What is the purpose of my life - Hanuman

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I don't know how many of you have watched the movie Lakshya. It was not a big hit. But I have loved the movie. Key reason being where a boy finds the purpose in his life. When he shows that peak and says that is my target, his aim is set.

And yesterday we saw Hanuman reminiscing about his purpose in life and Lord Adithya telling him certain purposes are so great that you will know about it at the right time and prepared to deliver on it.

How many of us have felt confused about lack of direction. Not knowing what we are supposed to do. I was a very confused girl I would say. Though externally I had defined many goals in life, at an inner lever there was always turmoil. Something was there which was not connecting. And that always used to trouble me now and then.

I am a deep Krishna devotee. But see the interesting point. Irrespective of such a deep devotee of Krishna, irrespective of a person who writes so much when Star MB was running I was not making any analysis though I was quite active in IF at that time. And Star MB had so many beautiful dialogues by Krishna, so many interplay of emotions which I loved but never analyzed.

Another aspect is at that time I was analyzing another show and drawing parallels with it to Ramayan based on the symbolisms given. As a child I used to read Ramayan "n" number of times. I have read it I would say more than MB. Ramayan used to calm me, irrespective of the questions it raised but I have never understood why I was so much attracted to that book.

But today while writing in this forum somewhere I feel I found the connect. Ramayan is life as it is. In Ram's life lies the teachings of a noble living. In his actions lies the secret of change. In him lies the seed of Krishna's direction.

Only if you understand him, you will understand the mistakes committed in MB and on a larger scale you will understand the mistakes happening in Kaliyuga. If you have to bring change, you have to understand Ramayana.
And in analyzing SKR I feel a part of me finds inner peace. When I get comments like my post bought smile on someone, solved someone's problem, people wait for my analysis it feels he wanted me connect. Connect his stories and share.

If I had done it for MB it would have been Adhura, but when I am doing it for Ramayan connecting MB the picture is more full.

So irrespective of not finding your purpose at one go, try to question, try to ask and one day you will find it that will give you inner peace just like Hanuman telling he feels as if he is doing his duty when he carries Ram even in his dream.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
My purpose is  simple. Just living for today. The moment.  I went through vipassana, wanting to understand about ME, then realisation stuck that, I was nurturing what I wanted to discard, EGO,. But now I stopped searching. 
I have a long way to go before the "I" can disappear and replaced with 'i'.  
When there is nothing, when there is silence, it might happen.
Just flowing with each day.  
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautifully written Shruthi and JayaπŸ‘
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Jayashree do you know one thing. The acceptance that ego exists is the first step towards its correction and the fact you have accepted it, will ensure you are able to go beyond it

@justlikethat thank you dear.
moviefan-pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for a very beautiful analysisπŸ‘
Glittersnow thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful post man...agree with u...we can only know the purpose of our life..when we really crack who we are. ...what we can do..where our strength lies..den we are ready for it..me too am a deep krishna devotee...guruvayoorappan especially...my only connect with ramayana was during ramayana masa reading ramayana...at my house and going for saptaha in temples..but when ...once my grandmother was at death bed..she had cancer..one eveing suddenly she came to senses...and got up and began to quote lines from adhyatma ramayana ...it was lakshmana upadesha...she sang the whole chapter and she looked so fresh..we were very happy...she is responding...but she died within a month. .but she had a peaceful death..she never suffered much pain from cancer...she was indeed blessd...and from dat day ..I would have heard and read lakshmana updaesha numerous times..it is a must listen for all..ram's words are every bit true..but it takes a lot of effort to put in...
shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes Adiya. Guruvayoor Shri Krishna Temple is my favorite. Ramayana calms. We don't know from where the peace is coming. But there is a serenity in Ram's eyes that calms you like anything. And there are many parts in Ramayana that are sheer brilliance. Lakshmana Upedhesha is one part, then paduka pattabhishekam, Sita-Anasooya convo, Panchavati, the entire sundara kandam everything has a serene beauty to it.

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shruthi πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
How many times would we have discussed the connection between Ramayan and Mahabharat? 
Ram and Krishna are the same; we can never understand one without the other. What Ram shows, Krishna directs. The Ramayan is needed for the Mahabharat, just the way the Mahabharat is needed for the Ramayan.
My personal favourite, and the character I feel most connected to in the Ramayan is Hanuman. His need to know his direction in life is exactly how I was. Till Krishna came, and showed me the path to everything.
Once again, an amazing post which I hold close to my heart πŸ˜Š
shruthiravi thumbnail
Thanks Srutha. Yes my personal favourite in Ramayan has always been Hanuman and Lakshman. And I never knew why I connected with them so much. But slowly I am understanding. Purpose is what connects me to  them. Lakshman knew his purpose that was safeguard his brother at all times. Whereas Hanuman he is like us. Knows there is something larger in life, but yet to get that proper direction. Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Thanks Srutha. Yes my personal favourite in Ramayan has always been Hanuman and Lakshman. And I never knew why I connected with them so much. But slowly I am understanding. Purpose is what connects me to Hanuman. Eagerly waiting for Hanuman-Ram.

Technically, I connect a lot to Lakshman and Urmila too πŸ˜›
But as the post is about Hanuman, I just said Hanuman πŸ˜†
Purpose and devotion is what connects me to Hanuman πŸ˜Š