Does Shravan love Sumo. Really? - Page 3

Posted: 7 years ago

@WHY does she have to bring the two together, RIGHT NOW? it is not a very opportune moment. And I have said this earlier, but to interfere in another personal matter in such a manner, without forethought, without forewarning, to catch someone unawares and spring such a significant issue cannot be a virtue. Ofcourse her intentions were good, her heart was in the right place, but she was totally out of line. She meddled and get entangled in a web of her own making. What she did is, in my opinion, melo dramatic and wrong and its not something I would do. 

Beagle, πŸ‘... Word... 

I beg to slightly differ here. 
I think both of them love each other equally - No questions asked.  Yes when Shravan came back from London he had hidden agendas and he even fulfilled them by insulting Sumo because of what she did to him in childhood. But thereafter he always tried to be a great supportive friend to Sumo. He stood by her in the property case, spent all the quality time with her, in a way he totally forgot what all bitterness had brewed between them 10 years ago. But until this was about being her friend it was all fine. But when it came to loving her, his fears overtook. And I don't think it was an unnatural reaction. His friend Sumo was back and he loved her friendship but letting himself into another round of one-sided love was something that scared the hell out of him.  He tried to avoid her but didn't stop caring. When she was hurt he ensured she got lift in his car, he ensured she visited the doc etc. 

Even now I think his reason to be angry on her are pretty valid. I don't think here Sumo has been wrong too as whatever she did was for his sake but we got to understand that a persons perspective cannot change in a second. Shravan for years has been solely dependent only on his father for any sort of emotional need. His father has been his only family and support system so he ought to be unconditionally loyal to him. And thus we will all agree that Sumo too needed to be much more sensitive while dealing with this issue specially when she had prior knowledge about his sensitivity towards his dad. But again this is not about blaming, this is about accepting them as flawed characters.

Just like Sumo, even Shravan has his own set of flaws. Even per psychology most of the kids whose parents have separated often grow up to be difficult individuals and their partners have to be extra sensitive to them. For example, If we take Suman here, till the time it won't be about PCT, she will probably run behind Sharvan but as soon as it comes to PCT (something she totally relates to her mother)...she too will leave no stone unturned to show him her angst. She too will doubt his love and in this case even his credibility as a person if she thinks that he was involved in demolishing PCT.

Thus at the end I would just say that this is not about whose love is less or more...this is about two individuals who are flawed and have their respective share of soft spots. 

PS As for Shra being rude to her/shouting on her I think thats some thing which even I dont like but sadly most of the soap directors feel that a man's only way to show his pain/fear/insecurity or any emotion is through anger ( which though is true for 90% men in real) but still I would hope that changes someday.
Btw I am sure Sharvan will think about his actions or what all she did to get his trust (the terrace thing) later...But his blind love for his father/hatred for his mother might not let those good moments effect his pov abt Sumo...atleast for the time being. 
Lets put it that way, 
Shravan is a very good friend. He will do anything for the friendship n to help his friend in question...

But loving part is complicated. The guy till date has been thinking that he has moved on , where he had never ... he was acting like a jerk no doubt but that was because he was not accepting the fact that he has never moved on... πŸ˜† something made him realize that he had not... 

Coming to nirmala part... yes Whenever it was to happen, it wud hv been with bitterness and same amount of hurt n blah .. but lets just say it was also quite rushed n can i say a bit insensitive towards Sumo's part to just bring her infront of the child who has been hating her since 10 yrs, n if she thought that it cud hv helped it was wrong... Going by what Shravan beleived, even if RN had not come there, he wud hv reacted like that / Spoke ill of her n wudnt hv beleive Nirmala or Sumo. Because the hatred of 10 yrs cud not go in a dramatic moment just like that .. 

Can i say that the writers have seriously written a brilliant sequence and have brought forth the right emotions from everyone. As it was expected ... 

He did say "agar tumhari jaga koi aur hota" that was quite a revelation enough ...  he gave her this leverage, not cz she was a dear friend but cz he loved her... 

And that i hate you is not from the heart lol, he cud pretend it but thats not the truth and he n audience both know it πŸ˜†

Not trying to advocate what Shravan has done ... but im just saying that u agree that An Adult Shravan as a lover has not yet proved his worth ... n that is because its just 1 day , he has just realized his love ... n it will take some time to defeat the ghosts of pasts for a newly found love... and thats quite reality like as well... in real life too. We'll not go against the father who we think has done so much for us for love just in a matter of few hours ... right 

Love takes its time to settle and unsettle others πŸ˜†
Originally posted by -Amri-

I have always identified with Sumo. Come on, she is just like any of us here. Independent, educated. With opinions and convictions of her own. An identity of her own.

She is actually my favorite character, and the main reason why I watch the show.

However, today, I think unilaterally all of us felt bad for Shravan because it was sad to see him manipulated by his own dad.

