You are responsible for your pain- Vishwamitra

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Today Vishwamitra stressed a very poignant point. Your pain is because of your own actions. Mark these words. From life point of view this is very important. Because many times when we are faced with pain we like to look outside , but not inside. We like to point fingers at somebody, blame somebody or put it on circumstance or God, or the so called position of planets. 
All of this might have some influence but ultimately whether it is happiness or pain whatever you get are because of your actions only. 

What do we do when we get physical pain. In certain cases it will go on its own, certain cases you take tablet, certain cases needs surgery and certain severe cases need prolonged medication and support from doctor. We do not hesitate to address our physical pain. 

What about emotional pain. It is the same cycle. Some pain goes on its own. But some pain needs medication and support system to come out of it. But the medication and support system will be available only when you accept there is a problem. Understand that emotional pain is an indication to change the direction of your actions. Something is not right and pain is the indication of that. When you look inward, start asking questions, answers will emerge, some will get solved by self medication. But some pain needs extensive support system just like Ram asked Vishwamitra to share the pain. It needs an emphatic person who can lend a hearing without judging. Even God can be that person. You can speak to God also like you are speaking to a friend all your troubles if you dont get anyone else. Believe me once you talk, speak a way will open up. 

So what is the way to avoid pain in life. Observe present and do your actions responsibly. If you see in the incident involved both Vasistha and Viswamitra are at fault. Nandini was given to Vashistha to take care of ashram needs and also to help any needy people coming to ashram. Not to show off his superiority to a king. And it was this showing of that resulted in Vishwamitra asking the cow and subsequent events. 

So always think before the action. Never show off your boons. They are to be used when only needed the most. Never crave for other's possession. You can ward off emotional pain to a great extend 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Indeed Shruthi, most of us find it easy to blame someone for our bad choices and take sole credit for the good ones...It is probably the human factor in us๐Ÿ˜‰. But the best thing is that our choices good ,bad or ugly will never annihilate us completely because we are always given the gift of time...the time to repent and rectify incase of the bad ones and revel in case of better ones. We humans are very fortunate to have a higher power walking with us in times of turmoil as well as bliss.
Today, when rishi Vishwamitra felt the burden of his sins too heavy to carry,his tears of repentence brought God himself to ease his grief and to deliver him from his suffering!What more could he have asked for?
Our scriptures have shown again and again of how God comes to our rescue in times of peril {Gajendra moksha to the dasha avtaars}.
Savita
Edited by avalonhigh1234 - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Thanks Savitha. Happy to see someone replying in this thread. I was wondering did I make the thread very heavy, philosophical for people ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.
And you rightly said we love to take credit for good ones. But it is said that when something good happens, say " Thank you" to the nature for blessing us.
And when something bad happens look inward. Initially it is very difficult . But as you practice it becomes easier. And this " Thank you" part is easy to practice so it is better to start of with that practice.
Make it a habit to say Thank you. Make it a habit to smile at anyone helping you. It can even be the clerk at the bill desk in grocery story. Life changes a lot.

And you rightly said, whenever we face problems Lord himself will come to us or his messenger will come to us. Only we have to keep our eyes open to understand the person in front of us.

daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Aye shruthi... Kya aap bhi main hoon na reply karne ke liye... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 
Actually my phone battery was dead and my heart had become heavy yday ๐Ÿ˜†. 

Padh ke reply Karti hoon. 

The epi was unexpectedly good ๐Ÿ˜›
lifeiscrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 sruthi dii
nice post๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Ram asked Maharshi Vishwamithra to share his pain.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Ego of a person will never let him see the truth or let him accept his fault.
you said it right dii in general we blame others for our fault but we never ask our self that if i am right or wrong.
unless we accept our faults we can never grow in our lives๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Maharshi Viswamitra lately realised his mistake and now he has no courage to face Maharshi Vashista and to apologise him. Ram gave him the moral support so that Maharshi Vishwamitra gain some courage to seek Maharshi Vashishta's apology

indeed the episode conveyed great knowledge๐Ÿ˜ƒ

daydreamers thumbnail
Shruthi ๐Ÿ‘
At this juncture of my life I whole heartedly agree with every point of yours.. Reasons you must have read on symbolisms thread ๐Ÿ˜†

What I have learnt is till you don't take responsibility of your own actions no one can help you, not even God. 

Similar has happened with vishwamitra... 

Cmn to ur point of emotional pain. As I said these 2 yrs have been pretty tough for me... Both physically and emotionally. My health is on a  constant check with medication... But when it cones to emotional imbalance I always feel I need to go a psychiatrist... ๐Ÿ˜† Not because am mad or mental.. But because I need to pour out my agony... Fortunately a friend of mine is a doctor and is pursuing psychology... She heard me out.. She even guided me.. But that day I realised that the time till I don't take the responsibility of my actions, till the time I don't dig deep inside me, I won't be free of this suffering... 

And yes yesterday's episode and your analysis has hit me hard and I find it relatable... 
Edited by daydreamers - 8 years ago
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No shruthi your posts are reflective never heavy. I don't get time in the mornings ,so I wait till after dinner when I get uninterrupted  ๐Ÿ˜Štime to reply.
Thankfulness along with faith in ourselves and in the divine is what makes our life distinctive. We humans are supposed to have 70000 thoughts in our mind everyday and an expression of gratefulness goes along way to keep the majority of them positive and  bright...whenever I feel like going on a cribbing spree{which happens often at random๐Ÿ˜‰}I pause ,reflect and count my blessings. I have realized that it does have a positive outcome. It is work in progress, of course๐Ÿ˜†.
Savita
shruthiravi thumbnail
@manasa you need to see that superiority complex drives Vishwamitra to prove himself better than vashistha. And this is where we need to understand one thing. By fighting for ego, by subjudicating  no one has become great. You become great by your actions. You become great when you show path to others to follow. To become great walk a path so that people respect you and not fear you.

@DD happy to know you have got wisdom at the age of 22.
lifeiscrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@manasa you need to see that superiority complex drives Vishwamitra to prove himself better than vashistha. And this is where we need to understand one thing. By fighting for ego, by subjudicating  no one has become great. You become great by your actions. You become great when you show path to others to follow. To become great walk a path so that people respect you and not fear you.

@DD happy to know you have got wisdom at the age of 22.

you are right di
pehale to Vishwavrat had superiority complex ab after turning into Bramharshi Vishwamitra now he is suffering with inferiority complex๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
how did vishawrat name transformed into Vishwamitra do you have any idea regarding this dii???

daydreamers thumbnail

Originally posted by: sugunmanas

you are right di
pehale to Vishwavrat had superiority complex ab after turning into Bramharshi Vishwamitra now he is suffering with inferiority complex๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
how did vishawrat name transformed into Vishwamitra do you have any idea regarding this dii???

Sorry to butt in... 

But I ges it's the tym when Vashishtha forgives him for the greater good... Though he felt offended first but I ges he understood it later.. I ges we may get that ans today...