Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Shruthi I beg your pardon to have not read it till now, & thank god I read it on time, I dontwant to miss any of your MIND BLOWING POSTS SHruthi..πŸ‘.you are such a amazing person I tell you. God Bless & aww...you make me feel crazier to this show I must tell you that..πŸ€—and the pheras & that idea of ram & siya sharing their vachans..ahhh its something never ever done before in any show..& ofcourse it had to be ram siya who could do it..!! The eternal lovers..!!😳😳
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Hema no other show can do that. Because Ram-Siya are that couple who not only took the vow, but took great pains to stand by it as an example to the society.
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Hema no other show can do that. Because Ram-Siya are that couple who not only took the vow, but took great pains to stand by it as an example to the society.

Their trials and tests were taken up by the couples who sat facing them. Their pain was reflected by the couples who showed their utmost dedication at the time of crisis. πŸ˜ƒ
shruthiravi thumbnail
@DD beautiful post dear and I have loved the way you have analyzed the symbolisms. Actually since I was very busy from last Thursday I just managed to see the repeats and then quickly run the analysis. That mandap placement I was also waiting to look at it. Because just like you who write short stories and blogs I knew symbolism is there.

And I had thought it will be Lakshmila in middle, bharat in front and Shatrughna behind. Reason representation of Vishnu. The mandap facing Ram-Siya will have Adhishesha with his consort. And flanked by Sudharshan and conch.But when Bharat Mandavi was placed I was confused a bit. But your post makes sense.

Lakshman is Ram's defense or shadow so he has to be in front. To take any danger that affects Ram before him.
Bharat is reflection so Ram's life has to be reflected in Bharat's life. Hence straight or middle mandap for them.
Shatrughna behind because his identity is dependant on the other 3. Unless the other 3 plays their part properly the last pair will not have significance.

In a sense you can call the 4 mandaps the symbolisms of Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha.

First and foremost is Dharma or the knowledge of right living- Represented by Ram-Siya and hence their mandap separate and of highest order

Then comes Artha or Wealth represented by Lakshmila, they are the real wealth in any family, the emotional support without which no crisis can be handled. Lakshman remains the emotional support for Ram-Siya, while Urmila does the same in the palace

Then Kama or Power represented by Bharat-Mandavi. A man who does not want power as he has lost the brother in whom he sees his guru and another brother whom he regard as his wealth. Kama has no meaning without Dharma and artha. Or otherwise power is useless if you don't have right knowledge and without your loved ones.

Moksha represented by Shatrughna -Shruthakirti- Because all the other 3 forces balanced, they had a good life, calm life compared to all 3 brothers. And if there was any imbalance anywhere it would have been catastrophic, war torn in physical front between brothers and emotionally torn within between sisters.
daydreamers thumbnail

@DD beautiful post dear and I have loved the way you have analyzed the symbolisms. Actually since I was very busy from last Thursday I just managed to see the repeats and then quickly run the analysis. That mandap placement I was also waiting to look at it. Because just like you who write short stories and blogs I knew symbolism is there.

And I had thought it will be Lakshmila in middle, bharat in front and Shatrughna behind. Reason representation of Vishnu. The mandap facing Ram-Siya will have Adhishesha with his consort. And flanked by Sudharshan and conch.But when Bharat Mandavi was placed I was confused a bit. But your post makes sense.

Lakshman is Ram's defense or shadow so he has to be in front. To take any danger that affects Ram before him.
Bharat is reflection so Ram's life has to be reflected in Bharat's life. Hence straight or middle mandap for them.
Shatrughna behind because his identity is dependant on the other 3. Unless the other 3 plays their part properly the last pair will not have significance.

In a sense you can call the 4 mandaps the symbolisms of Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha.

First and foremost is Dharma or the knowledge of right living- Represented by Ram-Siya and hence their mandap separate and of highest order

Then comes Artha or Wealth represented by Lakshmila, they are the real wealth in any family, the emotional support without which no crisis can be handled. Lakshman remains the emotional support for Ram-Siya, while Urmila does the same in the palace

Then Kama or Power represented by Bharat-Mandavi. A man who does not want power as he has lost the brother in whom he sees his guru and another brother whom he regard as his wealth. Kama has no meaning without Dharma and artha. Or otherwise power is useless if you don't have right knowledge and without your loved ones.

