. When we cultivate relationships with love and trust, then they will last a lifetime.

On the other hand, when we mock relations and become arrogant because of our wealth and power, then our true wealth (loyalty of family) will desert us just as Ravan kicked Vibhishan out of the kingdom, despite he being the only one in Ravan's court who had true wisdom.

I also love your comparison with Mahabharat. Despite Duryodhan having so many powerful members on his side, he lost because he got them all to his side through trickery. He tricked Shalya into coming to his side. Bhishma and Drona were never truly loyal to his cause. They were only loyal to Hastinapur. Even Karna was not able to fight to his true potential due to knowing the Pandavas were his brothers.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@janaki basis of Ramayana is relations. It shows the path to relationship management through the lives of Ram and Sita. Lord and his better half coming on this earth, living and showing the humans the path of living a righteous life with Purusharth. Point is to understand Ramayan for what it stands for. But the message is lost in the mayhem of worship. 
In MB the problem with duri is that the warriors were present in physical form with him, but one way or the other they were supportive of Pandavas cause. 
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It seems like the Morden days with a hectic life style , lot of television soaps getting their priority during family times have deprived younger ones ( tiny tot stage) their most important treasured story telling times with grandparents or so .Also the popular habits of encouraging English language fluency etc from younger ages which has distanced the kids from our wonderful Panchatantras or so and replaced them with Dora's etc .
Earlier days when the stories from Krishna avatar or Ramayana when repeatedly shared by elders with the kids used to make an impression in the younger minds which could later be further natured .
But these having gone off and replaced by video games on tablets to occupy kids from tender ages are are a very serious threat that's coming up which sort of creates a certain disconnect with the culture and the youth . 
Hence to contemplate on values of relationships and their understanding through such wonderful works of our past is hardly seen .
SKR in that respect has helped  in  getting atleast some part of the society to understand the great values that Ramayan actually intends to convey to the human kind !!
Also earlier the star MB did their bit to get the younger generations hooked to with their techie presentations !
The more family time is spent on sharing these values , the better as to expect these from the academic system seems quite  a distant future ! Or ?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@janaki basis of Ramayana is relations. It shows the path to relationship management through the lives of Ram and Sita. Lord and his better half coming on this earth, living and showing the humans the path of living a righteous life with Purusharth. Point is to understand Ramayan for what it stands for. But the message is lost in the mayhem of worship. 

In MB the problem with duri is that the warriors were present in physical form with him, but one way or the other they were supportive of Pandavas cause. 

I don't think message is lost in the mayhem of worship, per se. Those who are true devotees of the Lord understand the deeper message of Ramayana. Those who view Ram and Sita as the ultimate Paramatma and Devi understand what Ramayana is teaching. It is those who pretend to be devotees but have other agendas that don't understand the message and lead people wrongly. Those who use Ramayana as an excuse to oppress women, discriminate against others, etc do not understand the deeper message, and instead they spread negativity and hatred among people.

Lord Krishna said in Bhagavat Gita that he can be reached through different paths. Bhakti yoga (or worship) is one of them and Karma yoga (action) is the other. Neither is greater than the other. So doing worship if the Lord is never wrong. In fact, it is one of the ways to reach him.

It is those who do worship wit negative feelings in their heart, with selfish intentions, that don't understand the true message of God.
Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@vipraja sadly what you said is true. Even I was appalled when one of my younger cousins was not sure of the characters of Ramayana. He said yaa Bharath I think, whereas they know pokemon and all quite well. If we don't teach the kids the roots of our culture, our culture will be lost.

@janaki it is not reaching the present generation the way it should. Even today I have come reading an article which mocks Ramayana and Pushpak viman and sea bridge in a Malayalam newspaper which has quite good circulation in Kerala. The inner science of our epics is not explained to younger minds the right way.
vipraja26 thumbnail
Wrt to scientific explanations , I think the very few who are aware of them are unable to bring it to the bigger platforms for the larger sections to know . They are either not supported and encouraged or even worse thrashed by certain powers . 
You might have seen the way the show named Chandra Gupta Maurya that was once doing a wonderful job of invoking the national and cultural pride among a greater sections of the society was abruptly  stopped though for several different reasons but I  quite feel it did not get the due closure as the fear it must have created among certain groups in and outside to disallow such good work . ( in case you did not , take a look at it and you'll perfectly understand ) there are scenes were they show the glory of a high standard university including their research sections etc , also many such incidents )
I just happened to recently see the show and was very impressed .
It is these that need to be shown more to guide the younger generTion but instead the hollow stories of the west are greatly promoted wihich further more deteriates the lot !
Values , virtues are getting to be even taboos these days !
Hope some of those who still have the knowledge get their strength to do their best for the society .
shruthiravi thumbnail
@vipraja CGM will be a threat to many if taken properly with the script. It is a very inspirational story of Akhandh Bharath.
I was feeling very happy when I heard CGM is coming in SP post SKR till I know PH was Ekta. Else I would have been waiting to write another beautiful analysis for the show.

We have Kalidasa's classics which should be adapted in small screen for people to understand Indian literature. We had so many writers, so many kingdoms in India whose story should come out not by people like Ekta, but people who have taken Star MB or SKR so that the essence is kept, idea is kept of those stories.

Our culture has been degraded to saas-bahu. As a person who had followed Indian Literature pre-independence along with western literature I really feel sad our roots are ignored.
vipraja26 thumbnail
Sure agree on your comments wrt Ekta . I too wish it was either of the people you mentioned who take such a show .
Let's hope with the trend of success that these shows have created there would be more willing to bring in the works of our culture in the coming days .
Good luck to the likes of us for the better .

CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
While watching the episode I was thinking you will surely make a separate post 😊 
As usual a very beautiful post agree with each and every word you said👍🏼

I don't know about others but i personally liked this speech more than the previous one, not because of the dialogues, but the way he spoke, staying near the wanar sena, patting them, encouraging them.. That was a treat to watch.. As u said its not only knowledge but wealth and power blended together which leads to victory, and Lakshman and Sita are his wealth and power ... 

SKR team beautifully showed how Sita's prayers manifested as Ram's power and showed him the way to protect his vanar sena, i.e to pray to Lord Shiva and chant the mrityunjay mantra.. That scene literally gave me goosebumps, Ram praying to lord Shiva and making the Shivling, this time was much emotional than the ones we got before... The BGM was adding to the beauty o the scene...

Now waiting to see how they show Lakshman being his wealth during Sanjeevni episodes 

Edited by aditi97 - 7 years ago