Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Congrats to him! I'm not fond of him as an actor, but I like that he chose this route to have a child rather than through sham relationship. Says a lot about him
Carpe_diem thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Good to read about this...men used to and still do marry only to have kids..so this is a step towards getting to become a parent without the hassles of a loveless marriage..

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
congrats to tussar !

i was never a fan of him but today he won me !
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Why's everyone applauding Tushar Kapoor? Didn't SRK and Aamir do the same with their third child? 
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Congrats !! 
I am so happy for him that he decided to take the honest way out and become a father. Kudos to his parents too who did not force him to get married and produce a heir thereby spoiling a girl's life. Tusshar could have used his money and influence and hidden behind that. This is more significant than just the birth of the baby in terms of people living honest lives that too in BW where married men hide behind their wives while having affair after affair to protect an image. Once again congrats !!!
Edited by Justmoi - 7 years ago
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Iconoclast.

Why's everyone applauding Tushar Kapoor? Didn't SRK and Aamir do the same with their third child? 

Tusshar Kapoor is most likely gay. He did not marry to produce a heir and spoil a girl's life nor did his parents force him to do so. It is a very honest and mature decision and IMO ground breaking in so public a family. That is why it is significant. 

ETA: changed to likely gay instead of gay though I will admit he has always set my gaydar off and this act more or less confirms it for me.
Edited by Justmoi - 7 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
IC: It's long been rumoured that both the Kapoor kids are gay. I reckon people are applauding the honesty behind the action, more than the fact that Tushar had a son through IVF.. Lots of celebrities *in* marriages have done that, Ofc, but no-one from BW has had one while (purportedly) being single. He could very very easily have had himself married off to some upcoming actress with the consequent benefits to both, he could've led his own life on the side, and she, her own. It's a very organic reaction/result of the societal shaming that most single people receive in India forget about one who is said to be gay.

But he didn't do this & instead, has proudly announced it to the world. I think that shows a lot of guts, gay or not.. It's a significant step & I think Tushar should be praised a lot for it. And as someone very rightly said, he seems to be receiving loving support from his parents which is again, wonderful! If they didn't support this decision, it wouldn't have had as much impact as it has on this forum & in the real world.Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 7 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I'm impressed that Tusshar chose to become a single parent. Hopefully, it changes some views about parenthood in India. 
On a side note, I just wish people looked towards adoption more than IVF. I know the need to have one's own child is overwhelming. However, adoption is richly rewarding in its own way. If you want kids but are single or cannot conceive - please consider adoption. Even if you are committed and can conceive - give adoption a shot. There are too many unwanted little ones in the world. 
raj80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bips

This. I always wonder why is it so necessary to share genes. Its a child. If you want a child, you should be able to love any child.

But then my mom says that when i have children of my own then i'll understand - so i'll reserve judgement as I am speaking from only a theoretical pov rather than from any personal desire for a child. Maybe it makes a difference ? Who knows ?

I understand that for those who want to stay single...but there r many stars who r married and have kids still they opt for surrogacy for another child I don't get it...as u said may be their personal desire...
I plan to do this since Im not interested in marriage. But my first preference would be adopting a kid and giving them a good home instead. But as of right now there is too much red tape and difficulties for adoption.