I totally get what you're saying about being biased towards the male protagonist on account of his appearance. I have seen it myself in other fora too, where fangirls will support every action of the hero, be it right or wrong.

But today, i did objectively feel that Sumo was rash- not in her thought processes, but her actions. Her impulsiveness and impetuosity have always been her downfall. 

But I love seeing her this way, because it is her personality trait. She is not a perfect "angel of the house", as is the case with most TV heroines these days. She has flaws, and that makes her so real. And relatable.

I totally agree about the part that Suman always has to walk on eggshells around Shrav. But that, i guess, is part of the template- right from Elizabeth/Darcy- to all the Mills and Boons written to this day- the hero is the dashing, tempestuous figure, a brooding, sullen, and unapproachable personality. And ultimately it is the heroine who wins him over and transforms him with her wit, her love and her patience.

It might be an unfair template- but it always works. Just look at all the top romance dramas in the Hindi TV industry itself- like IPK, QH, YHM, etc. They all have this template as the foundation.

I'd like to think that what makes EDKV different is that it doesn't brush away the hero's actions under the carpet. It makes the hero introspect, and rise to the occasion when needed. And it acknowledges something very vital- the fact that a woman can have self-respect and can fervently protect it at the cost of great personal sacrifices.

That being said, I'd love to see a track with a vulnerable Sumo and Shrav who has to walk on eggshells around her and turn her around. The potential is very much there. For eg- who'll support her in her family after her Nanu passes away? And a question that has bugged me throughout the series- what's the deal with Sumo's dad? Nothing much is revealed about him- just in bits and pieces. I'd love to see some angst from Sumo proceeding from that area- and Shrav being her rock in that time.

Sorry for the essay! Lovely topic, BTW!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Not  just support her. Who will show her love and affection?? How ever it is. Mami and masi doesn't love and care about her THAT way. For mami and masi she is more of a responsibility than a daughter If you look at it more than any other character in this show Suman is the one who is the most alone person. 

She doesn't have anyone in her life (except for nanu) which she can proudly say that this person loves me a lot. I also feel this is why she puts so much effort into all her relationships specially the one with Shravan. She is afraid to loose people in her life! 
^ That's a wonderful thought. Shravan has always had trust issues because of his mom...and Sumo has had to bear the consequences of it.

I'd like Shravan to learn at some point that Sumo doesn't exactly lead a charmed life either. How she is discriminated against and made to feel obligated because of her debt by Mami. And for him to realize that he's lucky because he has both his parents...while she truly is an orphan if not for her Nanu. 
Originally posted by S.Stephy

I don't particularly doubt the love Shravan has for Suman. But seeing his anger issues of late and how Suman has to worry a lot about whether she has unintentionally hurt him or upset him, I was starting to think whether such a love or even friendship is worth it. It was a bit sad to see Suman having to miss a party so that he doesn't get angry, and then when her presence was needed, she has to worry about Shravan getting upset and the whole climb onto the terrace railing to prove herself. Actually, forget love, Shravan unfortunately isn't coming across as a good friend in the past few episodes atleast in normal situations like the party, at the clinic, etc. Anyways, I hope Shravan changes for the better in the future... wouldn't want this unbalanced equation in their love story.

THIS... absolutely agree...
Am just tired to see posts where male leads are glorified n each n every act of the female one is dissected n bashed to bits..not just this forum but almost each.. specifically the one for which I joined India forums.. sad state of affairs..
Poppins since am no longer sleepy... I shall chat with you. πŸ˜†
Shravan's love for Sumo is under scanner. Hmm...
Before I respond to your post, my one question to you is in a love story do we need to maintain scores? Isnt the journey itself a part of the main narrative rather than who has done more or less? We as outsiders might have a different take as to who is giving and who is receiving more. But, at the end of the day love is not a give and take, it is not an exchange system. It exists and world goes round... 
I said the key to Shravan's character or his love for Sumo can be gauged from what Sumo said about him "you will not fail me"
Has he failed? 
I will answer this question slightly differently. Since you have already mentioned Khosla case which you believe was an aberration or just one incident among many of his wrong doings against Sumo... I shall leave it aside. 
His love for Sumo has spanned several years and though he keeps on repeating I have moved on... he clearly hasnt. Proof, the letter. Ofc, you can say the letter is the symbol of his failure when he was unable to gain what he wanted. But, if so when he did realize Sumo's love and found strength in her unconditional gesture, he does not write another letter. His letter now old, almost torn does still suffice for his adult feelings one which made adult Sumo also to realize her own feelings about him. Love never grows old, never dies, as Rekha says, either it is there or not there. His love is eternal.
He said he has moved on and yet he came back one last time before leaving for London to give her a swing. Please note the swing was kept in the garden of Sumo's home (Shravan did not buy a new swing) and yet, nobody not even Nanu had ever given her a swing. He came back to fulfill a child's heartfelt desire. 
Now a hot-shot lawyer with lots of client swirling around him, yet he still finds the time to play Tom and Jerry with Sumo. Was it simply to relive the past? Or was he allowing this young woman, an orphan who quite independent and has to act mature at home and at office to be a child again. 

