Stories On Lord Ayyappan & Lord Krishna

Posted: 7 years ago
Swami Ayyappan &  Bhagwan Krishna Stories

Hello Everyone!!For those who don't know me,I am Lakshmi!πŸ˜ƒ
I am here with something completely different from what I normally write. I have been giving mythological writing some thought,when I finally decided to dive straight into it!πŸ˜›
And my inspiration is an IF friend and Shri Krishna's devotee,Shrutha aka KrishnaPriyaa. πŸ˜³

This post will contain OSes,TSes and Drabbles,on Lord Ayyappan and Bhagwan Krishna.❀️
 I will write on miracles,faith,devotion and the myths and legends associated with them.I hope you'll encourage me in this new endeavour! πŸ˜ƒ

For those who don't know much about Lord Ayyappan,

Lord Ayyappan is hailed as Hari-Hara sutan,i.e. Son of Lord Vishnu(Hari) and Lord Shiva(Hara). He was born on earth to slay Demoness Mahishi,sister of Mahisha-asur who was slain by Goddess Durga. He was born to Vishnu and Shiva when Vishnu had taken the form of the seductress Mohini. 
The king and queen of Pandalam district in Kerala were childless.They cried to the Lord for a child.Finally one day when the King was walking along the banks of River Pamba,he found a child there with a bell tied around its neck.It was none other than Lord Ayyappan.
 Due to the bell,he was named Manikandan(Mani-bell,kand-neck). After some time,the queen gave birth to her child.The years passed.She was poisoned by her minister against Manikandan.She wanted to see her son take the throne,thus feigning a fatal headache, she sent Manikandan to the the forest to get the milk of a tigress. 
But Manikandan,fulfilled his life's mission in the forests,by slaying Mahishi.The Devas took the form of tigers and Manikandan rode on the back of Lord Indra as a tiger followed by the pack,to Pandalam. The queen and everyone else,realized his divinity and begged forgiveness.He was asked to rule the kingdom,but he refused. 
His father,the King asked him what could he do for him.Ayyappan asked him to construct a temple,atop Sabari Hills.He laid down guidelines for the construction and the vows to be observed before taking the pilgrimage and left,for his abode

.Today this abode is The Holy Sabarimala Temple in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala.It is also believed that the idol at this temple was made and placed by Lord Parshuram.

Every story will contain a life-lesson,as each story of Krishna/Ayyappa is a treasure trove of these.⭐️

So,get ready for an enriching journey of divine love,faith,emotions and much more  with Lord Krishna and Lord Ayyappa!! πŸ˜³

Scroll down for the 1st story. πŸ˜Š

Index:

Story 1~Part 1~Devika's Brother : Below
Part 2~ Page 3

Story 2 ~ Part 1,Page 6 ~ Radha & Krishna:The Final Goodbye 

Edited by EternalStars. - 7 years ago
Story 1~ Devika's Brother(Part 1)

Hello folks!This one is gonna be a story on Devika and her unflinching devotion for Lord Ayyappan.
Also its an ode to one of the most heavenly bonds on earth-that of a brother and sister.

Before you proceed,

Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa-means, "My Refuge is in you O Lord Ayyappa!"

Anna-means elder brother in Tamil.
Amma and Appa-Mother and Father in Tamil.

Kanna- a word in Tamil,used to address someone younger affectionately.

In one of the many shady areas which formed the underbelly of Mumbai,stood a brothel.Usually teeming with prostitues,clients and kidnapped children for child labour at the adjoining factory,it went silent during night,as the clients fulfilled their carnal desires.

It was 10:15 p.m. at night. 18-year old Devika Krishnan sat in her room,cradling her Ayyappan idol within her arms.She was softly singing the Harivarasanam(The song which is sung to make Ayyappan sleep).
It was very rarely that she would get this chance to put her Lord to sleep,as during these hours a man would be in her room,lust within every cell of his body.

