I have given a test, now your turn- Ram

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Sorry guys I am not able to reply to many of your posts in my topic yesterday as tied up due to weekend. 
This is also a quick post. Today Ramji was taking the test of his would be. What a way to take the test. By the time Sita understood she was getting tested usne tho poori kahani bol dhi πŸ˜†. 

So Sita had taken the test of Ram in the swayamvar. Is he capable of lifting the dhanush she lifted as a child. Now Ram wanted to know her feelings for him. Whether they were spontaneous or pehele se hi kuch tha.
What a way to ask the question. You are happy with the marriage right. You didnt succumb to the circumstances and took the decisions
And here goes Janaki. I was connected to you, even before I saw you. Then she counts every incident that connected her to him. If that is not enough she even tells when she was confused about her feelings she came to Gauri Mandir and she got the message invitation of swayamvar has gone to Ayodhya. 
He is not satisfied asking we just came to see the Dhanush not to participate in swaymavar, how did you have faith. 
And she asks does faith needs any proof or anything written. Clearly telling I know you are for me and I am for you. That's it. 

And I loved the entire convo. Ram now knew completely it was not when he lifted the dhanush she chose him, but then she had always chosen him, dhanush was only a proof for the world. 

Actually in Ram-Siya you can see a lot maryada of courting period. Especially for those who are having arranged marriages. The time between your engagement and marriage is the golden period. Use it wisely. To talk. To discuss. To understand. It is not like talking mindless things 24*7 in mobile and whatsapp, but putting forth your genuine questions, concerns in a loving way to your partner, without being vulgar. You can say you can test each other in a teasing, interesting way. One thing you always need to remember in courting period is that the marriage is not yet soleminized. So though the society has started seeing you as hus -wife know the boundaries well of courting period. Our culture or maryada doesnt allow physical relation during the courting period. The key reason for this is not some regressiveness. The reason for this is to develop your comradeship. Your ability to communicate with each other, understand each other. Because physical relation happens fast, fades fast. But other things you have to put some effort. 
And the best time to put that effort is your courting period so that you lay the foundation right in marriage and yes after marriage you can always enjoy the physical side of marriage without any tension and in the secure bonding of trust. So why hurry towards that.

Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gmgi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Shruthi loved your take on that scene. I was waiting for just this scene from the moment i saw that precap. Ramji is very very clever. Without revealing anything from his side he made her reveal everything . Poor SitajiπŸ˜‰
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@gmgi actually rams possessiveness of sita came in that question. Was it me or u were willing to marry anyone else πŸ˜†. Maryadapurushottam toh kya hua. His to ek premiπŸ˜†
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nicely expressed shruthi di , what I liked was sita's reply that it doesn't require your belief to have a proof , the proof is love , the witness of intution , the feeling that tells u your destiny .
I have lots of intutions , I keep telling my friends about them and they ask me how can u say that , I simply reply that I don't know how but I know what and I believe it since it comes from deep within and that it can listen to many things before our ears can .
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hey shruti..
Lovely post dear..
I love the way Sita tells ram about her feelings...her wish to see him once at VM ashram..then her happiness after knowing he is invited to swayamvar...her waiting for ram's entry in swayamvar and then lifting dhanush...
The way she expressed her feelings for him..

Fabulous scene...
LiveLoveLaugh5 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely post shruti...and the episode was fabulous but I still am left a little confused. Sita had said in the swayamvar that she would be honored to have him as a husband so what made ram ask her again.
The anubhuti was also from ram's side as well haina . The conversation bet them left me wanting for more because we didn't see his confession and what he thought of her..
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@gmgi actually rams possessiveness of sita came in that question. Was it me or u were willing to marry anyone else πŸ˜†. Maryadapurushottam toh kya hua. His to ek premiπŸ˜†

Ditto...πŸ˜†

I loved the scene... It was as if ram wanted to know if its both sided or one sided.. And if both sided, then how deep... πŸ˜‰

And he got his answers wen sita confided in him her secret till now... Plus the fact that sita believed in him even before he lifted the bow has made him satisfied with the answer he got... 
rajshrip thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: daydreamers

Ditto...πŸ˜†

I loved the scene... It was as if ram wanted to know if its both sided or one sided.. And if both sided, then how deep... πŸ˜‰

And he got his answers wen sita confided in him her secret till now... Plus the fact that sita believed in him even before he lifted the bow has made him satisfied with the answer he got... 

shruti - love your post. I loved how ram asked sita about why she wanted to marry him. I want sita to ask the same question to ram and see how he blushes. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
daydreamers thumbnail
IF πŸ˜‘
Am writing for the fourth tym now 

Shruthi lovely post... I wanna add some things.. I'll do that in parts.. Don't wanna get betrayed again... πŸ˜† will edit it dheere dheere... 

