Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Sharing a post from one of our dear friends...relevant to ponder

The Princess And The Pea, If The Pea Were A Small Piece Of Mild Criticism

ONCE upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. They seemed capable of absorbing criticism as well as compliments without letting it tear up their self-image. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.

One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.

It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess.

"Well, we'll soon find that out," thought the old queen. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a piece of mild criticism on the bottom; then she took twenty compliments and laid them on the criticism, and then twenty genuine, loving friendships on top of the compliments and then also a perfectly good life full of interesting work and fulfilling interests and rewarding relationships on top of that.

On this the princess had to lie all night. In the morning she was asked how she had slept.

"Oh, very badly!" said she. "I have scarcely closed my eyes all night. Heaven only knows what was in the bed, but I was lying on something painful, so unbelievably destructive, so that I am black and blue all over my body. It's horrible!"

Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the piece of mild criticism right through the twenty compliments and the twenty genuine, loving friendships and the perfectly good life full of interesting work and fulfilling interests and rewarding relationships on top of that.

Nobody but a real princess could be as sensitive as that.

So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a real princess; and the piece of criticism was put in the museum, where it may still be seen, if no one has stolen it, but she never forgot it.

She never forgot it.

There, that is a true story.

Edited by moonwearer - 8 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PriteeMisra

Hello NeelAsma and everyone around.
All is well with me NeelAsma. Good to see you back. Hoping to read your review on next one.
Dristi, why no review?

Hey Pritee..I'm back to stalk 😃
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
At home Dristi
Watching out for update and doing my household work as well.
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
These smart phones and their batteries😡
Charge is down from 89% to 30%. And no update yet. 😭
Will catch up in the afternoon once I'm home. 
Bye Preeti, SRI. 
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Banks of a stream

Swooning between two hearts in love

"Kya matlab?" she asked Athim cautiously

Akka was in the bathroom, II rocked Nivi...

"Arey, nobody told u u are going back on the naming ceremony day?" he asked stunned

"NAHI TO" II was confused

Akka came out...

"Ka did u know abt this?" II asked

"Ennadi?" she came and picked up the baby, Shubhang was playing with Nivi's hospital toys, and loving it

"Amma is sending me back on the 11th day?" II asked

Akka glared at Bala

Bala picked up Shubhang so he wasnt looking

Bala yanked Nivi's toy from Shubhang and kept it on the bed

"Balaaa" Akka groaned

"I am so sorry da" Bala was apologetic

"Kyon bola isko, already Amma said she was worried they werent going to let her stay the whole 3 months, and that she will have to go back after a month or 6 weeks" Akka ranted

"I am sorry bola na yaar" Bala was horrified

"Amma and Appa had a conversation with Ranjan Uncle and R&B, they both wouldnt even let her stay for 10 days here" Akka said

"Maine dekha na... I walked in" Bala said squirming

"I dont know who is right and who is wrong anymore" Akka sat down sadly

"I have a job too.. I have to go back to work, Amma and Appa have been craving for this event" II kissed Nivi

"Tujhe maloom hai na woh log kaise hain?" Akka rubbed her back

"Donttt" II wiped tears... "They wont let me come by every day, or show the baby every day... u know how times flies?" II argued

"Tch" "Sun kanna" Akka begged

"No kaa... 11 days only? Why didnt u tell me?" II demanded

"Baith" Akka ordered

"This is bad... I was actually taking his side and defending him when Athim asked me why he is not here" II laughed cynically

"U know, u were right" Akka pointed

"He can adjust if he wants to" II said flatly

"Abhi tu khain ka gussa kahin mat dikha" Akka warned

"I am taking his side and telling everyone, he is so caring enough to let me stay blah blah blah" II ranted

"Woh to hai yaar... u shud admit, they are different, everything abt us is different" Akka said calmly

"I dont ask for anything" II cried

"Shhh" "Azhaade di" Akka hissed

"Oh ya I remember, I was desperate to marry him... at every juncture I will be reminded how everything is different." II said sitting down

Akka took the baby from her, Bala was long gone with Shubhang

"Appa and him dont get along" Akka said softly

"Its not Appa's fault" II was furious "He never says anything, he never demands damaad like things from him. He doesnt
demand he wear a veshti and sit in pooja, or eat vegetarian, or quit drinking, or wrap up Paris and return" II was suddenly feeling compassionate for Appa

"Sab alag hai, tujhe pata hai jaan" Akka begged

"I am not asking HIM to stay, I WANT to stay" II hissed

"How can u ask him to come every day?" Akka argued

"Dont be stupid ka, ALL MEN go check on their wife, in the evening, its less than 3 kms, he can come by five times if he wants" II argued

