Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JRia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Thanks Vipraja. I enjoy writing Sudhir-Vindhya the most. They are in a league of their own. If I keep Sreedhar-Suman as Shiv-Shakthi destroying bad things, Sudhir-Vindhya is the Narayan-Lakshmi that ensures the balance of things, sustenance of things. The hard task.πŸ˜ƒ

And they do that so easily 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Ria it looks simple, but actually it is not when you try to walk that path. πŸ˜ƒ
JRia thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Ria it looks simple, but actually it is not when you try to walk that path. πŸ˜ƒ

Yes but they make it seem so simple.. that I simply forget that.. especially vindhya... I never thought she would be so happy with sudhir but the truth is she is..
waise who's the inspiration for goraji? 
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Goraji is inspired from the tribals I have read about in books and all. πŸ˜ƒ
shruthiravi thumbnail

Chapter 69- Aakash Varma

Everyone was seated for the community meeting. Varma family had everyone except Vindhya and Suman and the younger kids. Many people came with children. Poornima and Vaishnav were also there. They had taken leave from school and were sitting together at the back row.

Pradeep Samrat told his wife " Now you see how Sreedhar Varma will apologize. That Vaishnav was creating too much ruckus on the back of that Varma boy"

" Ji that I know. After all Mahantji will doing things as per our will right. We have done so much for him" told his wife.

Dinakar also had come for the meeting this time. He rarely attented meetings. But somehow he felt he should be going for this meeting.

Soon the committee headed by Mahantji and other members came. Mahantji asked everyone to be silent. Then he read out the reason for which committee is called " Dear community members. We have received a complaint from Pradeep Samrat that son of Rajsekhar Varma Sreedhar Varma has been giving wrong information about traditions and misleading the children in our community. It is bought to the notice of the community that Sreedhar Varma has given a speech in Navmantha Public School in which he has given many misleading information like widows are not responsible for their husband's death and women and men are equal etc. We know our tradition treats men superior to woman, that is why Lakshmi is always at service of Vishnu, that is why Sita didn't complaint after her abandonement by Ram as a woman never questions her husband's decision. And the content of his speech was shared to us by Pradeep Samrat's 11 year old nephew. As we know when the child give testimony we don't validate it much and the punishment is decided to the culprit based on child's testimony alone. So the committee has decided Sreedhar Varma has to publicly apologize for the mistake he has committed and tell the children whatever he said is wrong and he had done it only to gain publicity.

Mahantji looked at the Varma's side. It was Tilak who got up. " Mahantji you have passed the verdict based on the 11 year old nephew of Pradeep Samrat. Before my brother Sreedhar apologizes I have my 12 year old son Aakash who wants to ask some questions to the committee. Yes a verdict is given based on child's testimony, so this committee has to listen to Aakash's testimony also before passing the final verdict "

Mahantji was fuming. But he had no option. If a child want to give testimony in the meeting there was no option. It had to be approved.

" Yes your son can come" told Mahantji grudgingly. Tilak asked his son to go. He hugged the child, Sudhir and Sreedhar also hugged him as he moved to the stage.

Aakash took the stage " Good morning everyone. I am Aakash Varma. Before I give testimony I have some questions for the elders in the committee as well as in the audience. Can I ask .

" Yes " one of the committee members told

" Is it right to enter a house without permission and attack a child "

" No" came the answer from audience. Pradeep Samrat was now becoming uneasy on the seat. He had not expected this.

" Is it right to try to outrage the modesty of a woman" asked Aakash

" No" came another loud answer from the crowd

" Is it right to give threat to someone  if we don't behave in a certain way , there will be more damage done to their family"

" No" this time the answer was louder.

" Ok so I understood all this things are wrong. Then I want to ask punishment for Pradeep Samrat who has sent 2 goons to my family who tried to attack me. My Suman Chachi came to protect me and she was stabbed in the arm. In addition to that the goons tried to outrage her modesty. When she ran away and locked herself in the room they gave the threat that if my chachu Sreedhar Varma doesn't apologize they will do more damage to our family"

Applause happened from many corners of the room. Pradeep Samrat tried to get up from his seat. But people stopped him.

One voice told " Mahantji this child has given strong testimony against Pradeep Samrat, punish Pradeep Samrat for attacking a child, trying to enrage the modesty of a woman and issuing threat. "

Mahantji knew he had no option as the child's testimony had to be taken and Aakash had delivered his testimony the most intelligent way. He got up.

" Fine Pradeep Samrat will be punished, but that doesn't lessen Sreedhar Varma's mistake. So he also will have to serve punishment"

" Yes Mahantji I am coming to that" continued Aakash "I also belong to Navmantha school and I have also heard Sreedhar Chachu's speech. If he needs to apologize along with me many children here would want to know in which vedas , shastras or puranas it is written a woman is responsible for a man's  death. Which vedas, shastras, puranas tell widows has to be chained and they should not be allowed to move, have to shave their head etc. We do not want just telling vedas, shastras. We want to know the particular Veda, the section and the lines in Sanskrit which tells this. "

The entire audience was stunned. All the children got up and supported Aakash demanding the answer if Sreedhar has to apologize.

