(T1) Unknown Events - Arshi FF [Completed]

Checkmatee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

animated-star-image-0093UNKNOWN EVENTS animated-star-image-0093

Presenting, the one and only

********************************************************************************************************

INDEX 

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 1 (Below)

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 2

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 3

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 4

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 5

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 6

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 7

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 8

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 9

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 10

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 11

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 12

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 13

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 14

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 15

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 16

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 17

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 18

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 19

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 20

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 21

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 22

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 23

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 24

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 25

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 26

animated-star-image-0163  Chapter 27

animated-star-image-0163  Thread 2  (Chap 28 - 30)

**********************************************************************************************************

Hi! I update everyday (except for the weekends) so I will not be sending any PMs   😃

Chapter 1

Hearts graphics

"Please hold on while your call is being transferred" the assistant with the sweet voice relayed
the message.There was some buzzing before there was a connection.

There was a sound of a click. "Yea?" A husky yet firm voice came through.

"H..hello?" She squeaked, breathless with wide eyes. She hadn't anticipated such a voice.

He frowned. "Yea?" He repeated, irritated while shuffling his files around. The sudden change from the sweet voice of the assistant to the gruff voice of the man made Khushi gulp.She took a deep breath.

"Ah hmm.. i .. I'm uh.. A-actually-" Khushi tried to get the words out, but her eyes widened further as she heard the reply and slowly her anger started to get the better of her.

"What the! Listen, I'm a very busy man. Do you know how much money I could've made in the last ten seconds instead of having this stupid conversation with you while you stammer away? " God, khushi frowned, what conversation? We barely spoke two words! 

He continued "Huh? Why do you even call when you can't speak properly?" Arnav bit out. Khushi's eyes narrowed and her lips pursed in irritation. Just who did he think he was?

"Answer me! That's it; I'm going to fire my assistant for putting your call through to me. What was she thinking? And you, phones are meant for talking. Not for stammering or for staying
silent. And you should know what you want to say before calling someone instead
of wasting their time."

Khushi was stunned.

"Do you even know who I am? You obviously don't otherwise you wouldn't have dared
to call me and waste my time. Now, hang up!
" And the line went dead.

Khushi's jaw fell open as the stared at the receiver with big round eyes. What just happened? God! Because of her that sweet sounding assistant of that arrogant man will get fired?

How dare he think she didn't know what phones are for? Of course she knew what she wanted to say, but did she get a chance to say it? No.

He rambled on and on, asked her to hang up, but hung up himself? She frowned deeply. What a mix of arrogance and weirdness, she thought to herself and pitied his staff.

Her eyes widened and she gasped. Oh no. He hung up on her! That was not how it was supposed to go! What will she tell her manager now? She hid her pretty face in her manicured hands, remembering what happened in the meeting just 20 minutes ago.

*20 minutes ago*

"So now that we've come to the end of the meeting, are there any further questions?" The manager concluded and looked around the table of 7. Murmurs of excitement and anticipation filled the air as there was a new client, a big client to bag.

Sitting up higher in her chair, she crossed one shapely leg with a sharp heel over the other and leaned one elbow on the long conference table before gracefully sweeping the fringe off her face with her other manicured hand.

A smug smile on her make up covered face, she lifted a perfectly polished and manicured finger and everyone else fell silent, waiting.

"Yes?" The manager raised an eyebrow.

"Um, when could I get all information? I would like to start working on it as soon as possible."
She sweetly spoke.

The insinuation wasn't lost on anyone in the room and a few rolled their eyes at her assumption.

The manager narrowed his eyes at her. "The information will be handed out soon.." He watched as she smiled victoriously. But it didn't last long. "But not to you."

She stiffened in her chair and bit her lower lip.

He continued "To her" he pointed and she looked over to the chosen girl who had her eyes wide open. 

She pursed her lips but smiled sweetly, accepting the manager's decision while she seethed from the inside. One manicured hand clenched into a fist on the table. 

She was very good at hiding her emotions on the spot. After all, she has had years of practice. She looked over to the other chosen girl who would be getting the information on the new potential client they were trying to get on board with their company, U^3 Events. 

She mentally noted how everyone was snickering to themselves quietly at her for not getting her hands on the new potential client.

She rolled her eyes discreetly, narrowing her eyes at the girl with whom she would need to act
sweetly with again just so she could get more information about the client.

It was she who should have gotten this contract, not that girl who still had her eyes wide and an open mouth that was rounder than the moon. 

But she didn't have to worry, she would get it eventually. Apparently more sweet talking would be needed, she assumed. Putting on a good act, she turned to face the manager.

