Aswathama's Midnight Revenge

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

Aswathama,Kripa and Kritavarma sat round the dying Duryothan wailing bitterly at his pathetic state.They blamed Bheem for being unrighteous and merciless. Aswathama said." Yuvaraj. Please let me take revenge by killing the Panchalas and Pandavas.I would like to destroy them completely. Give me permission." Duryothan took water and sprinkled it on Aswathama." I entrust the responsibility of war to you. Please do me favour by wiping off the rivals.May God help you in your endeavour. I will breathe my last only after hearing the good news.

Meanwhile Yudhishtir sent Krishna to Dhritarashtra to console him and Gandhari who lost all her son's.
Krishna did his job well but hurried to get back to Pandavas as his instinct told him of the forthcoming massacre.
When he reached back Arjun expressed surprise." I thought you will come in the morning. Why did you trouble yourself at this odd  our of night?
Krishna pulled him out of the Sibir. Let us go to Samanta Panchak and spend the night there. Call your brothers.We can return in the morning after giving donations to Brahmin's there. It is essential to do such things to wipe off the sin of killing large number of people."
Shall I call the boys also? Arjun asked. Krishna nodded his head. Let them be here and have a peaceful sleep." Krishna's words sounded different. Thought Arjun. As they are about to start Kirti ran to Arjun and hugged him." Stay back Pitasri. Or I will come with you."
Sutasom pushed him back and said." We will together enjoy our victory . Let them go." Arjun walked back kissed his Kirti and said." Good night my son.Sleep well. You are tired."

It was past midnight. Aswathama kept Kripa and Kritavarma at the entrance of Pandava camp.He alone approached the main Sibir that belongs to the Chief commander of Pandavas. He saw before his eyes a terrible form draped in tiger skin and snakes over his body. He did not let him in. Aswathama  fought fiercely but all his Astras and weapons merged into that terrible form.
Aswathama also saw so many forms of Krishna floating around him. He then created a fire pit and prayed to Sankar Shiv." He distroyer of the universe. I am offering my soul to you as I am not able to accomplish my purpose." So saying Aswathama entered the fire but to his surprise the fire did not harm him.Then he saw Shiv Shankar before him. Shiv addressed him." Krishna satisfied me with his devotion and worship. There is no one dearer to me than him.On his behest I protected the Panchalas till now. But their life span came to an end. I allow you to enter inside and fulfill your purpose."

Shiv then gave Aswathama a terrible sword that looked like the noose of Yama himself. Aswathama felt gratified and entered the Sibir of Drishtdyumn who was sleeping peacefully.He landed on him and crushed him with his feet. Dhrisht opened his eyes and understood Aswathama's intention. He pleaded with him ." Kill me instantly. Take  your revenge." But Aswathama tortured him before finally cutting off his head. By that time the guards and others got up and tried to protest. Aswathama killed every one who came across mercilessly. When some tried to escape Kripa and Kritavarma shot arrows and killed them. Aswathama then reached the tent where Draupadi's  sons are sleeping. They woke up from sleep not knowing what is happening around.
Prativindhya was killed first and Sutasoma resisted Aswathama boldly. Aswathama killed him also and laughed with glee. Satanika took a wheel lying there and attacked Aswathama but Aswathama snatched that and killed him crushing him severely.
Kirti took his bow and remembered his brother Abhi. " Bhrata I am also Arjun's son. I won't succumb that soon." Kirti shot keen arrows on his rival who out powered him and killed him mercilessly.
Kirti fell down his beautiful face severed from his body."How would his mother survive!" That is the last thought that crossed his mind before he closed his eyes permanently.
After killing Sahadeva's son also Aswathama encountered Yudhamanyu and Uttamaujas the brave Panchala princes the chariot wheel protectors of the great Savyasachi.
But Aswathama suppressed them and killed them with his sword.
Even Sikhandi fell down dead crushed by that cruel Aswathama.
Soon the whole camp succumbed to Aswathama's fury. Kripa and Kritavarma killed many and then burnt the sibirs so that none could escape with life.
After successfully completing their  mission the three sinners approached Duryothan and informed him of their deed.Duryothan got a satisfied look on his face while breathing his last.
Even before dawn in the darkness of the last quarter of night Pandavas were informed about the Massacre by two soldiers who escaped Aswathama's ire. They said in a broken voice." Everything over Maharaj. No Panchal warrior remains alive. The royal princes were no more."
Yudhishtir swooned and fell down. Bheem took support of Nakul. Sahadev wept for the first time.
Arjun stood dazed . His vision blurred. Darkness pervaded all around. He lost his balance and stammered." Madhav...Krishna took him in tight embrace.He wiped his tears and said." Parth.." Arjun looked into his eyes and said in whisper." Madhav...Krishnaa.."

