Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ssimmy

Why should the actress be to "par" with the actor? Why can't a less experienced actress be paired with a more experienced actor? As for casting, actors aren't cast because they are "equal in acting ability." They are cast because of compatibility and chemistry. And frankly, I don't think Jennifer and Shaheer would have even 1% of the chemistry Sharica have. As Shaheer said, they needed a "confident" actress for the role, and he agrees that Erica was the perfect choice.

May be you feel that way but not me.To me Jennifer is perfect for Shaheer and for this role. As for compatibility and chemistry there is none other than Soumya who shared great chemistry with him. Even Pooja also had crackling chemistry with Shaheer. If Shaheer said so let it be. He said the same in Navya days also. And that doesn't mean I have to change my opinion.To me Erica after the accident just could not live up to the requirement of the role. And please don't try to defend Erica and her performance. I am not interested. Edited by ltelidevara - 7 years ago
aditi07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I would'nt change either of them.. Love Erica and Shaheer as Devakshi!!

Yes, i did feel in the very beginning of the show that Erica was a bit tight-lipped and may be too lean, however as the show progressed and I saw the shades in her acting and her freshness that I hadnt seen before and I have been wowed by her πŸ˜³πŸ˜³... then I understood why makers chose her⭐️!!

She has brought such a freshness and novelty to her character, esp the shades where she emotes her love for Dev --- her blushes.. innocent secretive smiles.. stares.. being mesmerized by Dev, the feeling of "hates being in love with him.. but one moment with him and she just cant help herself".. she is just amazingly natural, innocent and fresh πŸ‘πŸ‘.. looks so real, like how it really happens!! Loving her completely.
Bolly*_Crazed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy8182

Exactly we r positive fans of devakshi and want all the positivity for thm and forum..Kindly refraibn frm such topics which might create clashes...ALWAYSCriticsm is not cool..Appreciation is a beauty on its own...

DONTsay erica is not beautiful as shaheer or not par in acting...
I think makers and casting must hve seen something in her tht made her land her this role out of so many 1000's of girls...coz i heard she was selected after auditioning many many of thm..Shaheer himself has agrreed on this..Not all of them could be so wrong... Respect ur disagreement but it has to come in a certain positive way...😊..

Erica won  miss maharashtra 2011, she is a pantaloon femina fresh face winner continously for 3 times..She was among top ten in miss india beauty pageant..She was a print and ramp model .If she wouldnt have been beautiful(confident )...&talented she wouldnt hve been where she is...Gve respect to their achievements dearies...Erica is one the exotic beauty on tv today...No one can deny tht..Shes like a breath of fresh air..Thts y we r fan of hers ofcourse this goes for her acting as well..I hope u understand my pov...No hard feelings plsπŸ˜ƒ

At the bolded part: Why? What's wrong with discussion and disagreement? As long as you're respectful and considerate of others opinions ( Which I was and am doing) there is nothing wrong with difference of opinions. 

Where in my post am I degrading Erica or saying she is ugly and talentless?! I don't get why you've posted a paragraph defending her and talking about her achievements - I never once questioned that she has achieved a lot nor have I said she doesn't deserve to play the lead it was legit hypothetical πŸ˜† -  AND IT IS MY OPINION that she needs to work on her acting and Shaheer is a better actor -you can disagree with that, and it isn't my job to try to convince you otherwise nor do I want to.

It's really a shame that so many of you are getting so defensive over something that was not meant to be offensive at all - but rather thought provoking and fun. My post is not even targeting Erica...I clearly said IF you were to replace one or both or none discuss why.  No hard feelings at all - trust me, I didn't realize  people were going to be so easy to jump to conclusions and assume this was a hate topic.
Bolly*_Crazed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditi07

I would'nt change either of them.. Love Erica and Shaheer as Devakshi!!

Yes, i did feel in the very beginning of the show that Erica was a bit tight-lipped and may be too lean, however as the show progressed and I saw the shades in her acting and her freshness that I hadnt seen before and I have been wowed by her πŸ˜³πŸ˜³... then I understood why makers chose her⭐️!!

She has brought such a freshness and novelty to her character, esp the shades where she emotes her love for Dev --- her blushes.. innocent secretive smiles.. stares.. being mesmerized by Dev, the feeling of "hates being in love with him.. but one moment with him and she just cant help herself".. she is just amazingly natural, innocent and fresh πŸ‘πŸ‘.. looks so real, like how it really happens!! Loving her completely.

Thank you for a normal response - the kind I expected from this topic.

