Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Interesting post.
Thanks for sharing it 😊
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: avalonhigh1234

Shruthi In one of the discussions of the Ramayan ,I heard people disputing whether Sita was at fault for speaking harshly to Lakshman in the golden deer fiasco. Some said that he states that she was not a common stree and that word was what prompted her to say those words to him.The other group said that her doubts on him and her crossing his Rekha was why she had to suffer so many indignities. Well back then I was brash enough to want  to bash their heads for their narrow minded distortions of  something I loved...But these comments rankled a lot till I read the English translations of Valmiki's Ramayan in which there was no mention of either Lakshman rekha or her in any way doubting his character. But in our infinite wisdom, we, as a society had managed to twist it to justify our own moral weaknesses and our degrading values. and it is not  just restricted to India ,but the state of woman in any society is more or less the same. A rape or molestation is justified by saying that she was dressed in a certain way or she was in that place at the wrong time ...the list goes on. What we often overlook is that the core values and principles remain the same for both a man or a woman. Our weakness are also of the same nature .In a society both of them have to follow the same code of conduct, don't they. So why do we end up restricting a woman's right than changing a man's intention????
Savita

@bold... exactly...

thats y i always feel more than "beti bachao, beti padhao" i feel "beta lao, bete ko sudhrao"

cmn to women who have the old thoughts on girls being a curse its because society has pushed them till that extent...

if men change their ideologies, women succumbing to such nonsense will surely give up the hypocritic thoughts...
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow never would have thought about this meaning 😲
Truly wonderful meaning 👏
Thank. You!
Rex_Ryan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I was waiting for these words in the show ...shrutiravi even I have a very similar interpretation of these words...my mom told me the meaning of this line spoken by rani sumitra ...she also told me that sumitra said these words to lakshman so that he never feel reluctant or become careless to follow his dharma of serving and protecting them in forest for all 14 yearEdited by Rex_Ryan - 8 years ago
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Jayashree yes long back only. It should be somewhere between 1995-2000 😆

Amazing, I'd love to hear that too but it's okay, we have you to share the knowledge 😃
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@jahnvi, this ideological change is what we need. the process might be hard but not imposible. @savita, i get angry too, when someone mensions about the stupid non-existant "andhe ka putra andha" part to justifie draupadi's cheerharan.Edited by Arijit007 - 8 years ago
shivamala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you very much, beautifully written. 
daydreamers thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arijit007

@jahnvi, this ideological change is what we need. the process might be hard but not imposible. @savita, i get angry too, when someone mensions about the stupid non-existant "andhe ka putra andha" part to justifie draupadi's cheerharan.

It is hard arijit, but it should start with one... 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@DD this lines impact was very huge on me and it was then that I believed mothers can teach sons how to behave. Sumitra had done it. Lakshman is Sumitra's victory as a mother. Such well behaved duty bound son she has given to the world. 
@savitha exactly instead of asking girls to be in their homes before nightfall, why dont ask your sons to behave well irrespective of the time. 
Accountability to sons have to start from home. From mother it has to start. 
daydreamers thumbnail
Exactly Shruthi... I believe the same... 
In fact I ges 3 yrs ago I had got a compliment on a general forum of IF where no one knows me.. Juz after one post a person had commented that I'll be a good mother... 

And that was like a flattering moment...  I mean jus imagine a person at the age of 19 getting this compliment... 😆

As u said it should start from home... You know the funny part? 

Fathers can bring up daughters exceptionally well and mothers can bring up sons extremely well... 

And when this happens, ideologies change... 

Girls are able to understand men, their logic, their motive as they are brought up by their father's ideals.. 

Similarly, boys are able to understand what makes women tick. The little things. They understand how to look after them, take care and give due respect as they are brought by their mother's love.. 

And it is said na 

"The man who treats his woman as a princess is surely brought up by a queen" 

And the equation between a mother and father of the kid makes them confident of what partner they want in life... 

A boy will always want his partner to be a reflection of his mother as he is bestowed upon by his mumma's love . 

A girl will always want her partner to be a reflection of her father as she is enriched with her dad's knowledge... 

If opposites attract, one also wants to see some similarities.. And those similarities one always searches in each other's upbringing...

This is my theory 😆

Here I remember 2 dialogues.. One by sita and one by mandvi. 

Sita had told Shanta that she saw janaka in ram. 

Mandvi had said that bharat was a reflection of ram. 

But ram is like janaka... 

So indirectly she saw her father figure janaka in bharat...