Akka sighed

"Tu ek kaam kar talk to him and get to a consensus" Akka offered

"I feel bad for him too" II cried softly

"she is the closest they will ever get to my MIL" she whispered

Akka cried and nodded too

"Paavam dee" she smiled

"I know... he is the only person in the world that makes me want to murder him and kiss him at the same time" II sniffled and chuckled

"Dont cry... Amma will kill u"

"He can come stay here no?" II asked earnestly

"I dont think he will be comfy raja" Akka spoke honestly

"If he likes her enough shudnt he?" II asked

"Dont say that..." Akka scolded

"Amma has to go back to work, Appa has a job, koi nahi aayega shaam ko" II cried

"I WILL COME EVERY EVENING" Akka promised

"U are a liar ka" II said

"I will send Shravu" Akka chuckled

They both knew, between cooking cleaning, grading college tests, watching Sun TV shows with MIL, and taking care of Shravu's home work
and making sure next day's veggies are chopped, kitchen is tidied... Akka is usually a worn out mess at 11 PM

Akka tapped II's fave Tamil 1970s SPB hits the sisters listened to three songs back to back, Akka lowered the volume so she cud listen to II hum along

A famous Kamal movie, where SPB sings to Kamal's puppet
"Iru manam konda tirumana vazhvil, idayinil nee yen mayanguhirai?" II chuckled kissing Nivi's head fondly, and feeling the thick locks
iLagiya penmai iru vagai onmai yen ingu neeyum yenguginraai
karaiyinil aadum naanalae nee

karaiyinil aadum naanalae nee..nadhiyidam sontham theduginraai
(In a marriage of two hearts how come you are swooning in the middle?
A vulnerable woman is truthful, why do u  still crave so much?
U are just a rainbow that glitters at the banks of a stream, why do u want to claim the stream as yours?)

"Dont be angry, u have a beautiful gift, these are silly things Ishita, when she turns 10, or 20, think about it" Akka smiled and hugged her

"Even then he will be manipulating me and getting his way" II sniffled

"Atleast she will be ur only one no?" Akka hid a smile

"I told him I am getting my tubes tied on week 6" II said smugly

"Kyon rey... have twins no?" Akka chuckled

II hit her... Akka ouched, II got off the bed

"I am going to go eat, Janaki Athai has made vetha kuzhambu (dalless sambar)" II chuckled

Nivi stirred... and cried

"Ur beti knows when Amma is not around" Akka pointed

"Vaa dee I will feed u bhindi curry and vetha kuzhambu" II cooed... " No chicken tikka for u... or baingan bharta" she scolded

Nivi spoke wordlessly

"Rakshasi" she whispered kissing her again...

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Hey everyone!!!
Nice discussion on whistles and pressure cooker
Sri, Asma , Preeti, Drishti, and everyone else present here...
As u know I went to movie last night Airlift...
It was nice good movie
Feeling patriotic after watching it...
And does not regret the action taken by US on Iraq
Saddam was really a dictator... The way he destroyed Kuwait was just horrible and mercilessly
After seeing the movie u feel proud to be an Indian
No matter wht and how we feel bout our governments it is for sure best in situations of panic!
Hats of the maker also for making such a movie as many of us don't even know bout it...

Much of my rant...

Where's Nisha and update...
Nisha u hav two updates this evening???
Waiting
😭
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Finally feels so nice to see akka and II talking there Hearts out...
Akka making II understand reality and to think positively like before...
Loved there sisterly bond ( kaash Meri bhi koi sister hoti)

Kyon rey... have twins no?" Akka chuckled
Don't worry akka ur this wish will also be granted!!!!

Nisha waiting for dude and nivi to be together
Please make him visit quickly...
👏
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Why doesn't ii understand tat the reason for all the problems is her own father and his prejudice against the bhallas 
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Its not Appa's fault" II was furious "He never says anything, he never demands damaad like things from him. He doesnt
demand he wear a veshti and sit in pooja, or eat vegetarian, or quit drinking, or wrap up Paris and return" II was suddenly feeling compassionate for Appa

Really Ii
You know opposite is true.
Dude never demands anything like damaad.
Appa pin points even smallest of his faults. Ignores him. Does everything which wouldn't do to any Iyer damaad.
Ii please try and understand him. He does tries to understand your silence as well when you are uncomfortable around manny.
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Sonal r&b will visit.
He came manao Ii numerous times. Now to dii mein uski sabse precious being reh rahi hai.