Moksha represented by Shatrughna -Shruthakirti- Because all the other 3 forces balanced, they had a good life, calm life compared to all 3 brothers. And if there was any imbalance anywhere it would have been catastrophic, war torn in physical front between brothers and emotionally torn within between sisters.

Ditto... β­οΈ

Thank you for bringing up the four pillars of life. My post had exceeded plus my eye is itching cudnt put it... You echoed my thoughts brilliantly...

May I know ur blog name?😳 you write na? 

Mine is www.thedormantseed.WordPress.com 

My short stories are on hold yet πŸ˜†

Happened to read 'sita's sister' by kavita Kane and am floored with urmila's character. I wish they show something of the sort in SKR. The nidra urmila is good to read but I ges that shall limit the actor's potential. I actually want to see the constant dilemma of urmila's wait vs worth. The same applies to mandvi and shruthkirti. I very much relate to mandvi, me being the short-tempered and impatient.πŸ˜†

Actually after reading 'sita's sister' I somehow deciphered the reason behind making urmila as vidhikari.  Not juz that she was janaka's daughter. Chronologically mandvi should have been but no its urmila. 

Urmila had this typical way of living life I ges. She being the reflection of sita, made peace with whatever she had. She didn't drown in the sea of her pain, instead looked life on a bigger canvas. 

The girl was exceptional with Vedas ( as per the book). A good organiser and a manager of events and works. And I guess even in SKR they have kept this angle to urmila. She would accelerate things to happen. She would pester sita to come to gauri mandir. The tym when sunaina worries of dashratha not meeting sita, urmila pacifies her of sita's spending tym with them. 

And after the mandap placement am looking more towards urmila and lakshman. 

Coming to lakshman, long back there was a scene. The first tym ram sita met at gauri mandir, they stood face to face to each other and an aarti was played. There was this 'ram siya ram BG', as the aarti ends, all bow down in reverence. The focus they gave on lakshman, specially a slight camera pan was really astonishing... That single shot gave away a lot... It was as if lakshman bowing down to siya-ram. A very poetic scene that was. 

Am loving SKR not because of different views or fictionalised portrayal but because of the its narration. Am glad they haven't kept it straight like ramanand Sagar instead they have layered everything which are now opening bit by bit. They are actually making us read in between the lines of Ramayana and not simply parrot it word by word. 

Pothi padh padh jag muya,
 pandit bhaya na koye
Dhai akshar prem ka, 
padhe so pandit hoye
Edited by daydreamers - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
WOW DD kabir ke dohe. Even I am a big fan of them. See the epics were never straight, they were layered. It is only that devotional aspect that makes it straight. Everything had inner meanings and if we understand or try to understand those inner meanings we can improve quality of life.

And SKR is showing those inner meanings both explicitly and implicitly. What is wrong in that. In which other show the marriage rituals were explained so beautifully.

I agree the show needs TRP. But is it that bad to mix entertainment with knowledge. When someone attempts it, why always degrade them.
daydreamers thumbnail
Yaar mujhe ek ek yaad aa raha h ab πŸ˜† so sorry. Post Karti hu. Completely incoherent with the thread thoughπŸ˜†
1st Feb had a lakshmila scene, where she brings food for him. 
There's a beautiful poignant dialogue there. A loop was opened. 

"Aap ke liye kiya jaane wala karya mere liye kashta nahi apitu santosh ka nimitta hoga" 

It was β€οΈ + πŸ’”

This is long ago opened loop...
 Let's c who gets the kashta and who gets the santosh. 
shruthiravi thumbnail
@DD create a separate thread with the symbolisms you have seen. Even copy paste whatever you wrote here. We will discuss in that threadπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
daydreamers thumbnail

WOW DD kabir ke dohe. Even I am a big fan of them. See the epics were never straight, they were layered. It is only that devotional aspect that makes it straight. Everything had inner meanings and if we understand or try to understand those inner meanings we can improve quality of life.

And SKR is showing those inner meanings both explicitly and implicitly. What is wrong in that. In which other show the marriage rituals were explained so beautifully.

I agree the show needs TRP. But is it that bad to mix entertainment with knowledge. When someone attempts it, why always degrade them.

Not a word that I disagree... πŸ˜ƒ
daydreamers thumbnail

@DD create a separate thread with the symbolisms you have seen. Even copy paste whatever you wrote here. We will discuss in that threadπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Lol... Sach me.. I was thinking the same... But mujhe sab ek ek yaad aa ra h πŸ˜†

Will open it asap abhi k abhi πŸ˜†πŸ˜›