She finished with the song and looked at the idol lovingly. "Thank you for another day Anna..and thank you for helping me remain as strong as I always have been."she smiled.

Someone knocked on her door.She looked up and immediately placed the idol,securely in her drawer.Her palms were sweaty with nervousness.She wiped them on her dress.

"Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa.."she whispered and moving to the door,opened it.

Expecting to see another of those lusty men,she opened the door.But what she saw,left her astounded!!
Devika was staring at a man who looked as young as anyone could.Yet his face shone with timless wisdom.
His entire being seemed to be radiating with an effervescent,positive energy.

His eyes..were nothing like she had seen over the years.They held compassion..kindness something which she could only see in her Ayyappan's eyes.

"May I??"he asked.
Devika stepped aside in a trance,as he moved in and shut the doors.

He turned to look at her.She was still rooted to her place,staring at him in wonder.He smiled.

"Mani."he said holding out his hand.

Devika looked at the outstretched hand and then at the face of the man,who was smiling.His smile was the most beautiful one she had seen in a long long time.It was..well..divine!

"Devika."she said smiling back. 

Somehow she felt at ease with him.But there was one problem.What was a guy like him doing in a place like this??

"Wondering what I am doing here??"he asked as if reading her mind.
"Yes.."she replied startled.

"You will know in another 15-20 mins."he said smiling.
"Till then why don't we sit Devika??"
"Yes sure.."

They sat on the bed.Somehow Devika knew he wasn't here for any wrong purpose.She could sense something totally different..but she decided to keep that aside.

"What's your age??"she asked curious.
"35."he replied.
"Ohh.." 

Not that she was disappointed.She could not believe a 35-year old man could look like he was in his 20s.
"But then.."she thought,"He is completely different..yet so familiar!!

She was wondering what to address him as,when loud noises pulled her out of her thoughts.
Mani held her hands and took her toward the doors.He opened it a tad bit.
Devika's hands flew to her mouth.The floors were beginning to fill with policemen.

"Come we have to escape."whispered Mani.

Their floor was on the top.The police hadn't reached there yet.Mani pulled her and ran.

"This way."she whispered and began leading him out. Soon they were out of the brothel,through the back-door.
A policeman was coming straight toward them.Mani immediately pulled Devika behind a thick bush.The policeman stood guard at the back door.

Mani stealthily manevoured his way through the bushes holding Devika's hands.She could only wonder at his stealth and speed.

In around 5 minutes they had come quite a good distance away from the brothel.Devika looked at her surroundings..inhaling the fresh air.After what seemed like ages.
But she felt a tug at her wrist.It was Mani.

"Come on!!We still have a long way to go."he said pulling her toward the car parked nearby.

They got into the car.As the driver drove away,she wondered what was it that made her trust Mani,supposedly a complete stranger.

She felt an inexplainable connect with him...which seemed ancient..as ancient as the soul itself.

"Where are we going??"she asked.
"Railway station."he replied.
"What??"she asked surprised.

"Yes!From there,we board a train to Kerala."he chuckled at her shocked expression.
"KERALA??"she almost screamed.

"Hey relax!!You can trust me."he winked.
"I do.."her voice had reduced to a whisper.
"Sorry??"
"I trust you!!But where to in Kerala??"she asked lost.

"Pathanamthita.To your home."he stated simply.

She immediately looked at him,dumbfounded.

"How..how do you know??"she stuttered.
"I know everything Devika."he winked,smiling.

He saw that she looked unconvinced. "Just joking ma!I know your parents well.They too do.We are..you know like neighbours.Mr and Mrs Krishnan love me alot."he smiled widely.

She was surprised.Of course,nine years had passed since her seperation from her parents.
And the use of 'ma'..in Tamil,her language it was used to address someone small or dear,lovingly.But there was a brotherly tone to his voice..

"You..you are taking me back to my parents??"she whispered,teary.
"Yes ma..they will be very happy."he smiled,ruffling her hairs like an elder brother would.

