Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Arijit007

my dear aditi, you should have told that lady that her assumption about sita and ram is horribly wrong. neither ram nor sita were supirior in that marriege, they were absolutly equal. aur koi farak hi nahi padhta ke ram khana pakaay ya sita.

I told her Arijit da but she is elder to me, I couldn't have said more na.. 
Yes I told her that they are equals, but you know sum ppl have misinterpreted our epics badly.. I hope people actually read our epics properly instead of believing in hearsays...
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@aditi there are 2 problems when you talk to ladies like her. First is the moment they see something different from what they expect in this epic we need to understand their world is crumbling. And who told ladies doesn't like the idea of regressive Ram. They too need it so that they can become Kaikeyi( no Kaikeyi is far better than the present saas of TV soaps) in the garb of Kausalya and expect her bahu to be Sita who according to them is doormat. Any other idea of Sita frightens them. But on a lighter note if I was in your place I would have asked her " Aunty what do you want to watch, extra marital affair, conspiracy, knowledge on how a saas can oust bahu from her house or something else" . I will ask them such things with a smile. On most occasions people are put in place.

@vipraja don't tell what TV shows have done to society. It has degraded it. As Adiit's experience people does not want to watch sensible things. It is not just Ramayana, no sensible story is accepted. And this negativity is not helping anyone.
CutiepieAD thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@aditi there are 2 problems when you talk to ladies like her. First is the moment they see something different from what they expect in this epic we need to understand their world is crumbling. And who told ladies doesn't like the idea of regressive Ram. They too need it so that they can become Kaikeyi( no Kaikeyi is far better than the present saas of TV soaps) in the garb of Kausalya and expect her bahu to be Sita who according to them is doormat. Any other idea of Sita frightens them. But on a lighter note if I was in your place I would have asked her " Aunty what do you want to watch, extra marital affair, conspiracy, knowledge on how a saas can oust bahu from her house or something else" . I will ask them such things with a smile. On most occasions people are put in place.

@vipraja don't tell what TV shows have done to society. It has degraded it. As Adiit's experience people does not want to watch sensible things. It is not just Ramayana, no sensible story is accepted. And this negativity is not helping anyone.

Di, by regressive I meant regressive shows which come on TV ðŸ˜†
Lol I was thinking the same, which dusra show she was talking about 😕😆, and nowadays it's not only saas bahu or extra marital affairs, nowadays toh people like black magic and ghosts mainly, saas bahu was better than this i guess ðŸ˜†
But how to tell her , she is elder to me ...
Couldn't even watch SKR fully that day 
Had to watch the repeat ðŸ˜†

Bold - yes u r right , no good show is accepted nowadays
On the other hand when the same show gets dubbed in other languages, they becum hit ðŸ˜² but in original language they r flops .. Atleast our show does decent in Hindi and is hit in south.. Seems regional audience hav a good taste...
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@aditi education in south has helped a lot. If you look south women of my generation are quite educated, working. But I don't think north the situation is like that. It will take another 2 generations for north to catch up. That's why shows which doesn't sell in Hindi becomes hits down south or abroad.
BARC ratings takes rural. That's why all this nagins, dayans and black magic is taking centre stage. Instead of showing rural India something constructive to change their views, these shows are trying to keep them where they are.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@aditi education in south has helped a lot. If you look south women of my generation are quite educated, working. But I don't think north the situation is like that. It will take another 2 generations for north to catch up. That's why shows which doesn't sell in Hindi becomes hits down south or abroad.

BARC ratings takes rural. That's why all this nagins, dayans and black magic is taking centre stage. Instead of showing rural India something constructive to change their views, these shows are trying to keep them where they are.

Yes maybe that's a reason.. Here in urban places I hav hardly seen anyone talking about those long running shows or black magic etc.. Maybe rural people watch it ...

Other problem is that due to trp pressure the good shows revert their stories.. That's the biggest blunder... 

But I don't why rural people are not liking mytho shows ðŸ˜•
Strange case ðŸ˜†