Vishkanya

Himani Shivpuri back on TV with Vishkanya; newbie Prachi Sinha roped i

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Zee TV's Vishkanya - Ek Anokhi Prem Kahaani (Peninsula Pictures) will see two new important entries...

Veteran actress Himani Shivpuri, last seen in Big Magic's Ajab Gajab Ghar Jamaai will be staging a comeback to TV after a break of a year with this show.

Along with her will enter newbie Prachi Sinha who has few movies down South to her credit. Himani and Prachi will play mother and daughter.

As per reliable sources, "They will be family friends of Malay (Vin Rana) and will come from Jaipur to attend Malay's wedding. Prachi Sinha's entry into the show will give rise to a love triangle, and Prachi will be the new parallel lead."

We hear that Himani's character will have a funny edge to it, and will come as a comic relief in the rather intense drama story. The elderly lady will be extremely positive and fun-loving. Her daughter will be a bubbly and charming girl with positive instincts. The story will take a new turn when she will fall in love with Malay.

When contacted, Himani confirmed the piece of news and said, "Yes, I have started shoot from today. I was on a break from TV as the work ambiance had exhausted me. I am back after a year or so."

We tried to get a confirmation from the Producers Alind and Nissar, and also the channel spokesperson, but could not get any revert.

Get ready to watch this new freshness in Vishkanya...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Introduced as female lead and slowly turned into lead vamp.
hope this show does not go like anamika where Rano (Annie) who played the lead but still the show was deddicated to Anamika the vamp.
don't want to watch an another same one.
latanzia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
nonsense this is notthee premises of this show, i am tire of love triangle,if this continue, will quit this show.
Shivaanya thumbnail
Great relief. I hope this new gal will be a pretty and positive one and will perfectly fit to the charm of Malay.
Not liking to see Appu with Malay any more.
Karaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Shivaanya - I am not liking Appu either. Don't know if it is the character or the actor's skills. Anyway happy with a new entry. Hopefully she becomes a real lead, not just a parallel lead. May be she will also have superpowers to counter the VK
Anyway - the show seems to have lost its track. Don't know if all this was actually planned originally or TRPs took it off track. There is not much "anokhi prem kahani" anymore.
Shivaanya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Katori

@Shivaanya - I am not liking Appu either. Don't know if it is the character or the actor's skills. Anyway happy with a new entry. Hopefully she becomes a real lead, not just a parallel lead. May be she will also have superpowers to counter the VK

Anyway - the show seems to have lost its track. Don't know if all this was actually planned originally or TRPs took it off track. There is not much "anokhi prem kahani" anymore.

Exactly the same I feel. I think the leading lady could not pull Appu's char properly as we all feel and that is the reason the PH and channel are bringing another new lead. I too wish her to be the real lead with some divine power to counter Appu's venomous plans.Hope this will make the show more interesting and live up to the expectations of the viewers.

latanzia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
they have decided to bring in a new parallel lead, even if she becomes the lead of this show. why now.
This is the problem i have with all of Zee show, the PH, CV and the creative head of Zee programming, no control over what they are showing.
This story is suppose to be based on a dark love story, not a revenge tail. this is too early and they have moved away from what made this show special and different.

This new parallel lead or what ever they are bringing in, who said she will make this story any likable. Developed what you have properly and them move the story. Malay and Apu story was going so well, yet they did not capitalized on it they moved on the Killing fields.
One more week and i will decide if it is time to stop watching zee completely. 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This really makes little sense.  If they wanted a triangle, there was no need to lose Kaneka so quickly.  She could have remained around and Malloy could have developed an attraction for her.  Also, Tapur seemed to have a crush on Malloy as well, except that she may well have been his half-sister, courtesy his cheating dad.

Also, I disagree w/ the characterization of Appu as a vamp.  Her character has developed logically: initially, she was opposed to revenge, but when she saw how both Kalpana and Dida were treated, she changed her mind.  She could see thru Nandita's evil plans - be it the plot to try & kill her, as well as bringing back the mama, so she adjusted her attitude accordingly.

So far, I've seen nothing in her statements wanting to kill Malloy.  She just wants to neuter those of his family who wish her family harm.

If the new girl is 'fun loving', I don't wanna see her fall in love w/ Malloy.  Only if he discovers what Appu has been up to and breaks his engagement would that be okay by me.  But not if he marries Appu first.
abhiya_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
i will say bad move bt cvz,der is no need of parallel lead,intead of shwng a luv stry,dey suddnly chnged track 2 revnge..i wnt revng as a backdrp.

My prblm is with aishwarya nt appu..ppl accpt grey nd -ve shded heroes wer they show hero pinng heroine 2 wall,nd bcz of 1 minundrstng tretng her lyk a dirt bt nt a grey heroine..
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I hated today's intro scene, where Prachi's character slips, and the sindoor spills all over Malloy 🤢

If they wanted a triangle, why did they get rid of Kanika?  Or they could have had Tapur fall for Malloy - except for one complication - that she's his half-sister.  I'd like the new character to be paired up w/ Abhi.  After Malarajita marries, let them follow