Ishq ka Rang Safed

TOI:Sanjeeda Shaikh to replace Eisha Singh in 'Ishq Ka Rang Safed'

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Saloni Bhatia| TNN | May 29, 2016 

Sanjeeda Shaikh will be replacing Eisha Singh in 'Ishq Ka Rang Safed' . Sources tell us, "Eisha didn't want to play a mother after the show goes in for a five-year leap. She is a teenager and felt that playing a mother at this stage in her career will hamper her chances of getting to play younger characters. Even though the producers tried to convince her to stay back, she isn't keen. Before we learnt about Sanjeeda replacing Eisha, we contacted Rupali Guha , producer of the show, who said that there are "some issues" but it's too early to talk about them. It seems that Sanjeeda, who was last seen in the fiction show 'Ek Hasina Thi' , was finalised overnight. She told us, "I have followed the show and I kind of like it. As an actor, my job is to do justice to the role. The show is taking a five-year leap. 

In my last show, I played a very strong character and even this role has quite a strong personality. That's why they thought of me for the role. I have never played a mother on screen so it's going to be a first for me. I am treating it as a new role and not as a replacement. It's my show now. People wanted to see me for a long time and this is the right offer and opportunity."

When we asked her about her break from TV, she said, "It's almost seven years since I have been doing fiction and non-fiction shows. There comes a phase in your life when you just want to relax. It's not that every other show was offered to me. I think the right thing fell into the right place. Till about two days back, I didn't know that I was doing this show but it just happened in a couple of hours. I don't like to plan things."

Edited by Sutapasima - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I prefer to find happiness in what is in front of me..
no doubt Misha will always remain very close to mmy heart.. i fell in love with Vidha for Misha..
But if Eisha does not want to play a mom then its her decision and i respect that...

I am really eager to see how sanjeeda potrays the role of dhani. i have no hatred for her.. I want to see how Mishal and sanjeeda looks like an onscreen couple as Vidha..
if i hate someone i hate the writers of IKRS for rushing with the story..

Ok lets wait for monday.. I am watching IKRS since Episode 1 and will continue watching it till Mishal is a part of this show😳. I hope sanjeeda performs well and wins hearts of many😃