Edited by ltelidevara - 10 July 2016 at 7:21am

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
The eighteenth day of the battle got curtains down on the great Kurukshetra war. 
 With Duryothana fatally injured on his thighs ,the hope for Kauravas diminished and lost.
Bheem struck on the thighs of Duryothan that is against the rules of mace combat.
Balaram got furious and rushed towards Bheema to punish him.

Krishna defended Bheema and said. " Duryothan is a sinner who asked Draupadi to sit on his lap

Bheem took an oath to smash his thighs .So there is nothing wrong in killing Duryothan.

Balaram still couldn't reconcile but could not do anything and went off.

Aswathama,Kripa and Kritavarma sat round the dying Duryothan wailing bitterly at his pathetic state.They blamed Bheem for being unrighteous and merciless. Aswathama said." Yuvaraj. Please let me take revenge by killing the Panchalas and Pandavas.I would like to destroy them completely. Give me permission." Duryothan took water and sprinkled it on Aswathama." I entrust the responsibility of war to you. Please do me favour by wiping off the rivals.May God help you in your endeavour. I will breathe my last only after hearing the good news.

Meanwhile Yudhishtir sent Krishna to Dhritarashtra to console him and Gandhari who lost all her son's.
Krishna did his job well but hurried to get back to Pandavas as his instinct told him of the forthcoming massacre.
When he reached back Arjun expressed surprise." I thought you will come in the morning. Why did you trouble yourself at this odd  our of night?
Krishna pulled him out of the Sibir. Let us go to Samanta Panchak and spend the night there. Call your brothers.We can return in the morning after giving donations to Brahmin's there. It is essential to do such things to wipe off the sin of killing large number of people."
Shall I call the boys also? Arjun asked. Krishna nodded his head. Let them be here and have a peaceful sleep." Krishna's words sounded different. Thought Arjun. As they are about to start Kirti ran to Arjun and hugged him." Stay back Pitasri. Or I will come with you."
Sutasom pushed him back and said." We will together enjoy our victory . Let them go." Arjun walked back kissed his Kirti and said." Good night my son.Sleep well. You are tired."

It was past midnight. Aswathama kept Kripa and Kritavarma at the entrance of Pandava camp.He alone approached the main Sibir that belongs to the Chief commander of Pandavas. He saw before his eyes a terrible form draped in tiger skin and snakes over his body. He did not let him in. Aswathama  fought fiercely but all his Astras and weapons merged into that terrible form.
Aswathama also saw so many forms of Krishna floating around him. He then created a fire pit and prayed to Sankar Shiv." He distroyer of the universe. I am offering my soul to you as I am not able to accomplish my purpose." So saying Aswathama entered the fire but to his surprise the fire did not harm him.Then he saw Shiv Shankar before him. Shiv addressed him." Krishna satisfied me with his devotion and worship. There is no one dearer to me than him.On his behest I protected the Panchalas till now. But their life span came to an end. I allow you to enter inside and fulfill your purpose."

