Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
WOW!! superb update dear...loved it a lot
slippedaffairs thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
| C H A P T E R 9 |
Chasing Cars

A/N : I know I am slow but here you go with an update with Chapter 10 on the next post. :)

This time it is song not a poem.

PUSHKAR AND PREETI'S ENGAGEMENT DAY

"Di, I am feeling so many jitters. Having second thought!" Preeti walked to and fro in room due to panicky.

"Second thoughts? No No, Preeti you can't have them. Your aren't suppose too. I mean Pushkar already might be having those and now you are having, how will it work?" Suman said trying to sooth her but failed miserably.

"Pushkar is having second thoughts? Oh my god. Di you should've told me before." 

"Shit! I am speaking crap. Ghosh I am so stupid. Pree, no one is having second thoughts. Take it easy!" She caressed her head to which Preeti sighed.

"Pushkar is a nice guys, and you had choosen the right person being wiser than anyone is. He is perfect for you and if doesn't keep you happy or bring tears in your eyes then you have my back!" She said to which a laugh excaped Preeti's.

Soon Preeti's Mamiji came and took her to other room while Suman got ready in a off shoulder black gown with sparkles, with blue diamonds adorning her eyes as earings and neck as a pendent in a chain. A shiny bracelet made her wrist look beautiful with a simple hairstyle. 

She looked in the mirror, staring at her reflection or maybe trying to know what she actually felt. 

"I hadn't seen someone as self admiring as you!" Startled by the voise she turned to find Shravan smiling resting his body on the door, standing slantly with hands in his pocket.

"Ah! Actually I was thinking that how I am more panicky than Preeti!"

"Nah! You are just nervous for the openeing. This is the reason I told Pushakar to keep the engagement day a low key affair and let engagement dinner be at the restaurant and whole wed- functions out here! But least he understand!"

"As if - the whole feeling would vanish with that." She said as a matter of fact.

"Umm- not whole but may be lessen?" He guessed to which she smiled knowing she can't win any argument with her bestfriend.

"So how is Pushkar? Same as Preeti? She asked me about having second thoughts. And believe me after hearing her, I started having second thoughts about the whole point of having the engagement here. It's not that we have much guests."

"Much? We have plenty. Chill it out and let us go!"

"But Shra-" She was cut in the middle when she felt his hands in contact with her lips.

The moment stopped to feel the serenity, both were startled to see ther proximity and started in each other's soul, two beautiful smiles twitching from the corner of their to infinity.

As he wrote in his diary a day ago, about her laughter - "Next to the sea in the autumn,
your laughter must raise
its foamy cascade,
and in the spring, love,"

It is like the turn of weathers, the whole atmosphere felt overwhelmed, as if it is celebrating the moment of togetherness.

Of Pushkar and Preeti and Suman and Shravan. As in unconscience, both of the Brother say to their girls - "I want your laughter like
the flower I was waiting for,
the blue flower, the rose
of my echoing country."

The whole words and emotion contains of an hidden mean - ye' know allegory.

Suman deep down knew her feelings, least she knew that someone would reciprocate it, she had enough of refusals and make ups.

"Umm - Let us go?" She asked him, who was dazed in the moment.

And they quickly moved to the the hall. The engagement was a affair - not so exgavarent. It was a tradition going in the family to have the engagement not in the wedding ceremony or when the alliance is set up - but it had to be a separate event.

She got dazed remembering their moments in the spur of time.

TWO YEARS AGO, CHRISTMAS

So far this was their first time being with each other for the Christmas Week. They had always been working back and forth before then, since had come to USA.

"Shravan look, white Christmas!" Her eyes shone as snowflakes started falling slowly.

He looked at her admired, how her eyes shone on such small events. He feels so nice that she isn't one of those people who feels happy with lavish treatments.

"Come on, let me bring hot chocolate for us and then we will sit by the back porch of the house." She dragged both of them to the kitchen and smiled to herself as saw her wrist adorned by a charm bracelet.

It was not just a bracelet but it tells about all the important time - or adventures to be precise, of her life. She smiled remembering how tenderly he made her wear it about a half hour ago, as her Christmas present. He tried to not her in any way possible as her palm got swelled up due to the careless hit on hand by the door.

PRESENT, PUSHKAR - PREETI ENGAGEMENT

"Come On, Sumo you and Bhaiya have to Dance!"

"And Sing as well!" Pushkar and Preeti tried to persuade both of them, and being idiotic and arrogant, reserved and kill sport jerks - what Pushkar calls them, they were declining for giving a performance.

It was not like, they hadn't danced before but this time it was different. They were asked to dance together, on the tunes? Tunes of Chasing Cars, which do nothing but gives a feeling of belonging and arouse their desire to be together, which they couldn't be - according to their pact of giving 5 more years to each other. 

