..optimist.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey friends... Thank you so much for liking my OS - The Bridge. I was overwhelmed by the response. Here's another OS, a totally different one... Hope you enjoy it... 

TERE BIN

Khushi was missing Arnav a lot. He had been on a business trip for almost a week now. "One more week to go..." thought Khushi sadly as she lay on the bed thinking about Arnav. It was about 11:30 pm. Khushi wasn't able to sleep. She was already missing him so much and the thought of one more week away from Arnav was troubling her. She grabbed her phone and texted Arnav... Missing you... She waited for Arnav's reply, checking her phone every now and then. She soon fell asleep without even knowing.

Khushi woke up next morning to see no reply from Arnav. She was very upset now. Did he not miss her at all? She felt really bad. 'Gm' she texted him again. After two long hours she got the reply 'Gm' from Arnav. Khushi sent him a sad smiley and nothing more. 

(Arnav) Arey, kya hua? 😕

(Khushi) Kuchh nahi :|

Naraz ho? 

Aap ko kya fark padta hai...! 😡

Fark toh padega hi 

Lagta toh nahi 

Aisa kyun keh rahi ho 

Kal raat hum ne kuchh kaha tha aap se 😳

Kya?

Dekha, yaad bhi nahi aap ko! You don't care! 

Arey... Oh achha... Woh missing you?

Baat mut keejiye aap hum se! 😡

Arey... Main busy tha... Reh gaya reply karna...

Haan haan, aap ko toh sirf kaam hi dikhaayi deta hai... Yahan biwi intezaar kiye jaa rahi hai uss ki koi chinta hi nahi 

Kaha na, busy tha... Bohot kaam hai
Bye

Khushi was more upset now... She just threw her phone on the bed without replying. 

"Bohot hua!" said Khushi to herself, "Arnav ji ko koi parva hi nahi... Ab humein hi kuchh karna hoga!" she said thoughtfully. Her eyes sparkled as a plan struck her mind. She called Arnav.

"Abhi busy hoon Khushi!" was the reply she got. Khushi was angry listening to this from Arnav.

She purposely coughed on the phone. "Arnav ji..." she said in a weak voice, pretending to be sick. Arnav was worried listening to her voice at first.

"Kya hua Khushi? Tum theek toh ho?" he asked instantly.

Khushi smiled mischievously to herself and said, "Tabiyat theek nahi lag rahi Arnav ji... Bukhaar aaya hai 104... Dekhiye na, awaaz bhi kitni baith gayi hai... Aur humaare saath koi hai bhi nahi... Kitne akele hain hum yahan..." she said in a trembling voice.

"What the..." Arnav instantly recognized that this was all fake. Khushi was just acting to be ill so that Arnav would return early. "Nautanki kahin ki.." he thought smiling to himself. He too showed as if he didn't care at all. "Itna kya hua hai... Bukhaar hi aaya hai na... Dawai le lo, theek ho jaayega kal tak..."

Khushi's jaw dropped listening to Arnav's reply. She coughed again in an effort to convince Arnav to come back. She was pretty sure this idea would work. But to her surprise, Arnav bluntly said, "Chalo, mujhe bohot kaam hai... Bye!" and he disconnected the call.

Khushi's eyes watered instantly. Her plan had failed. But Arnav had his plans!

It was 11:00 pm. Khushi was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling. A lone tear escaped her eye as she thought about Arnav. "Hum bhi kitne pagal hain, bekaar mein Arnav ji ko tang karte rehte hain" she said to herself. "Kaam ke liye gaye hain, kaam hi karenge na! Hum bhi na..." she hit her head lightly. "Abhi Arnav ji kaam mein uljhe hain na, isliye zyada baat nahi kar rahein... Lekin hum jaante hain woh hum se bohot pyaar karte hain! Ek hafte ki hi toh baat hai... Aa jaayenge" she said wiping her tears. She saw his photo on her phone. "Good night, Arnav ji!" she wished him. "I love you!" she said kissing the mobile screen. Soon she was asleep.

Arnav checked his watch as he stood in front of the door. 11:30 pm. He saw the lights were off. He could see the dim light of the night lamp from the bedroom window. "So my beautiful wife is already sleeping..." he said to himself as he opened the door with his keys and silently went to the bedroom. Keeping is bag on the floor, he looked at the little figure of his dear wife sleeping peacefully. He went near her and gently kissed her forehead. "Tum chaahti thi na main wapas aa jaaun... Dekho, aa gaya... Tumhare liye jaldi kaam khatam kiya..." he whispered. Khushi was in deep sleep. He thought not to disturb her. He kissed her forehead again and turned to go change his clothes. The moment he turned, he felt a blow on his back. Before he could understand anything, Khushi began hitting him hard with all her power...
 "Kaun hain aap!! Door rahiye hum se!! Haath mut lagana, samjhe!!!!" She was shouting and hitting him hard. Arnav turned to stop her, but Khushi was beyond control. "Wahin ruk jaayiye... Paas aane ki koshish bhi mut karna!! Mere pati chhodenge nahi aap ko!!" 