Mahantji and other committee members looked here and there. They knew they couldn't answer that question. Dinakar got up

" Beta I do not know whether any vedas, shastras or puranas mention woman cause of death of her husband. But as per the knowledge I have I will tell you this. None of our epics or puranas restrict the movement of widows. They are not allowed to wear specific symbols of woman having a husband, but other wise they are allowed to worship and do normal activities. The queens of Dasrath who were widows were present in Raj Sabha when coronation of Rama happened. Sita, Urmila, Mandavi and Kirti have extensively interacted with their widow mother in laws and all of them are treated as Nithya Suhagans. Talking or spending time with their widowed mother-in-laws didn't take away their suhaag.

Coming to Mahabharath Kunti was a widow but she moved with her sons wherever they went. Panchali also interacted with her widow MIL extensively and she also was a Suhagan till her death. Satyavati post Shantanu's death was extensively involved in handling the affairs of the state.

In old days Sati prada happened because men died in war and woman didn't wanted to end up in the hands of enemy men. So they jumped in pyre to protect their modesty. In current circumstances we do not need that. A widow is a human and God doesn't differentiate humans and that is what all our shastras and puranas say. So as a person who has studied vedas, shastras and puranas I find no offence in what Sreedhar Varma has said to the students and feel there is no need for him to apologize. I also request all parents to earnestly support the children's initiative of giving dignity of life to widows"

Mahantji looked at his elder brother with fury. He knew with what Dinakar said Sreedhar Varma has to let scott free , otherwise children will question and none of them  had answer.

" Ok now since Sreedhar Varma need not apologize tell the verdict for Pradeep Samrat " told many people.

Pradeep Samrat was propelled to stage by people. Some women pushed his wife also. Mahantji looked helplessly at Pradeep Samrat and told

" After discussion it has been decided that Pradeep Samrat will be whipped 30 times for this crime" told Mahantji

" How is that correct " asked one man from behind " Mahantji we also know laws. For the crime he has committed especially since outraging the modesty of woman is there, he has to be whipped 50 times and then his wife has to publicly fall on the feet of the woman whose modesty her husband tried to invade 10 times and ask for pardon. We want full punishment for them"

" Yes yes " came loud voice from the audience " Full punishment for Pradeep Samrat and his wife"

Mahantji and the other community members looked helplessly and told " Yes we agree Pradeep Samrat will be whipped 50 times and his wife will ask public apology. Rajasekhar Varma please bring your DIL Suman Varma to this meeting"

" What me a Suhagan has to fall at that widow's feet, that too the chudayil who killed her husband on wedding day. I wont do it " told Pradeep Samrat's wife.

" Well if you wont do it, then your husband will be whipped 100 times " told a man from the audience. Pradeep Samrat looked helplessly at his wife and begged. He indicated he will deal with Varma's for the insult

" Yes I will do it" told his wife reluctantly

" Taiji you threw food at my mother right. You were the one who denied permission for her to come with nanu. You were the one who said her head has to be shaved. You were the one who didn't allow her to come from the room. Today I believe completely in God Taiji. When you fall on Suman aunty's feet I will accept it as God making you fall on my mother's feet. He showed today he doesn't differentiate between Suhagan and widow" told a crying Vaishnav loudly.

Men tied Pradeep Samrat to the pole. Maheswari looked at Sreedhar " Sreedhar go and bring Suman quickly " . Sreedhar nodded, got up and went out of the hall.

Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Beautiful... thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
 Hai Shruthi😊
 This is truly actionwala chapter with words πŸ‘πŸ‘      Tilak Aakash r  super. . 
 Samrat nd his wife got a good punishment.  And mahanthji fell in his own dig πŸ˜†.    And Dinakar said some real facts from our epics. πŸ‘πŸ‘  

Superb.  Waiting for next one.  Please I want  some real actions with dishoom dishoom.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  
Great going dear πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by Beautiful... - 7 years ago
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4643962&TPN=48
Complexities chapter 31 updated. 
JRia thumbnail
this update is truly damakedar.. pradeep samrat proved he is a coward by making his wife beg.. for such a useless husband his wife was boasting of being a suhagan.. being widow would have been much better.. what good it is for her anyway.. even when her husband is there she's being insulted.. I'm loving tilak's confidence. 
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow what an update Shruthi. So people accept the kids words on face value and Sudhir knew this well since he have been dealing with Mahantaji for so long. so he ensured that not just Akash but also some of his friends (like minded) were present in the congregation to pin point at Pradeep Samrat.

Tilak & Renu are proud that they could help Suman in some way as gratitude (if not repayment) for saving Akash and the boy is full of energy after seeing his Chachi in JKR mode. πŸ˜†

I loved Dinakar's intervention and explanation which bolted the mouths of committee members and also the eagerness with which the people looked forward for whipping Pradeep 50 times and his wife to ask for an apology from Suman (shall we say a widow).

Hey wait, now that Suman can't wear blouse, she will be in her salwar suite and not in saree. Hope that doesn't make a head line again with mahantaji.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ria only cowards do attack from behind. A man of integrity never does what those thugs did to Aakash and Suman.

@Beautiful I am happy you liked it. Yes yes some dhisoon dhisoom is there. But not much now. Some real dhisoon dhisoom is only in the next track that is after Poornima Patel thing closes so you will have to wait.