Baadshaho will release on 26th Jan:Milan Luthria

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Baadshaho, Kaabil and Raees: The fight for 26th January 2017 intensifies

2 hours ago
3 min read

For a film that looked immensely promising from its teaser, the utter mess that Shah Rukh Khan's Raees' finds itself in, is unfortunate to say the least. The official announcement of Raees' releasing on 26th January 2017, has resulted in an all out attack against Ritesh Sidhwani and the makers of the Rahul Dholakia film.

Baadshaho director Milan Luthria has released a statement confirming that his film will come on the same date. He said "We are on schedule and we were the first ones to announce the release date. We will not be shifting our release date"

Meanwhile, Rakesh Roshan is upset with the announcement too. While there were reports that Shah Rukh called up both Rakesh and Hrithik to discuss the date, the senior Roshan denied the news. But added that his film won't move from 26th January.

"No one approached me, my release date was announced in February this year for 26th January 2017 and I am sticking to it. Who comes or who doesn't is not my problem" Rakesh was quoted as saying by Deccan Chronicle.

In our article titled Best Release Date for Raees', which was published more than 2 weeks ago, we had said "the new date shouldn't end up in yet another clash".

To avert one clash, the think-tanks at Excel Entertainment and Red Chillies Entertainment have opted for a date that was already occupied by films featuring two major stars - Hrithik Roshan's Kaabil and Ajay Devgn's Baadshaho.

Both films are well on schedule to release in January next year. The pre-production work of Baadshaho has already begun and the film will go on floors as soon as Ajay is done with his directorial venture Shivaay'.

Rakesh Roshan has already released a digital poster to slam the release of Kaabil'.

Few questions for the Raees makers:

1. If two films can't release on a major weekend like Eid, a period during which Bajrangi Bhaijaan collected Rs 321 crore at the domestic box office. Does it make even an iota of business sense to announce a big film like Raees' with two other major films during the Republic Day weekend - the period during which the highest grosser has only collected Rs 128 crore?
  2. The makers of Raees' simply cannot afford to postpone the film again - moving out of the Eid weekend has caused enough embarrassment already. So why didn't you internally discuss, sort out the dates before releasing the press statement?
  3. Are you going to release a film 2 years after the teaser was out? Will the audience be excited?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Raees can earn much more on eid with a clash or on non holiday solo release than 26 Jan with two other movies 
Ritesh Sidwani is so stupid 
Edited by TheRowdiest - 7 years ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Let Kaabil Badhshaho clash Raees should be preponed to 2016 to sept if not the eid
awkardpyscho thumbnail
Isnt it better to clash with one movie then with two?? Should have released on Eid itself, it doesnt even look like a bad movie that SRK should be scared of
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I don't know why cant they release Raees on 2nd Oct or Dussehra 2016? Releasing 3 films on same date and that too all from A-listers doesn't make any sense. But if Excel is so keen to clash let it be. The way RR has shown confidence in Kaabil, I am sure he won't move the date. 
cpatel90 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

Baadshaho, Kaabil and Raees: The fight for 26th January 2017 intensifies

2 hours ago
3 min read

For a film that looked immensely promising from its teaser, the utter mess that Shah Rukh Khan's Raees' finds itself in, is unfortunate to say the least. The official announcement of Raees' releasing on 26th January 2017, has resulted in an all out attack against Ritesh Sidhwani and the makers of the Rahul Dholakia film.

This is how unbiased reporting is done. Why the hell would Indicine would be so much worried about Raees being released with two other films?
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
raees team totally lost it and deserve all the bashing right now
i mean how they are thinking they cant compete on biggest release date like Eid and chopose to compete with two film with very ordinary release date

🤣
raj80 thumbnail
the producers r crazy to avert the clash against one film and then look to clash with two films...
Edited by raj80 - 7 years ago
fitoori_kudi thumbnail
excel wale pagala gye hai ðŸ¤ª
what kind of stupidity is this ? Raees should move on, choose a new date, this does not make any sense. Cannot blame Ajay and Hrithik as they had chosen the date and should not move now just to favor SRK. SRK has dug his own grave this time that too knowing that both Ajay and Hrithik are capable of big opening too.