Her thoughts flew back to the time she had spent with her parents.They loved her alot..10 blissful years of her life.
It was they who had imbibed within her..her love and devotion for Ayyappan.

"Oh no!!"she exclaimed.
"What happened??"he asked concerned.
"My idol of Anna..I mean Ayyappan..I left it back there,in the brothel."she cried.

He smiled."That's all??"he chuckled.

She glared at him.He did not know the importance that idol held for her!!It was her strength,her solace,her everything!

He fished around in a bag,she hadn't noticed earlier.Her eyes widened with joy and surprise as he held out her idol,intact and as glorious as it had been.

She almost snatched it from Mani's hands and hugged it to her chest,crying out of joy.

"You love Lord Ayyappan so much??"he asked tenderly.
She wiped her tears and nodded."Yes..he is all that I have had since the past 9 years.My strength,comfort and brother.."she smiled gazing at the idol with unwavering devotion.

"Brother??"Mani asked surprised.
"Yes!!"she said looking at him. "He can be anything to anyone.Father,mother,brother,friend, anything!! To me..he is my brother..my guide..my best friend."she smiled.

"But why only brother??"Mani persisted.
"Because..I had always yearned for one since childhood..and after my seperation from my parents..He became my everything..and I have always called him 'Anna' since my childhood..so.."Devika tried to explain.

Mani smiled knowingly. "I understand ma..your parents have told me about this.I was just curious to know whether you are still the same."
"How can someone's very origin and devotion change Anna??"she questioned when she realised what she had just uttered. 

She had called Mani..'Anna.'

He smiled widely. "Is 'Anna' only preserved for your Ayyappan??Not for anyone else??"he teased.

Devika blushed.Until the time she had met him,she had only seen a brother in Lord Ayyappan.But she did not know why...she felt an urge to call him 'Anna'.
Her heart could somehow feel the brotherly love he had for her.She could see it in his eyes.

"Nothing like that.."she said softly.
"Then you please call me Mani Anna.I am old enough to be your elder brother!"he chuckled.
"Its not about age..Mani Anna."she said looking at him in the eye.

He smiled tenderly.
"Haha!!We have reached the station.Lets go."

They boarded the train.Devika placed the idol against a pillow,only to earn a giggle from Mani.

"What??"she asked.
"You do know He hates comforts,don't you??"he teased,pointing at the idol.
"So??I don't want the idol to break!!"
"Okay Madam."he raised his hands up in surrender.

She laughed as they settled down next to each other.As the train began moving,Devika gazed out at the moving surroundings.
She felt as if she had entered a different world altogether..a world she had learnt to forget.Yet she had missed badly at times.

"Enjoying the scenery??"Mani asked pulling her out of her thoughts.
"How do you read my mind?!"
He simply shrugged."I told you.I know everything."he winked.

She threw him a Its-impossible look.

"How did you know I was at the brothel??"she asked after a few moments. 
He sighed.He looked as if he were searching for words to explain.

"Tell me..please??"

"Well.."he began,"For starters I have known your parents since 2 years.They had told me about you.Actually,most of the times they speak only about you.Every moment their prayers are dedicated to you,to finding you."he paused to wipe her tears.

"The Commissioner of Mumbai Police happens to be my best-friend.He was looking to raid your brothel but needed some proof.Hence he rounded me up and asked me to pose as a prospective client.Said my looks and manners could deceive anyone."he winked. 

"So when I was busy collecting evidence,that lady at the brothel showed me your pic as a prospective..you know...Then itself,I knew I had to save you.I spoke to the Commissioner and we planned an operation.That's how you are here right now."he said concerned at her changing expressions.

Devika wrapped her arms around her knees. "Thank you so much Anna.."she whispered.

Nine years of hell.Had suddenly come to an end.She couldn't believe it.It still seemed like a beautiful dream!!