"Sure! Someone as hardworking as Khushi should be given this contract, she is  doing quite well. " Years of practice enabled her to keep the contempt out of her voice.

"Meanwhile, I will just focus on further communications and dealing with our existing
clients since I'm good at that.
" Khuraisha reiterated her strength and flashed
a smile. 

"Hmm" was the manager's response. "Moving on" he continued, not giving Khuraisha much importance.

"Khushi" he turned to look at Khushi "I have full confidence that you will handle this well. I have seen your work; you are dedicated, sincere and hardworking." He praised. 

He considered his next words. "I must warn you though, we have never tried to take on this client before seeing as he is a big fish in the ocean and his name is already established in the fashion and design market. It might be difficult to convince him to collaborate with
our company. Even then, with our company's established and growing portfolio, I
believe we are ready to engage this client." 

Khushi looked on at the manager in awe, registering how the manager chose his words carefully. It seemed like this client was a big shot and that her company was finally good enough to take him in as a client. That indicated exactly how high the client's standards would be. She gulped.

Could she do it?

"As I have mentioned" the manager went on "since we have never previously engaged this client, you will need to dig up all relevant information you can pertaining to his company in order to seal the deal. That means additional research apart from whatever material that will be given to you from our side. The rest will be up to you Khushi. Okay? Ask anyone for help
whenever you need any, don't be nervous. Now is the time to shine Khushi. Just
do what you have been doing so far, but put in a little more effort with this
particular case. He is stubborn, but you can do this.
" The manager
encouraged. His comforting eyes gave Khushi assurance. 

Khushi swallowed and nodded, thankful for the kind and encouraging words her manager
directed at her. And then mentally, she furiously prayed to her God. Will I be able to do it? By the sound of it, this client seemed like a big deal and is pretty important to the company.

"Thank you for the opportunity sir, I will not disappoint you." Khushi promised. 

The manager nodded. He turned to look at the others. "Meeting dismissed then, get back to work." He looked at his secretary.

"Anita, after you finish summarizing the meeting minutes, pass the relevant stack of information about AR Group to Khushi" he instructed before leaving the room. 

*Present time*

Khushi lifted her face from her hands and wondered what to do next. Sorrow filled her as she remembered how she failed in communicating with the client just seconds ago. What would she tell her manager? She had promised not to disappoint him and she had done just that.

Within seconds, she just lost an extremely important client within seconds due to her nervousness and her stuttering. Tears filled her eyes and she thought back to the conversation.

How rude he was! 

Just as her manager had advised, after the meeting Khushi had immediately started with her research on AR Group and the client, a businessman by the name of Arnav Singh Raizada.

She was curious to have one look at the man himself and she eagerly swept through the official website of AR. But unfortunately for her, as usual she couldn't view the images.

Her computer popped up with the little box notifying her that her system needs to be updated and that images have failed to load as she has yet to install the latest version of some flash
player. 

She frowned and for the first time she considered upgrading her system but then quickly changed her mind. She remembered what happened the last time she had done that, all her data had been erased even after having saved each and every last file! 

Anyway, there was no need to see his face, she just needed to talk to him over the phone, she consoled herself. Still, she couldn't help but be intrigued by this new client that everyone was talking about.

Never before in the last eight months of her time in this company had any other potential client stirred up such excitement. 

And then she thought back to her manager's kind words. "You are dedicated, sincere and hardworking.. put in a little more effort with this particular case. He is stubborn, but you can do this.." 

Determination filled her. She blinked away her tears. She sat up straight in her chair. Picking up her phone, she hit redial.

Next

Chapter 2

Hearts graphics

Edited by Checkmatee - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChitraF thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Nice start,, interesting.. 
shafqee80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Start is interesting ..one request ...plz do complete it
phillips_2909 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
continue soon

what she is up to
thanks for the pm
archa2810 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Seems interesting... looking forward to read more 
-Roshini- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting. Looking forward to it
charmfriend thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow..
Fabulous... Continue soon
Checkmatee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Hi! I update everyday (except for the weekends) so I will not be sending any PMs   😃

Chapter 2 

Hearts graphics

Determination filled her. She blinked away her tears. She sat up straight in her chair. Picking up her phone, she hit redial.

*20 minutes ago*

"Aman, you have two minutes to explain. And it better be good." Arnav stood across from a slightly shivering Aman. He crossed his muscular arms across his chest and stared at Aman.

They were in ASR's cabin with just a table and two chairs between them. But judging by how angry ASR was, Aman wouldn't have been surprised if he broke the tables and chairs between them to strangle him.

"I'm waiting!" Arnav snapped, not appreciating the silence.

