Thank God comparison to Katrina has stopped: Zareen Khan

ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Thank God comparison to Katrina has stopped: Zareen Khan

• Sneha Mahadevan, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
  •  |  
  • Updated: May 31, 2016 16:39 IST
Actor Zareen Khan is glad that the comparisons to actor Katrina Kaif have stopped.

For a or a few months after her debut in Veer (2010) alongside Salman Khan, actor Zareen Khan (far right) was called a Katrina Kaif (inset) look alike. Though initially, it did help her garner attention, eventually, it got too much for Zareen to handle. So much so that the actor says that at times her work got overshadowed by resemblance to the actor.

Mumbai, January 30, 2016 : Fitoor Starcast Aditya Roy Kapoor and Katrina Kaif were spotted at Mehboob Studio, Bandra (W), Mumbai. (Photo: Pramod Thakur / Hindustan Times)

But now, after half a decade, the scenario seems to have changed. "I am ecstatic that the comparisons to Katrina have stopped. Everyone comes here to make their own identity. Katrina is a beautiful woman and works very hard. It is a privilege to be compared to her. If I didn't belong to the industry, I would be happy but as a professional, I don't want to live under anyone's shadow."

Ask her if she still catches up with her mentor and debut co-star Salman, she says their busy schedules don't allow them to meet too often, but adds that she will always hold him in high regard. "I will always be grateful to him. If I am an actor today, I owe every bit of it to him. But he is a busy person. I don't randomly call him for little things but if I am stuck, I know he is always there to help me," she says. And what about Salman's marriage rumours to Iulia Vantur? "Honestly, I have no idea. I don't speak to him on a daily basis but if he has found the woman he wants to marry, like the entire country, I am looking forward to his wedding too," she says.

Edited by ChotaBheem - 7 years ago