Users

Frequent Posters

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

I just saw this post for some reason
Well said... I infact said something close to it in my post
He handed the opportunity to her thinking its easy as pulling his wallet out and producing the bills

He had no idea he would struggle so much to come to terms with it

He reacted to Mr Iyer's taunt and used his connection to get the oppo.  Now he is scared that this might take II away from him. This is the guy who wants her to be in MM/Shantiniketan even when he is in Paris. Its going to be interesting to see how you take it further Nisha
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Two Days...

She picked up her kaftan with trembling hands and wore it the wrong way, with the front parting to her back

"Dont u think you are?" he askes stunned as if HE saw it and she somehow couldnt

"I went to chennai for two days and suddenly I am selfish?" she asked outraged

He didnt respond as usual, he spoke one sentence for her 100 anyway

"i asked you atleast three times before making the trip" she reminded him

He got off the bed, when he heard Nivi stir

"U are disappointed that I finally get an opportunity in life?"

"Really?" he snarked "If I recall correctly, u have multiple degrees and a fabulous job"

"And?" she prodded

"So dont act like this is your only good fortune"
 he said succinctly

"Whattt?" she stood frozen

"I just said it" he said walking towards his office

"U are raving jealous that Appa's friend found me an opportunity" II said smugly

"Umm.. no" he said his face stone cold

"Thats what it seems like" she accused

"U must be smoking pot" he said  "If u noticed *I* DONT SING" he said silkily

"Thats not what I meant!! I meant You werent the one that found this opportunity for you and thats getting your goat" she gloated

"I couldnt care less what you do with your time II" he became brutal  " What I  dont give a rip for is your accusations about my negligence (in caring for Nivi)" he bit out

"U didnt like caring for her ONE time. Every three weeks when you take off to Manila, Dubai paris, I have to look the other way" she barked

"Would you like it if I quit it all and took up a dead end job in Delhi so you can nourish your singing career?" he asked blistering

"Seems to me like YOU would like for me to suck up and swallow MY dead end job and not find happiness any place else"

"Youve decided you dont want any more kids so you want your tubes tied" he said his eyes blood shot at the very idea there wont be anymore lil creatures that looked like her

she didnt have any response

She swallowed painfully, her eyes filling up with tears

"I have a call" he shut the door and sat on his chair with a thump, swiveling looking out the window

Got up opened the door and headed down through the back staircase down the hallway

"YOU KNEW I didnt want any more than one, it has nothingt o do with my singing contract, its ONE f----g song, its not a career. Is that why you have been dodging the whole 
idea of my tube tying? You are hoping I will have another one? And then may be one after that one? And be home with the 
babies while you jet set and fund new ideas around the world?" she ranted agitated as she followed him

He was fuuurious...

He paused and warned her  "Enough II" he warned

"U are a sexist bas***d... I never heard you complain ONCE about how much YOU have to travel. Its the wife's job to 
cook and have babies. Two days!! TWO F----g days, One chennai trip thats all it takes for the husband to realize 
he no longer has the upper hand" she cursed after him, sitting down on the step wearily