Shiv then gave Aswathama a terrible sword that looked like the noose of Yama himself. Aswathama felt gratified and entered the Sibir of Drishtdyumn who was sleeping peacefully.He landed on him and crushed him with his feet. Dhrisht opened his eyes and understood Aswathama's intention. He pleaded with him ." Kill me instantly. Take  your revenge." But Aswathama tortured him before finally cutting off his head. By that time the guards and others got up and tried to protest. Aswathama killed every one who came across mercilessly. When some tried to escape Kripa and Kritavarma shot arrows and killed them. Aswathama then reached the tent where Draupadi's  sons are sleeping. They woke up from sleep not knowing what is happening around.
Prativindhya was killed first and Sutasoma resisted Aswathama boldly. Aswathama killed him also and laughed with glee. Satanika took a wheel lying there and attacked Aswathama but Aswathama snatched that and killed him crushing him severely.
Kirti took his bow and remembered his brother Abhi. " Bhrata I am also Arjun's son. I won't succumb that soon." Kirti shot keen arrows on his rival who out powered him and killed him mercilessly.
Kirti fell down his beautiful face severed from his body."How would his mother survive!" That is the last thought that crossed his mind before he closed his eyes permanently.
After killing Sahadeva's son also Aswathama encountered Yudhamanyu and Uttamaujas the brave Panchala princes the chariot wheel protectors of the great Savyasachi.
But Aswathama suppressed them and killed them with his sword.
Even Sikhandi fell down dead crushed by that cruel Aswathama.
Soon the whole camp succumbed to Aswathama's fury. Kripa and Kritavarma killed many and then burnt the sibirs so that none could escape with life.
After successfully completing their  mission the three sinners approached Duryothan and informed him of their deed.Duryothan got a satisfied look on his face while breathing his last.
Even before dawn in the darkness of the last quarter of night Pandavas were informed about the Massacre by two soldiers who escaped Aswathama's ire. They said in a broken voice." Everything over Maharaj. No Panchal warrior remains alive. The royal princes were no more."
Yudhishtir swooned and fell down. Bheem took support of Nakul. Sahadev wept for the first time.
Arjun stood dazed . His vision blurred. Darkness pervaded all around. He lost his balance and stammered." Madhav...Krishna took him in tight embrace.He wiped his tears and said." Parth.." Arjun looked into his eyes and said in whisper." Madhav...Krishnaa.."

Edited by ltelidevara - 10 July 2016 at 7:21am
ltelidevara thumbnail
Panchali got into the chariot, She was agitated and confused.

Nakul whipped the horses violently and the chariot sped fast towards Kurukshetra.
Panchali wondered why she was summoned from Upaplavya so early in the morning.
Nakul did not reveal anything. He just said. " Eldest wanted you there."

As she was helped to get down she observed the camp partially distorted and burnt.She looked around and observed the premises that are devoid of soldiers. A dangerous silence greeted her when she walked through the path.

Inside the Royal tent she saw Eldest with his head on his hands. At his feet sat Bheem who is strangely having a sad look that is alien to him.
Sahadev is sitting at the right side of the king with closed eyes.
Panchali then looked around and found Krishna sitting on the asan with Arjun sitting at his feet,head resting on his lap. Krishna is softening his curls with concern. Arjun closed his eyes and the lines on his forehead made her understand the gravity of the situation.

" What happened? " She asked the question in general but she side glanced Krishna expecting an answer from him.
Bheema stood up approached her and placed his hands on her shoulders.Sahadev stood on her other side and took her inside.In the inner part of the room Panchali saw all her son's lying on the floor along with Dhrisht and Sikhandi.

Sahadev gave her an account of the way the massacre happened when they were away in Samanta Panchak.Bheem held her firm and said." Panchali hold yourself .Our victory snatched away our children from us.We also lost our dearest Senadhipati your brother who toiled hard for our victory. That wretched Guruputr  did this at night to gratify Duryothan.

Draupadi looked at her  five sons and brothers with disbelief.She sat on the ground and stammered " Bhrata why are you still sleeping? See your brother in law is waiting to discuss war strategies with you.
Please get up.
Prati let us go to your grand mother. Order your brothers to get ready.
Sutasom get up son. Your breakfast is ready we should go to your Grandmother.

