What BB9 lacks compared to previous seasons?

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi everyone,
This is the first time i'm making a general topic in the forum instead of rules or notes.

BB9 may not have been popular as compared to its previous seasons and there were also many changes that was introduced in the season. I shall note down somethings i noticed that was something considered as 'BIG' in previous seasons but not here. 

• In previous seasons, we used to always notice how the contestants used to always fight to be in the kitchen department and how there would always be a person who cooks well. They would try different cooking and there would be praised and some misses home cooked food. Somehow didn't find any such instances this season and they seemed to just make do with what they get.
  • The theme 'Double Trouble' promised something else but the theme turned out to be a failure and at least the Double Trouble room managed to bring some twist to the otherwise failed theme.
  • Captain's importance in this season didn't seem as important as it was in the previous seasons. In the previous seasons, the Captain used to have their own bed and immunity and everyone used to fight hard to be a Captain. However in this season, being a Captain didn't seemed to be a big deal except that gives immunity for a week. Under each captaincy, there used to be changes in dynamics, household tasks and more but this season seemed to have lacked that.
  • Only the voters and audience had the power to vote out a person. But in this season, the contestants got to eliminate a contestant. And another contestant was indirectly forced to take some sum of money and leave the BB House.
  • Previous seasons used to have diverse contestants from different background. This season had majority of contestants from the acting industry. 
  • Eliminated contestants would appear on Sunday episode and given 'Big Bomb' to be used. However this season, this was inconsistent as most of the elimination was done on Sunday and they never had the chance to appear on the stage again.
  • LiveFeed feature seemed to work according to its mood this season.
These are somethings which i feel lacked compared to its previous seasons and may have contributed the dull feeling to this season.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RKDEWAANA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
the contestants acted like they were on holiday had no interest in the tasks
the same ppl were made captain again and again
the boring contestants had paid votes
the casting sucked 😆It was like they just put anyone they could find eg rimi ankit roopal
Compared to season 8 i feel some of the finalists dont even deserve to be where they are
🥱bore fest
Anywhoo hope season 10 is better l

priya185 thumbnail
hi for your first point people said yuvika's cooking was really good and saving grace of bb9
Missy.90 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good thread!

*I think this season was FULL of contradiction. Violence wouldn't have occurred if BB had spoken up as soon as aggression started during tasks, but BB kept mum.

*Stricter punishment should have been given for speaking in English and for swearing, but BB left it up to Sallu to deal with it on WKW.

*The patterns of nominations was waaay too predictable and the elimination procedure were full on contradictory to what it SHOULD HAVE been.

*Captaincy was owned by a group of friends, NOT an individual. Some rule should have been made for captains of the house too.

*Bad editing! Full picture of certain incident weren't shown, and a lot of cute and fun moments have been edited out which only leaves the negative sides of the housemates to be viewed.

*And of course the lousy tasks! Most of the tasks seemed to encourage aggression, but then contestants get told off for being aggressive. Huge put off!
VishaD. thumbnail

Originally posted by: RKDEWAANA

the contestants acted like they were on holiday had no interest in the tasks
the same ppl were made captain again and again
the boring contestants had paid votes
the casting sucked 😆It was like they just put anyone they could find eg rimi ankit roopal
Compared to season 8 i feel some of the finalists dont even deserve to be where they are
🥱bore fest
Anywhoo hope season 10 is better l

That's true. Most were like they were on a paid vacation. There was hardly any aggression to win the show. The ones with actually could have brought a lot of spices were eliminated prematurely. 
VishaD. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Priya-

hi for your first point people said yuvika's cooking was really good and saving grace of bb9

I think i remember now but in that case, its only once then. Somehow the housemates didn't make a big deal about the food this time.
VishaD. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Missy.90

Good thread!

*I think this season was FULL of contradiction. Violence wouldn't have occurred if BB had spoken up as soon as aggression started during tasks, but BB kept mum.

*Stricter punishment should have been given for speaking in English and for swearing, but BB left it up to Sallu to deal with it on WKW.

*The patterns of nominations was waaay too predictable and the elimination procedure were full on contradictory to what it SHOULD HAVE been.

*Captaincy was owned by a group of friends, NOT an individual. Some rule should have been made for captains of the house too.

*Bad editing! Full picture of certain incident weren't shown, and a lot of cute and fun moments have been edited out which only leaves the negative sides of the housemates to be viewed.

*And of course the lousy tasks! Most of the tasks seemed to encourage aggression, but then contestants get told off for being aggressive. Huge put off!

I remember previous seasons had strict punishments like washing dirty dishes, polishing shoes and more as punishment. 

And for captaincy, the same person was made captain and they bring no changes when they are made a captain again. 

Its true that this season's editor were also to be blamed for what they choose to show and the good moments were not shown. There were hardly any pranks played and the show was supposed to be entertaining but entertainment parts edited out and left fighting and shouting parts.

The only task i found interesting this season is the Detective task. Otherwise most of the task is a repetition of its previous seasons by changing it a little bit. 
BeingBlunt thumbnail
The biggest reason this season did not work is because of BB not being strict themselves. 
Every violation was brushed under the carpet or left to sallu. ðŸ¥±

Also the idiotic editors. uncensored videos and main episodes were opposites. Uncensored videos being more entertaining and episodes being borefest. 

MsFoodyTwoShoes thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The major drawback of this season was ..contestants got away with violence n rules breaking because bb was way too lenient.. They disrespected him so many times but all he did was kadi shabdon main ninda ..Also Unfairness and biased ness was on peak this particular season ..Anyways i had fun ..
Thanks for being a great mod .😊
meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Since I started watching since s07. I think in this season there was no "victim".
Neither was anyone on Salman's hit list nor was anyone singled out by  all the hm's.
So overall there was a very diverse fan group this season.

Did I enjoy it? No, I felt BB himself was biased and encouraged bad behaviors from contestants for gaining TRP. Also too much of outside information to contestants just ruins everyone's game plan. There was no secrets, no plotting, everyone openly hated every other person. And every other week after   Salman's stricture everyone changed back their alliances.