||TwiNj SS : When Mr Sarna Met Miss Taneja|| Chapter 4/Page 12

FoodSmuggler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
K, I finally did it πŸ˜†. This is just a random idea that came to my mind and K here suggested that I act upon it. So here I am with this new fic, hope it works out for you, if it doesn't then find K and blame her. πŸ˜†

Chapter 1 : Being Blindsided 

It was a typical morning at the Sarna household. Mahonar Sarna and his elder son were busy discussing about work even though they had been told not to bring work home. Usha Sarna was in the kitchen, busy prepping for breakfast while her daughter in law tried to get her grandson to finish his glass of milk, albeit unsuccessfully. 
It was a general rule in the household that, the family would have their breakfasts and dinners together unless under exceptional circumstances. As usual everyone was gathered around the table, engaging in a cheerful banter. 

Usha looked over at her elder son while serving everyone gracious portions of the dishes she had put up. Anand, her elder son was happily married and had a kid of his own. Seeing him happy with his family gave Usha a sense of happiness as she knew he would have someone to lean on even in her absence. Being the doting mother she is, she had made it a point to let her sons have the freedom of choosing their own life parterns. Her husband, being his busy self, was away most of the time but he made sure to chip in and help her manage the house whenever time permitted. 
Anand had chosen Nikki for him and since she came from a family that was acceptable to the Sarnas, their alliance was not objected too. She was happy to see him content.

That brought her to her younger son, Kunj. Kunj was more of the shy kind who wouldn't open up easily to someone. He was her ideal son, who had a knack of making everyone happy. He was a simple, and hardworking boy with a charming demeanor. He always thought of other's before him, something that worked against him at times. Usha worried for him, he was too shy for his own good and was still single. Unlike his older sibling, he had chosen to not follow his father's footsteps and join the family business. Usha hoped that he would find someone really soon and get settled in life. 

Lost in her own thoughts, she was brought back to her senses when Nikki offered her a glass of juice. She quickly looked around the table only to have her eyes meet that of her younger son's. Manohar had discussed with her about a prospective alliance being proposed for Kunj. It was from the Taneja's. They were one of Amritsar's affluent families and had businesses across the state. Usha had suggests Manohar not pursue it further unless they get a positive nod from Kunj. She saw this as the perfect chance to get to understand what Kunj was looking for and decided to have the talk with him. 
She nudged Manohar, directing him to bring the topic up which her husband obliged to.

"So Kunj, the Taneja's have spoken to me about an alliance for you." Manohar spoke up rather abruptly

Usha could sense the tension build up in Kunj. His expressions clearly gave away as to how uncomfortable he was. She smiled to reassure him that this wasn't a serious discussion. 

"Kunj, who you marry is completely your choice, we don't want to decide for you but people have been inquiring about it for a long time now. Do you have anyone in mind we should know of?" She added seeing him calm down.

"Maa, I don't have any plans and neither do i have my heart set on someone." Kunj's spoke cutting through the silence that fell in the room.

"In that case meet with this girl, she is perfect for you." Manohar added trying to talk his son into meeting this girl

"Dad, I just don't see myself settling down this soon, I have a lot on my plate right now. We have just moved and I need to make a mark for myself." Kunj groaned a little, expressing his displeasure over the turn of events.

"Kunj beta, there is no compulsion but just meet her once." Usha added

"I don't mind meeting people maa, but they have to be on the same page as me. I don't believe a rich girl using her connections to influence her alliance is the best choice for me." Kunj was now desperate to end this already awkward conversation

"Just have lunch with her sometime, for my sake. I am your mom, and I only want your happinesse." Usha said, hoping that her son would give in

"Fine. Just one lunch and that's it." Kunj said with a straight face. He couldn't believe he let Usha play him with the 'mom card' 

"I'll inform the Taneja's right away then." Added Manohar making Kunj jump a little. 