You stated ( without being defensive) why you'd keep both characters the same and I agree with some of the things you've said. Erica is different from the normal actresses and she does excel in some scenes πŸ˜Š
bhshre95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
I think Erica is just perfect for the role, I don't know how but I liked her acting from  beginning of the serial, maybe she has that freshness to her. Though I like Jennifer winger, I just can't imagine any other actress playing Dr sonakshi other than Erica, she just owns the role😳
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
With due respect  to your favouritism and regard for Erica  I never believe in beauty pageants and their selections. I always wonder how wierd the results  are as they end up crowning the unworthy candidates leaving the worthy ones. As for the judgement of the casting Department I differ here also because hey are not the ultimate, There is no chance of their choices getting universal appreciation. Case in point I didn't like Vibha Anand as Subhadra in Mahabharat.I felt some other beautiful girl should have been selected. But Vibha is a great performer and she nailed the role.So rarely do such things happen where good actors  enthrall us despite their average looks. But here I am neither impressed by Erica's looks nor do I rate her a good actress. And don't feel bad as Loke Bhinna Ruchih. The world is filled with people who have different tastes. Edited by ltelidevara - 7 years ago
angel143r thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy8182

Exactly we r positive fans of devakshi and want all the positivity for thm and forum..Kindly refraibn frm such topics which might create clashes...ALWAYSCriticsm is not cool..Appreciation is a beauty on its own...

DONTsay erica is not beautiful as shaheer or not par in acting...
I think makers and casting must hve seen something in her tht made her land her this role out of so many 1000's of girls...coz i heard she was selected after auditioning many many of thm..Shaheer himself has agrreed on this..Not all of them could be so wrong... Respect ur disagreement but it has to come in a certain positive way...😊..

Erica won  miss maharashtra 2011, she is a pantaloon femina fresh face winner continously for 3 times..She was among top ten in miss india beauty pageant..She was a print and ramp model .If she wouldnt have been beautiful(confident )...&talented she wouldnt hve been where she is...Gve respect to their achievements dearies...Erica is one the exotic beauty on tv today...No one can deny tht..Shes like a breath of fresh air..Thts y we r fan of hers ofcourse this goes for her acting as well..I hope u understand my pov...No hard feelings plsπŸ˜ƒ

Completely agree with you πŸ˜Š

"Please don't start such posts which can create clashes in the forum"

angel143r thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ltelidevara

May be you feel that way but not me.To me Jennifer is perfect for Shaheer and for this role. As for compatibility and chemistry there is none other than Soumya who shared great chemistry with him. Even Pooja also had crackling chemistry with Shaheer. If Shaheer said so let it be. He said the same in Navya days also. And that doesn't mean I have to change my opinion.To me Erica after the accident just could not live up to the requirement of the role. And please don't try to defend Erica and her performance. I am not interested.

Guys please relax...Peace πŸ˜›
Sonal99 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I like Jennifer and have seen her in Sarasvatichandra but I cannot see her as Sonakshi Bose. In my opinion, she would look much older than Shaheer. In fact, Shaheer had to lose weight to look as young as Erica and suit the role!

Coming to Shaheer, he is a good actor whose strength lies in intense scenes; he does not look as convincing in light hearted conversations that happen between him and his sisters or with Sona. 

Both Eric and Shaheer have settled in their respective roles, the audience is loving them and the show is doing well. 

Why the need for change?

Maybe if Jennifer is your favorite, you can catch her in another show. 

sajinifaby thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ltelidevara

Hundred percent agree with you on Erica. She is not a match for Shaheer as far as emoting and acting is concerned. I also support your choice of Jennifer. She is effortless and natural. Especially she will do better with correct modulation in dialogue delivery. To me Shaheer is the best and he deserves the best. Erica is OK but not on par with him either in looks or in acting. She got a very good role but she is still to impress me where as Shaheer is marvellous and outstanding in his complex role.

I had my initial doubts on casting before the show.. but.. i dont think they have gone wrong one percent even in the casting...they proved me wrong, by their acting.. they are all so perfect...
emotional scenes..and all i get goosebumps... seriously such is the hardwork they all put..
a bit of bengali diction is all wat she need to improve... otherwise she is so perfect for the role...

jennifer is good for fiction drama like saraswatichandra..and dreamy and tashan n all.. 
but the tashan we need for this show is real one.. not over acting kinds like the drama fiction..

no offence to the actress or your opinion... but just to let you know.. there is a big fanbase already for Sharica.. in no time... and they also enjoy each others friendship and chemistry... as actors.. 
infact it is not a couple.. what I like about this show is.. its a trio...

Devakshi and Ishwari...
Supriya ji Shaheer and Erica... they rock together!!πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by sajinifaby - 7 years ago