"Come one Shravan!" Vandy said.

And they agreed.

"We'll do it all

Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone 

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world."

He twirled her around and then pulled her with a jerk that her hands landed on his chest. She closed her eyes as felt hisnhot breaths on herself. Both of them felt blessed in the fragrance of each other, being with eachothet.

"I don't quite know
How to say, How I feel

Those three words, 
Are said too much
They're not enough
If I lay here, If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world"

She clearly remembered his words while giving her the charm bracelet.

"This is not just a Bracelet by which I promise that like all those adventures of life you did, I world help you to complete the rest and the places left to add charms would not be charmless but would be adorned with charms untill my promise completes. At this time of year, when the atmosphere is Christmasy and cheerful, I again make another promise for it to be fulfilled with the fun we are going to have." And he kissed her forhead.

She looked at her bracelet which was now almost complete with an addition of a charm which he gaver her in morning.

"Forget what we are told
Before we get too old"

Edited by -Wandstruck. - 7 years ago
slippedaffairs thumbnail
C H A P T E R 1 0

Hope you like it.

Your Laughter 

SHOPPING AT MALL, BRIDE'S AND MAID OF HONOUR'S DRESS

"What about this Sumo?"

For the last some hours, Shravan had showed every disastrous dress to her, to irritate her; least he know that is making her frustrate about how bad at choosing dress for her, he is.

Obviously, everyone would want to know about how the person you like, think about you and your clothing style. And from the dresses he had shown her were now even okay and it made her think about how he think of her dressing style. Number of thoughts rummaged in her mind about having a makeover, least her heart agreed. It is not that she can't have but she remember what he had told her sometime ago "Sumo, I know people think of you being so sophisticated and strict, but for others sake never change. Be who you are, I like the way you are my strong Suman, I wouldn't like as someone who changed ownself for the sake of others."

And she smiled at the memory. 

"Madam, where are you lost?"

"Nothing! I am just thinking how bad you are at giving suggestions. Can you give me a break?"

"Break? Sumo we are on a break. As far as I had heard, shopping is a break for girls!" He teased her knowing her hyper reactions to teasings.

"You are ridiculous Shravan!" And she stumped her feets on his and moved to Preeti for further assistance.

He saw her eyeing on a light blue knee length dress and then dragged her there and asked her to try the dress.

His gazed never moved from her as she came out of the dressing room.
"Beautiful!" He whispered.

And moved closer to her. 

"Shravan what are you doing?" Her breathes un-evened  as he pinned her to the wall.

He moved closer to her face and she closed her eyes. They were close, close enough for feeling to pour in. His dipped his face near her crook and whispered in her ears , "I Love Peaches!" And moved back winking at her.

She was surprised about what he said and then felt something in the back pocket of her jeans and pulled out a lip gloss. Not just a gloss but Peach Lip Gloss. Her face turned crimson red getting what he was saying. It was a momemt, cherishable, it was not awkward but a funny and flirty moment.

Shravan chuckled as saw her face turn red, and ran his fingers in his hairs.

They were moments which defined their unsaid love. They had been always with eachother through thick and thin, goodand bad, dusk and dawn, and even the people who recognize their love, hope that their souls shall not be separated even on the day of judgment.

She looked at him as he tried his tuxedos.

She had never told any of her friends about him during school days, definitely not. It wasn't because they wouldn't understand. Perhaps they might understand even better than she did. But she was just worried about the implications that knowledge might have on her daily life. There would be teasing, poking, prodding for more information and perhaps they might even hunt him down and talk to him. It would be simply messy. 

She remembered her first year in college when he wasn't there. She had called her Nanu as soon as she settled down in her new dorm. Her new roommate was her best friend from school and she still was, even now. Once she finished talking to Nanu she had texted her new address to Pushkar. She had received a reply from him a week later with Shravan's address. 

She picked up the first ever journal that he had sent, indirectly obviously. He had had this habit of starting the journal on her birthday and writing in it till her next birthday, she noticed that much later, maybe 3 years after. She smiled inside thinking about even in anger he kept her as a integral part of his life. So the books that he had given her had one year worth of his memories, his thoughts, and occasionally, what he thought about her, though not directly; yet she understood that. 

Preeti and Suman moved to another shop as Pushkar and Shravan went to the gaming section. Sumam opened the Journal she got 2 years ago, a random page and settled down herself on a couch as Preeti went for her make over. Her eyes landed on the pages of the journal, she remembered her birthday that year; her first year as the head chef, since before they had hired another chef since she was not familiar with the taste of Yorkians.

P A S T, 2 Y E A R S A G O

It had been few weeks that she had been in her own apartment as before she was in a rented one and she had made few good friends in the building itself. It was all thanks to her outgoing housemate, her personal assistany which had earned her good friends for life. Her friends had decided to celebrate the day by eating out in a fancy seven star restaurant and then having a private party later on.