"ASR, the Mehta's want to renegotiate, I tried explaining to them but-"

"But obviously you couldn't do that much, could you?" Arnav bit out. Aman didn't bother defending himself and stayed silent, recognizing that his boss's mood was crappier than usual.

Arnav ran his hand across his gelled hair. "What is their problem?" Arnav started pacing his cabin.

"They want to do the photo shoot, but on their terms instead. They want to change the location. Also, they're not happy with our lead model. Something about her not having the right look-"

"That just sounds like a bunch of excuses to me, Aman. It seems like they want to postpone our deal. Maybe they are delaying this because they've got a better offer from another company?" Arnav thought out loud to himself for the last bit. 

"Or they want me to think they're going to someone else so that I'll agree to renegotiation on his terms which will obviously mean our loss."

His pacing came to an abrupt stop. He leaned over his desk and placed both palms faced down to support his weight. 

"They're stalling. But they forget Arnav Singh Raizada doesn't wait for anyone. You tell them that this deal will happen as signed and planned, and on my terms. If they still have a problem, tear the contract into pieces, and move onto the next client." Arnav instructed, looking straight at Aman without blinking.

One of the many things Aman admired and respected Arnav for was his ability to remain firm in his decisions and not stray or panic even with the possibility of losing a client.

Arnav straightened from the back and crossed his arms again, his suit defining his muscles well. His frame and outline screamed of power.

"And tell Mehta that the next time he wants to trick me, come up with a better lie. He chose that girl to be the lead model, and now all of a sudden she doesn't have the right look? I don't buy it. Tell him I don't do business with people like him."  Arnav dismissed him. Yet another thing Aman admired Arnav for. His ability to remember the smallest details.

ASR was right, Aman had been present in the Mehta's meeting too, and Mehta had personally chosen the girl to be the lead model and now all of a sudden he has a problem. Perhaps he was trying to fool ASR into thinking that they got a better deal from someone else and were hoping ASR would renegotiate?

Bad move, Mehta, Aman thought.

"I'll notify them right away sir" Aman made a move to leave.

"Not notify Aman. You end the discussion right there." ASR commanded in a stern voice.

Aman simply nodded and left.

Arnav sat down on his big black swivel chair and leaned back to rest his throbbing head against the comfortable headrest. Damn the headache, he mumbled. On top of that, there's this mess with the Mehtas. He looked around at his messy desk with some files laid around. Just as he was about to lift his fingers to massage his temple, his phone rang.

Now what?

Sound of a click. "Yea?" He almost barked into the phone. 

"H..hello?" She squeaked, breathless. Arnav was taken aback for a moment by the breathless voice, so feminine. And if he wasn't wrong, she sounded slightly scared. The corners of his usually stern lips curled up slightly into an amused smile.

What the! Arnav Singh Raizada smiling at the phone? Realizing his own thoughts, he snapped out of the trance.

He frowned. "Yea?" He repeated irritated while shuffling his files around. He tried to keep busy by clearing his messy desk and tried to distract his stubborn mind that was still stuck on the word hello' uttered by this unknown girl.

"Ah hmm.. i .. I'm uh.. A-actually-" Arnav could hear her struggling to form a sentence and his patience snapped. Already he had a headache, a deal gone south and now this girl on the phone just wouldn't spit it out. Clearing all thoughts of amusement of this girl from his mind, he blasted. 

"What the! Listen, I'm a very busy man. Do you know how much money I could've made in the last ten seconds instead of having this stupid conversation with you while you stammer away? " He continued "Huh? Why do you even call when you can't speak properly?" Arnav bit out. Impatiently he waited for a reply. He got none. His anger surged.

"Answer me! That's it, I'm going to fire my assistant for putting your call through to me. What was she thinking? And you, phones are meant for talking. Not for stammering or for staying silent. And you should know what you want to say before calling someone instead of wasting their time. Do you even know who I am? You obviously don't otherwise you wouldn't have dared to call me and waste my time. Now, hang up!" In anger, he hung up and the line went dead.

He stared at the phone. Momentarily, he felt a little bad for venting his anger at the unknown girl just like that. He was taking out his irritation about the Mehta case and his headache on that girl.

What the! Since when did Arnav Singh Raizada feel bad?

His eyes widened a little as he realized what he had done in the end. He told her to hang up, but hung up himself? What must she be thinking? Shaking his head out of her thoughts, he got back into anger mode.

*Present time*

"Come into my cabin now." He dialed the line to his secretary/assistant whose cabin was just next to his. A shaking-with-fear woman knocked timidly on his cabin door.

