ShraMan SS: Meant to Be [AU][Complete]

astonm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello everyone! I am starting something different with this story, this is an AU (alternative universe) story, and does not follow the story line of the show!

This story is based on two "what if" questions:

1. What if Priya Tiwari (Suman's mom) was alive?

2. What if Ramnath Malhotra wasn't the asshole he is but rather a good husband, and Nirmala never left?

Basically, this story will follow how I think ShraMan would naturally progress if the above "What if's" were true.

Initially, I meant this to be an OS, but I have verbal diarrhea so it was getting really long and I decided to chop it up in a few parts. I am not a 100% sure how many parts it will have, possibly around 3 so I have labelled it an SS just in case. Do let me know what you think! :)

Edited by astonm - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

astonm thumbnail
Chapter 1 - Two Nerds

"MAAA!" A sixteen-year-old Suman Tiwari yelled at the top of her lungs running into Tiwari Villa. She was wearing her school uniform, and a piece of paper was in her hand along with a wide smile on her face. Priya Tiwari came running out of her room at the exuberance in her daughter's voice, the rest of the Tiwaris also stepped out of their respective rooms at the commotion.

"What happened?" Priya asked but she knew that her daughter had good news for her.

"96.5%. I beat Shravan by a whole 0.5%!" She laughed jumping up and down, she handed her final transcript to her mother who smiled happily along with the rest of the family. "Oxford, here I come!" Suman laughed.

"Congratulations Beta." Her Sameer Mamu said with a smile and her Mami nodded happily, they were glad that all her studying had paid off, they heard her complaining about it enough.

"Di! You're such a nerd." Preeti teased with a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. With a Bachelors in Management & Economics, and an MBA, I am going to turn your business into an empire Maa." Suman laughed smiling at her mother.

"Hold your horses Suman, you still have to get your acceptance." Priya Tiwari laughed happily at her daughter's exuberance, thankful that her insistence on her doing her best in high school had paid off.

"Shravan helped me with my application Maa, and my final marks are even better than his, so I should be okay, which reminds me, I have to call him and tell him!" She said running into her room and grabbing her MacBook to contact her best friend. She checked what the time was in Oxford because she never remembered the difference in hours and sometimes she annoyed him at the weirdest times. "It's 4:00pm here meaning it's 11:30am there, and he has class until 1:30pm. 2 hours." She mumbled to herself sadly, she sighed and opened up her iMessage app and shot him a message to FaceTime her as soon as he finished class.

She ran and changed out of her uniform into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt before running back out towards the living room. Preeti was sitting with her mom, who was about 6 months pregnant with a baby boy and Rachna Maasi was painting her nails while the three of them watched TV. "Where is Maa?" Suman asked.

"She is on the phone with a client." Maasi answered causing Suman to nod. After Suman's dad had passed away, Priya Tiwari had opened a catering business which occupied most of her time and was the major source of income for the Tiwari Villa as it had grown to multiple locations all over Delhi over the years. The whole family was involved in the business, excluding Naanu of course, who had comfortably retired a few years ago.

Suman had taken a keen interest in cooking since a young age because her mother loved it so much, according to her family her cooking was just as good and sometimes even better than her mother's. She knew that she was going to join her mother's business and help it grow, she already helped as much as she could. Suman walked into her mother's room and jumped on the bed listening to her talk to vendors on the phone.

"Did you talk to Shravan yet?" Priya asked her daughter as she hung up.

"He has class for another two hours." Suman groaned as her mother's phone rang again.

"Hello?" She answered. "Nirmala!" Suman's ears piqued at the mention of Shravan's mom.

"Sorry, I missed your call in the morning, Ram and I were discussing an important court case and I didn't realize the phone was ringing." Nirmala said from the other end on the phone as she settled into the couch, she had just gotten home from court after a long day.

"Oh no problem, I was just calling to wish you good luck, I am guessing it went well with both you and Ram working on it." Priya laughed as she talked to her best friend. 

"Yeah, it went well. Suman's results were coming out today, no?"

"Yes, 96.5%." Priya said.

"0.5% more than Shravan." Suman yelled causing Nirmala to laugh over the phone when she heard her. "Tell Ramnath uncle he owes me some money since I won the bet."

"Will do Beta." Nirmala laughed. "Priya, now we're going to be all alone with our kids in Oxford."

"I don't know how I am going to adjust to life without this jhalli around." Priya said.

"RUDE!" Suman gasped.

"You get used to it, at least they'll be together." Nirmala said, the past year had been difficult for her with Shravan's move to England. It was hard for him too, a new country without his parents and best friend.

"That's the only good thing, but I don't know who is going to resolve their fights there." Priya laughed causing Suman to huff in annoyance.

"They'll figure it out, it is not like they can stay mad at each other for more than a day." Nirmala laughed.

X-X-X-X-X

"Twenty-seven messages, who's dying Sumo?" Those were the first words out of Shravan's mouth as the FaceTime call connected.

"You're going to die after you hear what I have to tell you." She smiled to her best friend.

"What?" He asked confused.

"96.5% Shravan Malhotra!" She yelled holding her transcript up in front of the camera of her MacBook.

"Wow, I can't believe I outdid myself." Shravan smiled on the other end, he knew just how to rile his best friend up.

"You?" Sumo gasped and Shravan smiled at the annoyance on her face.

"Yes, me, I am the one who helped you study, you used my notes and my help." Shravan said.