"I was 10 Anna..when I came to know I couldn't go to Sabarimala anymore.I cried my heart out as my father left for Sabarimala.My mother failed to console me.After two days..she took me to another famous Ayyappan temple in Kerala..quite far away from our house.While she was talking to a friend..I wandered away.I was picked up by someone...and the next thing I knew was..I was in a child labour factory next to the brothel."she wept.

Mani pulled her into his arms,comforting her.
Her tears hurt him beyond anything.He wiped a lone tear as she continued,

"I was put through child labour..beatings and finally...from the past 6 months..prostitution.It was pure hell.."she sobbed.

Her dam had finally burst.He did not attempt to calm her down.She needed to cry out all her sufferings.
Finally after a few minutes,

"But nothing ever made me weak.Because these difficulties made me realize that my Ayyappan resides in my heart..and my heart is the purest temple.I never lost my faith Anna..and look!!Finally all the darkness has vanished."she said looking up at him and smiling.

He smiled back tenderly,wiping her tears away. "Kanna..that is why you are here today.Because you remained strong.You never lost your faith even in the darkest times.You know your Ayyappan is there for everyone,but devotees like you hold a special place in his heart,right??"

She nodded,smiling widely. "And he has been my guiding light!!The light in the unending darkness.."she trailed off. "You know Mani Anna??I feel you are like a blessing he has sent."she looked at him and smiled.

"Ahaaa!!"he giggled shaking his head."Whatever I am,you need to catch some sleep instead of talking so much!!"he teased looking at her yawning sleepily.

He earned a slap on his elbow. "Sleep ma"he said indicating his lap.

Devika smiled.She laid her head on his sleep and drifted off into a peaceful sleep after 9 long years,as her Mani Anna caressed her hairs lovingly.It had a calming and magically soothing effect.

As she drifted into unconsciousness..she felt it was her Ayyappan whose lap she was sleeping on.That ancient connect...

High above,the Devas and Rishimunis looked on in awe at the pure devotion Devika had for the Lord and the Lord's love for her..

Doneee!!That's it for Part 1. The next part will be the concluding one for this story. This is my first try at this kind of writing..something urged me to do it!! 

Hope You'll like it!😊
Please do Like and Leave a Comment! πŸ˜Š

Edited by EternalStars. - 7 years ago
Reswa first
Unreswaaa πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Lakshmi, this is fantastic πŸ‘πŸ‘
"Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa"
I have no words. A brother-sister bond is the most beautiful ever seen :) I love this :) Amazing πŸ‘πŸ‘
Devika pours her heart out to 'Mani' 😭😭
It was amazing.
Update fast ❀️

And I am your inspiration 😲
You didn't have to mention me. I am happy to have made you write this, as it is amazing :) Can't wait πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 7 years ago
Originally posted by KrishnaPriyaa

Reswa first

Unres unres!!πŸ˜†
Originally posted by lechu10

nice :)

Thank You!!😳
Originally posted by kartikaJA

awesome update

Thank You!πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by rockstarlover

beautifulπŸ‘

Thank You!!😳
Originally posted by KrishnaPriyaa

Reswa first
Unreswaaa πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Lakshmi, this is fantastic πŸ‘πŸ‘
"Swamiye Sharanam Ayyappa"
I have no words. A brother-sister bond is the most beautiful ever seen :) I love this :) Amazing πŸ‘πŸ‘
Devika pours her heart out to 'Mani' 😭😭
It was amazing.
Update fast ❀️

And I am your inspiration 😲
You didn't have to mention me. I am happy to have made you write this, as it is amazing :) Can't wait πŸ˜ƒ

Shruthaa!!πŸ€— Thanks for such an awesome comment!πŸ˜ƒ Yes,bro-sis bond is my favorite!πŸ˜† You can sense its essence in my TaaRey stories too.πŸ˜› Of course I had to mention you!!Your stories gave me the confidence to write this..😳
This shot was one that goes right through your heart and makes you smile! Please post the next shot soon!
Originally posted by _Meena_

nice work

Thank You!!πŸ˜ƒ