Apart from courting we had one more thing.. That was 'INTUITION'. 

Ppl can betray you. Luck can betray you. Thoughts also can betray you. ( sita's dilemma regarding her to-be husband was a result of her muddled thoughts) but intuition can never betray you.. 

Sita had an 'anubhuti' of ram being her better half. A special person... She wanted to believe it... She waited for signals that would take her one step towards her intuition.. And it happened... The invitation, ram's arrival in mithila, then at swayamwar. Once her belief was strong, she didn't look back.. Even dashavtar  of raavan didn't scare her.. She consoled her mother and stayed calm... She had hope as her intuition was strong.. 
Intuition is most of the times 90% right... You just need to pay heed to it...  

Yday's epi had the same concept.. Sita's anubhuti regarding nature... Ram acknowledged this very intuition of hers... He gave her due credit as she was the first to notice the amiss behavior of nature... 

Today as sita narrated him all the instances he listened quietly.. He silently appreciated her sense of understanding but not convinced... 

One thing that puts all his questions to rest is "vishwas kisi tark par aashrit ho aavashyak toh nahi". 

Sita believed her intuition. Her intuition was ram. Indirectly she   believed ram. And that was enough to make him happy... 

I loved how metaphorically the cv's have used ram and sita here.. I don't know how many noticed it... 

Ram was tested for his ability.. He represented logic... 

Sita was tested for her decision.. She represented intuition... 

Logic and intuition never follow each other... They only co-exist if one has proper understanding...

Sita's intuition was fulfilled by ram's logic as he lifted the bow. 
Ram's logic today was fulfilled by sita's intuition.. 

Ram= logic 
Sita= intuition 

For those who believe logic and intuition can't coexist do watch the past two episodes in line... One needs to follow his intuition and use his logic... As in yday's episode.. As sita expresses her worries, ram follows her intuition, once he does that he steps forward and uses his logic by freezing the water. 

So in simple words, for being successful one needs to have both- intuition as well as logic... 

Edited by daydreamers - 8 years ago
daydreamers thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveLoveLaugh5

Lovely post shruti...and the episode was fabulous but I still am left a little confused. Sita had said in the swayamvar that she would be honored to have him as a husband so what made ram ask her again.

The anubhuti was also from ram's side as well haina . The conversation bet them left me wanting for more because we didn't see his confession and what he thought of her..

See... Here's my interpretation... 
Intuition is a feminine aspect... Logic is masculine aspect... Women are found to be more intuitive according to surveys rather they follow intuition more.. Men are more of logic people... They don't understand intuition easily... 
For RAM wanted to meet the person who had cured and served the ashwamedha horse.. He had undue respect for her.. He did feel smthn but he didn't pay much heed to it as sita did, maybe cz he saw no logic behind it... 

Once he lifts the bow and breaks it, it becomes logical to him that sita would be his wife.. He asks her today once again to reassure if she really wishes to marry him... The way he said "maine pariksha de di dhanush tod ke" so he wants to say he does wants to marry her... It's not just that he broke the bow so he's marrying her.. He has a sense of admiration of her, her habits, her nature, her understanding.. He acknowledges the same quite openly like yday's epi.. Sita can't do the same openly being a woman... He asks her to ensure her feelings... 

And he isn't much convinced with her narration till she hits the nail " vishwaas kisi tark par aashrit ho aawayshyak toh nahi" 
That changed hell lot of things... He was assured that she trusts him.. Not just his ability but him as person ( that's more imp in marriage) 

So its more of male female thing u c.. Like men are more towards logic and women towards intuition... 

Men do have intuition but they don't acknowledge it much as compared to logic and vice versa... 
I hope your doubt is cleared... πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by daydreamers - 8 years ago