Place where there is a plane is far away from nature -Sita

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Guys was really tied up yesterday and actually watched the episode only today in hotstar. Actually it was an episode where lot of things happened and at first I was confused what to take for topic of discussion. Because on side we had Ram making cursed divine, a Malavaya literally insulting Janak, his utter disregard of Sita, Urmila's expected outburst. But then finally I decided on this line from Sita. 
Because that line made me thinking, thinking in such a way I never thought. And understood what she said is so true. Yes our technology has enabled us to fly. We have circumvent the laws of physics for beating time and space. And we continue to find new methods, new devices which can beat time and space in the physical realm. And our days become faster, night doesnt seem to exist and years pass away as if it is a second. And we gloat in this advancement, this feat of beating the nature. We the modern man looks with utter lack of disrespect anything old, anything ancient. Our treatment towards our epics Ramayana and Mahabharatha is a testimony to this gloating of knowledge which is actually limited to physical science. 

And in this eagerness to beat time and space are we realizing we are now far away from nature. We simply dont understand ourselves. Our real wants. It takes us seconds to dial a mobile number and speak to someone who is across seas. What about listening to our inner voice. Do we even realize such a voice exists. Our conscience which whispers, which directs. Do we have the time to listen to it. 

We reach places across the seas in matter of hours. How much time does it take us to meet our next door neighbour. Do we even know the name of our neighbour. TV brings us news from across the world. Do we know what is happening in the next street or for that matter what our kids are upto. Do we understand them. 

And to this man who gloat in the advancement of physical science nature occasionally shows what human race actually is. The recent Chennai floods being the classic example. The so called technology came to no use when mobile phones refused to work, when people had money but ATMs were not working. There was no power. Aerodrome and railway stations remained closed for about a week and the so called metro city came to a virtual standstill when nature decided to have its way. Man stood humbled. 

So is technology bad. No because of technology we are able to communicate like this. But the fact is we should not be slaves to technology, make technology our slave. Give order to technology, dont take order from technology. Use physical science inline with the inner science or spiritual laws to make it more meaningful. 

Instead of flaunting the next gen mobile phone or the latest branded watch to stand apart, do actions from the heart that reaches the hearts of the masses and become truly different. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

siyakeraghav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful post Shruthi. It is true man has lost touch with nature and has become slavishly dependent of what new technology offers every day. If only he remembers that even his intellect, with the help of which he is able to discover and invent new things, is being guided by a force which is supreme, he will remain humble always. He will not be taken by surprise when nature shows its true might occasionally. I agree with you in stating that man needs to live along with nature rather than with an attitude of trying to conquer it.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Nice post shruthi.
The real progress is when, one tries to connect with one's "Self", listens to the inner voice. But for that one has to connect with their own inner Self, then only that voice will be heard.
Whatever is achieved through technology is superficial. Inner happiness can be achieved by connecting to Nature, which has a lot to offer, provided we are ready to take.
Thanks to SKR, such pts are highlighted. Lets take advantage of them. 😊

Suganya.S thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wat a commendable post shruthi πŸ‘ 
The example for instance was never forgettable one for me as i was directly affected too  ,  what would happen wen man try to usurp its actual rights and play folly   It was a remainder from nature that , no one or nothing can outdo it , try as u will !!! 

Sitaji who herself was bhumija , was so grieved to see the injustice meted to bhumi and she being both princess and host , made her point straight to goal πŸ‘πŸ‘ Also loved urmila , who spoke her mind and being defensive of her elder sister πŸ‘πŸΌ I m so eager to see the characterisation of urmila n her relationship with lakshman too in this show πŸ˜³
Edited by Suganya.S - 8 years ago
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
WOW Such a thoughtful post dear. I was also happy the way sh said that. The dialogue writer is just amazing like everything else in SKR..πŸ˜³πŸ‘β­οΈ
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi:  I don't know whether such a convo took place between Sita and Malyavan, but the dialogues are upto the standard.
Science and technology can be used for both constructive and destructive purpose. 

Albert Einstein was not a part of Manhattan project but his special theory of relativity illustrated the concept of atomic bomb.

Regarding the 1939 Einstein's letter  to Roosevelt, his biographer, Ronald Clark, has noted:

"As far as his own life was concerned, one thing seemed quite clear. 'I made one great mistake in my life,' he said to Linus Pauling, who spent an hour with him on the morning of November 11, 1954, '...when I signed the letter to President Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made; but there was some justification - the danger that the Germans would make them.'".

Ronald Clark, Einstein: The Life and Times, pg. 620.

If the convo happened in Ramayan then, Malyavan destroyed the agricultural field for the pushpak viman, our politicians and officials destroyed the water body for airport in Chennai. Lessons not yet learned.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Excellent post  Shruti
ur posts are thought provoking πŸ‘πŸΌ

@Ramya loved ur example supporting Shruti's postπŸ˜ƒ
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Ramya not only science , religion also can be constructive and destructive. Science and religion are like 2 sides of the same coin. One governs the laws of physical space and another governs the laws of inner space. The great Albert Einstein himself said " Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is blind".
We need both science and religion. Without expanding the inner space if only outer space is expanded we become handicapped. 
Without rationalizing the reason behind rituals and actions we become fanatics

Incorrect appplication of science gives Hiroshima and Nagasakhi. Incorrect application of religion I dont have to tell what it is capable of. We have enough examples in India for that.And science in the hands of such fanatics becomes even more destructive. 

@Suganya Chennai flood I can also connect to. Because being a Keralite I have quite a number of friends there. Also it is a city I have visited multiple times. So to see the destruction of that city in such a massive scale becomes quite personal.

@Meena if we give our inner space a chance it can work wonders and give us more peace. Only if we are willing. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: True. Both science and religion are like a clay which can be moulded in any way depends on the person. Atleast science people mostly accepts the mistake but its so sensitive in case of orthodox religious believers. In a sense, both traces the path associated with nature and becomes disaster if it moves away.
@Mano: Thank u. Which one u liked Einstein or our Chennai floods?πŸ˜‰
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely post dear..
Natur's power is above all technologies...
Siya's line that people travelling in Air can't understand value of earth so true and lovely..