Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SuPeRNaTuRaLs- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Moony87

Hello.. I'm new here.. I had seen few initial episodes on Sony karna and was so devastated that I came to this forum only when I got so happy hearing about this show's end.

I'm a huge huge Karna fan but I'd like to politely disagree with you.
See, the thing is Arjun was the greatest archer at that time. No doubt, he didn't have to cut his thumb or was turned down by anyone. If caste system was not so prevalent at that time, his position would have been more debatable. But despite the fact that karna was parshuram student, Arjun had a great competitor and he won the final battle.

Also, over the years, a lot of things from the epic has been altered. Sony karna being the worst of them. Karna was not the greatest.  Come on.

Mahabharata is not so straight forward like it is being portrayed these days. Almost every one died unfairly. Because they all belonged to the same family and were more or less of equal valor. If such means were not used, I bet none of the characters would die and the war would go on till eternity.

For Karna, I love this character for his extremely different personalities in a same man. It's closest to our times. You feel so many emotions for the one person. Pain for being left out by his own mother, ridiculed by everyone for being a soot, cursed for not breaking his teacher's sleep.

Let's not forget, Karna had his own share of sinful deeds. He did some really vile things. And that makes you Hate him also. He was indeed consumed with the idea of defeating Arjun, probably because he saw that as an ultimate idea of being accepted. That because arjun is so celebrated and if I defeated him, I'll get my due respect.

His friendship with Duryodhan is like a double edged sword. You can applaud karna for keeping up his friendship or debts, till the end. That's some fierce loyalty in there. At the same time, he needed to take his friend on the right path. His words for draupadi are despicable. At the same time, his charitability stands out.

Hence, over the years this character took the lime light for being so grey and baffling. But he was not the greatest warrior. Come on. He was defeated a lot of times. He might have also won a lot of times. But he is more known for his loyalty, friendship and charitability.

And because of these qualities, he was ultimately send to the heaven. I think over the years, karna got his due recognition from people of modern times, but frankly, they are white washing him now. He had flaws, charitable heart, fierceness, glow and giving streak of his father, a lot of pain in his heart, anger, jealousy, revenge streak ( draupadi event), evil deeds, loyalty and a fighting spirit. He doesn't need to be glorified like what they are doing in Sony show. He was a dicy character. And that's the beauty of it. Dicy just like humans. We care for our frenz and sometimes we get so blind that we are fine with whatever they do. We hate the ones who hurt our prides. So much that we would go notches ahead to hurt them more. It's very much around us everyday, hence Karna became more relatable for today's generation. But this is pure white washing what's happening in latest renditions.

I'm not a huge fan of Arjun but we can't take the glory away from him. He worked hard and had earned it. ðŸ˜Š

oh wow i came after so long and saw a viewbie note ðŸ˜†

anyways coming to ur post...i see alot of negativity abt Karan in this forum...i dont know the reason but i guess mostly Arjun fans hate Karan which kinda make sense...but lets not forget that this show was about Karan so obviously he will b the hero here...i dont think u shud b shocked to see that...it happens in all shows
i agree with ur point that Karan was white-washed in this show which is not true...Karan was a grey character...even Duryodhan had some good things in him and wasnt completely evil...i like Pandavas too but i dont believe they were better than all those ppl they killed...its only and only Krishna's support which made them win and nothing else...i wud have accepted Arjun as a great warrior if he had faught the war himself...even Krishna knew pandavas cant win the war without his help, thats why he was there..