Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aashna_chawla thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello read it one go its awesome i wanna ask is it your first attempt? If it is than girl you re blessed with some awesome skills i mean the whole ff was nicely written. And the characters are nicely handled by you like amms, manik's father, and neel are in gray shed not a complete villain but in gray sheds something is fishy with them. Handle them wisely

And the another mark for that convo between navya and nandini u handled hindi nicely that time, that dialogue touched my heart actually there are only few writers who handle hindi or some other language nicely especially in emotional scene. Wha par hindi ekta ke dialogue ke jesa sound karta h and than it turns out lame or uske bad me it kills the feeling but its was awesomely executed by you good job

P.s. - i love the whole story and plot would love to see manik falling in love with nandini once agajn but update thoda chota h well regular h toh chlega but it should be around 2k at least thoda sa length bada karo hope u get more response from your readers

Best of luck
Update soon
riyaparo thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
amazing
loved it
waiting for next
thanks for pm
1_drop_of_rain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Aashna_chawla

Hello read it one go its awesome i wanna ask is it your first attempt? If it is than girl you re blessed with some awesome skills i mean the whole ff was nicely written. And the characters are nicely handled by you like amms, manik's father, and neel are in gray shed not a complete villain but in gray sheds something is fishy with them. Handle them wisely

And the another mark for that convo between navya and nandini u handled hindi nicely that time, that dialogue touched my heart actually there are only few writers who handle hindi or some other language nicely especially in emotional scene. Wha par hindi ekta ke dialogue ke jesa sound karta h and than it turns out lame or uske bad me it kills the feeling but its was awesomely executed by you good job

P.s. - i love the whole story and plot would love to see manik falling in love with nandini once agajn but update thoda chota h well regular h toh chlega but it should be around 2k at least thoda sa length bada karo hope u get more response from your readers

Best of luck
Update soon

Thank you Aashna, this is my first FF, though writing is my passion and I have written blogs and stories before.
U r right the characters are all grey because they all have back stories. I want it to be more realistic than pure candyfloss. It would mean a lot if u stay along on this journey and keep sending me your feedback
rockstarlover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome update
loved it
cont soon
voldemort thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice progression of the story..loved their meeting scene..very relatable
Aashna_chawla thumbnail

Originally posted by: rk21

Thank you Aashna, this is my first FF, though writing is my passion and I have written blogs and stories before.
U r right the characters are all grey because they all have back stories. I want it to be more realistic than pure candyfloss. It would mean a lot if u stay along on this journey and keep sending me your feedback
[/QUOTE
Sure would love to u sounds a mature writer and i don't like Candy floss type ka mushy stories i prefer realistic things more and i like that story behind every character that's a good sign of mature writer keep it up ๐Ÿ˜Š

1_drop_of_rain thumbnail
Now you will not only read a gripping tale but also have visuals to drool on. It took me a while to figure out how to embed images, but thankfully I learnt it. Hope it enriches your experience. :) happy reading fellas๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š Edited by rk21 - 8 years ago
1_drop_of_rain thumbnail

Chapter 15

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Neel was moving around nervously in the reception, when Manik reached the hospital. Nandini had already been wheeled into a ward by then.

"Has any doctor checked on her yet?" Manik asked.

Neel: " No not yet. She is on the second floor, room 212, third right from the lift."

"Hey Manik" Neel called out as Manik started walking towards the lift. " I am sorry to drag you into this. I mean we just met and you were kind enough to come for the engagement and now this mess. But honestly I am glad you are here. I would have felt pretty lost if  I had to deal with this alone."

"Chill. Don't stress too much on this. I am glad I was there at the right time. I am going upstairs, complete the formalities and get one doctor to see her as early as you can." Manik patted on Neel's shoulder and dashed upstairs.

He had brushed off Neel's words but he did have a point didn't he? Neel was just a week old acquaintance and Nandini was a complete stranger to him. Yet, he was here in a hospital on a Saturday late night rushing around for them.