Satanik why you are sleeping still?  Get your horse ready. You said you will be the first to reach Hastinapur.
Srutasen get up and be ready. You want to roam around Hastinapur. 

Kirti my child. See your mother came to you not to part with you again. 

Panchali  collapsed at their feet and swooned. Arjun looked at Krishna with anxiety.Krishna signalled him with his eyes to be bold.
Sahadev made her drink aushadhi and she got back her consciousness.
Panchali straightly asked Dharmaraj " Why were my sons left in the camp while you were away?" He did not answer.Bheem answered on his behalf." Panchali we never expected Aswathama will become such a monster.Otherwise we would never have left them behind."
Krishna softly addressed her." Kalyani. Fate is inevitable. I told you loss will be on both sides. Get over  your grief.We can't fight with destiny."
Panchali said in a desparate voice." Govind don't call me Kalyani. I am not suitable to bear that name."
She then reminisced the events of the night as told by Sahadev and shivered with grief and anger.
Yajnaseni approached Arjun and looked deeply into his eyes that  had tears .She then spoke to him as if in trance." Sarvasresht Dhanurdhar! I am relieving you of the burden of taking revenge on Aswathama. I know he is the son of your dearest GuruDron and you will never harm him even if he destroyed the light of our lives. Rest assured. Panchali wont persuade you to kill him."
Arjun looked with bewilderment. Panchali turned to Bheem" Arya Bheem I ask you to punish Aswathama. You killed many demons. You killed Kichak for my sake. Do me another favour. Go and punish Aswathama and bring the gem from his head.He should not escape having killed my innocent children.Till my wish is fulfilled I will sit in Prayopavesh. "

Bheem got up rolled his eyes in anger and before anyone could say anything rushed out pulling Nakul with him.In a split second the chariot with Bheem as the wartior sped off with Nakul as the driver.
Krishna got up in hurry and questioned Yudhishtir." Eldest You love Bheema most among your brothers. How could you allow him to get into fight with Aswathama who lost his sensibilities?You know what Aswathama has Brahmasira weapon. Bheem did not posess it. only Parth knows Brahmasir Bheem is in danger."
Arjun got up instantly. He is agitated. Bhrata Bheem should be saved at any cost. He took his Gandiv in his left hand and Krishna addressed Yudhishtir." i wiill tell you what this evil natured Aswathama did coming over to Dwaraka"

Edited by ltelidevara - 11 July 2016 at 6:51am
ltelidevara thumbnail
Nakul whipped the horses violently and the chariot sped fast towards Kurukshetra.
Panchali wondered why she was summoned from Upaplavya so early in the morning.
Nakul did not reveal anything. He just said. " Eldest wanted you there."

As she was helped to get down she observed the camp partially distorted and burnt.She looked around and observed the premises that are devoid of soldiers. A dangerous silence greeted her when she walked through the path.

Inside the Royal tent she saw Eldest with his head on his hands. At his feet sat Bheem who is strangely having a sad look that is alien to him.
Sahadev is sitting at the right side of the king with closed eyes.
Panchali then looked around and found Krishna sitting on the asan with Arjun sitting at his feet,head resting on his lap. Krishna is softening his curls with concern. Arjun closed his eyes and the lines on his forehead made her understand the gravity of the situation.

" What happened? " She asked the question in general but she side glanced Krishna expecting an answer from him.
Bheema stood up approached her and placed his hands on her shoulders.Sahadev stood on her other side and took her inside.In the inner part of the room Panchali saw all her son's lying on the floor along with Dhrisht and Sikhandi.

Sahadev gave her an account of the way the massacre happened when they were away in Samanta Panchak.Bheem held her firm and said." Panchali hold yourself .Our victory snatched away our children from us.We also lost our dearest Senadhipati your brother who toiled hard for our victory. That wretched Guruputr  did this at night to gratify Duryothan.

