Kanya is created for the betterment of 2 families-Raja Janak

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I guess Ghatbandhan I dont have to explain as Vashist explained it most beautifully. So I thought I will stick to var pooja and Kanyadan. 
First var pooja. Many see this as a subjudication of a girl's father. Really no. In my earlier post also I had stated in the mandap Var-Vadhu is treated as Vishnu-Lakshmi. So the girl's father just by having a girl of good qualities is getting an opportunity to do the symbolic pooja of Vishnu's feet himself . Vishnu's pada pooja yes people go to temples, stand in queue and watch this being done by the priest. But our marriage ritual says that by having Lakshmi in your home, you get the opportunity of doing Vishnu's pada pooja at the time of her marriage . So is it really bad to have a daughter. 

Now Kanyadan. A girl is treated as Lakshmi. What does Lakshmi symbolize. Wealth. And when does wealth gets value. When it is transacted. Using wealth for the right purposes brings prosperity to family and society. A girl is the greatest wealth parents possess. When they do her kanyadan they are not giving away their burden. Understand the meaning of dan. Dan is given by someone who has to someone who does not have. Lenewale ka haat neeche, aur denewale ka haath upaar. The one who gives is the one who really have the wealth. It is his decision whether to give or not. 

When parents do the kanyadan they are sending away their most precious possession to another house willingily so that with the values and culture they have given her, she is able to bring positive change in another family which is not blessed by daughters. 

And it is said that Kanyadan is the greatest dan because a parent is sending away their child willingly for the betterment of the society. So Kanyadan is done for the betterment of family and society. For creation of new society based on new good values. 

If there is no Kanyadan or if parents doesnt want to marry off their daughters then how will the human race move forward. How will culture gets evolved. 

We need to understand this principle when we talk about Kanyadan. A parents takes the greatest punya by doing Kanyadan. Not the way it is done currently, putting your burden in another's shoulders, but when with love the child is given in marriage for the betterment of family and society.

And like any daan which should be done after evaluating the receiver to get the best results, kanyadan has to be done with the right man, who has values, culture, talent and abilities. It should not be done to any tom, dick and harry because your daughter has to be married somehow.

Only when parents use such discerning power, good men and good values will move forward and men who doesnt respect women will be slowly removed.

PS: Guys really busy.want to right something more. But will catch up later 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Today's episode was very beautiful,  each ceremony has meaning and significance as two souls move on to become one. 
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
UnRes... 
Wanna write so much.. But my eyes don't allow me to 😭 phew!!!

Shruthi great post ⭐️ and a terrific episode 👏

Me kya add kar sakti hu bhala u wrote everything so beautifully😳

I'll add up my concerns and my wishes... 😆

The slight expression changes of ram when janak did kanyadaan.. Prabhu jaante hai aage kya hone wala hai... 

What am more curious about is how will janak sunaina react... In the previous adaptations we didn't get this... And the show being SKR, I want the cvs to deal with this aspect... 

And not juz the 14yrs exile but also sita's abandonment by ram in the uttarakand... I know nothing of this... Did janak died by then? If so we can Atleast have sunaina's POV... Even shatanand, gargi and yagyavalva. I solely believe these characters have been dealt properly till now and show a lot of potential.. I simply don't want the show to revolve only around ayodhya... Curse me, but I admire mithila more than ayodhya... I don't know why but right from first episode am always in to watch only for mithila... 

Did I ever told this? I guess not... I love gargi... The way she affected, inspired and guided sita. The way sunaina didn't approve it even when she didn't talk much of it, but was pretty evident on her face and even gargi noticed it. 
Now why did I got gargi here? The focus on her during the beginning of sita's kanyadaan... Shaaa... *sigh*.. Nthn can beat it... 

And the gathbandhan scene... Whatta explanation 👏 and yes even vashishtha's character is superbly penned and evolving... 

Nthn much to add. Even when the focus was on siya-ram I only thot of lakshmila... 😆 couldn't help it... My heart goes to them... Am more curious to see how they will deal with this angle... 

Even as a kid when I heard stories on Ramayana, my concern was always this, what happened to janak? What happened to mithila? Didn't they care when their daughter was abandoned? 

I don't know if the original has this angle.. I don't know if any folklore has their share of tragedy and dilemma. I have not heard anything on it coz. I'll be happy if the show deals with side... 

What really compelled me to pen this down even in my critical condition is that minute expression on ashish's face. ( I may be over thinking also 😆) but the tym janak said that he's giving the light of his eyes sita to ram, it made me think and think like anything. 

Will janak regret his decision? Will he be furious? Will there be anyone who shall make him understand?( if so I again c yagyavalva here, like in d first epi when he advised them to adopt sita). 

I happened to watch an epi few days ago of how the kid sita consoled shatanand about his mother and informed him of the way that would free his mother of the curse. She then expressed her concern of who will save mithila as kushaldhwaj was out of mithila... Shatanand told that it would be her who would save them. A thot crossed my mind was, what after she has gone? 

If the cvs really want to show the andekha pehlu I really want to see mithila in parts... I want that whole cast of mithila time and again.. 