Arnav burst out laughing listening to that. "Achha?" he said in a different and cruel voice. He was thoroughly enjoying the situation. "Kuchh nahi kar paayega tumhara pati!! Kahan hai woh... Bulaao toh... Main bhi dekhta hoon kya karta hai...!" he said. As he moved closer to Khushi to stop her, she climbed up the bed and began hitting him with a pillow. She was really scared now. She was crying as she tried to run away from this wicked guy. But Arnav got hold of her arms. 

"Chhodiye mujhe!!!" Khushi yelled. "Arnav ji!!!" she cried at the top of her voice wishing he was here.

Arnav realised that Khushi was scared to the core. He could feel the intensity of her calling his name. He just pulled her strongly towards himself and hugged him tightly. "Khushi... Main hoon... Tumhara Arnav!" Khushi didn't seem to hear that. She was still struggling to get away from him. "Khushi!" Arnav said strongly, "shant ho jaao! Main yahin hoon, tumhare paas!" Khushi was surprised and she hugged him tightly. She was crying badly. Arnav just held her tightly and comforted her. "Sorry... Mujhe mazak nahi karna chahiye tha.." he said. 

"Hum aap se nafrat karte hain!!" said Khushi hugging him tightly. 

Arnav smiled at his cutie pie. "Lekin tum hi maarne lagi mujhe, main kya karta!" he complained. 

Khushi looked angrily at him and said, "Aise choron ki tarah ghar mein ghusenge aap toh maarenge hi na!" 

Arnav hugged her again, "Oh ho, main toh tumhein surprise dena chaahta tha" he said sweetly. 

Khushi composed herself. "Aap ne toh mujhe dara hi diya Arnav ji... Aap nahi jaante main..." her voice choked. 

Arnav tried to lighten up the mood. "Toh... kaisa laga mera surprise?" he asked raising is eyebrows. 

Khushi smiled. "Aap itni jaldi kaise aa gaye? Aap toh ek hafte baad aanewaale thay na?" she asked. 

"Ab kya karun... Tum mujhe itna miss jo kar rahi thi... Toh chala aaya..." replied Arnav.

"Ohh! Toh hum miss kar rahi thay isliye aaye? Aap humein miss nahi kar rahe thay?" asked Khushi with fake anger.

"Sach bataun ya jhooth?" asked Arnav mischieviously.

"Mmm... Jhooth" said Khushi with equal mischief.

"Ok... Phir maine tumhein bilkul miss nahi kiya" said Arnav with a wink.

Khushi knew he would say that. She smiled.

"Bohot naraz thi na mujhse?" asked Arnav. "Tum jitna miss kar rahi thi na, uss se zyada main tumhein miss kar raha tha... Isliye toh zyada kaam kar ke khatam kar diya aur chala aaya..."

Khushi felt so good listening to that. "Itna miss kar rahe thay aap humein?" 

"Haan... Bohot!" replied Arnav. "Reh nahi paata tum se door..."

"Achha?" asked Khushi wanting to listen to more from Arnav. "Aur?" she whispered.

Arnav held her by the waist and pulled towards himself... He replied...

Tere bin mera jee na lage...
Tere bin na aaye chain...
Har pal jeena hai tere saath...
Tere saath rehna hai din-rain...

Hope you enjoyed reading it... Waiting eagerly for your feedback 😊

Edited by ..optimist.. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Downhill thumbnail
simply brilliant
loved itg
foreverhers thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
RESERVED
UNRESERVED

Woah! After that poignant One Shot, I was expecting something akin to it but then I'm glad that this had a completely complementing genre than the other one.
This one was sweet and serene.
Sometimes distances strengthen the foundations of a relationship in a very beautiful manner, something which this One Shot reflected as well.
That was so lovely on Arnav's part to have finished more than assigned work in a short span of time only for his wife. That's so kawaii!
Would love to read more of such beautiful One Shorts.
Do pen down more!
Edited by -Kryptic.Keya- - 8 years ago
ShahSAIR thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
haaay sachi mai I Am too Missing You Arnavji.. Ab Jaldi Waps Aaye Barun Satya Ki Kiran Mai
optimist_arshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Junglebee

simply brilliant
loved itg

Thank you! Glad you loved it 😃
optimist_arshi thumbnail

Thank you 😳
..optimist.. thumbnail

Thank you 😳
foreverhers thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I have unreserved my comment on 1st page
I'm extremely sorry for unreserving it so late.
Edited by -Kryptic.Keya- - 8 years ago
..optimist.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Kryptic.Keya-

I have unreserved my comment on 1st page
I'm extremely sorry for unreserving it so late.

No problem at all... Please don't say sorry... 
..optimist.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Kryptic.Keya-

RESERVED
UNRESERVED

Woah! After that poignant One Shot, I was expecting something akin to it but then I'm glad that this was had a completely complementing genre than the other one.
This one was sweet and serene.
Sometimes distances strengthen the foundations of a relationship in a very beautiful manner, something which this One Shot reflected as well.
That was so lovely on Arnav's part to have finished more than assigned work in a short span of time only for his wife. That's so kawaii!
Would love to read more of such beautiful One Shorts.
Do pen down more!

Another long comment 😃 Thank you so much 🤗
Yes, this was a completely different OS and I am so glad you liked it. 
Thanks for the encouragement... Will surely try to write more, now that there are readers like you to support and encourage 😊