Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi! Kalpana
The travel stories group, started out 6 months ago at a coworker/friend's house, he invited a bunch of people over to celebrate his 23 year old daughter's return from a solo trip to South America
SHE couldnt make it but it turned out there was  a
Caucasian married to a Peruvian
Caucasian married to a Guatemalan
A caucasian couple that travelled to 27 countries in 4.5 years, including a 17 month long trip in India
A young 22 year old that grew up in Turkey with her BF
The host, my coworker and his fiancee that lived in Russia for 3 or so years in her 20s

We al shared a travel story over dinner
It was such a hit, we planned to meet every month and share another story each

I made chickpea hummus, black bean hummus, tomato salsa and a "Asian" veggie dish in coconut and curry sauce, since I hosted

Today?
I think I am getting a cold, but had a good morning
Made shimla mirch sambar and carrot and peas subzi for lunch
A batch of banana bread and a batch of brownies
TRIED to nap for 30 mins
Worked for 4 hours
Watched Fareed Zakaria's GPS, CBS Sunday Morning
I am ironing right now

Will make chholey for dinner
Errantnomad thumbnail
The travel stories group sounds interesting . We do read travel stories as a blog but
to meet one another by turn to share stories is very interesting. No doubt it's a hit.
Mind your cold and your back pl amidst all these activities and chores.
But there's one kostin of mine that still needs an answer . So are we getting the crescent after you are done for the day tonight. ?. 😆 .

Today I tried paneer kofta with dried apricots and nuts stuffed with Gravy. Made just a small portion.
It turned out ok. Not too much my taste but I think I will go ahead and make this next Saturday for a dinner planned for about 4 families.
And for dinner I made Aapam and stew.

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

The travel stories group sounds interesting . We do read travel stories as a blog but
to meet one another by turn to share stories is very interesting. No doubt it's a hit.
Mind your cold and your back pl amidst all these activities and chores.
But there's one kostin of mine that still needs an answer . So are we getting the crescent after you are done for the day tonight. ?. 😆 .

Today I tried paneer kofta with dried apricots and nuts stuffed with Gravy. Made just a small portion.
It turned out ok. Not too much my taste but I think I will go ahead and make this next Saturday for a dinner planned for about 4 families.
And for dinner I made Aapam and stew.

THAT SOUNDS SO YUMMY kalpana
I think there must be something wrong with me (ya like there is even a doubt😛) but I LOVEEE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE PANEER
I mean not the kinds we get at a Desi store here, rock solid and crumbly and smelly
I LOVE the kind gwaale bring to ur doorstep in Delhi, the dairy farmers will sell FRESH paneer on the side, u press with a finger it will depress a few inches
Also most mithai stores across Delhi sell paneer
Its my most fave thing to do when I go to India and go to the neighborhood market, come home with a kg or two of paneer
My Mom will throw a hissy fit
She will be like "Do u have to buy food? u dont trust ur parents to feed u or what?"
I have instilled the love for paneer fully in the kids too...
Yahan ki bakwas paneer bhi kha lete hain bechaare
I make paneer at home, occasionally, but for my ultra fast style of planning and cooking I cant afford to MAKE it becoz it takes too much time

Errantnomad thumbnail
The india stores paneer of our place is not that great Nisha.
But where my daughter goes for her piano class about 15 miles away, there's a small shop run by a guy originally from pakistan. He sells fresh paneer. Decently good.

But nothing to beat the freshness of paneer in Delhi. They are the best

Edited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loved the update nisha I really wish ii and nivi go to Paris with the dude...
Nisha u r a superwoman how do you manage to do so much in a day 
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

OMG
Sonal the FAT baby laying on bed is JUST TOOO TO CUTE

6th of the month and I think of Nivi
Such a darling she was
Sundays, used to be Sosy days for her

😳

She truly was a darling.. I can see the enthusiasm in her through all ur talks and gossips
Such a lively girl with so much aspirations
But fate has his own course
Wht to do
One can just remember and remember with a smile
Edited by sonalgupta2004 - 8 years ago
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
t macha rakha hai, khaana khao chup chaap, main koi bakwas nahi sun na chahta" Ranjan hollered Nivi groaned "Samjhayin puttar maa baap nu" Ranjan chuckled

I loved it how Ranjan scolded them with a authority
Elders or Fil or Mil mostly behaves like that only whenever a couple fights

My Mil says tum dono aise ladoge to bache kya sikhenge???
So behave at least in front of kids..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Winds of change...