This is truly off topic but couldn't help as I was on first pg today 😆😉
Edited by daydreamers - 8 years ago
dkorumilli thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Sruthi,
I just started watching this serial from last week and ibfound how meaningful and good every episode is. And when I come to this form, I found your posts as beautiful as show. Sometimes I am feeling does they really showing whatever great posts you are writing. I agree they are doing wonderful episodes and your posts making them more meaningful to them. I am loving both of them. Thank you for such wonderful posts.
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanku so much di for the enlightening post .
I would pester my mom with the kanyadan question .
Now my doubt is cleared .
Sanavi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thnk u Shruti for such a detailed explanation of the rituals.
Sanavi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: daydreamers

UnRes...

Wanna write so much.. But my eyes don't allow me to😭phew!!!

Shruthi great post⭐️and a terrific episode👏

Me kya add kar sakti hu bhala u wrote everything so beautifully😳

I'll add up my concerns and my wishes...😆

The slight expression changes of ram when janak did kanyadaan.. Prabhu jaante hai aage kya hone wala hai...

What am more curious about is how will janak sunaina react... In the previous adaptations we didn't get this... And the show being SKR, I want the cvs to deal with this aspect...

And not juz the 14yrs exile but also sita's abandonment by ram in the uttarakand... I know nothing of this... Did janak died by then? If so we can Atleast have sunaina's POV... Even shatanand, gargi and yagyavalva. I solely believe these characters have been dealt properly till now and show a lot of potential.. I simply don't want the show to revolve only around ayodhya... Curse me, but I admire mithila more than ayodhya... I don't know why but right from first episode am always in to watch only for mithila...

Did I ever told this? I guess not... I love gargi... The way she affected, inspired and guided sita. The way sunaina didn't approve it even when she didn't talk much of it, but was pretty evident on her face and even gargi noticed it.
Now why did I got gargi here? The focus on her during the beginning of sita's kanyadaan... Shaaa... *sigh*.. Nthn can beat it...

And the gathbandhan scene... Whatta explanation👏and yes even vashishtha's character is superbly penned and evolving...

Nthn much to add. Even when the focus was on siya-ram I only thot of lakshmila...😆couldn't help it... My heart goes to them... Am more curious to see how they will deal with this angle...

Even as a kid when I heard stories on Ramayana, my concern was always this, what happened to janak? What happened to mithila? Didn't they care when their daughter was abandoned?

I don't know if the original has this angle.. I don't know if any folklore has their share of tragedy and dilemma. I have not heard anything on it coz. I'll be happy if the show deals with side...

What really compelled me to pen this down even in my critical condition is that minute expression on ashish's face. ( I may be over thinking also😆) but the tym janak said that he's giving the light of his eyes sita to ram, it made me think and think like anything.

Will janak regret his decision? Will he be furious? Will there be anyone who shall make him understand?( if so I again c yagyavalva here, like in d first epi when he advised them to adopt sita).

I happened to watch an epi few days ago of how the kid sita consoled shatanand about his mother and informed him of the way that would free his mother of the curse. She then expressed her concern of who will save mithila as kushaldhwaj was out of mithila... Shatanand told that it would be her who would save them. A thot crossed my mind was, what after she has gone?

If the cvs really want to show the andekha pehlu I really want to see mithila in parts... I want that whole cast of mithila time and again..

This is truly off topic but couldn't help as I was on first pg today😆😉

I agree with you. Even I want to see Mithila and their reactions of Vanvaas, sita haranharan, and all the other incidents.
Hope CV'S are reading this.
Suganya.S thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Again a commendable post shruthi 👏

I was really overwhelmed to see that scene and simply loved how they hav illustrated every ritual about marriage and its significance through vashist ji and Raja Janak 😳 Beside the divinity , I loved the way ashish's Ram looked throughout the episode than Maddy's Sita , subtle yet charming Wat to do , Ashish was more cute with his expressions 😆

@DD : Agree 😊 you hav said aptly 👏 I would love to see ur words coming true 😳 Edited by Suganya.S - 8 years ago
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
when did kanya became the burden? why did the precious daughter became the tool of extortion by the in-laws? why did we forget the value of a daughter? janak's knowledge is forgotten by us, now no one wants a daughter because of the stupid thing called dowry.
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The whole vivah saptah has been a great learning experience and for all of us who have been married long, it has brought an element of nostalgia too. Every important aspect of a wedding rituals, till now, has been explained excellently. Kudos to the SKR team👏 for bringing back the reverence and sacredness of our wedding rituals!
A wedding is an important part of a girl's life...why and when did it acquire so much importance that it creates a ripple in the society as soon as a girl is born? why does it scare a parent so much that some of them even go the extent of killing the girls in the mother's womb itself? how did the modern society get to this stage, where the things and wealth a bride brought in her marriage  has attained a greater significance than her values and character? Why is a daughter considered a burden from her birth itself that it takes a prime minister after almost 69 yrs of freedom to start a campaign to 'save the girl child' and 'educate a girl child'?
Personally I have never faced this in my family or even after marriage, so when I read about these discrimination or in extreme cases atrocities committed  against a girl or a woman, it disturbs me immensely .My daughters have always been a source of pride and joy not just to me and my husband but also to our respective families. I just want them to be good, independent and strong when they grow up...for now their marriage seems to be a not often thought about, vague and distant dream😊.
Savita