Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
@manas 
I think more than inferiority its about the guilt that pulls him down.. And its both good and bad... Bad because he isn't free of his sin and good as he has a realization of his deeds... 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@manasa I will search on the name and will reply. I am not very sure of that story
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@manasa I will search on the name and will reply. I am not very sure of that story

Ditto... 

But I think they'll show smthn more to it... 
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi Shruthi. Good topic and my favourite Guru-Shishya relation. We are normal human beings and are intend to pass on the blame. Our impulsive reaction is to blame our fate if none is available. But the day, we sit back and start analysing the events we will know our initial mistake was the base of all problems. Once we understand this, we reach the state of mental maturity.  The age factor has nothing to do with mental maturity. When he approached guru Vashisth for help to save the rishis from tadka, he was not hesitant. So Ram's words are just an external triggering pulse for Vishwamitra to proceed with his plan to ask for forgiveness from Vashisth.

But from the show, I have two difference of opinion:
1: Why Vishwamitra shared his inner turmoil to Ram after later's marriage and not during his journey towards Mithila ? Does CV's want to show that Ram attained the maturity only after taking the responsibility of marriage?
2: When Vishwamitra became brahma rishi, he never had such egoistic or inferiority/superiority complex. So when he was called as brahma rishi, he should have asked for apology to Vashisth on the day he met him and not now. Its just my POV.

lifeiscrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: daydreamers

Sorry to butt in...

But I ges it's the tym when Vashishtha forgives him for the greater good... Though he felt offended first but I ges he understood it later.. I ges we may get that ans today... 

@bold you are always welcome Janvi😃
why do we always start a conversation like this with a sorry🤣
i want cv's to present it in proper manner not to drag much i am really expecting a answer from them
Edited by sugunmanas - 8 years ago
lifeiscrazy thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

dii if you get to know pls share it with us😃
Edited by sugunmanas - 8 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: sugunmanas

dii if you get to know pls share it with us😃

Have a look of the links. Its not authentic, but story sounds good and matches with what I heard before.
https://srisatchmo.wordpress.com/2015/03/01/on-penance-tapas-or-the-story-of-vishwamitra/
or
http://hindumythologyforgennext.blogspot.in/2012/04/sage-vishwamitra-part-3_17.html
lifeiscrazy thumbnail
thank you Ramya for the link
What about Vishwavrat name???
is it Kausika or Vishwavrat now i am confused again

copy pasting the article here just for others convinience

Long ago there was a great king named Kaushika, who was unequaled in might and splendour. His life-long quest began not in glory but in his utter defeat and humiliation. He and his armies were once the guests of the great sage Vashishta. The king, jealous of the sage's gift-giving cow Kamadhenu, tried to take it by force. Upon being attacked, Vashishta reduced the king's armies to ashes and Kaushika's defeat was total. The king realized that his strength of might was insignificant next to the power wielded by Vashishta. Kaushika vowed to forsake the world and pursue these powers by undertaking great tapas.

Kaushika gave up his royal comforts and sought out solitude in the forest. There he began to practice with great intensity. As time passed, his power grew and Indra, king of the gods, became worried. Indra feared that Kaushika's power had grown so much as to eclipse his own and so he devised a plan to distract Kaushika from his tapas. Indra dispatched the most beautiful apsara (celestial dancer) Menaka to lure Kaushika away from his practice. The former king fell deeply in love with Menaka. They lived together happily and had a daughter named Shakuntala. Ultimately, Kaushika became aware of Indra's plan and rejected Menaka to return more ardently to his practice.

Kaushika began again to re-gain his lost power. Indra, again fearful of his position, this time sent down the queen of the apsaras, Rambha, to tempt Kaushika away from his penance. This time the it was not love that the lovely lady met but anger. The former king learned that his real enemy was not Indra but himself. His anger taught him that he had still not mastered himself and again set himself to great tapas. Indra tried once more by visiting Kaushika in the guise of an old beggar just as he was about to break a long fast. The disguised Indra asked for the little bit of food that Kaushika had prepared and the former king gave it without hesitation. Indra had been thwarted and having finally conquered himself, Kaushika's powers were like no other.

There was also an incident where Kaushika again depletes all of his powers in helping his friend Trishanku to ascend to the heavens with his physical body. Again Kaushika returned to his penance which he held without distraction for many years. Finally Lord Brahma appeared to Kaushika to reward him with a boon. When asked, Kaushika requested to be a Brahmarishi (Brahman Sage), equal to his old rival sage Vashishta. Brahma explained that because Kaushika was a king he could not be a Brahmarishi and instead gave him the title of Rajarishi (Royal Sage). Kaushika was not satisfied and continued his penance steadfastly. Again Lord Brahma appeared and offered a boon; Kaushika's reply was the same. Brahma gave him the same explanation saying it was impossible and this time gave him the title of Maharishi (Great Sage). Kaushika continued his tapas undaunted until Brahma appeared a third time. In the last encounter Brahma finally accented and bestowed the title of Brahmarishi on Kaushika, who was renamed sage Vishmamitra.

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
@Manas: Welcome. If you read the next link, its stated clearly Vashisth called Vishwamitra as Brahmarishi.
We used to say "Vashisth vayal brahmarishi pattam -means getting the title brahmarishi from Vashisth" if we are praised by our teachers😆

Kaushika ("descendant of Kusha")- he was the king of Kanyakubja. As for as I know, Kaushika did  several penance to attain the title of brahmarishi, but he got the titles like Vishwavrat, Rajarishi, Vishwamitra and then finally brahmarishi.
lifeiscrazy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

@Manas: Welcome. If you read the next link, its stated clearly Vashisth called Vishwamitra as Brahmarishi.
We used to say "Vashisth vayal brahmarishi pattam -means getting the title brahmarishi from Vashisth" if we are praised by our teachers😆

Kaushika ("descendant of Kusha")- he was the king of Kanyakubja. As for as I know, Kaushika did  several penance to attain the title of brahmarishi, but he got the titles like Vishwavrat, Rajarishi, Vishwamitra and then finally brahmarishi.

i thought of it but its more clear as you explained it Ramya🤗