Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Today's share doing the rounds! If passenger go to make dung OMG!! lol!!

Interesting letter written more than 100 years back..

COMPLAINT LETTER TO THE RAILWAYS IN 1909!!
Okhil Babu's letter to the Railway department:

Date: 02 - 07 - 1909
Divisional Railway Officer,
Sahibgunj,

Respected Sirs,
I am arrive by passenger train Ahmedpur station and my belly is too much swelling with jackfruit. I am therefore went to privy. Just I doing the nuisance that guard making whistle blow or train to go off and I am running with lotaah in one hand and dhoti in the next when I am fall over and expose all my shocking to man and female women on platform. I am got leaved at Ahmedpur station. This too much bad, if passenger go to make dung that dam guard not wait train five minutes for him. I am therefore pray your honour to make big fine on that guard for public sake. Otherwise I am making big report to papers.(ORIGINAL LETTER)

Your faithful Servant,
Okhil Chandra Sen

Okhil Babu wrote this letter to the Sahibganj divisional railway officer in 1909. It is on display at the Railway Museum in New Delhi. It was also reproduced under the caption Travellers ales in the Far Eastern Economic Review.

Any guesses why this letter is of Historic Value?

It led to the introduction of TOILETS in trains in India...!!!!

So no idea is stupid.
Do ventilate your feelings, no matter how good or bad is your English!

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Today's share doing the rounds! If passenger go to make dung OMG!! lol!!

Interesting letter written more than 100 years back..

COMPLAINT LETTER TO THE RAILWAYS IN 1909!!
Okhil Babu's letter to the Railway department:

Date: 02 - 07 - 1909
Divisional Railway Officer,
Sahibgunj,

Respected Sirs,
I am arrive by passenger train Ahmedpur station and my belly is too much swelling with jackfruit. I am therefore went to privy. Just I doing the nuisance that guard making whistle blow or train to go off and I am running with lotaah in one hand and dhoti in the next when I am fall over and expose all my shocking to man and female women on platform. I am got leaved at Ahmedpur station. This too much bad, if passenger go to make dung that dam guard not wait train five minutes for him. I am therefore pray your honour to make big fine on that guard for public sake. Otherwise I am making big report to papers.(ORIGINAL LETTER)

Your faithful Servant,
Okhil Chandra Sen

Okhil Babu wrote this letter to the Sahibganj divisional railway officer in 1909. It is on display at the Railway Museum in New Delhi. It was also reproduced under the caption Travellers ales in the Far Eastern Economic Review.

Any guesses why this letter is of Historic Value?

It led to the introduction of TOILETS in trains in India...!!!!

So no idea is stupid.
Do ventilate your feelings, no matter how good or bad is your English!

OMG !!! Hilarious ! πŸ˜† Am glad it was a happy ending πŸ˜‰

Ofcourse - PLEASE Do ventilate your feelingsπŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by jasminechick - 8 years ago
jaschick thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Nisha along with Ranjan you are missing too !! πŸ˜†

I know !!! Where r u Nisha ??

Enna achu, why speedy update ... Already 3 weeks post Seemantham ! I guess we are rushing to see the baby.  Hope Ranjan is okay πŸ˜•... Cant imagine II (ofcourse the dude) and the kids without Ranjan and Mavvy Uncle.

Hello KalpanaπŸ€— - All good on your end ?
Edited by jasminechick - 8 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
clueless Manny probes of 4th trimester cravings...a research scholar for sure she is

Medhu vadai that resembled the blubbery diva's cheeks
Accompaniments were sufficient enticements to stay intent on her task

Sri😊
jaschick thumbnail
Nouf - How are u ? Long time πŸ€—
ishruhi thumbnail
Update ille??πŸ˜”

Sleepy sleepy...
Good night...😊
Errantnomad thumbnail
I'm good Jas!
That letter is a riot πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Errantnomad thumbnail
Noufi, plj req update venam πŸ˜› .
And Good night. Sleep tight
ishruhi thumbnail
I am fine jasmine...😊
Had been posted at a community health centre for the past one mth...and luckily it was near my home.couldnt stay at home much as my sister had chicken pox,but enjoyd home made food...😊. But this posting will b over by this week and the 'hecticest' posting will start by next wk,surgery...
Waiting to watch how the next two mths r going to be...
ishruhi thumbnail
Kalpana...u r right...update venam!update venam!!!and pls make it before my eyes say gud nite...

Btw,where is chotti n garima n nadira?our kutti girls?hope they r fine...last i heard garima got entered in med school,if i m not wrong...chotti must b having her board exams...all the best for her...nadira???saw envee online some days back...hope asma is fine...SR too😊dont remember properly,but saw dristi or kajal had some exams...hope alls well...baki sab...kalpana,sri,jas,sonal,my girls,shru,O,shilpa,hershey,vikas,anu,shev[didnt c them online]fathima,divya,sush,ashu,preeti,redG,vani and all those i missd,hi!!!!!nisha too!!!

Kala n kavitha too!!!!hi ladies!!!sorry,i missed your names!!!sorry!!!i know that u guys will not mind!!but still,ente samaadhanam!!!!Edited by ishruhi - 8 years ago