"Come in" he ordered. Hesitating, she walked in slowly. "Yes ASR?" she stared intently at the floor.

"Who was that woman whose call you just put through to me?" he inquired with a twinge of curiosity. It's ridiculous how affected he was by that voice.

"Um.. sir it was this lady, she wanted to-"

"I didn't ask what she wanted, I asked who was she?" he was restless. Leaving the perusal of the floor, she looked up at him with a questioning gaze.

"I.. I meant of course what did she want?" he quickly corrected himself.

"Didn't she tell you?" she was confused. "ASR, I-"

The shrill sound of the ringtone coming from her cabin cut off her words.

He indicated for her to answer it and she almost ran out, breathing in relief. Saved by the bell! Plopping onto her chair, she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello." Khushi answered sternly before realizing it was the sweet sounding assistant.

"Um.. hi, I just called earlier, about five minutes ago.." Khushi trailed off.

The secretary looked up to see ASR across the glass separating their cabins. She wondered why this girl had called again.

"Yes, what can I do for you?" She inquired.

"I would like you to put me through to that khado- I mean ASR, please" Khushi stopped herself from slipping up, the word khadoos at the tip of her tongue.

The secretary hid her smile. Khadoos! What a fitting name for ASR, she thought, still staring at his profile from her cabin. Remembering his earlier questions, she quickly clarified.

"In a minute, first can I know who is calling, and from where?" She gently asked, genuinely interested to know more about this girl.

"Oh, where are my manners." Khushi mumbled and hit her forehead. "Hi, I'm Khushi Kumari Gupta calling from U3 Events." She informed professionally.

"I am Lavanya Kashyap, AR Group of Companies, secretary to ASR." Lavanya told her.

Khushi's grip on the phone tightened at the mention of that infuriating man. "Lavanyaji, could you connect me to ASRji again?" Khushi asked politely.

Khadoos to ASRji? Lavanya laughed slightly at this amusing girl. Hmm, she thought. This was interesting. ASR seemed desperate to know who she was. And now she's asking for him again..

"You said you're calling from U3 Events?" Lavanya sat up straighter, grabbed a pen and took notes. "May I know what this is regarding?"

"Sure. U3 Events would like to invite AR Group to participate in the upcoming fashion event happening in 6 months. The name of the event is Dazzle, where small to big fashion companies will come together to meet targeted buyers and customers." Khushi explained in a breath, hoping that she sounded confident.

"Hmm.." Lavanya considered her words. AR Group already had their own events team and took part in mostly international exhibitions and sometimes even held their own events. Her eyes wandered to ASR. There was little chance ASR would even consider or entertain this girl's words.

She went against her better judgment.

"I could connect you to our marketing or sales manager" she said slowly.

"No! I uh.. I mean, it would be better if I could speak to the man himself. ASRji.." Khushi whispered, hoping she didn't come across weird.

The man himself! Lavanya shook her head at the way different ways Khushi referred to ASR. Such apt nicknames!

"Alright Khushi, I'll connect you to khado- I mean ASR" Lavanya spoke with a mischievous grin while Khushi's cheeks flushed, embarrassed.

"One advice, whatever you do, don't call him ASR..ji" Lavanya informed, knowing ASR's anger would hit the roof if someone addressed him as anything other than ASR.

"Thank you Lavanyaji" Khushi was grateful.

"Please wait while your call is being transferred." Lavanya informed.

She added "Also, good luck!" Lavanya quickly connected Khushi's call to ASR without letting Khushi speak. Meanwhile, Khushi wondered why she had just been wished.

"ASR, that girl you were asking about.." Lavanya almost shrunk in her chair as ASR's head snapped and he stared at her through the glass.

"She's called again. She's calling from U3-" Lavanya quickly informed him, wanting to hide from his intense gaze.

"Put her through" Arnav said immediately, cutting her off. Lavanya almost raised an eyebrow at the urgency in his voice but instead just nodded. She had noticed the excitement in his voice. They both hung up.

Before picking up his ringing phone, Arnav reached over to draw the blinds to his cabin, keeping out the rest of the world as his glass cabin was now covered from prying eyes. In her own cabin, Lavanya smiled cheekily as she noticed his cabin was now covered, giving him privacy. Good luck to Khushi indeed!

Relaxing back in his chair, he eyed this phone and let three rings pass before leisurely picking up the phone.

Previous 

Chapter 1

Next

Chapter 3 

Hearts graphics

Edited by Checkmatee - 7 years ago
Marinajan thumbnail
nice update...love it...read it both parts now its amazing love it...plzzz update soon...and thnx for pm..
Downhill thumbnail
simply brilliant
loved it,