Larger interest of society over Personal feud-Vishwamitra

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I really hope the politicians of today watch yesterday's episode. It is known that the personal relation between vashisth and vishwamitra is not great. They do have some misgivings about them on the way Vishwamitra challenged Vashistha he will become brahmarishi and he became one too. 
But the point to be noted yesterday was irrespective of those misgivings when Vishwamitra knew vashistha can help him in protecting the larger interest of the society he decided to bury the differences and approach vashisth. And Vashisth true to his nature also doesnt hold out the information he has when Vishwamitra tells him why he has come. 

Actually the dialogues between the saints was the beauty of the yesterday, where Vishwamitra ask whether vashistha has a disciple who can fight the mayavi power of the asuras. Vasishta says he has taught his disciples only on war principles and normal weapons. Vishwamitra has the know how of secret warfare, divine weapons and if he is willing to give that info to his disciples they will be able to fight. 

And Vishwamitra says he can give that knowledge only to a disciple who will not use it for personal gain, but will use it only for self defense and protection of dharma and he asks vashisth does he have a disciple like that.

And Vashisth says Ram the answer Vishwamitra was also expecting. We need to look at how both rishis buried their differences and decided to work together for the larger interest. Vasisth is not telling the name of any disciple by random who after getting the knowledge from vishwamitra can be manipulated for his personal needs. He gives a genuine answer in Ram as a teacher who has understood the divinity and capability of his disciple. 

And their combined knowledge is helping Ram to deal with Asuras. How good it will be in present times if the people with great knowledge come together, bury their differences and give directions to today's youngsters so that their experience can help us create a better society. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
As usual beautiful analysis

Arshics thumbnail
True Shruthi, the conversation between the gurus was a enriching experience.  They are able to rise above their own personal conflict, Vishwamitra does not hesitate to ask Vashishtha for help, and Vashihstha does not hesitate to complement Vishwamitra for giving shelter to Rishis. 
Two great men who place more value on safety and security of others than their own self. 

The quAlities of a great warrior as stated by Vishwamitra highlighted mental strength and attitude over physical skill and prowess. 

Mere knowing the technique of how to use shastras was not enough, the student should have mental strength, the ability to relearn, the stability of mind, the will to face any challenge and the wisdom to know when to use the weapons. 

True Gurus, they are aware that Vidya and gyan must be imparted to those who can use it responsibly, else it will do more harm than good. 

Also, once again we saw Janak maturely handle the situation. While Sunaynas response is emotional, they do realise that Chandrabhagas fears are unfounded but Janak doesn't want to dismiss them casually  wants to think about this problem but doesn't want the children to be impacted by this conflict. 

As I said, the more I see this show, the more I learn about how to manage relationships positively, how to think and then take positive action, than just reacting emotionally! 

Another thought provoking episode, with valueable lessons of life. 
Arshics thumbnail
Sorry friends, am going through one of those busy chaotic phases of life, so I haven't been able to reply to your posts and comments. 
So, today also I am not making a separate post, have made my post here on shruthis wonderful thread 
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Once again u picked up the right one
Yesterday's ep was one of the top episodes acc to me
It was interesting,racy and had a beautiful message as usual
And yes Vishwamitra and Vasista convo was the highlight
Manishji played Vishwamitra to perfection 
I loved the look of him too

Like u said how good it would be
If people set aside egos for greater good 
leave at all politicians,even we don't do it in our own lives
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Once again u picked up the right one

Yesterday's ep was one of the top episodes acc to me
It was interesting,racy and had a beautiful message as usual
And yes Vishwamitra and Vasista convo was the highlight
Manishji played Vishwamitra to perfection 
I loved the look of him too

Like u said how good it would be
If people set aside egos for greater good 
leave at all politicians,even we don't do it in our own lives

Mano manish ji is so impressive as vishwamitra.  I am looking forward to more and more of his scenes
shruthiravi thumbnail
@mano the moment I knew Manishji is playing Vishwamitra I knew it will be a visual treat as he as an actor will seal that role with stupendous performance and he lives upto the expectations. 
@Arshics you are right the show is helping me also to manage relations and I guess our generation needs that some guidelines in managing the relations. To understand Rishton ki maryada. Because relations are very complex and even one side breaks a whole lot will break along with that. 

And we have to create not only Janak and Sunaina for hiding things from kids but kushadwaj and Chandrabagha too. She doesnt talk anything ill about Sita or her concerns about Sita in front of Mandavi and Sruthakeerthi. And Kaikeyi also if you look doesnt hold Bharath back from interacting with his brothers. 

I mean they keep problems at individual level without allowing it to spill over and create chaos for the next generation also. But look now. Past is bought again and again into our lives. Older generation does not allow the current generation to move forward. The scars of yester years are dragged again into the media to settle points and even in families the issues 3 generations back create rifts even now. Parents instigating their children against each other, against relatives. The whole social fabric takes the burden generation after generation. If you see the present generation carries the burden of atleast 6-7 generations behind us that have created the rifts and divides which shows no signs of going away but is only deepening. 

And yes any day a good student is the one who can unlearn and then learn. And rightly pointed out have the wisdom to know when to use the divine knowledge bestowed on them. 
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: As soon as I heard this dialogue from Vishwamitra, I thought this will be your topic of discussion. What a beautiful episode and a perfect explanation from your end. I like the show mainly for the way the gurus are projected so far. It gives a feeling that all the good things were told by various gurus in Ramayana which we failed to grasp that is why Lord Krishna rendered them in one stretch as BG. 
 Coming back to the content, it shows the greatness of both vishwamitra and vashistha who thought about the people than their own differences. This dialogue reiterates why he was called as Vishwa-mitra obviously the name suits him. I remembered the explanation given by little sita (Ananya  ). This is very much essential for parents who because of their difference spoil the life of their own children. 
What was the place where vishwamitra met vashistha?
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya the path Ram walked is the one which Krishna gave the direction to Arjun. The whole knowledge of BG should have been God's own learning living as a human managing the relations, understanding the complexities of the society. The path of dharma which he upheld with his own journey he gave direction to another man in Krishnavatar is what I feel seeing this Ramayan. And it makes logical sense also. You take the journey yourself and then help someone else take it. 
And that may be the reason Mahabharath is called 5th veda, the one which can be easily understood where the Lord himself is giving knowledge to a man in such a way he can understand. And I feel the first point to understand the cosmic laws in this Kaliyug is Mahabharath itself and from there we can take the journey backwards to our roots. 

Place where the rishis met I feel it is somepoint outside Ayodhya. Not sure. 
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: yes a good student can only be a good teacher. That is the problem we face now. Mostly the people in teaching sectors are not really interested in it and they entered with no other option. With what interest they will teach the students? A person with 60% knowlegde can only transfer 30-40% to next generation. Those with real brilliance are unfortunately not in teaching area.
By the way, I asked about those small cottage like appearance?

Edited by Ramyalaxmi - 8 years ago