He grabbed  a six pack from the frig and went the other way out of the kitchen, making his way up through the grand staircase

~~~

She went to bed, woke up fed Nivi breakfast, showered and dressed for work
The courier arrived at work at the end of the day, she signed everything right there, and took the envelope to the mail room after copying the contents

He wasnt home in the morning he wasnt home in the evening

She took Nivi and went to Sam's

Her glazed look and the complete lack of interest in reviewing Nandu's Java code was enough to tell Sam there was something wrong

"what do u want to eat?"

"Umm.. kuch bhi... ya sirf dinner"

"II" sam prodded looking utterly confused wondering if II even heard the Q

"I am sorry I said lunch, I meant dinner" II said confidently soon after

Tan looked up from his laptop

Nivi crawled al over him trying to grab his glasses
Edited by Nisha0604 - 7 years ago
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey ladies ! 
good to know our two protagonists continue to duel and parry even if I have been absent for over ten days !
Hopefully this turn of events will take them to a new comfort zone ...once the blood and gore has been shed and cleaned out ðŸ˜Š
It would be hilarious if II lands up getting pregnant with the twins instead of getting her tubes tied ðŸ˜†..though I personally would like her to continue singing for a career, it seems a tough call with all the logistics in hand..

And our ID protagonists continue to play Sleeping beauties !!!!!
Edited by VeeIyer - 7 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey Sudhi

I am doing well

Kids are back in school

Summer is on its way out

Cant complain

Well... I can... I guess... but I wont

How are you?
Any shaadi ke invites where u can dress up?
How is Dad?

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Shots fired and she called him a sexist 😔
Have to wait and see where they take it next ...
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Hey Sudhi

I am doing well

Kids are back in school

Summer is on its way out

Cant complain

Well... I can... I guess... but I wont

How are you?
Any shaadi ke invites where u can dress up?
How is Dad?

Dad is good. I go home on weekends to give him company. 

Shadi invites Yes yes yes.
I'm so exited. Two of my very good friends are getting married in November and March. One is a destination wedding in Rajasthan and the guy is from Bihar. The other one is marrying a Sikh. We're going to jaipur next month to shop. All friends are planning to wear bandhini leheriya for sangeet and mehendi
Edited by modernfamily - 7 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OH my my..this time I am unable to take the dudes side however well I understand his insecurities...hes feeling something else and sayign something else. Mudda kuchch aur hai aur ladai ki wajah kUchh aur.  Struggling with his own insecurity he's simply spoiling for a fight so that he can vent. Poor II waise hi she's tube light, now even more confused about his attitude. She should know him better than to think that her going away for two days is what is irking him...its the sauten singing! 
Errantnomad thumbnail
You know what? What a bummer ! The guy who can't keep off his beats from his ears, with his love for Blues and Music, is known as R&B to the world pretends to be utterly dismissive of the level of Euphoria his wife can feel out of her singing contract!!
Is his possessiveness too snarky that overrides his appreciation for music when it comes to his wife's alternate career ? Truly what a bummer!! A minor tinge of Sexism as she accuses ...a tinge of hypocrisy, a tinge of selfishness... Or plainly loads of possessiveness ... Hmmm... Different Yardsticks? ??

The saddest thing here is the 'Euphoric moment ' is gone now with the most important person in her life not being there to celebrate along with her at a time when there was a need to celebrate as she signed the contract.
The Euphoria she felt when she got the call, the goosebumps, the trembling fingers, the thudding heartbeats, the monitor frozen at 4:11 pm when she got the offer of contract has passed by without even a whimper, actually in rebellion when she signed the contract.

And that Moment is not going to come back however this issue gets settled .
Errantnomad thumbnail

On the lighter side!! Dude claims he doesn't give a rip of what she does with her time...
Liar Liar pants on fire... Just you wait buddy! If she goes ahead with this there will be many more ' peaches men' , 'Granite ' snake charmer men and more significantly soulful Iyer young singers like krish, vijay yesudas, Haricharan hobnobbing around your wife and her time ... Damn!! Oh ! You will give more than a rip buddy ! In fact you will be this soup in a perpetually cooking, stewing and simmering pot.
Ha ha!! ll!!

She speaks 10 in a minute, out of which half are foot in the mouth. This time Appa , The Lord Vayu to counter vishnu's Adhiseshan has sought out his friend in arms , 'Neelakandan's ( lord shiva) snake around his neck' ... To which the Adhiseshan for now now has let it be!! 😆Edited by Errantnomad - 7 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
More importantly ... It's this whenever there is a need for communication from dude' end... He actually goes on the offensive. , ups the ante, gets more cocky and she in rebellion comes out with foot in the mouth retorts . And then when she realises her folly she ends up all surrender like for instance this time it's her smug stmt of appa's friend providing her an opportunity and accusing him of being a sexist.
She's going to repent for her smugness when it will hit her that her hubs provided this oppo and in the process that his one single killer stmt , extremely callous of 'I don't give a rip of what you do with your time and her pangs with her seemingly dead end career and' don't act as if this is your only good fortune' will be brushed away .

After that it will all be sweet and dandy. But what about the Moment they needed to Celebrate going in vain. This moment ... An achievement of years of toil and practice ... To finally become a singer... And nail it in one Shot as if she was born to do this... It was her only good fortune when it's a career crisis otherwise for her and was truly momentous and could have been an equally cherished moment in her life as Nivi's birth. Alas!!Edited by Errantnomad - 7 years ago