Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

A kid, she is mere 18, already married.  Forget about having necessary education/expertise to be financially independent, does she even possess self- knowledge, or is even emotionally mature.

So he strung her like a puppet.  He is a master of the carrot/stick game- cannot use the perfume but you get to meet your aunt.  Not sure why it a sign of  love when your spouse dictates what you wear. Is it a need for approval?  (trying to understand the likes of Payal, Khushi is too young, she is conditioned not thinking independently). 

Many a time self takes a back seat for the sake of a relationship.  Do we even know when to draw a line?  Couples, friends, amongst siblings or a parent/child.

There is an ease in relationship between Arnav and Khushi.   Just like with Lavanya, Arnav relationship with Aman is unbalanced- he gains (unintentionally maybe) more from it than Aman.

Archu61 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am a big fan of yours as you write stories that are so out of the box ,but your characters carry so much character in the way they look at the world ,they have their faults ,and insecurities but it adds to the storyb,and givesit added power ,we the readers are pulled along with you,on this journey where we discover new concepts and new way of viewing the world ,looking fwd to more .
Mrieshka thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
What an unhealthy relationship between Khushi and Teddy. However it is not uncommon especially in so many arranged marriages even nowadays. Young girl is told whole life to please hubby and family and they loose their own identity completely to please them and worse is that everyone take them happily married couple/family and some of them spend their whole life in this pseudo kind of happiness. Waiting to know more about Khushi and this Teddy, I hope they are not together anymore.

It was nice meeting between Payal and Arnav. I can see already easy comrademanship developing between Khushi and Arnav. Both understand each other very well without using much words. So they are going for hunting clock-- may be it will be a unique kind of date for them( picturising in my headπŸ˜›
). 
amaypranay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I'm wondering how long did Khushi actually stay with Teddy? Such a lunatic

Khushi needs perfume to bloom her life with a fragrance of love, which I believe walked right into her door, now that's something!!!

A very apt conversation between Payal and Arnav! It's good times ahead for all, feeling the positivity around them :)))

Amazingly penned,Rb!
Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, you are updating this frequently *crosses fingers*
This was creepy, the flashback and all. Kind of explains Khushi's behavior and it's amazing she's still standing after all this.
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
very interesting and awesome update 
Arnav past is upsetting but he is bless to have terific friends like Aman and Lavanyah and the threesome tries best to make each other happy. I hope someday Arnav equation with his family change for good. 
The peak in Khushi's past was very weird. He was manipulating her and seems a pshyco. It's wonderful that Khushi came back to pisitivity in her life after spending miserable time with him. 
Looking forward to read more
RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: MDTharun

Khushi had been married to cold blooded psycho . He had controlled khushi like a puppet . Even as small as perfume she used had to be qualified by that scum . What happened to Teddy ? How did even khushi survive for two years in that marriage .?

Payal has learnt her lessons , she has met ASR to ensure that her sister is being friends with sane & good man . Looks like she approves Arnav , so she has given the green signal for making the grand father clock 

It has been two years for her. She hasn't yet realized the extent of the damage.

Yep. ASR and Payal are in business...
just4this thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi RB
Felt sick even to read about teddy, thank God, it's the past, 
Khushi has come out of that hell, 

So payal and Arnav's meeting went well, both of them approving each other,ha haha .

Loving this story.

Waiting for their shopping now.
Thank u for the pm and this nice update.

RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: MysticRiver

very interesting and intriguing...πŸ‘

I am glad you think so :-)

Originally posted by: shafqee80

So khushi had a devil for a husband ...and sixteen yrs back is not a smaalll tym ...liking story

Its sixteen years past. Not necessarily 16 years of marriage 😊

Originally posted by: docs

Two hi... teddy seems to be a loser of the top order!!

Oh yeah, he is. 😊

Thank you!

Originally posted by: pinkly

Teddy was a real psycho. Perfume does not go with certain dress !! Who does that... I felt that he had wrapped his big ugly obsessive hand over khushi and caged her in his fist... That was bad.

Nicely written.

There are lot of people who pick apart things just because they have an issue with control. Its that bad with some!
RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: albmum14

Teddy was thorough wasn't he? He didn't leave any aspect of her life unaltered or uncontrolled by him. The mental cruelty he put her under had her feeling like she was straitjacketed, emotionally numb by the end of it all. The little tension she feels as he speaks about the perfume, is her way of trying to find a reason to exercise her decision making, but he is ready with answers to change her thoughts. All the excuses she makes for tolerating his behaviour, show the little doubts she has about doing so. It's strange how the abused will let go of a few decisions, thinking that they are showing their love, while the abuser will use them to fuel his abuse further. It's a never ending circle, the love she shows igniting his need to have more power over her. And it seems that intimacy is missing too, perhaps in all its aspects.

With this glimpse I understand better Khushi's issue with Payal not breaking her parenting habit. Although, she has Khushi's best interests by looking out for her, she is stifling her more. But there is a lot more we don't know about the past or Payal's reasons.

Its interesting how things get shoved under the rug in the name of control. "I will take care of all your finances, clothing, shopping, accessories" isn't declaration of adoration. Unfortunately it has gotten romanticized. Imagine years of this systematic emotional abuse which is battered wife syndrome and which isn't in a way it leaves no visible marks. Payal's reasons will be definitely discussed.

It's good to see Arnav slightly better, to me his breakdown was more about his life in general rather than the situation with Lavanya. I find his behaviour with Aman these last three weeks a little disturbing, it feels like he keeps Aman more and more chained in his attraction (love?) for him. But it's a difficult situation, when your best friend has feelings for you and you don't reciprocate them. The hurt is always there ready to engulf and destroy, so I don't know how he should behave differently. Maybe skirting the issue is the only way forward now.

Oh, Aman and Arnav are going to have the talk. Soon.

Are Arnav and Khushi both 36?

Yes.

Edited by RockBarbie - 7 years ago