Why didnt you tell your heart's feelings- Urmila

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I guess today I will take this line from Urmila. The most pertinent question and was Sita right in doing what she did. 
I would say yes. What she did is completely right as a dutiful daughter. Yes a man has entered her heart. So her father's question poses a conflict for her. But look at her options. On one side she has a man who has made her what she, and as a dutiful father wanted her opinion on what she feels about  marriage and the way it is being conducted. He is willing to forgo the swayamvar challenge if she wants it that way. 
On the other hand she has a man for whom she has feelings, but not sure what his feelings are for her. Infact she doesnt even know whether he is interested in marrying her. 

So if for the second man, if she put her father's reputation at stake. I mean Janak might take a proposal to Ayodhya about his daughter's hand based on Sita's love. What if Dasrath rejects, what if Ram himself rejects. How will her father feel after that. And how will she feel after that. 

So instead of trying to be loyal to a new relation which is not yet formed fully, she decides to comply to the first relation she has. The relation of a good and dutiful daughter. She understands her father has taken the decision after discussion with wise men and he has her best interests at heart. And she decides to trust her father's judgement and ensure he is completely happy. 

And yes her decision to be a dutiful daughter gets her what she wants. The man  who has stolen her heart proves to the world his love for her by lifting the Shiv Dhanush. 

Respect your parents. Yes they might have their own faults. But listening to them, yielding to them in the most important decisions of your life doesnt harm you. It only enriches you. Only if you stay truthful to your existing relations, you can be truthful to the new relations also. 

Breaking the existing relations and building new one is like building castles on sand. A strong wave can wash it away. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
So true we must build new relations but not at the stake of old ones.
And when the point is about the biggest cherisher of our life , its our duty to obey them , to respect them , to work for their happiness
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Lovely post shruthi di as always
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
beautiful post shruthi once again 
true said Urmila can't see Sita sad as she know the feelings of Sita but as wise n mature decision Sita took 
she is feeling sad hurt n confuse but she is right like u said if their ans will be no as she don't know what he thinks
more Parents wants good for their children only...
n here Janak also want it
I just loved n adore the bonding of Sita n Janak n their conversation
siyakeraghav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely post Shruthi. But sometimes destiny itself places a new relation in front of us and we get quite convinced that the alliance is good for us. In that case better would be to take the opinion of the well wishers in the family and if possible take them along by convincing them. Of course I am assuming here that both parties know each other's mind before putting the proposal in front of the elders which is not the case with Ram and Sita.
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
lovely post dear...
urmilla understands her well and even says her father has taken her approval before announcing swayamvar...
urmilla knows her sister's heart.. 
she is supporting her sister to say once about her heart to her father and he will go to ayodhya for her marriage proposal...whatever the result will be..
sita too thinking about ram but still agrees thinking about her sisters and her fathers decision as she dont know ram's feelings..

love the way urmilla talk to sita... 

shruthiravi thumbnail
@siyakeraghav my post was with respect to the conflicts Sita felt and why she chose to side with Janak.
In Mahabharath if you see Rukmini writes letter to Krishna and Krishna takes from the mandir on her wedding day. Even similar thing happen with Subhadra and Arjun supported by Krishna. 

If you look there in both the cases of Rukmini and Subhadra unilateral decisions were taken by their brothers without consenting them. They consulted the man and decided that their sisters will agree. Rukmi didnt like Krishna at all and even after knowing his sister loves Krishna he proceeded with her marriage with Shishupala. 
So to the men who didnt respect them, these women also didnt show respect and took their decision. 
But Janak respects his daughter a lot and with such a father what Sita did is right

There are many parents who doesnt hesitate to kill their wards for the simple reason of falling in love and we call them honor killing. And there are parents who do forced marriages for their ego, their prestige. It is not only girls suffer here. There are enough men also who suffer in forced marriages. 
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Excellent post, as usual, Shruthi .
Your post did throw light on what would be Sita's answer in tomm's episode, certain it will match, curious to see her answer ðŸ˜Š
prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Respect your parents. Yes they might have their own faults. But listening to them, yielding to them in the most important decisions of your life doesnt harm you. It only enriches you. Only if you stay truthful to your existing relations, you can be truthful to the new relations also. 

Breaking the existing relations and building new one is like building castles on sand. A strong wave can wash it away. 

Excellent post as always and very well written...

@blue - so true and completely agree with you... all our puranas insists this ... very well put...

interesting to know what would sita  reply to urmila...

this is just my thought... 

i would just like to highlight two aspects...

Not only her father's wish but also a guru's wisdom is intertwined in this as the way for sita's marraige was stated by parashuram ...
Fear,insecurites are also a part of moha that occupies only the mind that is confused ...sita says clearly your wish will not be against my good and  a guru always guides us through the wisest path,,,,
so she accepts this syamvar without  a doubt for if she  truly believes in her heart they are meant to be together...where there comes a doubt that they may not marry each other ,,, and like she says she would be truly lucky if it happens that way as here ram will not only be her choice but her father's ,gurus choice too... 

Those two questions putforth by urmila 
"Are your feelings not important and y this  sacrifice ..."

my feel was sacrifice happens only when we abandon or forego something on consideration of something else...

here there is no question of abandoning because the very qualities that sita admired in ram  ... compassion, might,purity of heart are the ones required to lift the danush too...

overall when we feel something strongly with purity of heart there is nothing to feared or worried about... we have only to believe and have trust and patience ...nature would take its course... ...

shruthiravi thumbnail
Thank you Prav. You have put a beautiful perspective to the sacrifice part 😃