Users

Frequent Posters

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago

Priyanka Chopra to present at the Oscars

By: PTI | Last Updated: Tuesday, 2 February 2016 12:20 PM

Priyanka Chopra to present at the Oscars

Los Angeles: Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, who has made a successful international debut with American show "Quantico", is all set to present at the upcoming 88th Academy Awards.

Her name comes in the second slate of presenters that includes Steve Carell, Quincy Jones, Byung-hun Lee, Jared Leto Julianne Moore, Olivia Munn, Margot Robbie, Jason Segel Andy Serkis, JK Simmons, Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon.

Reacting to the news, the 33-year-old "Bajirao Mastani" star tweeted, Looking forward @TheAcademy!! This will be an insaaane night!"

She has been congratulatory messages on Twitter from her fans, colleagues from Bollywood and critics since the announcement.

Replying to one such post, the actress wrote, "Now the hunt for the perfect dress begins!!! #oscars2016."

Priyanka becomes the sole representative of India at this year's Oscar ceremony. The country's official entry in the best foreign film category for the Oscars 2016, "Court" could not make it to the final five.

The Academy Awards are scheduled to take place on February 28, 2016, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California.

Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 8 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Way to go PC! πŸ₯³πŸ‘ 
So much proud of her! 
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ₯³Priyanka Chopra saving The Oscars from the current diversity drama haha.
 YAAAS! Go PC!
After the SAG, this was the next logical step. I hope she doesnt faint from the excitement haha

πŸ₯³
CineFanLuver thumbnail

Originally posted by: rosetreasures

It's NOT because of the Oscars controversy that she's in the awards show. I predicted this last year the moment she signed onto Quantico. ABC hosts the Oscars year after year and they routinely plug their shows during the ceremonies (hence Viola Davis and Kerry Washington keep popping up again and again)

Bringing PC just gives em a chance to promote Quantico during the ceremony nothing more. It's a bigger achievement that she attends something like SAG, which is not connected to her show's channel

Anyways, congrats to her! I hope she picks a fabulous dress for the ceremony!

I second this. SAG was everything, especially for the award she presented! It definitely is the National Awards level for actors. 
But we cannot ignore that this is also a nice way to counter the Oscars Too White controversy when so many people of color do show up. πŸ˜‰

As fluffy as the Oscars are, being a presenter is a big deal because of the exposure. If she nails her dress too,  gets that redcarpet buzz & is cool & not too hyper, she is going to make HUGE HUGE waves in Hwood.
Edited by BollyFanLuver - 8 years ago
CineFanLuver thumbnail

Originally posted by: Error_404

I guess PC was added to show diversity atleast in presenting awards.  Yeah she isn't as well known but if Olivia Munn is included, PC is any day better and talented than her. What has Olivia Munn done in the industry other than showcase her boobs everywhere.

Olivia Munn fills the sexy starlet quotas to get the nerds & football heads to tune in. She is along her boyfriend NFL Champion Aaron Rodgers one of the hottest couples of the league (owned by WME as @sogazelle said) & she is chummy with all the biggies. Wasnt she a Weinstein girl at one point. Yeah, in Hwood, it is all about your agency & your contacts.  
PC & the Korean superstar will help boost the ratings as the asian public will tune in. That should help soften the african american boycott...

Originally posted by: Gauahargeous_N

It's a combination of her talent agency + ABC + need for diversity + Hollywood's curiosity for Priyanka ... she's in the right place at the right time! Good for her!! So happy for PC! πŸ˜Š

Her timing is beyond perfect!!! I love how people were making fun of her here  but she was meticulously planning to go beyond what has already be done by those who paved the way first (Aishu, Anil Kapoor, Irfan Khan, Archie Punjabi, Mindy Kaling etc...)
PC told us she lives to be an achiever, glad her gamble is paying off already. 
It may sound silly but she HAS to nail her looks for the redcarpet. The Oscars redcarpet will make or break you unless you are a Meryl Streep lol  
I boycott the Oscars myself but Iam so happy for her!!😭πŸ₯³πŸ˜Ž
JaaniDushman thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
People celebrate Loreal Cannes appearances, Uske saamne Oscar toh Bahut Badi cheez hai! πŸ˜†

Edited by Patronus - 8 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: Patronus

People celebrate Loreal Cannes appearances, Uske saamne Oscar toh Bahut Badi cheez hai! πŸ˜†

Cannes 2 sec fame of walking on red carpet :p
JaaniDushman thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You know she needs to be how she is- not less hyper or anything because What the Indian audiences hate about her, HW is liking about her! She has already charmed the media cause unlike how poised, a little stuck up, snobby HW celebs usually are, PC seems more friendly & down to earth!! I remember reading this tweet from a journalist after PC's press con saying how HW celebs needs to learn a few things about politeness from their BW counterparts!!

I think that contributes as well! Quantico wins her fans, media she is charming & she has got the best agency out there! What more do you need?

BTW I really really hope she wears a sareee!! Would totally totally stand outEdited by Patronus - 8 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Well, it is the whole diversity thing. But also they want to showcase women in color that are powerful.Plus,  PC won PCA which clearly brings she's a hit with the crowds and ABC understands that.
PC is creating waves. Everyone is taking notice of her. She's getting good coverage and film offers. It makes sense. I'm so effin' proud of this girl. Her longevity is remarkable. Not everyone can boast about that. She started in 2000s and still keeps going up. Young talents need to follow her career path b/c she's been smart and hard working a good risk-taker.

Originally posted by: TheJake

Actually Degrassi. πŸ˜†

Over a period of 15 years that show has become terrible . Its a chore to ever watch πŸ˜²πŸ˜†