Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-ajna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Congratulations  Tushar & the family. 

The world as we knew it is changing fast. 

The headline of this news article bothers me. Proud father of a baby boy? Would he be less proud if it was a baby girl Mr Editor? ðŸ˜³
Congrats Tushar n Kapoor Family...
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

IC: It's long been rumoured that both the Kapoor kids are gay. I reckon people are applauding the Hornsby behind the action, more than the fact that Tushar had a son through IVF.. Lots of celebrities *in* marriages have done that, Ofc, but no-one from BW has had one while (purportedly) being single. He could very very easily have had himself married off to some upcoming actress with the consequent benefits to both, he could've led his own life on the side, and she, her own. It's a very organic reaction/result of the societal shaming that most single people receive in India forget about one who is said to be gay.

But he didn't do this & instead, had proudly announced it to the world. I think that shows a much gutsiness, gay or not.. It's a significant step & I think Tushar should be praised a lot for it. And as someone every rightly said, he seems to be receiving loving support from his so rents which is again, wonderful! If they didn't support this decision, it wouldn't have had as much impact as it has on this forum.

If it was adoption, I would've applauded. Surrogacy is just something most people with money prefer these days for various reasons.

I don't know if he's gay. It's a private matter. Nobody needs to come out to the world if they're uncomfortable. The society that Karan Johar and Tushar belong to readily accept 'em. There are many open and out in their world. It's the middle class that finds it hard. Even then we've Onir and Rituparno Ghosh. 
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Congo to him !
Kudos to him for taking this route
adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Iconoclast.

Why's everyone applauding Tushar Kapoor? Didn't SRK and Aamir do the same with their third child? 

in their case I think the mother was also their wives.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I wish people would stop guessing about his sexuality and could appreciate his guts regardless of his sexual orientation.. because regardless of him being hetero/homo/bisexual, this is quite amazing. Kudos to him! May there be more like him.
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

I wish people would stop guessing about his sexuality and could appreciate his guts regardless of his sexual orientation.. because regardless of him being hetero/homo/bisexual, this is quite amazing. Kudos to him! May there be more like him.

Respectfully disagree about appreciating his guts regardless of guessing his sexual orientation. For me personally it is significant because even in the US people have hidden their sexuality and married and they have either cheated their partners and even when they came out later, it has devastated families because the wives and children were left to pick up the pieces. So it is quite amazing that he did this and it is more amazing to me because many people may guess he is gay (true or not) and if this powerful, public family supports him in this way, who knows it may inspire someone, somewhere to live life more authentically and quite possibly even save a girl from being married to a person pretending to be straight. 

I fully recognize I am only guessing his sexuality but it is significant enough for me to be really happy about that being a possibility. 
Mistyy thumbnail
That's amazing, congrats to him !
subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ponymo

+1
congrats to him and family