Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rex_Ryan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
quite valid point shruti ... read everyone's point
...regarding the purpose I am still finding one ...and last 1and half year was very tough for me ...I was extremely confused and my inner turmoil was just increasing ( its like a cyclone came and every thing shattered)
...I never feel much connected to mb or krishna (also not watched star mb continuously)
...but ramayan I always feel attraction toward it (but I am still not connected to ram that much)...this show increased my attraction even more ...and I become curious to know the reason behind every action and start understanding it even more deeply ...this forum is proved very helpful for me ...it also induced positive vibes in me
...regarding hanuman ji ...bajrang bali is worshipped very much in my family(but I am not that religious person ...rarely visit any temple ...and only participate in diwali puja in home too) ...but I have great faith in bajrang bali ...do not know why but I remember him in every phase of my life...just trust him for every solution ...and great luck in my life
p.s. don't want to hurt anyone's feeling...just expressed my feelingEdited by Rex_Ryan - 8 years ago
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with you. If you hadn't made such posts, I would not have understood many things! Thanks.
And okay this is really off topic but yesterday I was wondering why we celebrate Ram Namvi but not Sita's? People do celebrate it but not in the same way ðŸ˜• or maybe it's just where I come from where I haven't really seen a celebration so big like we have in Ram namvi. 
I don't get it at all. 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@xpalkix I am not sure. One of the reasons can be Sita is not natural born, she came from earth's womb. So there is no birth for her as such. Janaka got her one day. Unlike Ram, Krishna where actual birth happened.

Second is Navrathri takes care of all feminine power from constructive parvathi to destructive kali where feminine power is worshipped as Adiparashakti.
Shakti coming as Durga to kill Mahishasura because he got a boon no man can kill him. He thought women is incapable of killing him. And it is this myth that Shakthi breaks. The knowledge what Prakriti is capable of when she intends to destroy is celebrated in Navarathri. That's why Saraswati pooja happens in the end of Navrathri. It kills a man's ego that he is superior.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
What a beautiful post , Shruthi...I love and admire the fact that you let us see into ur personal life and thoughts...not everyone is capable of being this generous or courageous...I may not comment on every post of urs, but u can be absolutely sure that I am reading them n loving them...
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@xpalkix I am not sure. One of the reasons can be Sita is not natural born, she came from earth's womb. So there is no birth for her as such. Janaka got her one day. Unlike Ram, Krishna where actual birth happened.

Second is Navrathri takes care of all feminine power from constructive parvathi to destructive kali where feminine power is worshipped as Adiparashakti.
Shakti coming as Durga to kill Mahishasura because he got a boon no man can kill him. He thought women is incapable of killing him. And it is this myth that Shakthi breaks. The knowledge what Prakriti is capable of when she intends to destroy is celebrated in Navarathri. That's why Saraswati pooja happens in the end of Navrathri. It kills a man's ego that he is superior.

I thought that might be the reason but that's not a very good reason is it :/ 
Even though Sita was born from the Earth, should she not be celebrated for her part in the epic? Without Sita, would Ravan have been defeated, without Sita, would Janak's kingdom have come out of the drought? 
I personally am celebrating not just Ram's birth but every God through Ram so it doesn't matter at the end of the day as they're all one. 

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@varshu see I share my experience with the thought that if it helps someone to know that confusions are part of life, failures are part of life. If they know that to feel confused is normal, to face failure is normal they will deal with life in a better fashion.
You can always share success. But my understanding has been if you share failures, you give a person a hope to fight back. And hope matters.
That's why I have always been impressed with Rahul Dravid than Sachin Tendulkar. The person whom every known critic has written off as far as one day international goes has replied to everyone with his bat. Playing the most crucial role in World Cup 2003 where India reached finals.