'Because they were in a crooked situation and needed help' Manik's inner voice was telling him. 'And he would have helped anyone else in a similar situation'.

'Perhaps!!' he thought and besides this wasn't the time to think about these things. But his gut was hinting otherwise. His gut always had to intervene. It always had to make things complex. "f**k!!" this time he spoke aloud and people around him turned to see who this ill-mannered guy was.

Manik pushed the door to room 212. There she was, dressed in all her finery lying unconscious on a hospital bed. Manik moved closer to the bed. The first thing he noticed was her tiny frail frame. Her honey and peaches skin looked so delicate that Manik felt even a gentle nudge could leave a bruise. Her hair fell over her face which was tilted to one side. She was beautiful, not in a 'model with a chiseled face and perfect figure' kind of way, on the contrary she had a chubby face and yet she was beautiful and delicate like ...  like a living doll. But Manik hated how lifeless the girl appeared. He wished for her to wake up, blink those pretty eyes and talk animatedly.

His eyes fell on her feet. Her heavily embroidered ghaghra was folded halfway, exposing her feet and shoes. 'No one had the sense to take off her shoes' he thought. He bent down, then hesitated for a while and then bent all the way down to pull the shoes off her feet.

There was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in. Manik moved back. The doctor checked her pulse and measured her vitals. " Her BP is way too low. Has she been fasting? I see she is dressed for some occasion." The doctor asked.

"Well , we got engaged today and with all those rituals and people, we didn't have time to eat anything after breakfast." Neel sounded apologetic.

The doctor laughed. "Congrats! The very first day of a life together and this is where she lands. Step up to the occasion gentleman and take care of her. People and rituals will come and go." He continued "On a serious note, it's that and perhaps the stress of the function. She is severely dehydrated but that's something we can fix. Feed her something while we put her on a saline drip. She should regain consciousness soon."

This time it was Neel who stayed while Manik went down to the cafeteria to get something for her to eat. But he didn't know what she preferred , he didn't even know if she was non- vegetarian or not. He thought it was safe to take some dessert. It had sugar and would help her with easy calories. He ordered some cake and returned.

Edited by rk21 - 8 years ago
1_drop_of_rain thumbnail

Chapter 16

Sunday, May 1, 2016

As soon as the saline entered her veins, she started regaining consciousness. She was just about to open her eyes when she heard Manik call Neel. She kept her eyes shut, pretending to be still unconscious. She strained her ears to  hear their conversation. From whatever little she could understand, Manik didn't recognize her. At least for now, at least at this moment he was innocent & was only trying to help out Neel and her.

Her mind right now was a whirlpool of emotions, her prayers and her nightmares were both confronting her at the same time in the form of Manik Malhotra. Should she scream out of joy at having finally found him , burst out of anger at his betrayal or die  out of sadness for being engaged to Neel.

For as long as long as she remembered, she had never hurt anyone. Whose karma was she repaying then? She mustered all her strength, she had to get her bearings and act normal. She would have to act so well that neither Neel nor Manik got the slightest hint of her inner storm.

She opened her eyes to see both the men standing infront of her.

"Thank God!! How are you feeling Nandu?" Neel almost jumped on her.

"Better, but weak." She answered to Neel , but looking at Manik.

"You are going to be better, now have some food. Manik has got you some dessert."

Nandini had to think fast. She had to do something. "Have you called anyone from my family?"

Neel knodded.

Nandini: "Good. They will be worried. Can you please bring Navya. I am not feeling very comfortable here and ask her to get me a change of clothes please?"

Neel: "Let me call her."

Nandini: "Neel... U will call a girl at this hour to come on her own? She doesn't even have her own car. Besides she must be at the radio station. Please go and pick her up. Enough of trouble for one night, I don't want my best friend to land up into something nasty."

Manik was listening intently. Her voice fell like beads of pearl on his ears. Moments ago she was so lifeless and now she beamed like a rainbow. She was a talking, blinking doll.