Draupadi looked at her  five sons and brothers with disbelief.She sat on the ground and stammered " Bhrata why are you still sleeping? See your brother in law is waiting to discuss war strategies with you.
Please get up.
Prati let us go to your grand mother. Order your brothers to get ready.
Sutasom get up son. Your breakfast is ready we should go to your Grandmother.

Satanik why you are sleeping still?  Get your horse ready. You said you will be the first to reach Hastinapur.
Srutasen get up and be ready. You want to roam around Hastinapur. 

Kirti my child. See your mother came to you not to part with you again. Let us complain to your Grandmother that Arya Bheem and Arjun are teasing you for being with me catching my Pallu " 

Panchali  collapsed at their feet and swooned. Arjun looked at Krishna with anxiety.Krishna signalled him with his eyes to be bold.
Sahadev made her drink aushadhi and she got back her consciousness.
Panchali straightly asked Dharmaraj " Why were my sons left in the camp while you were away?" He did not answer.Bheem answered on his behalf." Panchali we never expected Aswathama will become such a monster.Otherwise we would never have left them behind."
Krishna softly addressed her." Kalyani. Fate is inevitable. I told you loss will be on both sides. Get over  your grief.We can't fight with destiny."
Panchali said in a desparate voice." Govind don't call me Kalyani. I am not suitable to bear that name."
She then reminisced the events of the night as told by Sahadev and shivered with grief and anger.
Yajnaseni approached Arjun and looked deeply into his eyes that  had tears .She then spoke to him as if in trance." Sarvasresht Dhanurdhar! I am relieving you of the burden of taking revenge on Aswathama. I know he is the son of your dearest GuruDron and you will never harm him even if he destroyed the light of our lives. Rest assured. Panchali wont persuade you to kill him."
Arjun looked with bewilderment. Panchali turned to Bheem" Arya Bheem I ask you to punish Aswathama. You killed many demons. You killed Kichak for my sake. Do me another favour. Go and punish Aswathama and bring the gem from his head.He should not escape having killed my innocent children.Till my wish is fulfilled I will sit in Prayopavesh. "

Bheem got up rolled his eyes in anger and before anyone could say anything rushed out pulling Nakul with him.In a split second the chariot with Bheem as the wartior sped off with Nakul as the driver.
Krishna got up in hurry and questioned Yudhishtir." Eldest You love Bheema most among your brothers. How could you allow him to get into fight with Aswathama who lost his sensibilities?You know what Aswathama has Brahmasira weapon. Bheem did not posess it. only Parth knows Brahmasir Bheem is in danger."
Arjun got up instantly. He is agitated. Bhrata Bheem should be saved at any cost. He took his Gandiv in his left hand and Krishna addressed Yudhishtir." i wiill tell you what this evil natured Aswathama did coming over to Dwaraka"