He who is scarred of his past, in constant doubts about himself and wishes to consciously move away from his love makes the effort to change the direction of his car to take her home. Takes her to the doctor because what could he do but keep on thinking about her. About her health, about her safety. 

Though he has issues with women and trust issues in close relationships, yet he ensures that her daal becomes her own. Allowing her to be the mistress of her narrative. Create your own dreams. 
Though perennially angry (he has anger issues), yet he said yesterday, had it not been you ... was he speaking to his friend or ...?
He comes back broken, angry with himself for letting his mother be a part of his waking existence and for destroying his father's belief. Yet, all he remembers is Sumo's love and care for him. He hates her but, what kind of hate is this? He sees only her reflection in the broken mirror. The coffee-table book was torn by him again in anger. Was it because of his mother or Sumo?

I leave my questions to you
Probably, you still win in terms of keeping scores but then love is never a competition. It is walking side by side, enjoying both the lush delights of nature and life. At the same time, it is also walking side by side on egg shells together... one which was foregrounded in yesterday's episode.
And has he failed? yes.. when he did not listen to Sumo crying out for him those ten years back. But, if he had listened that day... this story would not have seen the light of day. 
So... lets enjoy the ride😳

Edited by indranigupta - 7 years ago
Originally posted by indranigupta

Poppins since am no longer sleepy... I shall chat with you. πŸ˜†
Shravan's love for Sumo is under scanner. Hmm...
Before I respond to your post, my one question to you is in a love story do we need to maintain scores? Isnt the journey itself a part of the main narrative rather than who has done more or less? We as outsiders might have a different take as to who is giving and who is receiving more. But, at the end of the day love is not a give and take, it is not an exchange system. It exists and world goes round... 
I said the key to Shravan's character or his love for Sumo can be gauged from what Sumo said about him "you will not fail me"
Has he failed? 
I will answer this question slightly differently. Since you have already mentioned Khosla case which you believe was an aberration or just one incident among many of his wrong doings against Sumo... I shall leave it aside. 
His love for Sumo has spanned several years and though he keeps on repeating I have moved on... he clearly hasnt. Proof, the letter. Ofc, you can say the letter is the symbol of his failure when he was unable to gain what he wanted. But, if so when he did realize Sumo's love and found strength in her unconditional gesture, he does not write another letter. His letter now old, almost torn does still suffice for his adult feelings one which made adult Sumo also to realize her own feelings about him. Love never grows old, never dies, as Rekha says, either it is there or not there. His love is eternal.
He said he has moved on and yet he came back one last time before leaving for London to give her a swing. Please note the swing was kept in the garden of Sumo's home (Shravan did not buy a new swing) and yet, nobody not even Nanu had ever given her a swing. He came back to fulfill a child's heartfelt desire. 
Now a hot-shot lawyer with lots of client swirling around him, yet he still finds the time to play Tom and Jerry with Sumo. Was it simply to relive the past? Or was he allowing this young woman, an orphan who quite independent and has to act mature at home and at office to be a child again. 

He who is scarred of his past, in constant doubts about himself and wishes to consciously move away from his love makes the effort to change the direction of his car to take her home. Takes her to the doctor because what could he do but keep on thinking about her. About her health, about her safety. 

Though he has issues with women and trust issues in close relationships, yet he ensures that her daal becomes her own. Allowing her to be the mistress of her narrative. Create your own dreams. 
Though perennially angry (he has anger issues), yet he said yesterday, had it not been you ... was he speaking to his friend or ...?
He comes back broken, angry with himself for letting his mother be a part of his waking existence and for destroying his father's belief. Yet, all he remembers is Sumo's love and care for him. He hates her but, what kind of hate is this? He sees only her reflection in the broken mirror. The coffee-table book was torn by him again in anger. Was it because of his mother or Sumo?

I leave my questions to you
Probably, you still win in terms of keeping scores but then love is never a competition. It is walking side by side, enjoying both the lush delights of nature and life. At the same time, it is also walking side by side on egg shells together... one which was foregrounded in yesterday's episode.
And has he failed? yes.. when he did not listen to Sumo crying out for him those ten years back. But, if he had listened that day... this story would not have seen the light of day. 
So... lets enjoy the ride😳

What are you doing today?
You're bowling me over with each piece!!
πŸ‘
You're so good at this!
Indrani take πŸ€—
Originally posted by orion23

What are you doing today?
You're bowling me over with each piece!!
πŸ‘
You're so good at this!
Indrani take πŸ€—
[/QUOTE
Hey Orion, thank you for liking my pieceπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³