Diya Baati Symbolism - How does Diya spread light

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Guys you might be thinking why I have taken the symbolism of Diya - Baati and not Diya Milan. Reason is the symbolism of Diya-Milan was clearly mentioned by all the 3 ladies in their own way. It shows the milan of 2 souls, milan of 2 cultures and a symbolism of happy married life that spreads joy in family as well as in society. 
So what when 2 souls merge into one, what when 2 cultures merge into one. How does that single Diya spread light. Diya cannot spread light alone. It needs Baati or the wick. That is what the relation of husband and wife. Just like that of Diya and Baati. Baati burns itself to spread light, and Diya is not doing anything less, it is holding the hot oil for baati to burn. If baati is taking the heat, Diya is also taking the heat but in different form. Same is the case of hus-wife. I have seen many woman complaining during child birth that my husband dont care. And there are many men who just dont seem to care about what their wife is going through. But believe me in any loving relation where the bond is strong when the woman take the physical pain of child birth, a husband takes an equally big emotional pain. His worry about his wife and the unborn child till it is assured both are fine. And that emotional pain is much bigger than the physical pain because he doesnt have anything under his control. And when a man takes that emotional pain a woman will be able to bear the physical pain much better because more than her condition, her thoughts will be on her husband's well being and he being calm. A child born to such parents who care so much for each other will have a loving atmosphere. I gave an example which most people can relate to on the equation of Diya-Baati. 

But it is like that in every case. Every challenge, every sorrow the couple share in their own way, spreading the light to others just like the birth of the child brings happiness to the family. Light always comes when Diya Baati is together and have oil as the fuel. In hus-wife relation the oil that makes the relation run is their unconditional love for each other. Love that is not always pleasant, but can be warm and hot too just like the oil that goes from cold to hot when Diya starts spreading light. But light is in that hotness, in that warmth. So keep the relation strong with the oil of love and spread the light to the family and society being Diya-Baati to each other as situation demands. 

PS: It has taken me a lot of strength to write this post today, because this bought back memories of a forum and the soap I started my journey in IF. The soap was very close to my heart, where after years I saw a male lead talking sense in Indian TV. It was the top show in Indian TV for almost 3 years without any naagins and dayans. TRPs were much more than what the current Naagin gets whenever the leading man took centre stage. He was not the angry young man who walked around shouting, bashing and abusing, nor did he fight any criminals or gundas. He talked less, but did more. But then the CVs destroyed it, destroyed his character beyond recognition. Dont know why, because TRPs never came and the soap from being top is now somewhere in 7th or 8th position and sometimes not even in top 10. And I was pained and after stopping writing in that forum regularly I had locked that pain where I saw a beautiful concept being murdered. But today when I wrote the post, without even I knowing tears started flowing, making me realize how much I had loved that soap. Hope you all enjoy this  post.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumedha93 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Are you talking about Diya Baati the show ?
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Sumedha is it that obvious. Yes it is. How can I forget the beautiful dialogue " Baati ke bina Diya ka koi vajood nahi hota hain. Vaise hi aapke ke aane se mere zindagi mein ujala hua Dekhiye aap en diyo ko. Kaise tez Hawa se ladkar bhi ye bhujthe nahin. Phir aap kaise har man sakthi hai "
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
R... 
Need to compose myself before reading and writing ðŸ˜†. Today's episode was stupendous, subtle,layered in every way... 
sumedha93 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Sumedha is it that obvious. Yes it is. How can I forget the beautiful dialogue " Baati ke bina Diya ka koi vajood nahi hota hain. Vaise hi aapke ke aane se mere zindagi mein ujala hua Dekhiye aap en diyo ko. Kaise tez Hawa se ladkar bhi ye bhujthe nahin. Phir aap kaise har man sakthi hai "

It is obvious. ðŸ˜Š 
 Well I never watched the show so can't say. 
But anyway a good post ðŸ˜ƒ
daydreamers thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Well I was never a part of DABH forum but was surely bowled over the idea of the show... The name,concept and even the title track... But Alas! They took it to a different level altogether and now there's no head or tail to it... 

Shruthi I ges u r more of content and dialogue person? Is it? Ho toh phir haath mila lo behna... ðŸ˜›
BertieWooster thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Loved your take, Shruthi..

Loved the epi...what a glorious smile was that..Ram to Narad...loved it...!

Btw, we have some super funny Ramayan memes on Twitter..and tagging Siya Ke Ram as well...come when you can...#siyaram bhakts would surely be furious to know how loosely the divine couple's names are used!
shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes DD I am a content and dialogue person. Superbly written dialogues, beautifully picturized symbolisms hold my attention. Today's epi was a beauty in every way. 
daydreamers thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumedha93

It is obvious. ðŸ˜Š 
 Well I never watched the show so can't say. 
But anyway a good post ðŸ˜ƒ

Sumedha for a change in every literal sense it was a male centric show but they made it into kitchen politics.. I also didn't watch it much but initial episodes were good... 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes Bertie Ram's smile floor me to be frank. Full Moh Maya😃