Edited by ltelidevara - 11 July 2016 at 6:51am
ltelidevara thumbnail
Yudhishtir questioned." Why did Aswathama come to Dwaraka?"
Krishna elaborated." When you were in exile Aswathama came all the way to Dwaraka and enjoyed the hospitality of the Yadavas.
One day when I am alone walking by the seashore,he came to me and said." My father did severe penance and due to the grace of Agastya got the devastating Astra by name Brahmasira. No Astra can baffle the power of Brahmasira.My father graced it to me out of love. I want to exchange it with your Sudarsan chakr.I hope you accept my proposal.
Then I said." I don't want your Astra.I can give any one of these,my discus,bow,mace or dart.Whatever you can bear you are free to take." 
Aswathama choose Sudarsan without hesitation.I said." Take it."
Aswathama then tried hard to lift it but he can not even move it from the place it lay.
After a while Aswathama became frustrated and exerted.
Then I said." The third Pandav Arjun,the best among men who is the dearest person for me to whom there is nothing that I can not give,that hero who gratified Sankar Shiv himself that wielder of Gandiva never asked me my discus.My revered brother Balram or my son Pradyumn never asked for it.
But I want to ask you Aswathama why do you want this? Whom do you want to fight?"
Aswathama said." Taking Sudarsan from you I want to fight with you only. But I failed in my purpose. So I leave now."
That Aswathama is wicked,restless and cruel.He has Brahmasir. Bheemsena should be protected from him." Having said thus Krishna urged Arjun to hurry up.
Krishna,Arjun and Yudhishtir soon caught up with Bheem who is roaring like a lion.
They reached the banks of Ganga where they saw Ved Vyas sitting with sages around the sacrificial fire.Aswathama also is sitting with them in dirty attire with a dull face.On seeing Aswathama Bheema rolled his eyes and fixed a shaft on his bow.
Aswathama looked at Bheema and then he observed Arjun in Krishna's chariot. He got agitated and thought his time has arrived.
Then he thought of the Brahmasira the highest of celestial weapons. He took up a blade of grass with his left hand.He closed his eyes and inspired it with Brahmasira mantra.Then he hurled it saying " For the destruction Of The Pandavas" 
The blade of grass turned into terrible fire that looked capable to consume the three worlds.
Krishna immediately alerted Arjun." Parth.hurry up.You have to shoot your Brahmasira given to you by Guru Dron.Only your Brahmasira can neutralise Aswathama's Astra.Make it fast Parth. Protect yourself and your brothers."
Arjun closed his eyes and did Pranam to his Guru." Forgive me Gurudev. I am using the Astra as it is inevitable.He admitted sincerely.
Arjun took his Gandiv and got down from the chariot.He fixed a shaft on his bow.He bowed to Drona, Elders,Rishis and Krishna .He then wished good to Aswathama,to himself and to his brothers.Then he prayed for the welfare of the three worlds. He then inspired the shaft with Brahmasira mantra and hurled it with the words." Let Aswathama's Astra be neutralised with my Astra."
Arjun's Astra blazed up with fierce flames like the all destroying fire.Both the Astras blazed up in their spheres in the sky causing thunder like sounds and sparks flying around .The whole earth with its mountains ,waters and trees trembled.All the living creatures became inspired with great terror.
At Upaplavya Uttara got up with great fear. Subhadra looked at the sky that is illuminated with sparks of fire.She clasped Uttara and pacified her." Be calm Uttara. My brother is there to save us."

Panchali who sat in Prayopavesh shivered with fear. May be it is the end of everything. She thought.She looked at her son's and assured herself. " Nothing will bother you Yajnaseni Abhi had gone.His brothers followed him. Let everything merge in the Almighty.But where are you Arjun? 
Looks like your Gandiva thrummed with menace. You may fail me my Arjun. But Gandiv will never fail me." Yajnaseni had a smile of victory on her face.He will avenge the injustice.Panchali closed her eyes in meditation.
ltelidevara thumbnail
The Grand Father of Pandavas and Kauravas sage Ved Vyasa and Narada witnessed the fearful Astras that are released by both Arjun and Aswathama.They flew into the sky and stood in the middle of the blazing weapons.
They asked the Warriors." These weapons should not be shot on human beings.why did you two do such a rash act? Did you think of the consequences that the whole creation have to face because of this act of yours?"
On seeing the great sages Arjun felt bad. He joined his hands and said." The purpose of my Astra is to neutralise Aswathama's weapon.If I withdraw my weapon Aswathama's weapon will consume all of us.You are Devine.Think of some means to save us and the three worlds also." 

Having said so Dhananjaya withdrew his weapon.It is highly difficult even for the gods to withdraw that powerful Astra.None can do that not even Indra.Once let off no one without purity of heart can accomplish that difficult feat.Only the person who practiced severe austerities can do that. Otherwise it will kill the person himself who hurled it.
Arjun never used it not even in grave situations.He is a great hero possessed self control and obedient towards elders.Because of all these virtues he was able to take back his Astra.
Krishna looked at his Parth endearingly. How self less he is. Even though his life and his brother's lives are at stake he did not waver from his principles.He then looked at Ved Vyasa indicating him to tackle the matter with utmost care. The future of Aryavarth depends upon how this danger can be averted,

Aswathama saw the sages and shivered with fear. It is not possible for him to withdraw his weapon. He is not Arjun who so easily took back his devastating weapon.
He became cheerless and admitted." On seeing the Pandavas I was terrified.Bheema killed Duryothan in an unrighteous manner.So I wanted to kill him.I repeat my Astra will surely take away the lives of Pandavas.I agree my act is outrageous .Sinful. Still Pandavas should die."