Once they were back from restaurant, a decision was made to have that private party in one of her friend's house. She was OK with that. She had gone back to the home first to get into some comfortable clothes before she stayed overnight at her friend's house. As she walked along the corridor hurriedly to her room, her neighbor told her that she had received a package earlier that day and before leaving, she gave her congratulation wishes. She was surprised to receive a gift since she had already received gifts from Preeti and Pushkar and also from her close friends. The package, she noted, didn't look any special. She decided that she would open it later since it didn't look like a birthday present anyway. She stuffed it in her bag and left the hostel.

Back at her friend's house, the party was in full swing and they had had fun till late in the night. As she started to feel exhaustion creeping in, she excused herself and retired in the guest room. She decided to open that package she had received and she found herself a corner by the window and opened the package. She immediately knew who it was from.
It was a long notebook, leather bound and almost every page was filled. She read the first entry in the book which was dated exactly one year ago. 

When she read the entry, she knew what he was talking about. It was the day when she had bunked the school for two hours with Shravan Malhotra from where a journey other than current reality had begun. 

As she read further, she realized that he had an entry for every day for the past one year. Of course there were misses sometimes, but he mostly got everyday in there. The first words written to her was ' "Happy Birthday, Suman". She was overwhelmed by his act. At that moment she decided that it was only fair to tell him about her thoughts, her perceptions and her world. She sat there by the window till wee hours of morning reading the book.

There were very few references of her in the book. She enjoyed the normalcy that the book provided her. She knew there were many things in the book which would guide her through next one year. She was sure that she would find an entry for her when she is sad or when she is happy or when she is bored. There were reviews of movies, music, plays, theater, there were movie ticket stubs and other odd stuff. She loved every bit of it.

The next day, her friends had found her sleeping in the guest room on a chair with a book clutched in her hand. When she visited the town at later part of the day, her friend suggested her to get a tatoo on her hand. It did look pretty and the first thing that came to her mind was that it would be terrific first entry in her journal, it wasn't very big it was a small one Memoirs . 

P R E S E N T  D A Y

She ran her fingers on those words. She had had a very good life. Of course there were some pitfalls here and there but nothing is ever perfect or constant. She still remember how he scolded her for the Tattoo and like a dad asked her PA to be behind her most of the time and not do crazy things. It was Pushkar who calmed Shravan down after she asked him to do so. 

After coming from the salon, Pushkar asked them to meet at the parking lot, at the parking lot, she came face to face with Shravan and they had stared at each other for few moments. He had motioned her to follow him and he had opened the door at passenger side of his car. She had sat without a word and he drove all around the country side for many hours. They got to spend time together in the name of getting Pushkar and Preeti spend time togther and not third wheeling them. They had spent the first couple of hours in complete silence and spent the next few hours talking about their work lives from past some time. There had been no awkwardness nor had they found it necessary to talk about what happened some hours ago. 

She smiled at the memory. She could see the afternoon buzz slowly dying down as people got back to their offices or few contemplated on siesta. She picked up the phone and ordered for a pizza as they reached Shravan's house for dinner. In the meantime, they discussed for the further preprations.

Take bread away from me, if you wish,
take air away, but
do not take from me your laughter.

Do not take away the rose,
the lance flower that you pluck,
the water that suddenly
bursts forth in joy,
the sudden wave
of silver born in you.

My struggle is harsh and I come back
with eyes tired
at times from having seen
the unchanging earth,
but when your laughter enters
it rises to the sky seeking me
and it opens for me all
the doors of life.

My love, in the darkest
hour your laughter
opens, and if suddenly
you see my blood staining
the stones of the street,
laugh, because your laughter
will be for my hands
like a fresh sword.

Next to the sea in the autumn,
your laughter must raise
its foamy cascade,
and in the spring, love,
I want your laughter like
the flower I was waiting for,
the blue flower, the rose
of my echoing country.

Laugh at the night,
at the day, at the moon,
laugh at the twisted
streets of the island,
laugh at this clumsy
boy who loves you,
but when I open
my eyes and close them,
when my steps go,
when my steps return,
deny me bread, air,
light, spring,
but never your laughter
for I would die. 

slippedaffairs thumbnail

Originally posted by: vimikrao

When they r going to be together as a couple

Confessing their love & getting married

Waiting

Update soon

They will be together soon. :p Hopefully very soon. 
TheLadyMcQueer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sanju Di!🤗
I have to catch up all the chapters.

Resss till then.
Sunain thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Res
finally we got an upiii from u..😃..was eagerly waiting.
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Sanju amazing update yr..
Past present so beautifully written..
The poems in the last ❤️
Fabulous... 👏