Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
The title winds of change reminded me of scorpions album 'winds of change'.

But these couple of stanzas from Wolverines song "storm inside" , it's talking of R&B's pain and void to me.

Like a raging storm, my past keeps coming on
Like a thousand daggers, my memories pierce me
My body and soul unite in pain
It all keeps increasing, all up until it is suddenly gone

The storm may be gone but it's not for long, it speaks to me
I'm granted just a short embrace of rest and peace
I've lost the race against my past
It's come for me laughing, to make me pay at last
Still all those years speak to me
I'll never open up and bare my shame to you,

I've opened up the door to a place of my own
I did not ask of you, what you asked of me
I'll hide away from all the reaching hands
So that my past will remain untold
All through the years I've been walking alone
Except for the love that brought light in my life
I'll spare her this me and leave on my own
With the door closed behind me.

I don't kind of enjoy the genre rock but I love the lyrics of this song. My cousin's husband keeps listening to pink Floyd and Wolverine.

The update was most beautiful Nisha. I love the whispers the wind's making now . Winds of change and the children of tomorrow ..., windows are opening.
And whenever R&B has allowed II a peek to his open scars , be it in kasauli or in this update, she has like in the lullaby Song she sang yesterday embraced him like the earth embracing the rain.

Doesn't the song II sang blend in perfectly now!!

"Nee kaatru naan maram enna sonnalum talai aatuven"
(Oh! u are the wind to my branches; I shall sway to every word you say)
Nee mazhai naan bhoomi, engu vizhundalum endi kolven"

(U area drop of rain, I am the earth shall embrace u wherever u happen to land)

Nisha, This update for me is an invaluable peek into the dude's mind and the void he feels.
👏
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing update delving into the depths of their minds and hearts. The persistence with which the family rallies around and comfort and care for II to watch it sensing her needs Conscious of his inadequacy... Recalling his grief...envious of her...grateful for the angels he has...like the update where she comforts him becoming the yashodha comforting Krishna.   Amazing expression of their pain
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Good morning everyone!!!
Well the update for me is like seeing reality where hubby and wife forget bout there fight
When the child is sick and they both work as a team
It happens every time and ink sure it happens in every married couple life...
It seems as no big deal but whts important is the love and gesture which both of them has for the child
As both of them cannot see child in pain

I can relate to all these things so easily...
It's so simple yet so extraordinary which I hav never ever read or
Saw!!!
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nisha I love it when you get into the dudes head!
For that nonchalance he's so deeply in need of warmth that went with his Mom. And what's a child that can't blame his hurt in his parents?? Certainly not ideal but understandably normal. Extremes are not easy to live with. For a Super rich family the Bhallas are both grounded and affectionate. Mom was dude's rock that disappeared from his balcony. The Iyers and their warmth and easy affection with II a reminder of what he has lost.

All he had to say was she was cute and the woman in II is back 😃. That's cute - love from her and love and lust from him 😉

Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good morning all and a happy international women's day. While there are celebrations all over and all women crews are flying and all women crews are making films etc etc, I am taking just a moment to truly understand what it really means to be a woman and what the noise is all about...and while I understand the need for the feminist movement to drive home the point that gender ascribed roles are cliched and while I also don't agree with a lot of stuff that goes on in the name of creating parity because you can't really create parity for the simple reason that both male and female are created differently, I do hugely and strongly  urge everyone out there to treat each and every being with compassion,sensitivity and treat every individual as an indovidual  because one is born with a sex but gender is created and I reject the politics of gender creation simply to gain power. So celebrate who you are and today apparently we are celebrating being a woman! So here's to all of you, to Nisha to vikas and the odd MALE who frequent these pages unabashedly and to everyone of us and of course to II and to RB for being who thay and we are! 
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Hey everyone looks all r busy
Celebrating women's day 😉
Anyway I thought to entertain you all
So here's something to cheer up:-

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Did you know.?

History of Women's Day:
Initially Women's Day was planned on 6th of March...

Women took 2 days to get ready. That's how it got postponed to 8th March!!!

Men's Day was also planned...
But as usual, they forgot the date!!!
😆   👏

Edited by sonalgupta2004 - 8 years ago
SAKIVIAM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
India-the country of culture, heritage and values. It has inspired millions of poets and artists here are he words of a few

Will Durant, American historian: "India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all".

Mark Twain, American author: "India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only. "

Albert Einstein, American scientist: "We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made. "

Max Mueller, German scholar: If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India.

Romain Rolland, French scholar : "If there is one place on the face of earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India. "

R.W. emerson, American Author: In the great books of India, an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence, which in another age and climate had pondered and thus disposed of the questions that exercise us.

Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA: "India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border. "

Keith Bellows, National Geographic Society : "There are some parts of the world that, once visited, get into your heart and won't go. For me, India is such a place. When I first visited, I was stunned by the richness of the land, by its lush beauty and exotic architecture, by its ability to overload the senses with the pure, concentrated intensity of its colors, smells, tastes, and sounds... I had been seeing the world in black & white and, when brought face-to-face with India, experienced everything re-rendered in brilliant technicolor. "
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Year ending tasks seems to keep Nisha extra busy.
Nisha hope your younger one is hale and hearty and you to are doing good.
We shall wait for you to have breathing space so that we get to know how dude manoed Ii in coming to Paris with him.
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Belated happy women's day to allout here.