Vyasa admonished him." Arjun also possessed Brahmasir. But he used it only to baffle your Astra.On our word he immediately withdrew it. He never desisted from Kshatriya duties.He is calm composed and honest.There is no Astra that is not known to him. Still he is so humble.Why do you want to kill such a gem of a person with his brothers?If his Astra baffles yours a severe drought will happen in the whole region.Knowing this Arjuna avoided baffling your weapon.Now try and take back your weapon. Save the world. Save the Kingdom. Save the Pandavas. Save yourself."
ltelidevara thumbnail
Aswathama said." This gem is more valuable than all the wealth of Kuruvamsh.If one wears this there won't be any hunger or fear from rivals. But still I will offer it to Pandavas because of your word.
I can't withdraw Brahmasir. I am not able to do it.So I will throw this weapon on the wombs of Pandava women.I have no other option."
Vyasa said." Do it quickly.Stand by your word."
Aswathama immediately directed his Astra towards the wombs of Pandava women.
Krishna frowned and said." I know your intention. Your target is Ofcourse Uttara who is about to give birth to Abhimanyu's son.You know what? A pious Brahmin came to Upaplavya and blessed Uttara.thus." The whole Kuru line will be wiped off. But your son will flourish and continue the dynasty." The Brahmin's word  will become true. The line of Pandavas shall continue with Arjun's grandson. Mark my word." 
Aswathama had a wicked smile on his face. He said." Keshav,I know your partiality for Pandavas. But my Astra will never become futile. It will destroy the unborn child of Uttara."
Krishna stressed in his Devine voice." Let your Astra kill the unborn child. But I promise he will become alive again.He will reign supreme and rule Hastinapur for a long time.
Now I will declare your fate. You are a sinner.You are the slayer of children.You should be punished for this.3000 years you will roam around without a companion on the earth.You wretch you have no place among normal people.Your whole body will be effected by diseases and blood and pus flow from your body.You will live in inaccessible forests and hilly areas far away from people.There is no Mukti for you You will roam around with diseases.
Parikshit will rule the earth for sixty years victoriously.And you will see him as the emperor of Kurus.
You are revengeful. Wicked. Aswathama you are proud of the power of your Astra.Though Arjun's grandson will be burnt by the Astra I will revive him. I pledge on the power of my austerities and my love for dharma.
Vyasa nodded his head in approval and said." Krishna's words will definitely become true."

Aswathama gave away the gem and proceeded to far away forests cheerlessly.
Pandavas and Krishna approached Draupadi and gave her the gem.
Draupadi gave the gem to Yudhishtir.

Edited by ltelidevara - 15 July 2016 at 7:12am
ltelidevara thumbnail
Note: Please go to Aswathama's Midnight Revenge for further story.
By mistake I posted the topic in two places. Sorry for inconvenience.
ltelidevara thumbnail
To begin with I did a double post with the title" Aswathama's Down Fall" by mistake. I will delete that but sorry for inconvenience.
I don't know if SPK makers will show this part or not. But if they show it they will definitely distort that to the maximum and create their own story.
Obviously Arjun's glory will be downplayed as they always did. 
My   frustration levels reached the peaks as they showed Arjun inferior even to Salya.
So I was adamant to post this crucial incident that took place as per the Epic.
The source Ofcourse is KMG and BORI.

I hope those who want to know what happened exactly will go through this and realise.

Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice information lakshmi didi ðŸ˜ƒ