Neel realized there was no point arguing with her, not in front of Manik. He knodded like an obidient boyfriend. "Ok let me quickly go fetch Navya. Manik, you should go home and take rest. Nandini is stable now and we owe u a treat. Had it not been for you, we would have been in trouble today."

Before Manik could say anything Neel added "I am sure even Nandini would want to thank you."

Neel knew exactly what to speak and when. He knew no gentleman would refuse such a request. And he dashed out.

Nandini knew her fiance well enough to know that he never did anything out of etiquette or gratitude.  But whatever it was that he had in mind was working in her favour. She had deliberately sent him off, she knew he wouldn't be back anytime soon for she was well aware that Navya was on air now and wouldn't be done before the next two hours. She had to take this chance. She deserved to know the answers to the questions that had killed her for three years.

She looked at Manik.

"You are ok, right?" Manik asked.

She was finding it difficult to breathe, to accept that Manik was right before her eyes..after what had seemed like an eternity, her love, her life, her everything was standing infront of her. And boy, did he look handsome...much much more than the last time she had seen him. Perhaps it was his hair that he now wore differently than before. All she wanted to do was to hug him with all her strength and cry, but her mind hated him with a toxic fierceness. She ended up smiling at him.. She could as well try her hand at acting, she thought.

"You are.." She feigned ignorance, as if she too didn't know him.

"Manik, sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I am Manik Malhotra. Pleased to meet you miss tipsy."

She was stressed. He should try to be funny and make her laugh perhaps.

"Miss tipsy?" Nandini frowned.

"Yeah u fainted the moment u saw me, what else should I call u? Heard u have been starving all day. See I got some chocolate cake for you."

Nandini: "Mujhe bhook nahi hai."

Manik: "Seriously? Soch lo kyun ki I am damn hungry."

They both smiled. Manik helped her sit up and fed her some cake. Something was crumbling inside Nandini. It was so hard to keep up the pretense.

Nandini: "See my luck. Who gets to spend an engagement night in a hospital."

Manik got thoughtful. He remembered his days in Switzerland. "I know it sucks. Who would know better. Three years of hell." He stopped abruptly realizing he had spoken more than he intended to.

That caught Nandini's attention : "Three years!! Y what happened?" Only if he would start speaking out.

Manik: "Nothing Miss Tipsy. But the bright side is I am better now and you too will be."

He was guarded. It wouldn't be so easy to get the truth out of him. She would have to be patient with him. But she would do it anyway and at any cost. At least she had a purpose now. Her life was screwed big time but at least she would take his answers to her grave.

Nandini: "Naye ho Mumbai mein? "

Manik: "Yes u can say so. Naya hi hun."

Nandini: "To fir friends banaye koi?"

Manik: "No, not yet."

Nandini: "Koi nai, I will be your first friend in Mumbai." She extended her hand for a handshake.

Manik smiled. "Done Miss tipsy." He felt his baby soft hand in his.

Nandini: "Acha Manik, have you seen my phone? I need to call home. They must be worried."

Manik: " I havent seen but I can ring. Tell me your number."

The last thing Nandini wanted was to call her family at this time. Till she figured out the whole truth, she would have to hide this from everyone, her family ,friends and even fab 5. But she lied to Manik to get his number.

When they found the phone she pretended to talk to her family and assured him that they would be at the hospital in no time. She asked him to leave and promised to meet him soon as both she and her fiance were supposed to treat him.

Aashna_chawla thumbnail
Hmm i like the whole update the way story is going on, manik has no idea regarding nandini or any other thing. Or nandini bhot shani h i thought uthke chilayegi but kuch bhi nh hua number alg le liye, Abhi bhot kuch ana baki hai or update thoda sa long tha pichle wale se i liked it over all the way story going on.

Manik was listening intently. Her voice fell like beads of pearl on his ears. Moments ago she was so lifeless and now she beamed like a rainbow. She was a talking, blinking doll

For as long as long as she remembered, she had never hurt anyone. Whose karma was she repaying then?

I like this lines from the update

P.s. - my comments sucks big time phir bhi har update par karne ka try krungi