BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago
Quantico's' Priyanka Chopra in Talks to Join Dwayne Johnson's Baywatch'
MARCO GROB FOR VARIETY
JANUARY 11, 2016|05:33PM PT
Justin KrollFilm Reporter@krolljvar

[DIV]Embedded image permalink

"Quantico" starPriyanka Choprais in talks to join Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron in Paramount's "Baywatch," sources tellVariety.

"San Andreas" actress Alexandra Daddario was recently tapped to play Summer (originally portrayed by Nicole Eggert) and model Kelly Rohrbach recently signed on to play C.J. Parker (originally played by Pamela Anderson). Seth Gordon is directing.

Johnson will also produce the film with his partner Dany Garcia through their Seven Bucks Productions banner. Beau Flynn and Ivan Reitman are producing as well, along with Michael Berk, Douglas Schwartz and Greg Bonann.

SEE MORE:Baywatch' Movie Casts Model Kelly Rohrbach in Pamela Anderson's Role

Damian Shannon and Mark Swift wrote the latest draft of the script. Although plot details are currently vague, sources close to the project reveal that the studio is taking a comedic route with the movie. Production is expected to commence in the new few months.

Best known for her Bollywood credits, Chopra broke out onto the domestic scene following her star-making performance in ABC's drama "Quantico," which the network picked up for a full 22 episodes.

She is repped by WME and Anjula Acharia Bath.

Edit: more info from another article

Originally posted by: anonymous39

Paramount's movie centers on the leader of an elite group of lifeguards (Johnson) who is forced to team up with a young, hotshot former Olympian (Efron) to save their beloved bay.
Scheduling conflicts with the film's shoot and Chopra's ABC show still need to be worked out, but the actress would play the story's villain.

Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BollyPC thumbnail
Opinions? Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 8 years ago
Paramount's movie centers on the leader of an elite group of lifeguards (Johnson) who is forced to team up with a young, hotshot former Olympian (Efron) to save their beloved bay.

Scheduling conflicts with the film's shoot and Chopra's ABC show still need to be worked out, but the actress would play the story's villain.
Edited by anonymous39 - 8 years ago
BollyPC thumbnail

Yeah I just read this new article! Villain would be cool... More scope than just running! 😆Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 8 years ago
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I was anyway looking forward to Baywatch! Ah, reminds me of the good ol' series!
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I don't like Dwayne Johnson but I do like Zac. Hope PC gets do a good movie in Hollywood
JaaniDushman thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheJake

I was anyway looking forward to Baywatch! Ah, reminds me of the good ol' series!

Isn't it just models running? Do you have an idea about what the movie is about? Does it have a good plot?

The only knowledge I have of baywatch is Joey- Chandler watching girls in red running!! 😆Edited by Patronus - 8 years ago
^it's like a silly soap opera.
Don't expect too much. It will be one of those fun summer movies and that's about it. 

I think both Priyanka and Deepika are starting off the right way. You have to do what you can get right now. Once they are better known, they would get better movie offers.  

For now, this is fine.
JaaniDushman thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

^it's like a silly soap opera.

Don't expect too much. It will be one of those fun summer movies and that's about it.

I think both Priyanka and Deepika are starting off the right way. You have to do what you can get right now. Once they are better known, they would get better movie offers.

For now, this is fine.

Yeah that's what I was confused about ! I know the silly soap opera, how will turning it into a movie make it not silly though? 😆

I feel Deepika is going the right way! But after Quantico, I think PC would come down a notch if she was just a flowerpot running in a swimming costume! 😆
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oooh a villain?  PC nails shady characters so looking forward to it!!

I just hope that both the movies work for our girls and they get better projects in the future :)