"Oh hello, I still wrote all the tests and did all the assignments."

"But you had my help." He pointed out.

"By that logic I am the one that got a 97% in Literature, if I recall correctly I helped you write that essay."

"Touche." Shravan laughed.  "So Oxford is happening then."

"Yep." She smiled.

"Finally, someone to cook me good food and bully people for me." He laughed.

"I am not coming there to cook for you Mr. Malhotra." She teased.

"Please Sumo, the food here sucks."

"Yeah yeah, I know they put sugar and coconut in all the Indian food." She laughed imitating his voice and failing miserably.

"I don't sound like that."

"Yeah you do."

"Shut up."

"Rude." Sumo replied. "When are you coming back?" She asked.

"Flight is booked for May 14th. I am guessing we're going to leave again mid-August."

"I hate planes."

"I know, drama queen, last time you acted like the plane was going to crash as soon as it lifted off the ground."

"You weren't helping with your they have emergency escape rafts and parachutes." She pointed out.

"I was just trying to explain that we could survive even if the plane crashed, we got to and from Dubai in one piece, chill." He said, their families had taken a trip together to Dubai two years ago and Sumo had absolutely abhorred the flight.

"Independent events." She reminded him.

"Okay, my statistics nerd."

"Listen, don't tell anyone that I did better than you."

"Why?" Shravan asks confused.

"I have an image to protect." She scoffed.

"Seriously?" He laughed. "Everyone is going to know you are a secret hardcore nerd when you come to Oxford."

"No one needs to know." Sumo said.

"You are crazy."

"You miss me anyways." She teased.

"I just miss your cooking."

"Rude. So, what is new?" She asked.

"We talked last night Sumo, and Oxford is pretty boring, so nothing." He said but she had a lot to share with him so she went on a tirade about what was going on and he listened intently even though he had no interest in what other people at their high school were up to.

X-X-X-X

"I still think you should consider law school Suman, you can talk your way out of anything." Ramnath laughed as he played a riveting game of chess with Shravan. Sumo sat beside Shravan and cheered her best friend on.

"It would be unfair to the general populace if I use my natural talent like that." Sumo teased causing Shravan to guffaw. He had missed her antics.

"I guess." Ramnath laughed. "Are you done packing yet?"

"Mom keeps packing my suitcase and then unpacking and repacking to make sure she didn't forget anything."

"Nirmala is the same way." He laughed.

"What did I do now?" Nirmala asked sitting beside her husband with a smile.

"The packing and unpacking disease." He teased.

"Haha Ram." Nirmala rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Excited Sumo?"

"She is, especially for the plane ride." Shravan teased causing Sumo to whack his arm. "Maa, you're asking me to take care of an abuser."

"Take care of me? I am not a kid Shravan."

"You are younger than me."

"By a year, plus it's a known fact that girls are more mature than guys by a few years at all stages of life." She pointed out.

"You're a girl?" He teased.

"Shravan Malhotra, I think you need to get thicker glasses." Sumo retorted. "Or get a new brain."

"Might as well get yourself one while we're at it since you don't have one." He said smiling at her.

"Shravan!" She said whacking his arm again.

"See, abuse!"

"I feel sorry for the people at Oxford." Nirmala murmured. 

Edited by astonm - 7 years ago
PrincessAshVik thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I Loved this!!!
Something different, something new!!!
The teenage ShraMan in your SS are hilarious!!! I am so looking forward to read the next part!!! Esp cos it's so different. I wanna know how they fall in love confess etc!!!

Hope you update soon.😳

P.S: I hope I did not take up a post you were planning to res😳
Edited by PrincessAshVik - 7 years ago
FangirlForever thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
OMG OMG OMG OMG 
THIS IS SO FREAKING CUTE THAT I CAN'T 
*calms down* Sorry for those caps 🤣 
But this was just so cuteee ❤️
Sumo being a nerd 
Both of them going to oxford together 
Their bickering ❤️
Thanks anjali 
I JUST LOVE YOU 
Update soon-ish 🤣
Euphoria_V thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
🤣🤣🤣
It's freaking awesome
So cuteteenage shraman are damn cute and hilarious in this story...

Superb

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Ahh this is so cute! Love how sumo was teasing shravan about doing better! Looking forward to reading what happens at Oxford!
an_chau thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awww astonm (what's your name btw?), another of your lovelies :)
And this one reminds me of two people I know a little too well 😉, well if you switch Oxford with grad school if the US... 
Let's see how far the similarities go... 
Keep them coming!
IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
This is so cute, man. The feels!❤️
astonm thumbnail

Originally posted by: PrincessAshVik

I Loved this!!!

Something different, something new!!!
The teenage ShraMan in your SS are hilarious!!! I am so looking forward to read the next part!!! Esp cos it's so different. I wanna know how they fall in love confess etc!!!

Hope you update soon.😳

P.S: I hope I did not take up a post you were planning to res😳

I am glad you liked this! And @ your P.S. no you didn't, don't worry about it <3
astonm thumbnail

Originally posted by: an_chau

Awww astonm (what's your name btw?), another of your lovelies :)

And this one reminds me of two people I know a little too well 😉, well if you switch Oxford with grad school if the US... 
Let's see how far the similarities go... 
Keep them coming!

Hola, my name is Anjali! 

And oh lala, am I writing your love story now? Can I get some tips on what goes down in such situations hahahaha?