Re-cast the cast, if you want...

Posted: 7 years ago
Hey guys,

So I'm bored and starting thinking, although I like both Shaheer and Erica as Dev and Sona, respectively, sometimes I feel like Erica's acting isn't quite up to par with Shaheer's ( which is fair since she's so much younger). Which got me thinking as to who I think could've played Sona's character better or equally well and the first actress that came to my mind was Jennifer Winget. I also think Shaheer and her would also look super hot together, and it would be a fresh pair as well.

So, my question for you guys is, if you had to recast either Dev or Sona, or both, who do you think could have pulled it off?! If  you wouldn't recast either, you can also say that...it's just for fun.

For me, as I said I think Jennifer could have played Sona's character pretty well given that she's an experienced actress. Erica is good ( and I'm confident she will get better as time goes on) but sometimes her expressions are lacking and she's very tight lipped. And I would keep Shaheer as Dev because honestly, I have probably not been impressed by an actor in Tellywood as I am him, in a  looong time. I adore Shaheer as Dev 

Share your thoughts ðŸ˜Š
Erica is a very good actress with very effortless expression ...Other serial actress cant be the benchmark for erica's improvement...She is experienced actress who has first worked in movies and now on tv...Undoubtedly shaheer is good actor ...but erica is at par with him...she is suppose to play little underdog coz of her character being an employee who is working under an employer...Infact i feel sona has got more shades to her as compared to dev which she has reflected with immense maturity...I think to show intelligence in actng when u r not at all related to tht character in real life takes immense strength to portray and erica is topnotch in all her expressions eg:Recently romantic scene ...there was so much novelty in her expressions which i didnt see on tv before...Dont feel bad ..just my opinion ..So i cant imagine anyone other than erica to play sona...sorry no hard feelings..My pov
For me the case is exactly the opposite. I love Erica in the role of Dr. Sonakshi Bose. She completely owes the character for me 😊 I feel her acting is very refined and nuanced for someone so young.
Originally posted by sammy8182

Erica is a very good actress with very effortless expression ...Other serial actress cant be the benchmark for erica's improvement...She is experienced actress who has first worked in movies and now on tv...Undoubtedly shaheer is good actor ...but erica is at par with him...she is suppose to play little underdog coz of her character being an employee who is working under an employer...Infact i feel sona has got more shades to her as compared to dev which she has reflected with immense maturity...I think to show intelligence in actng when u r not at all related to tht character in real life takes immense strength to portray and erica is topnotch in all her expressions eg:Recently romantic scene ...there was so much novelty in her expressions which i didnt see on tv before...Dont feel bad ..just my opinion ..So i cant imagine anyone other than erica to play sona...sorry no hard feelings..My pov
No you're entitled to your opinion, as I said if you'd keep both actors the same then you can say so as well. It' s just a hypothetical topic just for the sake of discussion, I'm not saying the currently cast actors  aren't doing a good job, more so what other actors  you think could have done equally well playing these characters.But yes, of course nothing wrong with not wanting either of the actors replaced 😊 
Sorry dear but I am not agree with u that Erica is not perfect as Sona .

She very good in it and a perfect pair with Shaheer

She was a new in this field no doubt but she try her best on it and she done it perfectly...

She was very experienced actress and gave amazing expression in every scenes
Originally posted by Pilu05

Sorry dear but I am not agree with u that Erica is not perfect as Sona .

She very good in it and a perfect pair with Shaheer

She was a new in this field no doubt but she try her best on it and she done it perfectly...

She was very experienced actress and gave amazing expression in every scenes
Fair enough. Just as you're allowed to have your opinion so am I ðŸ˜Š
I am enjoying her acting more than Shaheer's. 😛 
Shaheer nd Erica.. Just perfect as dev nd sona
I can't imagine anyone at their place
Genuinely... I don't want to imagine anyone at their place
They are just mind blowing...
I feel Erica is awesome as Sona... she provides a very subtle feel to her character 
ShaRica are perfect together... No-one else can match that chemistry... Shaheer as Dev and Erica as Sonakshi are the perfect pairing for the show... Both of them are effortless actors. I couldn't imagine anybody else in place of anyone of them.