He held her until 7 or 7:30, when she woke the TV was turned off, and she was draped in his throw, navy with silver stripes
It was like hugging him, all his things were classy and understated

She lay in bed, the balcony light was on, she realized he must be holding her

She went out and he was reading

"Enge aval" (where is she?") she asked

"Downstairs" he said

She leaned on the sliding French door frame.
He went back to his book, and looked up

"I will go down" she said

He didnt call out for her

She turned back and walked up to him "Do u have ur tickets?" she asked

He shook his head

OFCOURSE!!
NO WORDS
PAAVI!

She showered and changed into a floral chiffon skirt and a white skinny blouse, and a denim jacket

Amma called her to yell she had missed paatu class

Singing had brought II "back" from the depth of sorrow

Amma had spent many afternoons after school either picking her up from MM or driving down directly from KV and sitting down with her making her sing for an hour
sometimes two
II held the baby or Amma held her, as they sat cross legged on the floor, on the dhurrie
Somedays Amma brought her music teacher along, somedays Appa came home early, and came by with II's fave snack from INA or Sarojini Nagar

ranjan's eyes glistened with gratitude at such open display of care and concern

Sam stayed away cautiously

R&B was a lil envious, but tried not to show
II's family reminded him of his own... from 11 years ago when Nandu was born
Ma would drive to Shanti Niketan for spa appointments, foot massages, mother-daughter movie dates
They would do whatever wealthy South Delhi women did

He would sometimes call, at 3 PM or 4 PM, since he never slept, and the girls (Sam and Ma) would be giggling and having a good time

He envied the easy, spontaneous warmth and affection of the Iyers, it came easily to them
He didnt have a natural flair for it, but Ma took with her whatever semblance he had left in him.

He had been able to apologize to her one night about asking her to back off about how he addressed Ranjan

He couldnt meet her gaze, she was astute she must have figured out, it was hard for him

"I only want to say he cares for you" she said softly

Even admitting Ranjan felt the same for him from 6 years ago was like a fairy tale to him, fantastic and unreal.

He fought with those demons daily, and mostly succumbed...

Choosing to be alone even while in the presence of others
As if Nivi sensed it, and wanted to change it...

Ranjan came up with a squirming Nivi, he smiled as he handed her to him.
R&B lost his train of thought

He dropped his book and grabbed his daughter, she was now dressed in a frilly polka dotted onesie

Jenny had changed her, after a spit up Ranjan said

"Neeche le aa, agar soti nahi to, mere kuch dost aa rahe hain" Ranjan said with pride

"Will do" he said politely

Ranjan paused at the door and turned

"Mann kadva na kareen puttar" he said softly  "She is doing "OK" but, time de jara" he supported II

"Will do" he said again

II wandered out... through the master bedroom French doors
Ranjan was gone...

Nivi was groaning sadly
She picked her up, and felt Nivi suck her shoulder, then her chin, then her thumb, audibly

"Did u give her pain killers?" she asked

"I didnt" he said

She looked gorgeous he noticed, svelte, sexy and well rested
He wondered if he would have make up sex tonight...
They were similar in a sense, they loved to let resentment fester, until it got to a tempetuous fever pitch.

taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My most favourite SOSY moments are those which talk about RB and how he feels. So refreshing to get a peek into his head. Thanks Nisha. And also glad to hear your travel story group went well. seems like a fun date to have reliving your travel moments. Mine was a lazy Sunday, laundry, cleaning etc. Made kadhi chahal for lunch, went our for dinner. Kal se naya din! 
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loved the update nisha