"This is just gonna blow up in everyone's face." Kunj thought to himself while perparing himself for an awkward date, that was to follow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that day

It was the night before Kunj's blind date with Miss Taneja and nothing was stirring in the Sarna house, except for Kunj that is. Kunj wasn't able to sleep. Ordinarily he would be all snuggled up in bed by now, but not tonight. Tonight he was pacing the floor nervously alternating between chewing on his lower lip and his finger nails

"I cannot believe this is happening to me, how could I get blindsided like this? Tomorrow i have to go to lunch with a rich spoilt brat, who probably thinks that the world revolves around her. What have i done?" Thoughts like this kept pushing his blood pressure notches higher. 

" Kunj, calm down! Just a lunch. It will be over soon. Breathe!" He tried to compose himself. " Maybe i should talk to bhaiyya about it. He'll help me out."

Anand was in the study, when Kunj knocked on the door,"Ah Kunj! Come on in"
Kunj just walked in with a weird look on his face and made himself comfortable in the chair next to Anand's. 

"You seem a little tensed. What's bothering you?" Anand asked with a smile on his face

There was silence in the room. 

"Tell me Kunj. Is it about mom and dad trying to hook you up?" Anand probed further. 

Kunj never did get a chance to answer his question, because they suddenly found themselves in the center of another family crisis. Anand's 7 year old son Ishaan, apparently under the notion that his bangs were too long and making him look too girly, and without the use of a mirror mind you, had taken a pair of scissors and given himself a new haircut.  

"Do you have any idea what your son just did?!" said Nikki as she stormed into the room.

"No. What did my son do?" asked Anand

Kunj had to laugh at brother's effort at sarcasm, but he understood where he was coming from. If Ishaan had just graduated from medical school, Nikki would have been going around introducing him as her son the doctor. But since he had done something really stupid, he suddenly became Anand's son.

"Ishu just cut lots of his hair off", fumed Nikki.

Anand and Kunj followed Nikki into Ishaan's room. There he was busy coloring, oblivious to the rise he had caused in his mother's blood pressure. Kunj stared at Ishaan, trying hard to not to laugh out loud. He was probably not the first 7 year old to suffer from self afflicted male pattern baldness.

"uh-huh", said Anand, as he tried to control a smile.

"So that's it? That's all you're going to do?" demanded Nikki. "This is not done Anand.  Sometimes I feel like a single parent".

"Well what do you want me to do?" Anand asked in bewilderment. "He's cut the hair off already. Do you want me to wrap it in ice and race it to the hospital to see if they can do an emergency weave?"

"That's gonna come and bite him in the back for sure." Thought Kunj, still trying to stiffle his laughter at the sudden turn of events in his house.

"No. But I do think you should have a conversation with him", insisted Nikki. "Maybe you can get through to him."

Kunj was wondering why women always think having conversations is the solution to everything, when Anand came up with a better idea.

"I think I'll do something better than that", he said. "I'll take him down to the salon.  There's one I know that's open late. They'll even out his hair from all sides. At least he won't be made fun of at school tomorrow".

"Donald Trump!! That's who Ishaan looks like with his current hairstyle" thought Kunj, lucky for him he didn't say it out loud. 

"Good idea", agreed Nikki.

As Nikki and Anand went to get his wallet and car keys, Kunj came and sat next to Ishaan.

"Ishu?" Kunj said.

"Yes Chaachu?" he answered.

"Don't do stuff like that man. Your hair looks stupid", Kunj said.

"But I like it like this", he said.

"Oh you like it do you? Well then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it", Kunj said ruffling what remained of his hair. Just then his parents returned. "So is that clear?!" Kunj stood up and said in a gruff tone.

"Yes Chaachu", Ishu grinned.

"Good and don't do it again. Its silly" Kunj added for emphasis.

"Thanks Kunj", said Nikki giving Anand a glare. "At least someone around here understands what I have to go through daily".

