Hrithik Roshan to star in the remake of Mithun Chakraborty's 'Disco Da

Posted: 7 years ago

"Disco Dancer" spring-boarded yesteryear actor Mithun Chakraborty to stardom, making him the ultimate dancing superstar. The actor had fans swooning over his trademark moves.

A little over three decades later, the 1982 classic is getting a sequel, which may have Hrithik Roshan in the lead (at least that is what the makers are thinking), reportedSpotboyE. Director Babbar Subhash confirmed the news.

"Yes, that's right. I didn't meet Hrithik but did approach his dad, Rakesh Roshan. When I narrated the story concept, with some updated elements, he gave me a blank look. He didn't say 'yes' or 'no'. He just didn't get back," he told the entertainment portal.

"Disco Dancer" gave Mithun a massive fan following. Apparently, Russians received the film really well and every time he visited Moscow, he was mobbed.

Hrithik is a gifted dancer, but strangely hasn't done an out-and-out dance film. If Hrithik agrees to come on board, it would his first from the genre.

Apparently, actor Prashant Rai had expressed an interest in a role in the remake, but Subhash believes that it's tough to arrange for funds for a film that doesn't have a "marketable hero." "It is not possible to raise finance for a film which doesn't have a marketable hero. This is an unhealthy trend set by the corporates," he further elaborated.

In other news, Hrithik is currently juggling two projects " "Mohenjo Daro" and "Kaabil." The former is nearing release date " Aug. 12 " which means promotions are underway, not aggressively though. The other film is current being filmed.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/mohenjo-daro-actor-hrithik-roshan-star-remake-mithun-chakrabortys-disco-dancer-683108

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hrithik full fledged dancing movie, yes yes yes.

Seriously call me stupid but I would sacrifice watching all booty shaking of Katrina, for Hrithik's dancing. He looks that cool while dancing.
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
not happening 

i do not support making remakes, so yes i hope its a no. But the biased fan wnats to see HR dancing in every frame of the movie.😆

Originally posted by: Love_Katty_24-7

Hrithik full fledged dancing movie, yes yes yes.

Seriously call me stupid but I would sacrifice watching all booty shaking of Katrina, for Hrithik's dancing. He looks that cool while dancing.

i agree, its just he does not dance much in his films , bang bang was a joy because of his dance moves. I so want him to do a full fledged dance movie , but not a remake actually.
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
"Yes, that's right. I didn't meet Hrithik but did approach his dad, Rakesh Roshan. When I narrated the story concept, with some updated elements, he gave me a blank look. He didn't say 'yes' or 'no'. He just didn't get back," he told the entertainment portal.
😳
anam10 thumbnail
Wish HR did ABCD series of movie , not a remake of Disco Dancer. 

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Yes, that's right. I didn't meet Hrithik but did approach his dad, Rakesh Roshan. When I narrated the story concept, with some updated elements, he gave me a blank look. He didn't say 'yes' or 'no'. He just didn't get back," he told the entertainment portal.
+++

Ab isse bada kya proof chahiye that HR is not doing your movie ðŸ˜†
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Hrithik should do ABCD3 while he still can!
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG ! One of my absolute favorite guilty pleasure movies remade for one of my most favorite dancers. I love this idea !!