Kunj gave Nikki a weak smile, and watched her drag Ishaan out the door. Of course next week Ishaan will probably get into homemade tattoos and blame the whole thing on Kunj but for the time being he was his bhabhi's hero. A hero who still didn't know how to get out of his blind date. And now Anand was gone too. 

"Maybe I can invite her back to meet my crazy family. That oughta scare her away." kunj was reaching new hights of desperation now. " Don't worry Kunj, it's just a date and you'll get through it." 

So that's it for now. Tell me what you thought about this part. I know its not that great but criticism is welcome. Also, if you wanna throw something then i suggest you aim them at K, unless it's something nice πŸ˜†

Edited by MaliciousAngel - 7 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FoodSmuggler thumbnail
Jambread3 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
YAYYY! 
Finally you did it,I was wondering kitna time you will take πŸ˜†
okay so firstly yes guys,though I'm damn sure there wont be any reason for you guys to throw things but if you guys want to,I shall take it πŸ€£
I love love love the plot A,it's really amazing.
The conversation between Anand,Nikki and Kunj was so funny πŸ˜† and Ishaan chopping off his hair πŸ˜†
You continue soon or else I'll kill you! 
I'm too much engrossed in this already so don't you dare leave it midway 
I enjoyed every bit of this chapter β€οΈ
Continue soon homie πŸ€—
FoodSmuggler thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jambread3

YAYYY! 

Finally you did it,I was wondering kitna time you will take πŸ˜†
okay so firstly yes guys,though I'm damn sure there wont be any reason for you guys to throw things but if you guys want to,I shall take it πŸ€£
I love love love the plot A,it's really amazing.
The conversation between Anand,Nikki and Kunj was so funny πŸ˜† and Ishaan chopping off his hair πŸ˜†
You continue soon or else I'll kill you! 
I'm too much engrossed in this already so don't you dare leave it midway 
I enjoyed every bit of this chapter β€οΈ
Continue soon homie πŸ€—

I finally did it, all thanks to our long chat last night πŸ˜†
Nice things thrown at you will be mine okay? 
Thank you so much K, i am so glad u liked this cinsidering how i wrote this for you. You can be very persuasive man πŸ˜‰
I miss the little dude in the show, wanted him back. He is gonna be so much fun 
Dhamki hai kya? I'm Agent A remember? 
Hopefully, i won't leave this one mid way,
Thank you so much K
Love you more β€οΈ
Shaveerkti thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice one...Agent A...
KUNJ. ...
Update soonish...
Sdea thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Did i just read ishaans hair looks like DONALD TRUMP. Oh my God  i died laughing at that one.🀣
Totally crazy family it is. Nikki for a change is positive and i love that.
So Sarna is meeting Taneja on a blind date. Thats going to be fun😳
Really interesting start. Looking forward to the next update.

FoodSmuggler thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaveerkti

Nice one...Agent A...
KUNJ. ...
Update soonish...

Thank you shavs 
Hopefully, will continue soonπŸ˜†
FoodSmuggler thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sdea

Did i just read ishaans hair looks like DONALD TRUMP. Oh my God  i died laughing at that one.🀣

Totally crazy family it is. Nikki for a change is positive and i love that.
So Sarna is meeting Taneja on a blind date. Thats going to be fun😳
Really interesting start. Looking forward to the next update.

You betcha Sammy 
Donald Trumps's hair is so weird. Its like he Velcroed a dead cat to his head πŸ€£
It's going to be very interesting
Hope i can post it soon. 
adi_FMT_ct thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
A big res Athira.
I will be back.
Unreswas
At first I want to blame at K for making this post by A.πŸ˜ƒ
Beautiful Start.
Please Continue. β­οΈ
Edited by sa86 - 7 years ago
neverlandspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Dude!!!!!
This is so AMAZING!!
I am already head over heels for this story and this is just the first chapter!
I loved the characterizations so very much! Usha and Manohar being good and normal is just a cherry on top!
Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter!

Did I mention I love this story already

And ISHU!!!!!!!! YAaayyyπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